Star Wars Battlefront 3 E3 2015 Trailer

Don't worry....It being EA, they'll find a way to fuck it up and release it unfinished.

Kind of how they did with the previous two incarnations of this franchise.

Not buying EA again if I can help it.

FUCK EA.

I'm excited for it but it'll be fucked up for a few months. No such thing as a BF game not being released in a broken state. SF:BF will be the same.

I will of course enjoy watching all those people who swore off DICE games after BF4 preorder SF:BF and then act surprised when the same shit happens again. That'll be amusing.

I'm excited for it but it'll be fucked up for a few months. No such thing as a BF game not being released in a broken state. SF:BF will be the same.

I will of course enjoy watching all those people who swore off DICE games after BF4 preorder SF:BF and then act surprised when the same shit happens again. That'll be amusing.

nope, 4 was what did it for me...Never again.

Torn torn torn, I hate Ea and that they get away with releasing crappy unfinished games. Where is the accountability? That being said I so want this to be good, I did not buy into the last several Ea games but will be keeping an eye on this.

Honestly I just want to fly around in the fighters and jump out once in a while and light sabre stuff up.

My giant erection has just informed me I will be pre-ordering this one, EA/Dice day 1 bugs and all. Now the question is... PC, PS4, or both?

Man I hope someone, anyone... learned something from the botched BF4 launch.

Oh they learned something alright. They learned they can release an unfinished turd and people will still line up to buy it.

I hope thats not the case here but their track record as of late is terrible.

Just saw the trailer...was indifferent about it (basically a Star Wars themed Battlefield game was all I interpreted from it) until the very end, where on the Battle of Hoth (as it is the exact same battle that took place in The Empire Strikes Back) Luke Skywalker shows up, with full Jedi regalia, green lightsaber and full Jedi powers to face Vader. The Hell he does! Luke on Hoth does not have Jedi powers, does not have a green lightsaber or full Jedi powers. Luke doesn't get any of that until his meeting with Vader on Endor in Return of the Jedi where he finally listens to Yoda and Obi-Wan and "faces Vader again".

What is Luke doing on Hoth by the way you ask? He's piloting a rebel fighter with Dak trying to take out an AT-AT. He gets shot down, takes a AT-AT with him via blue lightsaber and thermal detonator and then leaves with R2-D2 in his X-Wing to finish his training with Yoda on Dagobah.

The fact that EA/DICE would be so extremely disrespectful, reckless, careless and non-chalant about changing the history of the timeline of the characters of the saga just to make a video game...I cannot, will not, do not and must not hold to that as a Star Wars fan. I'm calling EA now...to get my money back. Everybody who believed EA/DICE was gonna botch this title well...with what I just said you now concrete evidence proving they just did if you respect the history and canon of the films as I do. Out!

:rolleyes:

This is perfect. I haven't played BF since BF3. After hundreds and hundreds of hours, I was never interested enough to return and do it again. But this is magical. Childhood dreams being lived, here.

All that being said, using John William's score in a trailer is cheating.

You lucky bastard, I mean my wife never has an issue with my buying/building a new rig when I need one, or with any games I buy, but try as I might I haven't been able to get her into any games...... well except for King's Quest ages and ages ago.

If she liked KQ, she'd probably love the Deponia series.

I know it's ridiculous but I let the little details bother me. Doesn't help that I read all the books when I was a kid. Star destroyers can't enter enter the atmosphere and it pisses me off every time I see them floating in the sky in a game.

Other than that it looks like a ton of fun.

Don't worry, they've declared all those books non-canon.

I too was/am a huge BF fan but have been ultimately playing it less with each interation(mainly due to the lack of mods), the game+DLC only model is just kinda boring after a while. While I had lot of the same problems everyone else did with BF4, I didn't see it as completely game breaking (at least for me)... had occasional crashes and dealing with the hit detection was frustrating but at least everyone was on the same footing.

I played BF2 for a lot longer, part of that could be that I was younger but a large part was I was able to play in a community and mod support meant we could tweak the game the way we liked and build custom maps to keep things fresh. BF3/4 we were subject to the whims of the devs and balancing for pub play rather than organized play. It just wasn't even close the same experience.

That said, that looked AWESOME! Granted the devil is always in the details but BF with a serious SW skin and most importantly game mechanics that make it unique.

Saw the Rodian character, wonder there there will be select-able races that give different stats?

Playable hero chars? Dunno either will be OP or pointless imo but hope they pull it off.

vehicles looks awesome, the ships looked a bit dull but maybe because it was a trailer and console? Wonder if they can do more then the infinite loop dogfighting that was in BF3/4.

man I am pretty sure this will be a day one buy for me... but no season passes I have learned... I gave up on BF4 before the last 2 came out and no interest really in going back.

