Star Wars Battlefront: Death Star Gameplay Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
So I finally picked up the base game for $15 thanks to the awesome 50% off Origin sale (still ongoing), and while I wish the staple Star Wars stuff like the Death Star battle wasn’t DLC, I think DICE did a great job at bringing the universe to life—although they did manage to make Chewie look pretty horrible.

Hows the population for the game ? i haven't bought it yet but i`m not sure theres a point with BF1 coming so soon and probablt will eat more of the population.

Hows the population for the game ? i haven't bought it yet but i`m not sure theres a point with BF1 coming so soon and probablt will eat more of the population.
Its horrible any more. Peformance issues in Heroes vs. Villians maps. Only thing I play any more is Squadron/flying. Battlefront Stats I am old school Battlefront, and they just changed too much for me to get into it. Also, the new Chewie model looks like a fucking hair ball. :mad:

Its horrible any more. Peformance issues in Heroes vs. Villians maps. Only thing I play any more is Squadron/flying. Battlefront Stats I am old school Battlefront, and they just changed too much for me to get into it. Also, the new Chewie model looks like a fucking hair ball. :mad:

The game looks amazing. The gameplay is a little shallow. However, given what they've accomplished with the EA unified engine overhaul, I forgave them and tossed them my money for the console version. I never in my life thought when I saw the preview footage that the game was going to look like that or just live at 30-50 FPS. Instead, it's an incredibly smooth experience that wows me every time. I think future releases will be better since they won't be doing such heavy engine work. Well, I hope at least.

Wow for $15 I think I'll try it out. How much is the Deathstar DLC? I couldn't find it on Origin.

Use code ORIGIN50 for 50% off. I got the season pass today.
Origin
Looks like if you're going to get a season pass, it's cheaper to just buy the ultimate edition ($40.00 after discount), which includes the pass and some weapons, that I guess cost money otherwise. If you think you'll play the other games in their vault then adding Origin Access for a month only costs a buck (after accounting for the extra 10% off the ultimate edition of the game).

So any of you playing this yet? What's the verdict? I think the 50% off lasts till (through?) the 22nd.

This reviewer seems to like it. Pretty heavy accent (Scottish?), but I could make out most of it.

Back