Star Wars Battlefront III Footage

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember how Star Wars Battlefront III was essentially finished but then Lucas Arts killed the project at the last minute? Here almost an hour of footage from an alpha build of the game. Really makes you wonder "what if?"

Damn dude this came out and was all over like months ago.

Check your PM's more frequently ;)

Also watched it once and never again...Battlefront 2 is one of my favorite games that I still play to this day...the thought of a third never coming still makes me extremely depressed.

We just revived SWBF2 at my house about three weeks ago; even bought an additional copy for something like $10 on Steam. It's a great game (aside from some level loading bug that forces me to quit and restart) and my kids keep asking about SWBF3. I keep telling them, "No, it ain't gonna happen" but then footage like this pops up... Ugh. "If only... " indeed!

Damn dude this came out and was all over like months ago. Check your PM's more frequently ;)

This video came out yesterday, how'd you watch it months ago?

(We've covered SWBFIII many times since the game was originally cancelled, with new SW based games coming out, there is always renewed interest in this game and the fact it was killed so close to being finished.)

this one says it was posted on the 20th of June:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGN_sIWgc-k

This one in April
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Agl81F-Q4Y
http://ptoponline.com/?p=47

And there are some "alleged vids" from 2009.

either way, it looks like hit-box detection is so crappy...you'd be lucky to hit the side of a barn.
kinda sad that it got canned though; same with Stargate.

this one says it was posted on the 20th of June:

And there are some "alleged vids" from 2009.

either way, it looks like hit-box detection is so crappy...you'd be lucky to hit the side of a barn.
kinda sad that it got canned though; same with Stargate.

Yeah, this one was good for a slow news day (day after 4th of July) because it was almost an hour long.

+1 on this hit box / detection

+1 on cancellation of this and Stargate

I guess that people who aren't in the industry can't see it, but this game was far from "essentially finished". From the placeholder graphics to the missing animations, skins, and quite a bit more, I'd guess that this is pre-alpha. Alpha at best.

Better graphics (not in the alpha, but eventually) but nothing more, and it's a bloody console version...so we know that PC gamers are going to get something not quite as well polished up as we would like, until I see an awesome X-Wing, or Jedi Knight/Dark Forces game arise from the ashes, the SW game franchise is dead to me.

Better graphics (not in the alpha, but eventually) but nothing more, and it's a bloody console version...so we know that PC gamers are going to get something not quite as well polished up as we would like, until I see an awesome X-Wing, or Jedi Knight/Dark Forces game arise from the ashes, the SW game franchise is dead to me.

False.

Both Battlefront 1 and 2 we're EXCELLENT PC ports (if console ports at all)...I know BF2 had 64 player maps, WAY better PC exclusive graphics, and rock solid performance.

Meh. I don't see anything there I'd really want to play through.

For 'gosh I wish they'd actually have done this' Star Wars shooters, I'd take a Republic Commando 2 over what we've got here, any day.

Even if it were made with lacking graphics, I would still enjoy the game itself.

Needs more motion blur and less frames per second.

Also completely get rid of the Y axis movement, it's still moving slightly up and down which is distracting. :D

False.

Both Battlefront 1 and 2 we're EXCELLENT PC ports (if console ports at all)...I know BF2 had 64 player maps, WAY better PC exclusive graphics, and rock solid performance.

Really? I remember thinking Battlefront 1 was pretty underwhelming when it came out (compared to Battlefield 1942).

That just means that the Stormtroopers actually have the same aiming capabilities as they do in the movies.

Ahh battlefront

Everyone and their mother was super excited about it when it was released...a week later no body wanted to play it. Only time i ever played a decent game of it was at a lan party.

Back