Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017)

The insidious truth is that EA is now making a gambit for turning all of its published games into live services stuffed to gills with predatory microtransactions....its has even admitted this.

https://www.dualshockers.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-microtransactions-live-services/

No different to the slippery slope people warned about when Bethesda charged dumb asses for horse armor but were derisively dismissed as fear mongers, now we are fucking drowning in this bullshit.

this is part of the concessions that need to be made...with Battlefront 2 no longer having a Season Pass and all content free going forward it needs to balance that out with these microtransaction/loot box shenanigans...not an ideal situation but it's a lose-lose proposition...if they charged players for Season Pass type of content players would be upset as well

this is part of the concessions that need to be made...with Battlefront 2 no longer having a Season Pass and all content free going forward it needs to balance that out with these microtransaction/loot box shenanigans...not an ideal situation but it's a lose-lose proposition...if they charged players for Season Pass type of content players would be upset as well

Or they could stop being greedy fucks and limit the loot boxes to cosmetics that don't affect gameplay, ala Overwatch.

Starfighter Assault is 80% the reason why I'm interested in the game...read this in a review and I agree with it...

"The highlight is undoubtedly Starfighter Assault—maybe my favorite multiplayer experience of 2017. Building on the already strong foundation of the original game, Battlefront 2 evolves Starfighter Assault from a large-scale furball to a massive multi-part battle featuring objectives, capital ships, and huge numbers of A.I. ships

It's an absolute blast—a true joy for an old-school Rogue Squadron fan like myself. It's so cool to battle over the oceans of Kamino; around an Imperial shipyard, and through a droid control ship. I understand that not everyone is gonna agree with me on this front, but I would personally buy Battlefront 2 just for Starfighter Assault. If you like Star Wars starfighter combat, it's that good"

Fuck Jim Sterling.
I mean fuck EA, obviously, but also fuck Jim Sterling. Guy is an outrage merchant.

Totally unrelated, he's also an insufferable SJW (not a surprise, since he's fat).

He has been 100% correct about all of this, and even theorized this shit would happen months or years ago.

Say what you will about his politics but he is spot on about game industry bullshit.

Starfighter Assault is 80% the reason why I'm interested in the game...read this in a review and I agree with it...

"The highlight is undoubtedly Starfighter Assault—maybe my favorite multiplayer experience of 2017. Building on the already strong foundation of the original game, Battlefront 2 evolves Starfighter Assault from a large-scale furball to a massive multi-part battle featuring objectives, capital ships, and huge numbers of A.I. ships

It's an absolute blast—a true joy for an old-school Rogue Squadron fan like myself. It's so cool to battle over the oceans of Kamino; around an Imperial shipyard, and through a droid control ship. I understand that not everyone is gonna agree with me on this front, but I would personally buy Battlefront 2 just for Starfighter Assault. If you like Star Wars starfighter combat, it's that good"

This and the single player campaign are what I wanted the game for. It didn't dissappoint on either front.

you finished your 10 hour early access trial?

I pre-ordered the game. It released on the 13th at 11PM CST. I only did 7 hours of the trial and then played the full game when it released. I completed the single player campaign yesterday. It took about 5 hours or so. Maybe 6. I spent a lot of time shooting down fighters and exploring the maps.

The insidious truth is that EA is now making a gambit for turning all of its published games into live services stuffed to gills with predatory microtransactions....its has even admitted this.

https://www.dualshockers.com/star-wars-battlefront-2-microtransactions-live-services/

No different to the slippery slope people warned about when Bethesda charged dumb asses for horse armor but were derisively dismissed as fear mongers, now we are fucking drowning in this bullshit.

Exactly. We knew where things were going with that fucking horse armor.

Exactly. We knew where things were going with that fucking horse armor.

I called it 10+ years ago.

AQYKnok.jpg

I unlocked Darth Vader. I've got 13 total hours in the game and that includes running through the single player missions twice during the trial and the full campaign with my early access. The rest was all done in multiplayer missions. I also spent about 20k or so during the trial period so it didn't really take all that much time to unlock Vader. It will of course take a crap ton of time to unlock everything, but that's not surprising. Is it annoying that some people will drop a ton of coin on the game and get this shit up front? Yes. It is. However, I haven't spent anything beyond the cost of the game itself and I'm competitive, if not near the top on Starfighter matches despite putting in very little time compared to some people. If you don't put the time in now, that gap may increase down the line as people have close to everything and new players will have nothing. That's one thing I don't like about unlock systems. However, I am not sure how much of a difference this will be.

And yet still, even to this day with all that we have seen...people defend this shit.

