Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

Wait...can you play as the fucking Emperor? That doesn't even make sense...like he'd be running around on the ground with troops.

he's one of the new Hero characters...it doesn't make sense in terms of a regular ole Rebel being able to kill the Emperor with a few blaster shots...but the point is only to have a playable Emperor character in the game and not to have it match up with actual Star Wars canon...I got to admit, being able to Force Lightning people will be cool though

The trailer looked awesome to me. Can't wait. This is mindless good times waiting to be had. If you like star wars i don't see how you don't enjoy this game. Not everything has to be zombwtfbbq realistic and sim like. Arcadey good times are cool too.

Wait...can you play as the fucking Emperor? That doesn't even make sense...like he'd be running around on the ground with troops.

It is a power-up, like all other things - X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Luke, Vader, etc.
You find the thing on the ground and use it, then you can control them for a short time.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that Luke has a Green lightsaber on hoth? Like how hard would it be to get a blue saber on that guy on hoth? Makes no sense and it bothers me.

Pre-order canceled, without prejudice. Also, because of this oversight I am also retroactively canceling my pre-orders for Battlefields 3 and 4, respectively.

On the other hand, you can play as Lando's jibberish speaking copilot and fight on his homeworld...really on the fence here.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that Luke has a Green lightsaber on hoth? Like how hard would it be to get a blue saber on that guy on hoth? Makes no sense and it bothers me.

Pre-order canceled, without prejudice. Also, because of this oversight I am also retroactively canceling my pre-orders for Battlefields 3 and 4, respectively.

On the other hand, you can play as Lando's jibberish speaking copilot and fight on his homeworld...really on the fence here.

Well done, sir. Well done

/Thread

lol, awesome.

For those who don't like Battlefront and or Dice shooter games, what current multiplayer shooter would you consider as being: in depth, fun, non linear, etc..?

Planetside 2, l like Dice shooters in general (on the fence with Battlefront) but planetside has much more depth to it due to its rpg elements and huge maps.

Am somewhat disappointed DICE didn't do a Planetside style game with the SW license, but the darkside of the quick buck proved to strong.

A Star Wars themed Planetside 2 game = guaranteed financial suicide.

Video game development is still a business at the end of the day.

I can see this.

But maybe a huge reason Planetside 2 is in financial trouble, is because it's NOT a Star Wars game. Imagine the impact PS2 would have, had it were?
But in reality it's not.

With Battlefront, I know what to expect and I'm not worried about it.

I'm very excited to play all of the maps on Walker Assault.

Endor looks awesome!

Meh, that's like nit picking Braveheart(or what ever movie that is based on historical events), then never watching it because of its historical inaccuracies.
I'll still watch it, because it's still entertainment.

Last edited:

I call it the "DISNEY EFFECT".

At the end of the day, it has to accommodate fucking 8 year olds.

Thus.....random spawn and COD run and gun spawn die x infinity.

:mad:

Thus.....random spawn and COD run and gun spawn die x infinity.

:mad:

If 8 year olds are the only ones who can still enjoy the simple things, then I'll be right there with them, playing alongside them. :)

it cracks me up when i read things like this. how many people, while playing Planetside 2 or whatever game you deem superior, stop and think "man i am the epitome of sophistication. this is the height of mental maturity."

they're all video games man :). have fun and enjoy them for what they are.

Meh, that's like nit picking Braveheart(or what ever movie that is based on historical events), then never watching it because of its historical inaccuracies.
I'll still watch it, because it's still entertainment.

I think the joke flew way over your head there.

Game is make or break when it comes to the thought of getting to play Nien Nunb. Speaking of him, anyone else die laughing when they had to endure this race speaking in the KotoR series? I felt like the voice part took way longer than the text translation.

Nien Nunb is basically the hero of the entire Star Wars saga. If it weren't for Nien Numb telling Lando, in jibberish, that their sensors were being jammed the fleet would not have pulled up in time for Admiral Ackbar to say "ITS A TWAP!". They would have just crashed into the shield and my childhood would have been destroyed.

