Star Trek will go to Strange New Worlds in new spinoff series

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hope it's good!

"Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman said in January that such a series was under consideration. Kurtzman will serve as executive producer on Strange New Worlds alongside Akiva Goldsman, Jenny Lumet, Henry Alonso Myers, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth. Goldsman, Kurtzman, and Lumet co-wrote the series premiere episode.

"When we said we heard the fans’ outpouring of love for Pike, Number One, and Spock, we meant it," Kurtzman said. "These iconic characters have a deep history in Star Trek canon, yet so much of their stories have yet to be told."

“This is a dream come true, literally,” Goldsman said. “I have imagined myself on the bridge of the Enterprise since the early 1970s. I’m honored to be a part of this continuing journey along with Alex, Henry, and the fine folks at CBS.”"

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020...-to-strange-new-worlds-in-new-spinoff-series/

I'm loosing tack. Will there be three different concurrent Star Trek series now?

Reactions: erek
like this
You know, there was a time when Star Trek was about finding strange, new worlds and people. There wasn't a need for a spinoff show to do this because it was the premise of pretty much all the shows...

You know, there was a time when Star Trek was about finding strange, new worlds and people. There wasn't a need for a spinoff show to do this because it was the premise of pretty much all the shows...

I'm hoping this is their "original recipe" series while the other two remain the story-arc, bombastic mess.

So they want to drag yet more established characters through the mud? These people don't care about star trek, they don't want to tell star trek stories, they just see an opportunity to sell whatever crap under the brand, canon be damned.

It took them 2 years to make me flinch even at the mention of a new star trek. You can criticize disney all you want, but I think CBS has managed to ruin Star Trek much faster and much worse than disney messed up Star Wars.

talk about milking the franchise until its dead

Not the earliest, that was Enterprise. However, Captain Pike was just after Captain Robert April, the Enterprise NCC 1701 has a very long history.

Let them have Trek/Wars, I have the shows I grew up with and loved....and then watched them burn themselves out. Since nobody is making those shows anymore, these new ones are for a new audience, which is fine. Those of us of a certain vintage had our time being focused on, we enjoyed the shows and we bought the merch. Those days were a LONG time ago in people years.

1 episode of Picard was enough to make me cringe....and I never saw an episode of Discovery..eventually, someday, but the SJW attitudes of the actors when the show launched made me feel (as a white male) I wasn't really welcome, I'd be 'tolerated'. Hmmm....kiss my ass? Let someone else enjoy your product and buy your merch.

Star Wars/Star Trek = You can keep that shit I had mine, it was great, I've moved on.

PS: Voyager killed Trek, Enterprise never had a chance.....but Enterprise's first couple of seasons are rewatchable, I can't do that with Voyager. Problem is listening to Scott Bacula's voice when he says "The Zindi" over and over and over with his never-hit-puberty voice......*groan*.

So they want to drag yet more established characters through the mud? These people don't care about star trek, they don't want to tell star trek stories, they just see an opportunity to sell whatever crap under the brand, canon be damned.
The joke's on them, cause they aren't selling much.

It took them 2 years to make me flinch even at the mention of a new star trek. You can criticize disney all you want, but I think CBS has managed to ruin Star Trek much faster and much worse than disney messed up Star Wars.
Hmm, not sure, it's a tough competition between those two.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully it goes back to a more traditional Trek recipe. I want story of the week.

I really enjoyed the first season of Discovery but S2 was pretty lame. I was hopeful Picard would be good but I was pretty let down by it. I'll watch to first few eps of this new series and give it a chance but I'm not optimistic

The joke's on them, cause they aren't selling much.

Hmm, not sure, it's a tough competition between those two.
Haven't seen Rise of Skywalker yet, but I'd take Force Awakens or even Last Jedi over STD or Picard. Heck I could sit trough them, that's already more than either of the new ST series can claim. And The Mandalorian / Rogue One were actually quite good.

I never saw an episode of Discovery..eventually, someday, but the SJW attitudes of the actors when the show launched made me feel (as a white male) I wasn't really welcome, I'd be 'tolerated'. Hmmm....kiss my ass? Let someone else enjoy your product and buy your merch.
Don't bother watching Discovery. It is a mockery of every other series. Can't stand the Klingon change. The show should have taken place in the Picard era since the ship is the most advanced ship ever.

The thing of it is, Captain Pike was not even the first Captain of the NCC-1701 Enterprise, that goes to Captain Robert April.

