Star Wars Battlefront 3 E3 2015 Trailer

looks amazing...perfectly captures the feeling on being in the Star Wars universe...I can't believe Battlefront, Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) are all coming out during the same week

It better be coming to PC as I have already ordered it (for PC)

If that video is even remotely true gameplay, then this may end up being the first day 1 purchase I've made in years.

If that video is even remotely true gameplay, then this may end up being the first day 1 purchase I've made in years.

Same here. That gameplay was freaking fantastic. Let's just hope they don't screw it up on the PC version. My jaw litterly dropped when the light sabers came out. Wow that was awesome

Looks good but every time they were in an aircraft I kept thinking "please return to the battlefield" over and over while they were flying out ...

I hope it doesn't end up like the Force Unleashed series. Really have high hopes for a good SW game. I miss the Jedi Knight games.

I know it's ridiculous but I let the little details bother me. Doesn't help that I read all the books when I was a kid. Star destroyers can't enter enter the atmosphere and it pisses me off every time I see them floating in the sky in a game.

Other than that it looks like a ton of fun.

Just saw the trailer...was indifferent about it (basically a Star Wars themed Battlefield game was all I interpreted from it) until the very end, where on the Battle of Hoth (as it is the exact same battle that took place in The Empire Strikes Back) Luke Skywalker shows up, with full Jedi regalia, green lightsaber and full Jedi powers to face Vader. The Hell he does! Luke on Hoth does not have Jedi powers, does not have a green lightsaber or full Jedi powers. Luke doesn't get any of that until his meeting with Vader on Endor in Return of the Jedi where he finally listens to Yoda and Obi-Wan and "faces Vader again".

What is Luke doing on Hoth by the way you ask? He's piloting a rebel fighter with Dak trying to take out an AT-AT. He gets shot down, takes a AT-AT with him via blue lightsaber and thermal detonator and then leaves with R2-D2 in his X-Wing to finish his training with Yoda on Dagobah.

The fact that EA/DICE would be so extremely disrespectful, reckless, careless and non-chalant about changing the history of the timeline of the characters of the saga just to make a video game...I cannot, will not, do not and must not hold to that as a Star Wars fan. I'm calling EA now...to get my money back. Everybody who believed EA/DICE was gonna botch this title well...with what I just said you now concrete evidence proving they just did if you respect the history and canon of the films as I do. Out!

Just saw the trailer...was indifferent about it (basically a Star Wars themed Battlefield game was all I interpreted from it) until the very end, where on the Battle of Hoth (as it is the exact same battle that took place in The Empire Strikes Back) Luke Skywalker shows up, with full Jedi regalia, green lightsaber and full Jedi powers to face Vader. The Hell he does! Luke on Hoth does not have Jedi powers, does not have a green lightsaber or full Jedi powers. Luke doesn't get any of that until his meeting with Vader on Endor in Return of the Jedi where he finally listens to Yoda and Obi-Wan and "faces Vader again".

What is Luke doing on Hoth by the way you ask? He's piloting a rebel fighter with Dak trying to take out an AT-AT. He gets shot down, takes a AT-AT with him via blue lightsaber and thermal detonator and then leaves with R2-D2 in his X-Wing to finish his training with Yoda on Dagobah.

The fact that EA/DICE would be so extremely disrespectful, reckless, careless and non-chalant about changing the history of the timeline of the characters of the saga just to make a video game...I cannot, will not, do not and must not hold to that as a Star Wars fan. I'm calling EA now...to get my money back. Everybody who believed EA/DICE was gonna botch this title well...with what I just said you now concrete evidence proving they just did if you respect the history and canon of the films as I do. Out!
Can you rage quit before a game comes out?

... Luke Skywalker shows up, with full Jedi regalia, green lightsaber and full Jedi powers to face Vader. The Hell he does! Luke on Hoth does not have Jedi powers, does not have a green lightsaber or full Jedi powers. Luke doesn't get any of that until his meeting with Vader on Endor in Return of the Jedi where he finally listens to Yoda and Obi-Wan and "faces Vader again".

Lighten up, Francis.

Well, one thing about the jedi is that it will be limited to a few players per round. I see a lot of rage and MINE! issues around it. Gameplay balance is going to be interesting.

The nerd rage is STRONG with this one.

Holy crap! It's a game based on a fantasy movie, not religion.

Very interested!