You lucky bastard, I mean my wife never has an issue with my buying/building a new rig when I need one, or with any games I buy, but try as I might I haven't been able to get her into any games...... well except for King's Quest ages and ages ago.

A new Kings Quest comes out next month. Some videos and trailers are out if you want to check it out yourself.

I also second Deponia series. And add The Book of Unwritten Tales 1&2. Which is more silly take on the fantasy world but good still.

To think what we've seen is PS4 footage too. It looks like PC graphics IMO.

Playable hero chars? Dunno either will be OP or pointless imo but hope they pull it off.

I'm trying to remember what SW: Battlefront 2 did with the hero characters. I want to say they are timed and/or don't respawn. I don't remember them being a problem in that game anyways.

Game looks good but I expect this will be a $120.00 game to get all the maps, like BF3 and BF4 are.

Don't worry....It being EA, they'll find a way to fuck it up and release it unfinished.

Kind of how they did with the previous two incarnations of this franchise.

Not buying EA again if I can help it.

FUCK EA.

It's less stressful to just wait for reviews.

hope DICE brings back 64 vs 64, that map looks huge. But I just don't see it happening, and I REALLY don't understand why.... PC's were handling 128 player servers 10 freaking years ago.

That looks awesome. I don't care if it's not canon or accurate to the movies as far as how battles went. Probably because this is interactive and an 'alternate' way things happened.

Definitely going to buy this. As far as pre-order..... I don't know. My son wants it for his birthday, which is in July... Last year I pre-ordered Shadow of Mordor for him and he loves it still. I'll probably just get him a gift card so he can buy it day 1 if he wants. It's EA. They'll fuck up somehow...

Still, I may need to get 2 copies so I can kick his ass. :D

So how do the guys who get to play Luke and Darth get determined? Random spawn? Point system? Buy in system? Maybe a combination of all the above?

Um..... No... I just saw a Stormtrooper actually hit something, this game is buged already :p

So how do the guys who get to play Luke and Darth get determined? Random spawn? Point system? Buy in system? Maybe a combination of all the above?

DLC, and "Buy your Jedi Master and Jedi Arch Nemesis Coins today, only 14.99"

I want to pre-order. But its EA. I refuse.
Will I buy it? probably. But I refuse to give EA a pre-order. Even admitting I'm going to buy it makes me feel dirty.

It's less stressful to just wait for reviews.

Why?

EA has shown quite blatantly that they can poop out an not-even-early-alpha-quality unfinished turd, and people will buy it. They have ZERO incentive to do anything different.

Reviews? I'd have to wonder what the market rate by these 'review sites' is for shitting out a 5/5, 9/10, etc, etc, etc.

Granted, I know this is satire/parody, but still. VERY relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYEi4PEqF4

Nothing's going to change til the majority vote with their wallets, and say.

FUCK EA.

To think what we've seen is PS4 footage too. It looks like PC graphics IMO.

[H]ard to be a hardware geek around here with all the SW nerds taking control :D
Ya looks good. Not bad for a Mantle styled low level API on a GCN 7850 with 8 small CAT cores. Just shows what can be done when tech restraints are taken off (DX11 die die die!)

The Rebellion is a multicultural shit bed designed, and ultimately controlled by the Empire. So your 3 feet tall with no technical ability?
Maybe they put them in temperature controlled X-Wings with a booster seats?
:D:p:D:p:eek:

Just saw the trailer...was indifferent about it (basically a Star Wars themed Battlefield game was all I interpreted from it) until the very end, where on the Battle of Hoth (as it is the exact same battle that took place in The Empire Strikes Back) Luke Skywalker shows up, with full Jedi regalia, green lightsaber and full Jedi powers to face Vader. The Hell he does! Luke on Hoth does not have Jedi powers, does not have a green lightsaber or full Jedi powers. Luke doesn't get any of that until his meeting with Vader on Endor in Return of the Jedi where he finally listens to Yoda and Obi-Wan and "faces Vader again".

What is Luke doing on Hoth by the way you ask? He's piloting a rebel fighter with Dak trying to take out an AT-AT. He gets shot down, takes a AT-AT with him via blue lightsaber and thermal detonator and then leaves with R2-D2 in his X-Wing to finish his training with Yoda on Dagobah.

The fact that EA/DICE would be so extremely disrespectful, reckless, careless and non-chalant about changing the history of the timeline of the characters of the saga just to make a video game...I cannot, will not, do not and must not hold to that as a Star Wars fan. I'm calling EA now...to get my money back. Everybody who believed EA/DICE was gonna botch this title well...with what I just said you now concrete evidence proving they just did if you respect the history and canon of the films as I do. Out!

Might wanna watch the movies again:
https://youtu.be/OOvJOV0PxHg?t=25

Back