Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017)

TBH if it has no dedicated servers it will do poorly again. Maybe for consoles, but PC players want dedicated servers.

And I am not talking about the bullshit dedicated servers BF1 has.

IMO I think the target audience for this is more for casual play and even more so for single player and the Star Wars fan

Personally I haven't one time thought "I wish battlefront had dedicated servers". I just get in and hit find match and play. And it's some of the most fun I've had recently on the pc.

IMO I think you are focusing too much on the "dedicated server " and not enough on just enjoying the game. Even pc players don't play "for the dedicated server" they play for the entertainment. If it did poorly on the pc it's more because it wasn't fun or it wasn't as fun as the competition.

I will agree that a single player capability would be nice. Even battlefront 2 had a loosely single player galactic map conquest mode that would take you from map to map with bots which would be nice in the next game if that is the route they go for single player

IMO I think the target audience for this is more for casual play and even more so for single player and the Star Wars fan

Personally I haven't one time thought "I wish battlefront had dedicated servers". I just get in and hit find match and play. And it's some of the most fun I've had recently on the pc.

IMO I think you are focusing too much on the "dedicated server " and not enough on just enjoying the game. Even pc players don't play "for the dedicated server" they play for the entertainment. If it did poorly on the pc it's more because it wasn't fun or it wasn't as fun as the competition.

I will agree that a single player capability would be nice. Even battlefront 2 had a loosely single player galactic map conquest mode that would take you from map to map with bots which would be nice in the next game if that is the route they go for single player

The problem with non-dedicated servers is that there is no way to manually administrate players, and no recourse against cheaters outside of if the anti-cheat happens to catch them or not.

The problem with non-dedicated servers is that there is no way to manually administrate players, and no recourse against cheaters outside of if the anti-cheat happens to catch them or not.

I don't know if I would agree with that. With the advent of platforms like origin I think they have a much tighter control over cheaters... e.g. You get your account banned vs just from that server.

When looking into if cheaters have been banned from origin I was ableto find a post from an ea guy staying how they are banning players from battlefront. Whether they continue to ban players I'm not sure since origin has never been to public about their account banning like say blizzard or evens steams vac ban

SledgehammerEaCommunityManager said:
The bans you see are from Battlefront only. A lot of players are getting banned via excessive reports or by the system catching them as we update for new tricks they think are getting past us.

Our team cares, but it isn't as cut and dry as you think when it comes to banning players. Unfortunately, the God mode bug, that will be gone within Bespin has been the prime issue and a tool some hackers have used to hide their ways. It is all coming to an end. T-minus 12ish hours.

So I was paying attention while playing this weekend and sure enough I saw 2 bans happen. So id feel fairly confident ea is managing cheating/banning as best as any dedicated server is. Especially if these are account bans, then we shouldn't see them in any server unless they rebuy the game

I'd love some more variation for the squadron mode - more fighter models, attacks on capital ships, fighting not only in atmosphere... and 64vs64. Of course full joystick support, different role - bombers, fighters, scouts. Ability to man turrets of capital ship and drive things like corellian corvettes or even Star Destroyers.

at the very least I'm sure this will set the new standard as far as PC graphics

I don't know how you guys didn't see this coming. First game was a tech demo / proof of concept. All you can hope for with this title is actual vehicle functionality and enough DLC to keep it alive for more than 3 months.

I don't know how you guys didn't see this coming. First game was a tech demo / proof of concept. All you can hope for with this title is actual vehicle functionality and enough DLC to keep it alive for more than 3 months.

You know what, I've had just about ENOUGH of your belly aching. And to celebrate the fact, the first Battlefront 2 trailer will be shown April 15 at 11.30am PT/2.30pm ET.

It will be shown during the “The Galaxywide Premiere of Star Wars Battlefront 2” panel. You'll be able to watch online.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/03/29/first-look-at-star-wars-battlefront-2-coming-april-15-at-star-wars-celebration/

Last edited:
cant get excited about this, they're going to have to really pull something out of their ass to make it way better than the last, graphics were great, gameplay was extremely lacking.

Bought #1 just to play though the training missions. (I am not very good vs real people.) If 2 doesn't have a single player campaign I'll probably at best do the same thing. It was worth $10 to me, but not much more.

After battlefront 1, and BF1 server cluster fuck, I will not touch another one of these games. Dedicated servers or bust.

