Star Wars Battlefront - Closed Alpha

BroHamBone

[H]ard|Gawd
Just received my email a few minutes back.

Closed alpha sign ups going on now.

Specs pulled from email:

CPU: Quad Core CPU e.g. Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.8 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
• RAM: 6 GB
• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit operating system required)
• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 with 2 GB of Video Memory

"
Join the Closed Alpha – Only on Origin for PC

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ will immerse you in an incredibly authentic, action-packed experience that will let you live at your Star Wars™ battle fantasies.

Apply for your chance to join the Closed Alpha and help us prepare for the release of Star Wars Battlefront starting on November 17, 2015 in North America. Available for Origin on PC only, the purpose of the Star Wars Battlefront Closed Alpha is to perform a number of technical tests that will help the team at DICE as they continue the development of the game.

Application for the Star Wars Battlefront Closed Alpha ends on Tuesday, June 30 at 1:59AM CET. After this date you will no longer be able to apply."

Last edited:
What's the requirement for this? You have to sign up for their newsletter or something in order to get an invite?

What's the requirement for this? You have to sign up for their newsletter or something in order to get an invite?

Dont know really. I downloaded the bf4 CTE a while back that provides early access to bf4 dlcs, it may or may not had play in the matter. It just "proves" i test DLC.

Click my link and see if you are eligible.

Last edited:
didnt work for me either, i wonder what the reqs are to get accepted, or if they just had a # and its already filled

They probably want people who have a history of being active in the community. In an alpha test you're going to want a lot of feedback.

Holy heck I got in. At least I'm pretty sure, I got a order confirmation in my email along with a pre-load date.

They probably want people who have a history of being active in the community. In an alpha test you're going to want a lot of feedback.

Pretty sure I got in because I've put many hours into Hardline Alpha, BF4 Alpha, And a couple of others that I'm sure I forgot. I don't typically give feedback, I think they're looking for a really wide range of PC specs so they can see the user experience on tons of different configurations.

I was able to get in. Pre-load on July 1st and available on July 2nd. Maybe the 610 hours I have played on BF4 helped me get in.

I was able to get in. Pre-load on July 1st and available on July 2nd. Maybe the 610 hours I have played on BF4 helped me get in.

Well shit if that's the case then I am a shoe in for sure. I have over 800 hours in BF4. ;):p

Thanks OP! I got in!
(I have BF4 but haven't played since last October or so.)

Pretty sure I got in because I've put many hours into Hardline Alpha, BF4 Alpha, And a couple of others that I'm sure I forgot. I don't typically give feedback, I think they're looking for a really wide range of PC specs so they can see the user experience on tons of different configurations.

Yea, i was part of BF3/BF4 Alpha/Beta, both BF Hardline Beta's as well as downloading the Community Test Environment for BF4(CTE).

:/ wth. I got into the BF3 alpha and beta, played a ton of time and provided feedback. Never got another invite.

You mean they don't want a bunch of "lol its so buggy this is why u dont preorder people #FAILDICE" bros flooding Reddit like this is a demo?

Guys IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can Start playing on July 2nd, Pre-load is on July 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in this also..kinda suprised..I dont really play Battlefield much anymore..but whateves.

Im in this also..kinda suprised..I dont really play Battlefield much anymore..but whateves.

Definitely be surprised, out of all my friends, I'm the only one to receive one. I don't know how it's chosen, but I'm happy that I got mine. Kinda upset all my friends didnt.

i got in as well:D....course i was in closed bf4 alpha and beta previously so maybe that helped

Having alpha/beta tested BF2, 2142, Heroes, BC2, BF3 and BF4, I really do not understand the point of these public tests other than a poor attempt at hype. DICE barely takes notice of the feedback, their games are invariably bugged at release and they always underestimate server demand.

worked for me.

tho i have been in pretty much every alpha/beta they put out so that might have been in my favor, and EA likes to throw free games at me on Origin.

4Obc4Ms.jpg

Last edited:
If i recall correctly they dice tends to optimize for newest operating systems over older ones as well. I wonder what percentage of us are already using recent 10 builds

I think everyone who ever played BF3/4 was part of the beta environment. ;)

Keep in mind the closed alpha is a little bit smaller group of people

If i recall correctly they dice tends to optimize for newest operating systems over older ones as well. I wonder what percentage of us are already using recent 10 builds
Keep in mind the closed alpha is a little bit smaller group of people

Win 7 pro 64bit

Slotted for win10 though

Last edited:
so far, no one i play with on a regular basis has gotten in, only me.

Can't be. My buddy got the email, never went to the sign up page, has never owned a battlefield game in his life, and does fuck all on EA forums. I believe he only owns one need for speed game and crysis 3, neither of which he plays often.

My guess is it is certain hardware configs. He has an AMD FX8350 and an Nvidia Gtx 770. I run an Intel setup. My guess is with the initial issues with BF4 with Intel hyperthreading and some AMD FX chips on win7, they want to test certain setups.

Well, just got another email...just explaing how i will be informed in the next,couple days about preloads etc. But also notes, "this is only registration, no gaurantee of access".
"REGISTRATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCESS TO THE CLOSED ALPHA. REGISTRATION ENDS JUNE 30, 2015 at 1:59AM"

I applied and didn't get in...Origin sucks :D ...maybe because I only have 5 games on Origin and haven't played them in a long time (all 3 Crysis games and Mass Effect 3)

Well, just got another email...just explaing how i will be informed in the next,couple days about preloads etc. But also notes, "this is only registration, no gaurantee of access".
"REGISTRATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCESS TO THE CLOSED ALPHA. REGISTRATION ENDS JUNE 30, 2015 at 1:59AM"

i believe if you got the email during registration that added the alpha to your game library you have access, and are beyond the registration phase.

I applied and didn't get in...Origin sucks :D ...maybe because I only have 5 games on Origin and haven't played them in a long time (all 3 Crysis games and Mass Effect 3)

when did you go through application process? maybe too many people from the random selection process applied before you and used up all the slots.

when did you go through application process? maybe too many people from the random selection process applied before you and used up all the slots.

I tried yesterday after seeing this thread...tried a few times today as well...I would like to play the Alpha but oh well...I'm sure they'll be an open beta

I tried yesterday after seeing this thread...tried a few times today as well...I would like to play the Alpha but oh well...I'm sure they'll be an open beta

Im assuming that your checking origin? Cause i don't recall getting any kind of email or anything as it just gets added to your games. Personally i cant wait to try it out, as its got to be at least as good or better than the bf4 alpha, and it wasn't half bad

Capture_zpskgbk6kpy.png

Im gonna buy a PS4 just for this game. Take a day off with my boy. Get a table and fill it with wings, subs and beer. Sit in front of a 50 inch LCD and just enjoy. That's how Damn geeked I am for this game and I hate gaming on consoles. Im a keyboard/mouse knda guy.

Back