Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017)

if even half of what they're saying is true then this could be epic...single player story, 3 times more content then the first game, space combat, will span all 3 eras (prequel, original, new), free DLC...first game was a graphics powerhouse with decent gameplay but got old quick and needed more content...

I have zero interest in this. So cliche, so polished, structured micro-transactions that will break the bank. No thanks.

You have to be a kid to get excited about this.

Rogue One ... I was excited and it was a pretty damn good movie. This on the other hand, the total opposite.

It's just going to be a lot of pretty things running around in circles blasting one another over and over and over again. Tell me again, why is that fun?

I have zero interest in this. So cliche, so polished, structured micro-transactions that will break the bank. No thanks.

You have to be a kid to get excited about this.

Rogue One ... I was excited and it was a pretty damn good movie. This on the other hand, the total opposite.

It's just going to be a lot of pretty things running around in circles blasting one another over and over and over again. Tell me again, why is that fun?
What micro-transactions?

And what multiplayer FPS game ISN'T running around in circles blasting each other over and over again? Any multiplayer game is dictated by the boundaries of a map.

There's plenty to criticize here, but you're a bit off-base.

SP campaign, free season of DLC, 4 classes and expanded squads, all 3 eras, space battles, "three times the size of the first Battlefront at launch". EA/DICE rarely gets any credit from people. Granted, the missteps of the first game are hard to forgive. But if anyone claims they never listen to their players, this should be a sign that they do.

Last edited:
heres some MP action and SWHQ has a ton of new vids too.
https://www.youtube.com/user/GameVerb/videos

look at these interiors!

This looks decent unlike Snow Blind HOTH from the first game it has Single Player makes this just as good or better than Battlefield Hardline. I wonder if the single player has any RPG elements to it? Lightsaber battles look good I could never get a real one in that MMO.

2:55 is epic

Oh man lots of SP even crap-tier internet plebs like me can enjoy it, might actually bother to pick this up!

SP campaign, free season of DLC, 4 classes and expanded squads, all 3 eras, space battles, "three times the size of the first Battlefront at launch". EA/DICE rarely gets any credit from people. Granted, the missteps of the first game are hard to forgive. But if anyone claims they never listen to their players, this should be a sign that they do.

I hope it ends up being that way. Given EA's track record, though, forgive me if I reserve my hype until the game is actually released.

I heard that people are being sent invitations to a closed alpha test starting tomorrow morning.

I got one - will check it out when I get home tonight. Alpha starts tomorrow I believe.

Having read the agreement on confidentiality, I think it's safe to share this. You just cannot talk about the contents of the game itself.

upload_2017-6-28_19-27-3.png

Gameplay affecting loot crates are moronic, so trust EA to have doubled down with the retardation rather than emulating Blizzard's superior cosmetic only loot system.

Having read the agreement on confidentiality, I think it's safe to share this. You just cannot talk about the contents of the game itself.

Can you tell us if this game occurs in the Star Wars universe? Rumors certainly point that way!

Gameplay affecting loot crates are moronic, so trust EA to have doubled down with the retardation rather than emulating Blizzard's superior cosmetic only loot system.

*palm to face* - the pc community has far and wide become the most whiney there is....

Next you'll probably complain how they don't use the superior brown color pallet of quake or the vastly more intricate level design of Daikatana

*palm to face* - the pc community has far and wide become the most whiney there is....

Next you'll probably complain how they don't use the superior brown color pallet of quake or the vastly more intricate level design of Daikatana

Well it isn't just a PC thing, it still sucks on consoles to.

Well it isn't just a PC thing, it still sucks on consoles to.
I can't speak too much for bf2017 but I will say this is usually where the pc player opens his mouth and inserts foot.

Bf2015 was a great success on both consoles. Having it on both the console and pc the console group is sometimes refreshing because they are just there to play and have fun.

joining in on a pc match some seem to enjoy the chat feature and complaining more than just having fun in the game.

Which imo bf2015 excelled at. I still play it almost daily because I just have fun playing it.

Your definitely entitled to your opinion but gone are the days when the pc master race had enough clout to be able to make their opinion worth more than the words

I haven't played this a ton, but so far I would say it's...better...ish...? Than the first one. We'll have to see what the SP brings, but from the MP experience so far:

Things I like:

-Point system seems WAY better than the random pickups bullshit. Now there is actually incentive to work with a squad (or at least, stay close) and you have to actually contribute to get points to then get the cool characters and vehicles.
-The card system...ehh...I guess it's okay. I am not a fan of random drops and "loot crates", but if it's all in-game currency then, whatever (I don't know if this is the case yet, but hopefully...otherwise fuck 'em) Not really a fan of getting random loot that equates to in-game advantages, though.
-Squad spawn system seems cool, gives you extra points to work together and you don't just get spawn camped or picked off one by one.

Dislikes:

-Hero characters jumping around like cracked-out super seizure robots still (just looks silly)
-Seems like just a massive fuckfest of grenade spam half the time...hard to tell what is even happening with all the particle effects going on.
-Took FAR too long to get into a game for some reason (might just be matchmaking issues but...I can't imagine there aren't at least 39 other people playing this)
-Noticed a lot of lag spikes/people rubber banding around, got killed several times due to it, not real happy about that.