Bought #1 just to play though the training missions. (I am not very good vs real people.) If 2 doesn't have a single player campaign I'll probably at best do the same thing. It was worth $10 to me, but not much more.
SP campaign is already confirmed.

One of the things I really think people are missing about the first game is the near unlimited combination of equipment/weapons which IMO is so much fun to play..

you want to be a medic (healer) assault? you can be that .. medic/explosives? sure thing

want to be a heavy weapons/explosive you can do that

I love how they haven't limited some things into "classes" and instead have really allowed for the mix and match of every piece of equipment..

Bah, this is why I cant bring myself to buy games like this from EA. They kill them off so fast and never plan to actually support them for the long haul. Quick cash grab and move on to the next one. The first looked pretty good but needed some flushing out and now its getting replaced :(

A good single player campaign (co-op?) and Jedi fighting that isn't fucking terrible... I might consider it.

I think my ideal would be Star Wars Borderlands style.

That is what I am looking forward to the most which is single player.

A good single player campaign (co-op?) and Jedi fighting that isn't fucking terrible... I might consider it.

I think my ideal would be Star Wars Borderlands style.

The last really good Jedi fighting game was Jedi Knight 2. I don't trust DICE to deliver a decent experience because every one of their SP campaigns, bar Bad Company 2, has been utterly lacking, pedestrian and forgettable.

The last really good Jedi fighting game was Jedi Knight 2. I don't trust DICE to deliver a decent experience because every one of their SP campaigns, bar Bad Company 2, has been utterly lacking, pedestrian and forgettable.
Or you just hate DICE, because BF1's campaign was pretty damn good.

I think I just got videogame wood. Hell yes to a Star Wars skinned Borderlands.

This got me thinking of a The Division style Star Wars. I think that would also be amazing.

Reactions: DPI
like this
the problem with a lot of these MP focused titles nowadays is that they're fun for a short while and then you get bored and move on to another game

the problem with a lot of these MP focused titles nowadays is that they're fun for a short while and then you get bored and move on to another game

This. Battlefront MP got stale quick. I hope it isn't the case this time, but I doubt it.

They really weren't. Some were okay; the tank one was decent as was the plane one. The rest were dull. Probably the only reason those two stood out is because you used vehicles for the most part... even then, they weren't that great but nice to see.

You have a propensity for conflating valid criticisms with emotional responses, especially when it comes to ardently defending DICE. So no I don't hate DICE, I just don't think their games are particularly good anymore and they now routinely make design decisions that are anti-community. And if you thought BF1's campaign was good then more power to you, because what I experienced was a fairly flimsy pretense for introducing players to the mechanics of MP. The stories and characters were dull and forgettable if not grating at times, the large open maps were not used effectively to complement gameplay and both team and enemy AI were beyond fucking dumb most of the time. All it really had going for it was the stunning graphics and the fact that it is probably the least buggy campaign I have seen from DICE following BC2. DICE should just jettison the SP campaign altogether and focus on MP, BF has been around long enough that people really don't need a tutorial on how to play it anymore.

I put about 70 hours in Battlefront. I enjoyed it quit a bit. I'll buy this one at launch.

Dedicated servers are definitely important to keep the hardcore PC gamers in play and make the game lifespan so much longer. Why do you think people still play CS 1.6?

Origin's matchmaking service sucks big time! We tried to play this at a couple LANs and you can't get everyone in the same party and on the same server. It basically kills the game for LAN or party play with a group of friends. Super Lame. Also since you can't pick your dedicated server you can't meet friends online or get to know the people that you'd play with regularly on a dedicated server.

They refuse to get the mp aspects right. So I don't give a fuck about this game. I will pick this up in two years if the sp is good.

I put about 70 hours in Battlefront. I enjoyed it quit a bit. I'll buy this one at launch.

Dedicated servers are definitely important to keep the hardcore PC gamers in play and make the game lifespan so much longer. Why do you think people still play CS 1.6?

Origin's matchmaking service sucks big time! We tried to play this at a couple LANs and you can't get everyone in the same party and on the same server. It basically kills the game for LAN or party play with a group of friends. Super Lame. Also since you can't pick your dedicated server you can't meet friends online or get to know the people that you'd play with regularly on a dedicated server.

Not sure when they added it but there is a Private match option for organizing full games with just who you invite if you don't want to pub.

Back