Star Wars Battlefront PC $34.99

nintari

[H]ard|Gawd
I was on the fence with this game, I enjoyed the alpha and the beta.. but didn't know if it would be a worthwhile investment for a primarily online multiplayer game with no single player story mode. Yes you have single player survival mode but...4 maps...

Anyway I said to myself if this falls below $40 I'll strongly consider buying it.

This week GameStop put it at $39.99

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-battlefront/121211

I still was on the fence even though it fell to the price point I wanted...so I tried to search for a coupon and this is what I found:

http://www.kongregate.com/coupon

Basically if you download spellstone for iOS or Android, play the tutorial you click on a button and get a $5 off any in store purchase coupon for GameStop.

Total time it took to get the game and go through the basic tutorial was about 5 minutes, I got the coupon 10 minutes after that via e-mail

I'm sorry if it is frowned upon to get an app to get a coupon but this was the only legit coupon I could find for GameStop that would apply to anything in store (not limited to pre-owned games and etc)

also I'm sorry I had to make you go to GameStop to get this :)

Yes this game is turning into a dog for EA relative to the massive expectations. A classic example of how gameplay will always rule over eye candy.

It'll be $10 with free PlayTime trials on Origin by March like TitanFall, its a dud, watered down map pack of BF3/4 with nice looking SW graphics, that's about it.

Don't buy it. I don't care if it's $10.

This game isn't complete at all.

Wait till the DLCS have come out. Then buy it.

Yes this game is turning into a dog for EA relative to the massive expectations. A classic example of how gameplay will always rule over eye candy.

I think it's doing well on consoles...PC user base is dwindling though

Coupon definitely taking longer than described (for me anyway). Nevertheless, I think the $5.00 coupon off anything is a great deal...assuming it really is anything in Gamestop. There are things I want that cost the same as they do on Amazon and 5 bucks could be 20-25% off.

So thanks OP

yeah I typically hate dealing with GameStop for the most part, but the $5 off pushed me over.

I will say this.... for those starting out in battlefront.... be prepared to get your @$$ handed to you for a while until you rank up lol. Once I finally did and started getting some different weapons and cards things started to go a little better but I'm still consistently getting sniped across maps lol. This is coming form someone who has played battlefield 4 for over a year and a half now and just now have been averaging a 2-3+ KDR lately (unless I am just on to troll or have fun)

It'll be $10 with free PlayTime trials on Origin by March like TitanFall, its a dud, watered down map pack of BF3/4 with nice looking SW graphics, that's about it.

It's nothing like Battlefield. But nice try. That's actually one of the complaints about the game. It's not like Battlefield.

Im in around $20 and all the DLC. It's a casual game period. There is no depth, it's mindless running and gunning and nothing more. It should have just been a console game from the start.

I really wanted to get the game and would ahve paid full paid full price... BUT no single player campaign :(

I really want the Deluxe version of the PC game. Seems like you can only get that version straight from Origin?

I'll just use my 5 bucks to save on a Xbox Controller Wireless adapter (20% off :D)

I really enjoyed the game, but that only lasted about twenty hours, after that I found didn't want to play and wad only playing to grind for better gear and I haven't played since.

I don't regret buying it, and think I got my money's worth, but that's only because I get it from cdkeys for $40, and no I won't be bothering the season pass dlc.

It's sad add the game has so much potential, also I think that because the content is so limited that the open beta actually hurt players impressions because for many the game wad getting stale by the end of the beta.

God I want to buy this so bad because ... star wars.

But all of my star wars nerd friends tell me not to buy it.

Yeah it's a very "meh" game. I mostly bought it so I could nerd out over all the star wars locations and vehicles and sounds with pretty graphics.

It's nothing like Battlefield. But nice try. That's actually one of the complaints about the game. It's not like Battlefield.

You are right it's not like battlefield -- it's like battlefield and titanfall had a drunken hookup, but then got stripped down of all its content only to be readded later as DLC.

I give credit where credit is due, the game looks and sounds amazing, too bad there's so very little content.

Yeah its a watered down, inferior version of Battlefield with Star Wars skin, no kits, no multi-weapon loadouts, no true attachments, no ammo, just cards and cooldowns.

Surprised to say I'm not even remotely tempted. I have most of the star wars dialog memorized. I'm totally the target audience but I'm also a competitive fps player and this manages to fail at both.

Extremely shallow multiplayer Nothing for me a competitor and no casual campaign for me to relax in.

Don't buy this game. It is unfinished - and by purchasing it you are supporting EA's business model of withholding content that should have been in the original game and they will sell to you at a later date

And it's really mediocre - forgettable even

As a pc gamer nearly from the beginning (started playing pc games on a Tandy 1000). I'm having a lot of fun with Battlefront. It doesn't have to be Battlefield 6 or COD 19 to be fun. IMO. Frankly I'm tired of those games. Yes, EA sucks, and DLC sucks, but frankly there's enough content in the launch version that its still really enjoyable to play. I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore, have a wife and family, but I enjoy play an hour or two here or there when I can. Three monitor eyefinity tie and x wing fights? Yes, please! My biggest disappointment is that they didn't yet get Dolby Atmos working (as promised/marketed) for my home theater setup and some gaming on the couch.

As a pc gamer nearly from the beginning (started playing pc games on a Tandy 1000). I'm having a lot of fun with Battlefront. It doesn't have to be Battlefield 6 or COD 19 to be fun. IMO. Frankly I'm tired of those games. Yes, EA sucks, and DLC sucks, but frankly there's enough content in the launch version that its still really enjoyable to play. I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore, have a wife and family, but I enjoy play an hour or two here or there when I can. Three monitor eyefinity tie and x wing fights? Yes, please! My biggest disappointment is that they didn't yet get Dolby Atmos working (as promised/marketed) for my home theater setup and some gaming on the couch.

i believe Atmos was implemented in the last patch. and i agree it's a fun game.

Tried it. Returned it.

Used the EA Origin 'Great Game Guarantee'. Not a terrible game, but just feels very incomplete even at this price --- will wait for the Premium Edition with full DLC.

For $30-40 dollars on sale, why not? Looks like a good value with a lot of great content to come.

You can now buy the download code for $39.99 on their site. Better than going to the store just to buy an empty box that contains the download code.

Given all the stellar reviews on this thread :p, I bit. I just need something to play!

only like 1 hour into this game and doing single player stuff. Its pretty fun, and looks great! Haven't touched the online portion just yet as I have shitty internet. Seems like not a lot of maps but I assume that will change in time

EA/Origin now has the same deal and the Deluxe version is 46.66....of course right after I bought the Gamestop deal.

I would not buy it for 10 dollars...I got suckered into getting the prelease..60 70 bucks I think?
Game is full of rampant cheating/hax.etc..just tonight I watched as me and another player ran and were ping pong shot from an unseen player ( targets me as I get closer than other player than me..) it is so obvious. I have seen players with 93 kills 3 deaths in a 10 minute match....I mean you would have to kill another player every 5 seconds or so...and this is in a 20v20 walker assault....

Game is awful. Bought and played it 3 nights after release and haven't loaded it up since.

I havnt played since launch so I loaded it up testerday, what the hell happened to the online portion of the game??? Servers were empty or could not find games, after 10 minutes I get into one and its laggy, rubber banding and freezes for a second. Wish I could get my money back.

I preordered this game at full price.

Then I realized no single player and cancelled my order. Will wait for it to be on EA Acess

Played it a little bit to test my gtx580 lightning and was getting 80-90 frames on average. The game looks surprisingly good even at "low" settings.

Getting killed from a mile away with no kill cam sure does suck.

Back