I don't mind a combined unlock earning system with some 'pay-to-win' elements as well, so long as they're not overpowered and/or mostly cosmetic.

And while I can't say that I'm a fan of EA, I am a fan of some of the games that their studios put out, and I don't mind paying a fair price to keep development of the games I like going.

I don't mind a combined unlock earning system with some 'pay-to-win' elements as well, so long as they're not overpowered and/or mostly cosmetic.

And while I can't say that I'm a fan of EA, I am a fan of some of the games that their studios put out, and I don't mind paying a fair price to keep development of the games I like going.

Fuck anything pay-to-win in multiplayer games, period. That is my opinion on the matter. :p

The thing that is so insidious about loot boxes is that it's more like "pay-to-maybe-win-something-useful?"

Fuck anything pay-to-win in multiplayer games, period. That is my opinion on the matter. :p

The thing that is so insidious about loot boxes is that it's more like "pay-to-maybe-win-something-useful?"

I can't argue with that. I also don't like gambling packs.

Just to let people know. I guess the famous EA Developer who has been posting on Twitter about this fiasco with EA, actually is not even a DEV with EA at all. This is the guy who said he was receiving death threats.

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458

Sad part is mainstream media ran with it, that he was getting all these death threats etc. But it takes a gamer website to find out the truth?

Anyway doesn't make the game any better, but it goes to show you to not believe shit on the internet.

Just to let people know. I guess the famous EA Developer who has been posting on Twitter about this fiasco with EA, actually is not even a DEV with EA at all. This is the guy who said he was receiving death threats.

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458

Sad part is mainstream media ran with it, that he was getting all these death threats etc. But it takes a gamer website to find out the truth?

Anyway doesn't make the game any better, but it goes to show you to not believe shit on the internet.

Well, and fuck EA all the way to the moon and back, but fuck people sending death threats as well.

Sounds like this may have all been fabricated but I still stand by that statement.

So anyone had time to check out the single player part of the game? What's it like? Placeholder level garbage? Is the game worth getting if that's all I would play?

So anyone had time to check out the single player part of the game? What's it like? Placeholder level garbage? Is the game worth getting if that's all I would play?

4 hours long. So, no, not worth it in my opinion. Supposedly the campaign itself is alright.

Is anyone actually playing this and liking it? I don't care about all the micro transactions talk.

*screenshots up in here, would be cool.

You guys realize there have been fake people saying they are DEVS when they are not. So before you think it is the DEV PR Bullshit. Make sure it isn't a fake DEV.

You guys realize there have been fake people saying they are DEVS when they are not. So before you think it is the DEV PR Bullshit. Make sure it isn't a fake DEV.

Reddit AMAs are generally vetted ahead of time (especially when it's someone repping a company like this) so I would be extremely surprised if they were fakes.

Reddit AMAs are generally vetted ahead of time (especially when it's someone repping a company like this) so I would be extremely surprised if they were fakes.

Not me. Too many ways to say you are legit, and actually be fake. Too much fake news. I honestly have a hard time believing anyone anymore on Twitter/Facebook/reddit etc. Just my opinion

Reactions: drklu
like this
maybe this new driver will help in Destiny 2 when raising the 'render resolution' to something like 200%

I tend not to do this because it ratfucks my other three displays in the process- but I may be doing it wrong.

I unlocked Darth Vader. I've got 13 total hours in the game and that includes running through the single player missions twice during the trial and the full campaign with my early access. The rest was all done in multiplayer missions. I also spent about 20k or so during the trial period so it didn't really take all that much time to unlock Vader. It will of course take a crap ton of time to unlock everything, but that's not surprising. Is it annoying that some people will drop a ton of coin on the game and get this shit up front? Yes. It is. However, I haven't spent anything beyond the cost of the game itself and I'm competitive, if not near the top on Starfighter matches despite putting in very little time compared to some people. If you don't put the time in now, that gap may increase down the line as people have close to everything and new players will have nothing. That's one thing I don't like about unlock systems. However, I am not sure how much of a difference this will be.

This pushed me over the edge, bought.

mK2ux2T.png

in the beta DX12 had performance issues compared to DX11...is this still the case with the final release?...Dice seems to have issues with DX12 as their games still are just using DX12 wrappers versus being built from the ground up with it

why do people keep saying that the people that are buying the game are supporting microtransactions?...nothing could be further from the truth...the only people supporting it are the people that are actually paying for the micros...the people that are playing the game without any of that are making their own stand against it...if 5 million people buy the game and 95% don't pay for any micros then EA will get the point...so don't tell me that everyone buying the game is making the issue worse and supporting EA's business practices

Back