So overall, I will try it out a bit more and hopefully they release some details about the SP campaign.

I can't speak too much for bf2017 but I will say this is usually where the pc player opens his mouth and inserts foot.

Bf2015 was a great success on both consoles. Having it on both the console and pc the console group is sometimes refreshing because they are just there to play and have fun.

joining in on a pc match some seem to enjoy the chat feature and complaining more than just having fun in the game.

Which imo bf2015 excelled at. I still play it almost daily because I just have fun playing it.

Your definitely entitled to your opinion but gone are the days when the pc master race had enough clout to be able to make their opinion worth more than the words

What does any of this have to do with random loot drops that affect in-game bonuses? I think Blade-Runner has a good point...it kind of sucks getting outclassed by players who have superior cards because they randomly got a better item than you.

If they allowed you to buy cards with real money (which I hope to god they don't), it would be straight up pay-to-win.

Am I supposed to care what the local Battleturd 1 apologist has to say about the matter? Everyone already knows that you would be happy with any Star Wars branded malformed turd shat out by EA, but other more discerning users may be rightfully concerned about this type of bullshit especially given EA's atrocious track record and the fact that BF1 was a heaping pile of dog shit that only survived a pathetic 4 months in many regions.

Next you will probably using some other false equivalency to pathetically elevate the status of your misconceived non-arguments over mine.

What does any of this have to do with random loot drops that affect in-game bonuses? I think Blade-Runner has a good point...it kind of sucks getting outclassed by players who have superior cards because they randomly got a better item than you.

If they allowed you to buy cards with real money (which I hope to god they don't), it would be straight up pay-to-win.

I honestly wouldn't waste my time debating the point with him, he is so hopelessly lost in his own mindset of hype that he is unlikely to acknowledge the very real pernicious consequences of this type of gameplay impacting reward system.

I honestly can't wait for a Star Wars universe SP revival. Many fond memories of Dark Forces as a kid ( Even if the game wasn't actually that good..)
- It stings that battlefront was so lacklusterre I REALLY wanted to love that game..

Bf1 has only now become playable for me BC section 8 has a server and they actually kick/ ban ppl for being idiots. This is great BC the ppl that play there regular are team oriented and consistently hang out there. We get far more balanced matches BC of this.

Battlefront will be a better version and may have a good sp. I sincerely doubt the mp will be worth playing. Ea does not really listen to the players. At least PC based. The consoles are where the money is at so those screeches get priority.

You mean they've upgraded admin ability in BF1 to about a tenth of what was available for BF4 and previous games from the next to nothing they started with?

EA damn near single-handedly killed off all but the most dedicated communities around BF PC games with that crap.

I also don't expect there to be *any* moderation capability in Battlefront. I was hoping that they'd apply more of a Battlefield feel to the game, but they went straight arcade shooter with it.

You mean they've upgraded admin ability in BF1 to about a tenth of what was available for BF4 and previous games from the next to nothing they started with?

EA damn near single-handedly killed off all but the most dedicated communities around BF PC games with that crap.

I also don't expect there to be *any* moderation capability in Battlefront. I was hoping that they'd apply more of a Battlefield feel to the game, but they went straight arcade shooter with it.

The current admin situation in BF1 is such:
1. When they finally added kick/ban to the servers after nearly 4 months, only the server owner could do so. It wasn't until the most recent patch which added platoons that the server owner could delegate some responsibility to others.
2. The ban list tops out at 100 players per server. Cheaters simply rotate accounts or simply get new ones. Admins have to be incredibly selective about who they ban and why. This means more focus on blatant cheaters and less focus on toxic players/griefers/trolls. If the list is full, they have to go through that list and prioritize who they are going to drop e.g. the oldest on the list that [god-willing] is permabanned by fairfight by now. This usually means they are keeping their own separate database like a text doc to list those banned and the reasons why.
3. Admins can't move players to balance servers. If half a team quits at end of round the server will likely die quickly unless people switch...and no one ever does.
4. No way to auto-balance mid round.
5. You can have only 20 VIP's/admins for the server. With large clans, it makes it difficult to get continuous coverage of good admins.
6. No way to yell messages to players...e.g. blast a message on their screen.
7. Very few settings changes can be made to the server before it becomes non-public. This means its more difficult to keep populated because people aren't searching for them. It becomes increasingly difficult as the player count dwindles.

I'm willing to bet money they are going to copy/paste this same bullshit model into battlefront 2. It could even be worse than that, since the game was in development for 2+ years already and ALL of the BF1 Admin capabilities were added post-launch... these things might not even be in the game at this point.

Sounds like real money loot crates were confirmed. They dun fucked up.

Im surprised people still buy anything from DICE/EA. I stopped after BF4 when I realized the Battlefield series had become nothing but a revenue stream for EA. I won't touch another DICE made game again unless they go independent or revert back to how they were back in the bf1942 days.

I am 100%with you joker. The only EA game I've ever purchased was 1942. If people would stop buying the garbage they put out maybe they would revert back to making high quality AAA titles without all the bs dlc to get the full experience.

Back