Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

Well quite frankly something is off with this game, graphics look amazing but everything else is odd, 1st the UI witch does little to tell you whats going on, to the point it feels lazy or just poorly conceived, then there's the feel to the blasters, its awfully wrong, the time it takes to hit the enemy feels way off even slower then bullets would, and its a freaking blaster, laser should be instant, it feels blunt and boring, its light after all, dps seems fine, might need some fine tunning. Then there's the game modes and maps, tried both maps and was quite boring there's no fun in it, has some said no soul, maybe because I play allot of BF4, where maps have way more depth to them then this, not to speak of verticality and destructibility, I don't own Hardline, but played the beta, and it was leaps and bounds more fun then this.
And last the pickups, running around the map looking for those is just a horrible idea, I want to be able to jump into battle right away any kind of battle.

So bottom line quite disappointed with the game, there's a serious lack of proper in depth mechanics, definitely a no no for me,the game feels shallow and uninspiring every step of the way, some will disagree, but remember this is my opinion....

And just like BF4, you can bring up FPS counter with ~ and then "perfoverlay.drawfps 1" and then ~ to exit.

Finally got to playing the beta.

To be honest, it's exactly what I expected for a Battlefront reboot.
Dice has done a fine job at making the beta extremely playable even with how popular it is today.

After looking through all the playmodes, online and offline, I'm actually impressed.
For those complaining about survival mode, it's only 6 rounds out of the 15 that will be in the release.

My 6 year old son seems to love it, so we will be buying it.
And it's nice to have another split screen to my list.

As for the Hoth Assault, it gets boring after a few rounds, but this should change once we get all the maps and modes to play at release.

For what it is, I can't complain.
I'll be buying it.

Finally got to playing the beta.

To be honest, it's exactly what I expected for a Battlefront reboot.
Dice has done a fine job at making the beta extremely playable even with how popular it is today.

After looking through all the playmodes, online and offline, I'm actually impressed.
For those complaining about survival mode, it's only 6 rounds out of the 15 that will be in the release.

My 6 year old son seems to love it, so we will be buying it.
And it's nice to have another split screen to my list.

As for the Hoth Assault, it gets boring after a few rounds, but this should change once we get all the maps and modes to play at release.

For what it is, I can't complain.
I'll be buying it.

So wait...

This game supports split-screen??

Does anyone else agree that the maps are really crappy? I feel like they have no depth vertically or anything to them..and was destruct ability taken out of battle front?

surprisingly I'm spending more time with Drop Zone then Walker Assault...game has it's flaws but it's a hell of a lot of fun...those textures wow!...the rocks!...everything looks so crisp, even close up...this is the most photorealistic game ever...and I love that there's almost no downtime waiting for a new match to start...everything is quick...I hate waiting in lobbies forever

So is there a way to switch teams? or join a server that your friend is already on?

Deal breakers for me.

oh god, i havent even started the game yet and i already see Star Wars clichés. :rolleyes:

Does the starting weapon just really REALLY suck or is it just me? I can put about 4-5 hits into someone and it does nothing but i constnatly get 1-2 hit by most people, so annoying.

They took matchmaking and turned it into the worst possible format. There is almost no way to even join your friends, other than hoping you find a lobby with uneven teams. Gameplay is also really boring, zero interest in buying this.

Just got done playing it. Runs great. Looks great.

And I am completely terrible, me entering a shooter like this = a stationary target dummy for others to rack up points.

Not my cup of tea, this reminds me why I don't like shooters. I need more powers in my game, like a mass effect series at the very least. But look at how good the world looks, and how well it runs, it's really a shame this is the type of title where the top flight talent goes to do their work.

I played a little bit *shrug* I have to agree the blasters feel super weird. This is definitely not a battlefield game thats for sure.

So is there a way to switch teams? or join a server that your friend is already on?

Deal breakers for me.

No to both as far as I know. If there's a way to do either, I'd like to know.

They took matchmaking and turned it into the worst possible format. There is almost no way to even join your friends, other than hoping you find a lobby with uneven teams. Gameplay is also really boring, zero interest in buying this.

every Hoth game i tried to join ends as i enter it....wtf, just let me join new games....

This game is really gorgeous. I love that I can play it maxed out at 144 FPS at 1440p with Twin Titan-X at 1563 MHz and so buttery smooth with G-Sync.