However, upon careful consideration, because Leia is dressed for Hoth and Luke is not, I am still cancelling my preorder, but will purchase the game the day it is released in protest. I mean Luke looks like he should be jumping over the sarlack pit, not freezing his jedi balls off on Hoth. It ruins the whole game pretty much.

I might forgive them if we can play as Salacious B. Crumb.

It turns out that the Beta was a much older version of the actual game. Expect a ton of changes to the final release.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-changes-beta-revealed-next-week-answered-qa/

"Q.) Considering all the spawn problems, balancing issues and lack of communication between team mates on Hoth that are very apparent now to the general public, were there testing teams that brought all these issues to your attention earlier on?

A.) Of course, we have had teams testing and playing the final game to highlight the potential of these issues. But without going into too much detail, the Beta was a much older build of the game. That being said, all of the items you point out have been touched in some way or another.

Overall the team did try to carry over as much as we could from the close to final build to put into the Beta, but the goal of the beta was to test the technical aspects of the game. Look for the Beta and Feedback update via a Community Update shortly."

EA also has a ton of additional info for us and they'll let us know soon.
More heroes and who those heroes will be, is one of them.
Yes! I wonder how many other heroes there are going to be?
I'm hoping Yoda and Chewy are added to that list of available heroes to play at launch.

Also, it appears you can join a game with up to 7 of your friends pre game.
More details in the questions link below.

Most of our questions are answered by EA here. Definitely worth a look.
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/5809/answers-to-your-questions#latest

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Does not matter what they say. They need to deliver first. Wait and see. I enjoyed dropship. Even though it was a cod play type.

Q: the ATST takes a lot of damage from by enemy player blaster fire will the armour of the ATST be improved so it doesn't take as much damage from ground units blaster fire?

A: We have some cool changes coming to the AT-ST from what you saw int he Beta. Stay tuned for those details

I'm glad they are working on that...the AT-ST should not go down so easily from regular blaster shots

It turns out that the Beta was a much older version of the actual game. Expect a ton of changes to the final release.
This is standard procedure in the industry. I don't know why this is news to anyone.

However, with DICE, you need to take this one step back. :p

-Closed Alphas are nearly unplayable
-Closed Betas play like an early playable Alpha
-Open Betas play like late Alpha's or early Betas
-Release plays like a late Beta for the first 6 months after release.
-Game is decent after 6-9 months of continuous patching with few outstanding issues that take another year to fix.

This has been the trend with every almost every single DICE game released since Battlefield 1942. I own every PC release they've done except for the first BF:Vietnam and have participated in several Alpha and Beta releases since BF2. I'm hoping Battlefront bucks this trend. :D

This is standard procedure in the industry. I don't know why this is news to anyone.

-Game is decent after 6-9 months of continuous patching with few outstanding issues that take another year to fix.

This has been the trend with every almost every single DICE game released since Battlefield 1942. I own every PC release they've done except for the first BF:Vietnam and have participated in several Alpha and Beta releases since BF2. I'm hoping Battlefront bucks this trend. :D

This is a well known trend for Dice, I agree.
My point was to counter any and all "missing" in game UI that should of been in the beta, or atleast some users in this thread felt it should have been.
Such as VOIP, group joining etc....

But you're right, eventually their games are a masterpiece after the final patching is done.

With a name like Star Wars in their lineup now, I can't think of any reason to think that trend will continue onto this release.

As far as DICE betas going, I remember the Bad Company 2 beta being extremely solid, personally.

Either way, I'll be picking this game up. Probably not immediately, but eventually.

There's some merit and pattern to that, but I don't think the reality is that linear. Battlefront's beta was surprisingly bug-free for me - much more so than BF3 or BF4 beta's. The only real bug was not being able to buy more personal shields once in a game; that you'd have to buy them at the main menu for them to stick. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. My 2c.

I heard the same argument about SWTOR. Predictions about its imminent demise proved to have been exaggerated. Secondly I wasn't aware PS2 was doing THAT badly, especially as its a 3 year old game. There are MMOs in far worse condition that are still running.

