Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017)

After I watched the trailer and read the YT comments it was very confusing as to whether or not this is a paid DLC. The impression I got was that all of the main game content would be a free update, but you could pay to get a bunch of skin unlocks and stuff.

After I watched the trailer and read the YT comments it was very confusing as to whether or not this is a paid DLC. The impression I got was that all of the main game content would be a free update, but you could pay to get a bunch of skin unlocks and stuff.

Yeahhhh, that's what I gathered..

Can anyone confirm this??

One thing that has me concerned a bit is this:

Battlefront2.png

To me this implies that future content will not be included unless you by the Celebration Edition?

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I give them credit for turning it around with this game. Still it is EA and not worth trusting or giving any money to them yet. They kinda been on the right track with the new Star wars game. Let see how long they can keep it up.

"Existing players can upgrade their current version of Star Wars Battlefront II to the Celebration Edition at the discounted price $24.99**"
**EA's RRP

Yeah, but the question is what exactly does that get you? Is it just cosmetics, or is it actual game content?

Wait what?

Star Wars Battlefront (2005)
Star Wars Battlefront (2015)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2019)

Shouldn’t we be at 4 by now?

Oh what the hell? I’m in. I own the other three and loved them.

Edit: Just learned its a free expansion???

Niiiiiiiice!

That trailer is more exciting than the movie is likely to be.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
its the levels, the skins, the weapons etc. its a paid dlc. not that hard to understand.

Because none of the other game DLC has been paid for this game, so no, it's not clear.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I have the base game so we'll see what I end up with.

Because none of the other game DLC has been paid for this game, so no, it's not clear.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I have the base game so we'll see what I end up with.

Same here, let me know (y)

I wouldn't buy any EA title like this game. The best thing to do is just pay for a month of Origin Premier, and play it. Or do the yearly for $99 which gives you access year round to a number of decent games, including this one.

at the end of the video there is a box that says "click here to order or upgrade" thats where im getting this info. and yes the other dlc was either paid, included in the ultimate pack or whatever they called it or becomes free after months and months.

I just played some co-op, it seems like all the new content is there. The Celebration pack just lets you unlock a bunch of costumes and shit apparently.

I just played some co-op, it seems like all the new content is there. The Celebration pack just lets you unlock a bunch of costumes and shit apparently.
yeah after figuring out my account info and letting it update i get an update to celebration banner, $35. it does list what it contains though:
"
Upgrade your copy of Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II to the new Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition and own the complete collection of customization content acquirable through in-game purchase from launch up to–and including–items from Star Wars™: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER™*! The Celebration Edition Upgrade contains:
More than 25 Hero Appearances
Including 6 Legendary Appearances, plus 1 Appearance each for Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren inspired by Star Wars: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, coming December 20
More than 125 Trooper and Reinforcement Appearances
More than 100 Hero and Trooper Emotes and Voice Lines
More than 70 Hero and Trooper Victory Poses
Look elegant, scruffy, or anything in between with the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition Upgrade.
*Customization content released after December 20, 2019 is not included in the Celebration Edition."

I played last night for a little and enjoyed it. I'll jump deep into it tonight.

Is it just me or are the heavy troopers OP? I was wrecking fools.

It doesn't seem like the expansion is necessary to get access to the new units. That being said this game is still meh. The action is too simple when compared to Battlefield, seriously needs some level destruction and prone. Looks pretty but I'd prefer the gameplay of Battlefield (especially BF4) over Battlefront.

Also, the starfighter multiplayer is fun but way too damn short. I find myself holding back so as not to finish the match too early, it could be over in less than two minutes. Unreal crap!

Just got this game on sale and it seems DX12 is completely broken on it now. I'm just playing the campaign and first thing I did was enable DX12, which apparently was a mistake because performance was varying wildly between 10 and 100 FPS, but mostly staying around or under 30, which is stupid on an RTX 2080 / Ryzen 2700X / 32 GB DDR 3200 rig. Falling back to DX11 mostly fixes it, but I still don't seem to be getting performance that matches was reviewers were getting on DX12 at launch, which seems to be 130+ FPS most of the time on a 1080Ti or 2080 (quick glance at Guru3D and this Youtube vid).

Guru3D cites running DX12 at an average of 130 FPS and I'm getting nowhere near that on DX11. Also what's odd is my observed CPU and GPU usage between DX11 and DX12; on DX12 I was getting nearly 100% GPU usage and around 30% CPU usage, then on DX11 I'm only getting like 55% GPU usage about the same CPU usage at 35-40%.

So did they break DX12 further in patches or could there be some other software interfering with the game in DX12 or something? Regardless of that, I'm still only getting around 90-110 FPS in DX11, which I feel is still a bit low considering what those reviews are getting 130+ FPS consistently on DX11 and older 5th and 7th gen Intel CPUs. Only thing I can think of is they patched the game to either make it more demanding compared to how it was at launch or less efficient at rendering somehow. I just updated my drivers as well, which RTX cards have gotten a minor improvement through in general since their launch.

I get the same fps as you at 1080p. That's on mostly max settings. I only have a 980 and an old ass 3770k @4.3 w/ 16 gb . Stays above 90 as far as I have seen.

I played some Capital Supremacy, wasn't really impressed as it's one of those games where you are just getting insta-killed by players with max-level Star Cards. The progression seems to really crawl, my guess is because they never really re-balanced it after removing Star Cards from the microtransaction system.

Co-op and SP are reasonably fun, though. I believe you can also level up in co-op, so I find that way more enjoyable than PvP. Also, Capital Supremacy seemed to just go on and on forever, back and forth for WAY too long.

I just realized that there's no Original Trilogy content in co-op. Weak. Hopefully they add that at some point, the co-op is pretty fun.