I'm jealous for those people playing at 4k...I can only imagine how amazing the game will look then...we have a new graphics champ that's for sure, Crysis 3 has been dethroned

Kinda have to mirror the people saying it looks amazing, sounds amazing, effects are amazing, but it's just...off. It just seems like yet another unlock-fest of bullshit. Which is a huge shame because if it weren't EA/DICE making this but it had the same graphics and everything it would be AMAZING. Right now I really have very little desire to purchase this.

The idea of random power-ups strewn around the map is stupid as hell. I also don't really care for the GoW reload mini-game thing...that worked in GoW but in a MP shooter, not really.

I'm also pretty sure there is a problem with the matchmaking, or netcode, or something. Several times I was point-blank and 100% sure I shot a guy before I died, and he was still at 100% health. BS.

I'm jealous for those people playing at 4k...I can only imagine how amazing the game will look then...we have a new graphics champ that's for sure, Crysis 3 has been dethroned

The game looks ridiculous on my 4K OLED, but to be competitive I have to play on my 144 Hz G-Sync.

Games looks fantastic.

As a huge Star wars fan and a BF player since 42 beta, I will happily play this game when I reach my 14 year backlog.

Uninstalled and forgotten.

/Sad Panda.

Last edited:
Ugh preloaded then came home to play, and game starts with a black screen :(

If I alt tab i can see the game normally, but as soon as i click anything it goes full screen, and back to black.

Anyone having the same issue?

For posterity:

Intel Core i7-5960X
Dual GTX 980s
64GB ram
1 TB 850 Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate

I've tried the latest nvidia drivers, and disabling SLI

the Hoth map looks simply stunning...I've never seen anything like it...it's gaming nirvana...the Holy Grail of graphics...I'll buy this game for the graphics alone...use it as my reference game demo just like I have specific Blu-ray's I like to show off for reference video/audio

Last edited:
Lets hope over time they can improve it. It looks great and sounds great but thats about it. Everything is kinda meh/blah

I played a little bit *shrug* I have to agree the blasters feel super weird. This is definitely not a battlefield game thats for sure.

Thank fuck for that.

I have mixed feelings about this game though. Funny thing is i have almost no qualms with how the weapons feel or behave or the hero balance at all in that respect it feels like a battlefront game. If anything though headshots are a little too effective it's ridiculous how people you can mow down before your weapon overheats.

What i don't like is the simplification and poor addition of some of the core mechanics. Like the lack of classes, the stupid power/card system and the addition of pointlessly unlocking crap. Small tdm style maps are completely unnecessary in this game and do not represent battlefront.

They only managed to make 20vs20 feel action packed by making the game instant respawn :rolleyes:. They also turned tying up the atat into a dumb as hell minigame WTF :confused:. Lack of clonewars is going to suck as well as it brought a more asymmetrical aspect to the past games keeping it a bit more interesting.

It's a stunning game.

If only it was good.

it's good in terms of Star Wars gameplay but not when comparing it to other games...DICE has perfected Frostbite 3 and this makes me even more excited for Mass Effect 4 and maybe even the next Need for Speed game

I like the game, but after hitting lvl 4 im good for now I think what draws me in the most is the simple fact of "its star wars". I still play jedi academy and star wars galaxys on a almost daily basis.

This game has the single worst spawning system I've ever seen in a shooter.

Literally terrible.

The engine? Absolutely great. Looks wonderful and runs smooth as fuck.

The gameplay? Unquestionably dumbed down. The game is simplistic as fuck and it ultimately bleeds into all the wrong places and provides nuance nowhere where it's actually needed. Gunplay is not interesting or exciting. It's dolled up, flashy, and totally underwhelming and uninspired at the core. Almost nothing has that solid, visceral feel, and the hitting someone is more or less about as satisfying as a super soaker. Fights degenerate into a battle of who can just flat out overrun the other and killing 5 people on a point only to have them subsequently spawn 30m from you (or just materialize off a teammate with several seconds of spawn invulnerability) is braindead as fuck.

I feel like they tried to make it feel action packed by having no meaningful spawn times, but really what it means in practice is that you killed over half their team on your own, but instead of being the hero of the day, you're somehow you're still drowning in fucking enemies.

Last edited:
Does the starting weapon just really REALLY suck or is it just me? I can put about 4-5 hits into someone and it does nothing but i constnatly get 1-2 hit by most people, so annoying.

I think its weak because I was having the same issue. Game is pretty cool though.

Back