Star Wars: Battlefront Beta Exposes The Game’s Biggest Flaw

meh don't know why people complain that much...

DICE has horrible campaigns, they are known for online PvP. Why would you want them to waste time on a campaign that you most likely would play once.

Iunno, the Bad Company games had genuinely fun campaigns. Well written. And Mirrors Edge was also a fun romp.

Wait, what? There is going to be no campaign? The battlefront series is one of the few games where I actually complete the campaign as I usually don't enjoy single player games. This makes me really disappointed, I was looking forward to this game. :(

If I recall, the "campaign" in Battlefront 2 was just MP maps/modes strung together. The series was always MP focused, so why are people expecting a good SP? If this was Mass Effect or Deus Ex I'd understand, but this is essentially Battlefield set in the Star Wars universe.

Its biggest flaw is its fucking shite, the depth of a puddle, the hero gimmick is utterly retarded. Suffers from the standard dice issues of you pounding away on an opponent, then he hits you once and you die, oh and can;t forget spawning into random deaths because the enemies are all around your spawn point....

Graphically and in audio terms it does a good job but its a good showcase of graphics don't make a game. More of a headless chicken simulator from what I've seen so far. I'm sure it'll sell by the bucket-load because of the movie coming out about a month after this launches but it just seems to be a game catered to the lowest common denominator.

Yea I didn't like the hero stuff either. Seemed way too cheap and I didn't like how strong they were(blocking shots is one thing but shooting them in the back should take them down). I'd rather if anything it be something kinda hard to get after a high kill streak or something.

The spawn killing was really bad on the walker battle map.

My biggest concern is that this was more of a demo than a beta. I'm wondering how much they will manage to fix before its release. On the xbox I had where it would just randomly lock up for a few seconds, joining parties was really broken, and things like the spawns was really messed up(which would be the same on all versions). I also had some weird problems with either the netcode in the game or the hit detection. Either way I had a lot of instances where I'd get in a fight with someone and loose when I should have clearly won(and my brother was over and agreed so it isn't just me sucking). Other things like the sniper rifle only giving you one shot and long respawns on things just got me. I also hated how when you respawn the cards/power ups were not just ready again. I'm not even going to get into the flying of the ships as it really sucked.

In the end I didn't hate the game but wasn't that impressed with it. Still it looks like I'll end up buying it because my friends overall liked it. I'll buy it to game with them.

I had no issues at all with it on PS4. Joining servers was nearly instant and I never once experienced any form of noticeable lag.... Which was crazy but great. No issues with hit detection, and to be honest I was wrecking fools. Pulled off some 30-40+ kill counts during several rounds on hoth. Didn't get to try out the hero thing myself. Graphics and sound were great.

I really liked it. Spawning was a little chaotic on hoth, which I felt just added to the fun to be honest and kept the game fast paced. Map design wasn't amazing but it wasn't horrible. I would hope the other maps are a little more creative in design. Also I would like more weapons as well.

I liked it and I think I'll be picking it up for PS4 most likely, I may install a copy on my PC and see how it runs. If I feel like it will run better on my system I may get it for PC instead. We'll see.

I liked the beta a lot, it was a lot of fun IMO, but there are a few concerns.
While there seems to be a lot of missions and modes that are grayed out for Beta reasons, I do wonder how much content there really is. I also wonder how many weapon options and tech there will be...

If you play the survival mode there seems to be more options like lock on weapons against walkers and etc, but for all we know those weapons arent available in MP.
I hope they will have a change of heart on having 64 player battles on PC, and I hope they wont have Premium because that shit is getting old now.

Saturday morning I saw people getting banned after every game. By Sunday afternoon the aimbots and hacks were back and avoiding detection. Don't think I saw anyone banned all afternoon but the aimhacks were there.

I'm pretty much done with multiplayer online games until game companies get a handle on cheaters. It's getting as bad as computer viruses. Commercial companies writing hacks and updating them faster than the game companies can react.

:(

I liked it day 1, but here we are day 3 and there are already aimbots and hacks out for it...unbelievable.

Day 1 was fun, everyone was pretty new at it, even the first part of day 2. Learning the different things, flying, AT-ST, etc. However I logged on for an hour today with my daughter and it wasn't that fun after being repeatedly blasted by aimbots killing you from across the map. Spawn, die in 10 -20 seconds, rinse and repeat. Get blown out of the sky in 15 seconds while in a Tie Fighter or X wing.....fun time over.

This alone may be a reason not to buy it: If EA/Origin can't get a handle on that aspect there is going to be zero reason to get it. Too bad, love the premise and game while it lasted.

If you're going to focus on Multiplayer only then you need to get it right. You have to be able to play with your buddies..etc. They need to fix that asap.

Saturday morning I saw people getting banned after every game. By Sunday afternoon the aimbots and hacks were back and avoiding detection. Don't think I saw anyone banned all afternoon but the aimhacks were there.

I'm pretty much done with multiplayer online games until game companies get a handle on cheaters. It's getting as bad as computer viruses. Commercial companies writing hacks and updating them faster than the game companies can react.

:(

Honestly, this is partially why I've transitioned over to the console using a XIM for FPS games. Granted, it's not perfect, but most FPS games now don't have a server list (nor active admins if they do), and I'm not exactly a big fan of the BattleLog browser.

Well it would be interesting to try out if one could get past the black login screen (or if you manage to get to the next screen have it accept any input).

Kind of feels like Alpha level bugs that should have been worked out long before pushing out the Beta test.

I played some more last night and this morning. I still feel as if the game is an empty shell of the second game. Really how hard is it to take one thing, re-skin it in modern graphics and sell it for a hefty profit? No lets give people shit they didnt ask for because people dont know what they want. I also realize plenty of people will buy this garbage but I will not be one of them.

I like how the article states a game without single player shouldn't cost anything. I will say that it has less of a life span that is for sure. But there is nothing wrong with charging for a none offline single player mode.

If I recall, the "campaign" in Battlefront 2 was just MP maps/modes strung together. The series was always MP focused, so why are people expecting a good SP? If this was Mass Effect or Deus Ex I'd understand, but this is essentially Battlefield set in the Star Wars universe.

Honestly I didn't realize people played battlefront for the multiplayer. I always thought the MP was an afterthought. It's a shame too, because I'm incredibly picky about single-player games and have only completed a handful of titles because I just get bored. The Battlefront series has been one that I do actually complete.

Back