But..emm.. does this game channel Fury?

Well, one thing about the jedi is that it will be limited to a few players per round. I see a lot of rage and MINE! issues around it. Gameplay balance is going to be interesting.

The nerd rage is STRONG with this one.

I kinda think they might be doing a storyline to the online mp. Like everyone starts out as ground troops, then after X objectives a certain number of vehicles become available, then after X objectives the commanders get to drop in as the force "hero's/villains".

Come on, that wasn't realistic, I mean there wasn't a single 12 year old screaming over the mic calling anyone who kills him a faggot.

Seriously though, I wasn't interested in this title, as after 12+ years or of BF and COD I'm played out, but okay they win, that video is awesome and definitely has my interest.

latest

Ladies (as there has to be a few who frequent these forums) and gentlemen, turns out because of Origin's pre-order policy I cannot get a refund for Battlefront. See, you can only get a refund for a pre-order on Origin if it's within 7 days of said pre-order.

The point I wanted to get across for my ranting in post 1 is simply this: "If you're going to have Star Wars battles from the film in the new Battlefront one can at least try to stay historically accurate with what actually happened and not change things around for whatever purpose one would try to do that for." Let's not kid ourselves here though. The idea EA/DICE had for placing Luke and Vader on Hoth to battle is simply this: the financial bottom line and getting more people interested in making said purchase.

EA/DICE I believe will accomplish this but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There will be fans who are respectful of the canon and history of what happened in the films like me and have the snap reaction of, "What did I just see? Is that Luke as a full fledged Jedi on Hoth? What is going on here?" As for me, I myself have cooled down. Now to decide if (now that I am keeping this preorder) I'm going to now touch this game (touch this game = install and play it) with this bold move. While I could do a coin flip I'd rather do this: just see what EA/DICE comes up with next for this title. They might just surprise and in the end make this something I might really want to play. That is all. Out!

Worst trailer ever!

Ladies (as there has to be a few who frequent these forums) and gentlemen, turns out because of Origin's pre-order policy I cannot get a refund for Battlefront. See, you can only get a refund for a pre-order on Origin if it's within 7 days of said pre-order.

The point I wanted to get across for my ranting in post 1 is simply this: "If you're going to have Star Wars battles from the film in the new Battlefront one can at least try to stay historically accurate with what actually happened and not change things around for whatever purpose one would try to do that for." Let's not kid ourselves here though. The idea EA/DICE had for placing Luke and Vader on Hoth to battle is simply this: the financial bottom line and getting more people interested in making said purchase.

EA/DICE I believe will accomplish this but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There will be fans who are respectful of the canon and history of what happened in the films like me and have the snap reaction of, "What did I just see? Is that Luke as a full fledged Jedi on Hoth? What is going on here?" As for me, I myself have cooled down. Now to decide if (now that I am keeping this preorder) I'm going to now touch this game (touch this game = install and play it) with this bold move. While I could do a coin flip I'd rather do this: just see what EA/DICE comes up with next for this title. They might just surprise and in the end make this something I might really want to play. That is all. Out!

Please tell me you are trolling, I would hate to think someone is so caught up in a fantasy movie that their panties get in a bunch and they want to rage quit because a game doesn't follow exactly what is shown in the movie.

I mean in this trailer I clearly saw SnowTrooper # 6 die, but he supposedly lived through that battle, oh wow is me? I think I'll go commit suicide! :D

Looks good but I'm really looking forward to a reboot of the original X-wing flight sim from 20 years ago.

The point I wanted to get across for my ranting in post 1 is simply this: "If you're going to have Star Wars battles from the film in the new Battlefront one can at least try to stay historically accurate with what actually happened and not change things around for whatever purpose one would try to do that for."

Did you just say "historically accurate" when referring to a work of fiction?

DqIJ5Ex.jpg

You are not KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will build a totally new 3K PC big time. The wife about blew a gasket she is all in!!!!!!!!!!

You are not KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will build a totally new 3K PC big time. The wife about blew a gasket she is all in!!!!!!!!!!

You lucky bastard, I mean my wife never has an issue with my buying/building a new rig when I need one, or with any games I buy, but try as I might I haven't been able to get her into any games...... well except for King's Quest ages and ages ago.