The most popular IP on the planet and you are telling me it would be a flop? You honestly think people wouldn't want to be able to create their own Stormtrooper battalions or X-Wing/Tie Fighter Squadrons? I am willing to bet you are quite wrong on this.

As Eshelman stated, PS2 problem is that the IP is nowhere near as well known as the SW, Warhammer 40K or even HALO IPs.

I heard the same argument about SWTOR. Predictions about its imminent demise proved to have been exaggerated.

The way SWTOR was originally marketed, as a subscription based MMO with depth on par with WoW, it actually did turn out to be a failure. Only when it went FTP did it reach any sort of sustaining success. So yeah, SWTOR was an initial failure due to people not wanting to pay monthly, even for a Star Wars game.

I really enjoyed SWTOR... as a single player game. I'd get wasted then sit and listen to all the silly quest dialogue and really try to roleplay as a sith inquisitor (in the comfort of my dungeon/computer room). Then I got to the end game raids / PvP and found that it just wasn't a good MMO. Then the F2P stuff hit and it has been dead to me since.

I heard the same argument about SWTOR. Predictions about its imminent demise proved to have been exaggerated. Secondly I wasn't aware PS2 was doing THAT badly, especially as its a 3 year old game. There are MMOs in far worse condition that are still running.

The most popular IP on the planet and you are telling me it would be a flop? You honestly think people wouldn't want to be able to create their own Stormtrooper battalions or X-Wing/Tie Fighter Squadrons? I am willing to bet you are quite wrong on this.

As Eshelman stated, PS2 problem is that the IP is nowhere near as well known as the SW, Warhammer 40K or even HALO IPs.

Don't get me wrong I had a blast playing PS2 for about a month when it was still new, flying a fully loaded Galaxy around with a crew capping bases, trying not to crash it so the voice chat wouldn't erupt with "WTF's!" from the teammates I killed. The scale was really awesome, but at best the game only ever reached niche status. And the 6-12 year old demographic on consoles certainly wouldn't be able to hang with it just because you texture it in a Star Wars theme.

As much as I'd like there to be a little more depth to this game in terms of more elements from games like BF2/3/4 or Arma III or Planetside 2, the maximum ROI is in designing the game exactly the way they have. Not defending or condoning, it's just the reality.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I had a blast playing PS2 for about a month when it was still new, flying a fully loaded Galaxy around with a crew capping bases, trying not to crash it so the voice chat wouldn't erupt with "WTF's!" from the teammates I killed. The scale was really awesome, but at best the game only ever reached niche status. And the 6-12 year old demographic on consoles certainly wouldn't be able to hang with it just because you texture it in a Star Wars theme.

As much as I'd like there to be a little more depth to this game in terms of more elements from games like BF2/3/4 or Arma III or Planetside 2, the maximum ROI is in designing the game exactly the way they have. Not defending or condoning, it's just the reality.

Fully agree with you. Planetside 2 is awesome, I played it for around the same amount of time before moving onto other stuff due to limited time. But the coordination, tactics and practice required to "get it" and the amount of time you have to play to see meaningful change in control on a server is the polar opposite of what people in the new Battlefront want (quick, digestible 30 minute frag sessions).

Ign gave it a 7.2 I think. I don't think EA will make the 13 million in sales lol.

So what kind of article are we going to get? "Easy piracy of other titles blamed for lukewarm Battlefront reception" or "Gamers don't like Star Wars anymore, but women and minorities do" or "Gamers blamed for poor beta test feedback, vital for game's success" or "We never said 13 million, what are you talking about???"

Wow, seems like the review got pulled down lol. I was wondering why there was a review so early. Possibly will be revised rating once the time comes to release the game LOL.

Wow, seems like the review got pulled down lol. I was wondering why there was a review so early. Possibly will be revised rating once the time comes to release the game LOL.

Don't get all excited over a bogus/mistake post. The code isn't final yet, reviewers aren't playing it yet. Relax.

Back