Star Trek Online Q&A

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
If you are a Star Trek fan, you’ll certainly want to take a look at the upcoming MMO adaption of the hit television/movie series.

As we've explored the nature of Star Trek and pushed the boundaries of the fiction, our notion of which races make for the best lineup has evolved. All I will say at this time is that our set of player races is now locked and we are well into generating assets to support each of these races. In the coming months, we'll be providing hints as to the choices we made on our teaser site.

I am very much looking forward to this game, it sounds like it will be quite fun for Star Trek fans like myself.

What the hell are you gonna do in a Star Trek MMO? Grind to get money (that doesn't exist) and items (Phaser with +10 STR?....) and levels (level 5 photon torpedo?....).

I've read the interview and it sounds like a bunch of good ideas, but I doubt they'll work.

Besides, the MMO genere is seriously broken and lame. It's all about spending the most amount of time GRINDING. I've played tons of MMOs including WOW for months, the main theme was time, everything had to do with time, gold farming, crafting, instances, even partying... EVEN WALKING. OMG spending a freakin hour with a party to make sure an instance goes right so that you don't waste the next 3 hours....

I've been following this MMO since it was first announced almost 2 years ago and have extremely high hopes for it.There are alot of vets from the various Trek television series working on the art,design, and structure of the game, so i have no doubt it will retain Next Gen's look and feeland then some.

I simply cannot wait to be able to get to be able to try a playable version.

I've give up all hope on any good future star trek game regardless of genre or platform

I think Bridge Commander was the only good Star Trek game that involved controlling a single ship. Even then, the graphics sucked until the mod community stepped in.

I'm not one for MMOs, but I will give this a shot. Just like I gave Legacy a shot (gag). If nothing else, please make ships fully explorable. I just want to be able to walk around freely without any constraints (and with active crew) on the decks of a Sovereign, or even better, refit Constitution.

Back