Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017)

Most of the upgrades are no more than 15% at full upgrade. If you are getting “boned” hard, it’s questionable if 15% is going to help you. It more likely they have developed skill in their playtime and know the maps at this point.
I have unlocked the lowest hull upgrade tier on one of my ships (single bar of four) and it’s 2%

I see. Maybe that is true as I just started MP. I have done maybe 5-6 matches total between StarFighter and Heroes.

How is player count on PC?

Still can't decide between PS4 and PC if I pick up this game.

Don’t know counts but at this point there is no issue finding a game on PC and the game will probably live even longer on PS4.

Then keep being part of the problem. It will only hurt gaming in the future.

Frankly, most games aren’t nearly as good as this one.

80% of my steam library isn’t as good as this game. So you’re barking up the wrong tree man.

I’ve been a consistent gamer since the late 80’s, so it’s not like I don’t have experience with lots of games.

Frankly, most games aren’t nearly as good as this one.

80% of my steam library isn’t as good as this game. So you’re barking up the wrong tree man.

I’ve been a consistent gamer since the late 80’s, so it’s not like I don’t have experience with lots of games.
Not saying the game is bad but it really is nothing special. If you really a old gamer then this should bother you also. No one should be supporting a game that has predatory practices. No matter how good the game is this should never be supported. It is already making it's way into single player games.

Not saying the game is bad but it really is nothing special. If you really a old gamer then this should bother you also. No one should be supporting a game that has predatory practices. No matter how good the game is this should never be supported. It is already making it's way into single player games.

Predatory practices?

Where were all these people when baseball cards and Magic the Gathering where taking all my allowance back in the day? It is the same thing. It is comical how out of control internet nerd rage can be.

I didn't like the loot box thing which is why I haven't bought, but from what I can tell they removed them and fixed the unlocks. Maybe not though.

The game wouldn't be anything special outside of the graphics and Star Wars skin, except when you account for the Starfighter Assault mode. That's where this game truly shines. We haven't had decent space combat in any game I can think of in over a decade. This game scratches that itch for me.

Not saying the game is bad but it really is nothing special.

upload_2017-12-18_12-33-50.png

Predatory practices?

Where were all these people when baseball cards and Magic the Gathering where taking all my allowance back in the day? It is the same thing. It is comical how out of control internet nerd rage can be.

I didn't like the loot box thing which is why I haven't bought, but from what I can tell they removed them and fixed the unlocks. Maybe not though.
Baseball cards and stuff actually has some value after purchase. Stuff you get in game have 0 value and useless when game get shut down.

So aside from shitposting, I think after playing it a bit the game is ok for 30 bucks.
To the guy still thinking about PS4 vs PC. I chose PS4 for reasons I stated above but also because MP games without server browsers last longer on PS4 than PC.

I can’t decide if I want to purchase this...

Question... how well do the controls transition from infantry to vehicle? One of he main reasons I enjoyed bf4 on ps4 so much is using the controller for everything.

I don’t know how kB/mouse would work in start fighter mode or vehicles.

It is a fun game and if it is on sale, it is worth it. SP was decent and I have had a good time with the different modes in multiplayer. I've been using the keyboard and mouse for everything and it works fine in vehicles.

On PS4, I have yet to win a galactic assault. Starfighter I can win but never in the top 5 as there are tons of players who are better than me. Heroes vs. Villains, it seems I am always in a team that wants to take on 3 on 1 and never work together.
Only good thing is I can find games and play a bout or two. I think it is a good pick up and play type of game while I am on my bed waiting to fall asleep. It is a bit frustrating that my W/L ratio would be something like 20% as I am always in shitty teams.

I tried to play a Heroes vs Villains match last night. There was 1 AFK player per team with rubberbands on their controller. For those that don't know, the mode is 4v4 so having 1 AFK per team really ruins the fun. Also, certain players are OP because they have better heroes unlocked plus better hero cards to use that make their characters stronger. EA really screwed up an otherwise great game.