Also, what is the point of credits? I can't find anywhere where you can actually use them in-game.

EDIT: Oh I see, you can use them to unlock emotes and skins and shit. The decent skins all cost a fortune, though, so you're probably better off paying for the Celebration Edition if you care about that stuff.

Last edited:
More than two years after its launch, the Star Wars Battlefront 2 story is about to come to an end...Electronic Arts announced today that with the release of the next free content update, called The Battle on Scarif, set to come out on April 29th, the game will be "complete."

The Battle on Scarif is inspired by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, but the update will be focused primarily on the original Star Wars trilogy, with Supremacy and Instant Action battles Hoth, Tattoine, Yavin 4, and Death Star 2, as well as Scarif...

More than two years after its launch, the Star Wars Battlefront 2 story is about to come to an end...Electronic Arts announced today that with the release of the next free content update, called The Battle on Scarif, set to come out on April 29th, the game will be "complete."

The Battle on Scarif is inspired by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, but the update will be focused primarily on the original Star Wars trilogy, with Supremacy and Instant Action battles Hoth, Tattoine, Yavin 4, and Death Star 2, as well as Scarif...

I enjoyed this after the re-launch (and a steep discount), but I can't pick it up anymore. Everyone is way more leveled and it's pretty much a spawn/die cycle. I'm glad they put effort into "making things right", but hopefully they make better plans from the get-go moving forward.

I enjoyed this after the re-launch (and a steep discount), but I can't pick it up anymore. Everyone is way more leveled and it's pretty much a spawn/die cycle. I'm glad they put effort into "making things right", but hopefully they make better plans from the get-go moving forward.

There is a lot of off-line content to enjoy. I play ever now and then for that. But I won't go into multiplayer anymore for the reasons you stated.

No server browser = I can't ever find the new maps. The game always seems to default to a standard rotation, with it making you start from the beginning. Means you'd have to play 10-20 games to get to another map. Which is crazy. Who can play non-stop all day?

BF1/V server browser was terrible but this is even worse. Which is too bad, I kind of like Starfighter Assault (or whatever it was called) but can never try the new maps. Far from a great game but the lack of a server browser and odd way of map selection essentially killed the game for me otherwise I'd jump in every now and then.

No server browser = I can't ever find the new maps. The game always seems to default to a standard rotation, with it making you start from the beginning. Means you'd have to play 10-20 games to get to another map. Which is crazy. Who can play non-stop all day?

BF1/V server browser was terrible but this is even worse. Which is too bad, I kind of like Starfighter Assault (or whatever it was called) but can never try the new maps. Far from a great game but the lack of a server browser and odd way of map selection essentially killed the game for me otherwise I'd jump in every now and then.

I agree it's a bit on an issue but now at least they let us pick "eras" which reduces the number of maps in a rotation greatly.

However the capital supremacy matches are still way too damn long so you can easily never play on some maps if you play it very casually like I do (I have yet to play a single match on Felucia for example). In other modes I think it's not too bad since matches are pretty quick.

Battlefront 2 grew into the best Star Wars game we've had in years

When Respawn's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order appeared last year, a lot of folk praised the Force for this long awaited return to a singleplayer adventure...true, it's definitely a single player game, but it's not a very good Star Wars game...Battlefront 2 fucking rules...OK, sure, it wasn't great at launch. In classic EA style, the publisher screwed the pooch with its shitty business model, but that version of the game no longer really exists

Since then, Battlefront 2 has grown into a behemoth that's fat with maps, modes and characters...it's been a genuine treat watching the game grow. Every map and character model has been lavished with attention, and four years on it's still one of the best looking shooters out there; more importantly, it looks and sounds utterly authentic...

https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefront-2-grew-into-the-best-star-wars-game-weve-had-in-years/

It is a pity that they put so much work into this game and gimped it with their shitty servers and matchmaking.

Fuck ea for this bullshit. It has killed battlefield and battlefront. Give us back server control already.

It's why I play PlanetSide now. Even if it is just one server. At least I can play with my crew and we can fight wherever we please.

It does look like they added a couple maps for co-op in the original trilogy, so that's cool. I'm not sure how many there are because it only lets you choose by team/side, not by map, so I'm not sure how many maps there are.

It's a shame that a lot of the content is in PvP where people just steamroll you with high-level cards. Never really liked the card system.

The Celebration Edition upgrade is just under $6 right now. Not a bad deal if you want some skins I suppose.

Battlefront 2 grew into the best Star Wars game we've had in years

When Respawn's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order appeared last year, a lot of folk praised the Force for this long awaited return to a singleplayer adventure...true, it's definitely a single player game, but it's not a very good Star Wars game...Battlefront 2 fucking rules...OK, sure, it wasn't great at launch. In classic EA style, the publisher screwed the pooch with its shitty business model, but that version of the game no longer really exists

Since then, Battlefront 2 has grown into a behemoth that's fat with maps, modes and characters...it's been a genuine treat watching the game grow. Every map and character model has been lavished with attention, and four years on it's still one of the best looking shooters out there; more importantly, it looks and sounds utterly authentic...

https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefront-2-grew-into-the-best-star-wars-game-weve-had-in-years/

Eh it's a 3rd person pew pew laser shooter. I wouldn't exactly use the word skill when it comes to battlefront.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
did they ever put any big maps in this game? I wanted BF size maps, but they were all small spawn/die/repeat within a minute size.

did they ever put any big maps in this game? I wanted BF size maps, but they were all small spawn/die/repeat within a minute size.

The maps themselves seem pretty large, but the game modes seem to work in phases, where you are only in certain parts of the map at any given time.

Back