Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

Too bad you can't rent games for PC, because this is a rental if I ever saw one.

I actually did rent a PC game once, back in 1994 or 95. It was a local movie rental store that for some reason also had a few PC games to rent.

I'm fairly certain the game was Cyberia, if anyone remembers that oldie.

I'll just say I called it......has as much longevity as Titanshit.

Way to go EA, DICE, Disney....you took a potentially EPIC game and made it for 8 year olds and it is dying a quick death. But hey, who gives a fuck - you made millions off of the console fuck tards so bring on the next piece of shit game!

I'll just say I called it......has as much longevity as Titanshit.

Way to go EA, DICE, Disney....you took a potentially EPIC game and made it for 8 year olds and it is dying a quick death. But hey, who gives a fuck - you made millions off of the console fuck tards so bring on the next piece of shit game!

Hey man chill. Be mad at EA but don't insult/blame us that play on consoles for their failures. We're just as pissed as you are for this game.

You spending thousands on a gaming rig versus us spending hundreds should have no benefit or difference in them releasing a quality game or not, especially with an open platform AAA game.

Last edited:
Hey man chill. Be mad at EA but don't insult/blame us that play on consoles for their failures. We're just as pissed as you are for this game.

You spending thousands on a gaming rig versus us spending hundreds should have no benefit or difference in them releasing a quality game or not, especially with an open platform AAA game.

Well you can't say you didn't have plenty of notice of this in the lead up to release, writing was on the wall well before that this was going to be a cynical cash grab. People need to stop buying into the hype.

I know the short falls off the game since I've played quite a bit but honestly i like the game. I would like to see some of the cheesy shit go and would like alot more maps but still i like it. I guess I'm in the minority here.

Dying on PC already? WTF? Hopefully they start lowering the price quickly then haha. Don't they have a ton of expansions planned?

Dying on PC already? WTF? Hopefully they start lowering the price quickly then haha. Don't they have a ton of expansions planned?

I believe the season pass is supposed to bring along 16 new maps (among other things). However, that's not necessarily a good thing. I'd say it's fair to compare to Titanfall, both by way of the quickly dwindling community, and the reliance on matchmaking. More maps just segregates an already thin player base, making it even harder to get into a game.

With something like BF4, the strong player base and ability to browse for a server makes it much easier to adapt to the segregation that DLC causes. But with Battlefront, it just gives a smaller pool of players regardless of whether you have the DLC or you don't, which means more time spent matchmaking and less time spent playing.

game is thriving on consoles...if you're a fan it might be better to get the PS4 version...2nd time I've said that within the past few months- Arkham Knight being the other time

game is thriving on consoles...if you're a fan it might be better to get the PS4 version...2nd time I've said that within the past few months- Arkham Knight being the other time

I have a kick ass rig by which the graphics look vastly superior than on the console and I can't stand playing an FPS on the pos console. Not to mention I already paid full price to play on my platform of choice and I should go play on the console because of what exactly? because they can't seem to get their head out of their asses and give us the things that make PC gaming superior? I'm not mad at you for saying that or anything but I just happen to see your post and it sort of ticked me off.

I like the game but lately I have been having a hard time getting games going and when I do I find the lack of in game balance disturbing. One side is usually destroying the other as in not even close. Not to mention the lack of a server browser is starting to annoy me as well.

I have a kick ass rig by which the graphics look vastly superior than on the console and I can't stand playing an FPS on the pos console. Not to mention I already paid full price to play on my platform of choice and I should go play on the console because of what exactly? because they can't seem to get their head out of their asses and give us the things that make PC gaming superior? I'm not mad at you for saying that or anything but I just happen to see your post and it sort of ticked me off.

I like the game but lately I have been having a hard time getting games going and when I do I find the lack of in game balance disturbing. One side is usually destroying the other as in not even close. Not to mention the lack of a server browser is starting to annoy me as well.

the lack of people playing on PC and lack of dedicated server browser are not going to change so even though PC has vastly superior graphics it doesn't matter if no one is there to look at it...so if you enjoy the game and want to play with a large community then consoles is the way to go...PC numbers will only continue to decline until people move on to the next big DICE MP game

Battlefront is 60 FPS on PS4, just tossing this out there...

EA isn't trying to give you things that let you pat yourself on the back and declare PCs are superior. They want your money, and you kindly gave it to them on a platform that was arguably doomed from the start for this game.

Be that as it may I have an xboxone and I am not going to buy a ps4 as well so thats out. I also will not be buying it for the xbox as that is the same shit imo. These facts you guys are throwing out there might be true but it doesn't make me feel any better and I will not cave into that bullshit. Not to mention I can't stand using a controller for an fps. Oh I get it I should go invest in the Xcom or wtfever that thing is called for the kb/mouse support on the consoles. Ya ....umm not happening.