I tried to play a Heroes vs Villains match last night. There was 1 AFK player per team with rubberbands on their controller. For those that don't know, the mode is 4v4 so having 1 AFK per team really ruins the fun. Also, certain players are OP because they have better heroes unlocked plus better hero cards to use that make their characters stronger. EA really screwed up an otherwise great game.

EA definitely made some mistakes with the game, but as you said I think it's a good game overall.

I find the game to be utter garbage but my kids are entertained by it. That is a win in my book. I think the target audience was probably 8-20 and not the 25-38.

I finally got some galactic assault games going. Also won 3/3 matches and was close. However I do not understand the credits earned. I come last in heroes mode and earn like 1000 credits. I do ok in star fighter assault and get about 1500 but in galactic assault I earn like 2500 in one match and then 450 in the other when my score was about 7K points each match. Wtf?

Any way to understand credits earned and where I should spend my time?

I think I stopped caring about all the level up nonsense and Star cards and am enjoying the game a lot more. I also like arcade mode. I think I have already got my money’s worth.

I think I stopped caring about all the level up nonsense and Star cards and am enjoying the game a lot more. I also like arcade mode. I think I have already got my money’s worth.

It's hard for me to stop caring about credits and star cards. I play casually and still have many heroes/villains locked and my star cards are low level so everyone has an advantage over me. Ruins the game for me

It's hard for me to stop caring about credits and star cards. I play casually and still have many heroes/villains locked and my star cards are low level so everyone has an advantage over me. Ruins the game for me

I've concentrated on Starfighter Assault so this is how I feel in Galactic Assault. This is also why I think progression systems in multiplayer shooters are retarded. Do this shit UT / Quake 3 style. Throw everyone onto the map with all the things you need scattered all over the map. Pick the shit up as we go. You die, you start over. Make all the weapons decent and this works fine.

The need to upgrade every ship, every card, every class, every hero, everything, gives incentive to keep playing but is a bit grindy. Realizing that all of my upgrades to star fighters means my ground troops are relatively weak is a strange and disappointing.

On the other hand, it does reward your playtime and makes every match an incremental step toward a greater collection of loot. The loot crates give not only short cut upgrades but also crafting parts which can be used to craft the items you want. I am not entirely sure the system is ultimately any more like gambling than the early days of WoW raids.

The upside is it keeps the multiplayer populated with players and it draws me in far more than the first game.

Finally got around to buying this and when it launches I get a black screen. Guessing this is a known bug but I can't find a solution. Win10 & PC specs in signature if anyone knows whats going on it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Finally got around to buying this and when it launches I get a black screen. Guessing this is a known bug but I can't find a solution. Win10 & PC specs in signature if anyone knows whats going on it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
do you get sound? turn off any all overlay programs, AB/RT, steam, origin, everything. make sure your drivers are up to date.

This game is pure gold pick up for 23.99 while you can in Origin just did a level I never seen before had no idea what was going on got plowed over by Boba Fett and Dark Maul on the other team was held up mid air by Darth vader and just choked lol This game is really good looking feels like Star Wars the details make this game but it's done in a modern version sometimes you are just outblasted but win at the end of the game.

This game is really good looking feels like Star Wars the details make this game

Well, no one has ever accused DICE of making a bad LOOKING game. Star Wars Battlefront and SWBF2 are both very much eye candy. It's just surface glitter though, there are problems under that gorgeous coat of paint.

if the game had big maps, preferably battlefield 2 size or at least battlefield 1 size with at-at walkers and shit the game would be amazing. but its all tiny terrible map design and nade spam fest. uninstalled after 4 hours of play time.

if the game had big maps, preferably battlefield 2 size or at least battlefield 1 size with at-at walkers and shit the game would be amazing. but its all tiny terrible map design and nade spam fest. uninstalled after 4 hours of play time.
It has big maps

Play galactic assault.

Back