DarkStar_WNY, One would imagine this would be trolling but more it's honest feeling towards what I feel about the Star Wars films and products that come from those films. By being historically accurate I mean this: One doesn't need to micromanage. Nobody really knows the characters names who died on each side of this battle (except for Dak [Luke's partner in his T47 fighter] and the 2 Admirals commanding the AT-ST's that was taken down by Wedge Antilles and Luke whose names even escape my memory). The battle doesn't have to go exactly like the result each time. It's a Battlefield-like MP FPS/TPS, sometimes the Rebels will win and sometimes the Empire will win.

What I mean simply by historically accurate is that Vader was not on Hoth throughout the battle. He was in a star destroyer until the very end of the fight when he showed up and the Millenium Falcon said buh-bye and left. Luke was but...was not a full fledged Jedi Knight like he was in this trailer.

When something that big is changed from the films (Luke's Jedi ways revealed before he became a full fledged Jedi by timeline) it's bound to be noticed by fans who also consider themselves Star Wars historians to a degree (such as I [having a photographic memory helps with that too]) and it'll be something that'll lead to debate (in places like comic book stores and parent's basements amongst other locales) and some initial anger and shock consisting of (in those particular minds), "This isn't what I remember, what reason did this change?" (that was described in my 2nd post to this thread by the way).

Now do I like the change per say? First post read I didn't, 2nd post read a little lighter stance but still not really. But I am reserved at this point to simply say, "I understand what they did and why. Don't really approve of either in this moment but now, I want to see what EA/DICE does next." So with me, the jury's out on this one. Whether I decide to honor my pre-order and play Battlefront? Ask me again in September. That is all. Out!

P.S. to all: my apologies it took me 3 posts to hopefully provide understanding to my rant earlier. My initial anger towards what I saw clouded my mind a little to the point I was trying to make. I only hope after reading this (combined with my last 2 posts) is that you get my meaning to my words in the end.

DarkStar_WNY, One would imagine this would be trolling but more it's honest feeling towards what I feel about the Star Wars films and products that come from those films. By being historically accurate I mean this: One doesn't need to micromanage. Nobody really knows the characters names who died on each side of this battle (except for Dak [Luke's partner in his T47 fighter] and the 2 Admirals commanding the AT-ST's that was taken down by Wedge Antilles and Luke whose names even escape my memory). The battle doesn't have to go exactly like the result each time. It's a Battlefield-like MP FPS/TPS, sometimes the Rebels will win and sometimes the Empire will win.

What I mean simply by historically accurate is that Vader was not on Hoth throughout the battle. He was in a star destroyer until the very end of the fight when he showed up and the Millenium Falcon said buh-bye and left. Luke was but...was not a full fledged Jedi Knight like he was in this trailer.

When something that big is changed from the films (Luke's Jedi ways revealed before he became a full fledged Jedi by timeline) it's bound to be noticed by fans who also consider themselves Star Wars historians to a degree (such as I [having a photographic memory helps with that too]) and it'll be something that'll lead to debate (in places like comic book stores and parent's basements amongst other locales) and some initial anger and shock consisting of (in those particular minds), "This isn't what I remember, what reason did this change?" (that was described in my 2nd post to this thread by the way).

Now do I like the change per say? First post read I didn't, 2nd post read a little lighter stance but still not really. But I am reserved at this point to simply say, "I understand what they did and why. Don't really approve of either in this moment but now, I want to see what EA/DICE does next." So with me, the jury's out on this one. Whether I decide to honor my pre-order and play Battlefront? Ask me again in September. That is all. Out!

P.S. to all: my apologies it took me 3 posts to hopefully provide understanding to my rant earlier. My initial anger towards what I saw clouded my mind a little to the point I was trying to make. I only hope after reading this (combined with my last 2 posts) is that you get my meaning to my words in the end.

I understand what your saying, it's just to me it's like The Walking Dead comic and the Walking Dead series, they are the same, but different and I can enjoy both even if they diverge greatly from each other (same with other comic and the movies they have spawned.) As long as each are enjoyable, I don't see any reason to get upset over something made purely for enjoyment (well actually it's made to separate us from our money, but we buy games for enjoyment sake.)

The game trailer is almost as awesome as the new movie trailer, I got goosebumps.

My giant erection has just informed me I will be pre-ordering this one, EA/Dice day 1 bugs and all. Now the question is... PC, PS4, or both?

Man I hope someone, anyone... learned something from the botched BF4 launch.

Back