Star Trek went to strange new worlds with Discovery and Picard, and they were crap.
IFAIC, Star Trek is dead to me, and it died at the end of Enterprise.
Whoever has the rights to it is just milking off of someone's dream, corrupting it as they release new parts of it.
Only thing I might watch are the fan eps like Axanar.

Reactions: M76
like this
They're going to create Star Trek fatigue with all these shitty spin offs they are making.

“We’re going to try to harken back to some classical ‘Trek’ values, to be optimistic, and to be more episodic,” Goldsman tell Variety. “Obviously, we will take advantage of the serialized nature of character and story building. But I think our plots will be more closed-ended than you’ve seen in either ‘Discovery’ or ‘Picard.'”

SOURCE

It's about damn time. Hopefully this series will work out and CBS will understand we want the old Trek back.

Naw, blue haired SJWs will eat up and feel more encourage to shove it down us boomers' throats.
I'm surprised this even exist. Didn't Kurtzman say he doesn't want to do a Trek with a white male captain?

Last edited:
SOURCE

It's about damn time. Hopefully this series will work out and CBS will understand we want the old Trek back.

I'm surprised this even exist. Didn't Kurtzman say he doesn't want to do a Trek with a white male captain?
The show is going to suck because they run into the technology-of-the era issue, same as Discovery. Look at the bridge of the original series and then Next Generation. Then look at Discovery. They can only have a creditable series in the Picard era or it will look stupid. Stupid with the ancient looking TNG/TOS bridge or stupid with an ultra modern bridge like Discovery that is...what, 100 years earlier than TNG?

If you want to see a space series far better than any Star Trek, check out Another Life on Netflix.

(...snorts uncontrollably under breathe)

Give it 3 or 4 episodes though to get you hooked.

(....erupts into unstoppable laughter)

The show is going to suck because they run into the technology-of-the era issue, same as Discovery. Look at the bridge of the original series and then Next Generation. Then look at Discovery. They can only have a creditable series in the Picard era or it will look stupid. Stupid with the ancient looking TNG/TOS bridge or stupid with an ultra modern bridge like Discovery that is...what, 100 years earlier than TNG?
I know what you are saying. I don't completely disagree with you but from the art perspective in the 60's they worked with what they have, in the 80's they worked with what they have, and in 2020 they are going to work with what they have.

The only "modern" art style that I absolutely can't stand is the touch screen stuff in Picard. I don't mind any of the other graphics of the new series.

But are you are suggesting you won't want a tv series because the art is too good?

The amount of people in this thread who seem to absolutely not get what star trek is about kind of amazes me.

Anyway, probably will get around to watching this in a few months when I want something to binge in the background.

There was a nice 60's esc version reboot of Trek. I thought it was very well done. They copied original characters which might have been their downfall if legal circles didn't! Well done on the original esthetic for sure.
I liked the origional scope of the show. Discovever new. As we have seen it has been a slow march ito shit-fuck land for simpletons ever since. Yeas make ST WOKE! Yep, that is what we were all screaming LOL!

They're going to create Star Trek fatigue with all these shitty spin offs they are making.
No, they will blame their failure on star trek fatigue, when it really is just putting out bad quality products. I would watch good star trek 24/7 all year long. I already did when I binged the old shows up to enterprise at 8-10 episodes / day.

Good Star Wars stuff still comes out, when was the last time a truely good Trek show or movie released?
It's called The Orville. It is Star Trek in every sense, but the name. The first episode was kind of meh, then it got better and better with each. At least the first season, I didn't see the second one yet.

"Good Star Wars stuff still comes out.."
You see, this is why we cunt have a proper discussion.

All of this forked universe Star Trek is garbage.

Just give Seth McFarlane the money, tell him to hire Joss Whedon, and get to work on the Orville the Feature Film.

All of this forked universe Star Trek is garbage.

Just give Seth McFarlane the money, tell him to hire Joss Whedon, and get to work on the Orville the Feature Film.
idk about joss now, old joss yes. new joss is all super sjw now and might ruin it.

His job is to help with the plot and dialog, and people are allowed to make him wear a dunce hat for the rest of the day if he inserts anything political. Or waif-fu. They already have a magic strong lady.

Good Star Wars stuff still comes out, when was the last time a truely good Trek show or movie released?

The possibility of a Star Trek 4 definitely not looking good, first Anton Yelchin dying apparently killed momentum, and then the Marvel Movies raised the bar sky-high for what these kinds of movies need to make to ROI. Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth being in and out of negotiations and ultimately backing away, just a big mess.

Back