Star Wars Battlefront 2 Unlocks Every Hero in Update Overhauling Progression

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
EA detailed a progression revamp last week that would move the game closer to what it should have been at release by removing pay-to-win elements. Surprisingly, the Battlefront team has also decided to unlock each and every hero.

At any rate, those who log into the game after applying the 4 GB update patch will be greeted by a fully stocked collection of heroes and their special vehicles, plus a set of seven crates containing emotes and victory poses and 500 Credits (the in-game currency) thrown in. Players who already have the emote or pose in question will get 1,000 credits.

Still to late. I bet they will still try some bs if there is a BF3. Hopefully they lost the license given Disney is looking for a new developer.

Still to late. I bet they will still try some bs if there is a BF3. Hopefully they lost the license given Disney is looking for a new developer.

Though I whole heartedly agree with you on the timing. I'm actually still shocked that they made this change at all. My guess is, this game has already reached the bargain bin part of its sales cycle and they are desperately trying to revive it for one more full priced go.

Hell a while back it was 50% off, guessing that was too expensive still. :LOL:

Ah, now that the sales are slowing, they can do this to be "good guys." Still not buying it. I doubt I'd enjoy it anyway, since 1977 I've wanted to blow up the Deathstar and feel like I'm really doing it...that would get me to buy an AR device.

This is actually a really good, fun game. Been playing it quite a bit the last couple weeks.

They've fixed the whole crate fiasco, nothing but cosmetics in those now. All the hero's are unlocked now, and all progression is from leveling.

If you like star wars, this is one of the most fun games since Jedi Knight. Plus, the space battles are fun too.. It's like Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, X-Wing, and Tie-Fighter (4 of the best older star wars games) all in one! Hero's vs Villains just tried today, and played for several hours.

This is actually a really good, fun game. Been playing it quite a bit the last couple weeks.

They've fixed the whole crate fiasco, nothing but cosmetics in those now. All the hero's are unlocked now, and all progression is from leveling.

If you like star wars, this is one of the most fun games since Jedi Knight. Plus, the space battles are fun too.. It's like Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, X-Wing, and Tie-Fighter (4 of the best older star wars games) all in one! Hero's vs Villains just tried today, and played for several hours.

Might give it a go when it goes on sale. Other than that, I'll wait for the next BF game to come out. Doesn't seem to be as many players playing BF1 these days for whatever reason, unless my server scanner is messed up somehow.

i don't know how i feel about EA not thinking of me as an ATM.

it;s almost as if they see me as a person.

I paid something like $20 for it and I definitely got my money’s worth. As a Star Wars nerd, I enjoyed the campaign (even though it felt quite rushed). I suck at fps online so I stick to the space ships and arcade mode and still enjoy it for what it is. Progression did suck, but I typically only played for a round or two after I’ve had a round or two, so even if I was getting creamed by some 12 year old.... I still had my fun flying a ship around trying to do tricks and shit. Lol

I felt a great disturbance in the force...as if millions of voices suddenly cried out “too late now, who gives a fuck!?”

Anyone that already has alot unlocked on the specialty personnel are lucky. It's much harder to progress now. For example Yoda's ship. Only certain times is it available and then only after earning a volume of battle points. So this new system requiring leveling him up to get parts is aggressively difficult to do as you can't start as him. Its easier with hero mode in the FPS section. It BORKS the Star Fighter section.

Back