I still find the game to be just as entertaining as it was on release day after 16,400 kills and 93hrs later (1 kill every 20 seconds :))

I don't get bored at all with the game and all I do is ground pound and play the objective FTW. Not sure why people get so bored with this game, I'm constantly at work looking forward to coming home and playing this game. I'm always trying to see if I can do better then the day before. Personally I think this is game has alot going for it, the smarter and more tactical you play the better you do. This is what keeps me coming back to it day after day.

I never have to wait to find a populated server, I just wait in line... MAJOR KEY to getting into a server is to create an extensive friends list of people who are regulars in game. Every time I play the game I recognize at least 5+ names in the server as we are all regulars, it's fun playing with/against the same people over and over. It's just like in BF4 joining your favorite server with regulars in it.

I'm running at a solid 120fps using a custom sweetFX config and the game looks incredible.
https://youtu.be/FC2CW4RPALI?t=37s

I do admit though, I recently just built a new rig just for this game so that's part of why I play so much, having incredible sound and awesome graphics keeps me coming back for more...

dRtE2Jj.jpg

Vplfdan.jpg

Rw2ickD.jpg

ADD ME:
rtT2HRn.jpg

Last edited:
Only 2.87 kdr? Mine was 4 or 5 in the beta. Not that I bought this TDM gloryholer.

You are still better infy than me though shizl. ;)

Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass includes Death Star map

There's a Death Star map coming to Star Wars Battlefront!...and Jabba the Hutt's palace and the Cloud City of Bespin...they belong to the quartet of paid content drops covered in the Season Pass...we now know the names of those drops, a bit about what's in them, and roughly when they're arriving, courtesy of EA:

◾Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.

◾Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.

◾Death Star (Autumn 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

◾Expansion Pack 4 Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead

Speaking of Turning Point, we are also excited to make this popular mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.

Finally.

They've pretty much nerfed everything fun in upcoming patch. Now we'll see what else there is to bitch about. I like the private servers idea. But there needs to be more to this patch. No new heroes, not even one additional map? Sure they've added survival on all maps but still....

Atleast this patch will be welcomed by me... No fix on the godlike xwing though.

they are also getting a big nerf bat tomorrow - bow caster, homo shot, explosive shot, bounty hunter spec, boba fett,,all of it gets nerfed

Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass includes Death Star map

There's a Death Star map coming to Star Wars Battlefront!...and Jabba the Hutt's palace and the Cloud City of Bespin...they belong to the quartet of paid content drops covered in the Season Pass...we now know the names of those drops, a bit about what's in them, and roughly when they're arriving, courtesy of EA:

◾Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.

◾Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.

◾Death Star (Autumn 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

◾Expansion Pack 4 Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead

I like the free maps and game modes that are coming as listed in the article..

They've pretty much nerfed everything fun in upcoming patch...

they are also getting a big nerf bat tomorrow...

Star Wars Battlefront's most recent update nerfed two key weapons in a big way...the DL-44, the best weapon in the game, is a lot less aggressive now...its fire rate has gone down to 180 from 250...the overheating for the DL-44 has also been "tweaked."

The homing shot, a Star Card perk that unlocks at rank 11 and has raised a lot of anger, also took it in the shorts...lock-on time has now tripled to 1.5 seconds, up from the ridiculous 0.4...the lock-on distance has gone down by 10 meters and the projectile speed has been reduced, too...Heroes and special vehicles have also taken a hit...

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...on/25232/star-wars-battlefront-the-road-ahead

New patch is actually pretty nice. Seems pretty balanced now, I'm back to using the DLT19 w/ Explosive. Seems to be the best setup since the SE14 and EE3 are nerfed now.

Also since bowcaster is super nerfed the pulse cannon is where it's at. I used it last night, was very fun.

Yeah and add cycler to pulse and you an have effective short range and long range combo. They buffed cycler to be one shot kill within 10m so an effective shot gun type weapon now.

Any sales on this yet? I kind of want it but am not paying more than 50% of launch price.

Also player count seems to be peaking at 6,000ish on PC? Pathetic. Less than BF3: There are more people playing Battlefield 3 than Battlefront on PC

Not having a server browser is killing it on PC. I can't tell which game type is popular. I tried both walker assault and turning point... I let it sit for a while then it made a game with just me in it. :/

I get games like this to run a quick 20 minute match here and there.... Kids love the training missions though.

Last edited:
Not having a server browser is killing it on PC. I can't tell which game type is popular. I tried both walker assault and turning point... I let it sit for a while then it made a game with just me in it. :/

I get games like this to run a quick 20 minute match here and there.... Kids love the training missions though.

Yeah geez. I just checked out the stats, seems like people are only playing this game on PS4. 3k people playing on PC....that's just sad. Really was planning on waiting a bit and jumping on this game but they need to do something to bring players in BAD.

I am curious how the expansion is progressing, I will keep my eye on this for any player input.

Back