"Star Trek: Discovery" Renewed for Season 3

I would watch it but NOPE!

They just cant make shows or series now without it being nothing but a woke political propaganda piece under the guise of entertainment. Sigh..... ST TNG was infinitely better than the contemporary.

Got so bored with series, made to season Season 3 and a few episodes. Just find the storyline stupid in general, characters weak, mostly so forgetful that one knows they are wasting their time.

Got so bored with series, made to season Season 3 and a few episodes. Just find the storyline stupid in general, characters weak, mostly so forgetful that one knows they are wasting their time.

Same thing lol, got to the beginning of S3E2 and then googled the finale ending… glad I did, what a mess.

The first half of the final episode was great. The 2nd half was not. TNG's finale is still the best of the lot, but the series isn't a hair on the ass of DS9, which found it's footing after S1 and never slowed down. I wanted a theatrical release, but I can promise you there wasn't an audience. If it was released today, it might, but not then. I knew many TNG diehards that didn't like the show. FYI, maybe I used the wrong title, but i was referring to the DS9 documentary. If I got the title wrong, I apologize.

I think I understand what you mean.
The second half of the final episode felt just too much like "real life", where people who had lived and fought together, were now getting separated by new lives, like a college graduation ceremony and final get-together party. This is a difficult enough thing in the real world already, and in the episode, it felt, almost, rushed and overly dramatic and tragic. It's like having a group of best friends in college, where two gets married, one dies in a car accident, one enlists to fight in a foreign war from which he may never return, one goes on to become head of a prestigious science academy, one gets his own command, and a few people are left behind to live in an environment where everything is completely changed. Quark's comments about the new system implemented by the new Grand Nagus sort of cemented that. I feel it would have been better for this to happen gradually, rather than what felt like everyone saying goodbye to each other.

The love for this franchise is not aging well with the fanbase.
Too woke, now broke.

The love for this franchise is not aging well with the fanbase.
Too woke, now broke.
I really think they'd be well served to return to "monster of the week" and make each episode a short story.

It provides a bit of an immediate escape valve to higher-ups who want a narrative, but you can still be true to the series, and genre.

Get back to the basics, exploration, new and different challenges, storyline and conflicts. Not a long draw out neverending story with multiple episodes/seasons and if you miss one you become clueless what is going on. First ST was exploration with most episodes standing on their own and not having to tie everything together. It was new every show, Discovery story feels like your teeth are being pulled out one by one slowly.

Get back to the basics, exploration, new and different challenges, storyline and conflicts. Not a long draw out neverending story with multiple episodes/seasons and if you miss one you become clueless what is going on. First ST was exploration with most episodes standing on their own and not having to tie everything together. It was new every show, Discovery story feels like your teeth are being pulled out one by one slowly.
That will never happen. It would take too much creativity for them to come up with 10-12 STORIES per seasons instead of 1 story with a dozen struggle sessions

That will never happen. It would take too much creativity for them to come up with 10-12 STORIES per seasons instead of 1 story with a dozen struggle sessions
Like a damn forced side quest that you don't want to do when you just want to finish the main quest making your character do things he/she wouldnt normally do.

You cant blame them. I have seen so many shows try to do that and they kinda fail if they don't have overall story arch. It will probably get canceled quick lol.

As I have mentioned before, I don't mind the series as much as others have. I didn't really notice any political agendas throughout the series, at least nothing obvious.

I mean, sure, they had a gay couple, and what I presume is a trans couple (or at least gender ambiguous) but these people exist in every day life outside of drama and TV shows, so their absence would have been even more conspicuous than their presence. They also had a couple of strong leading women, but also some strong leading men. No biggie. They have to portray the show in a way that feels real to the target audience, and these things are part of young peoples every day lives today, so without them it wouldn't have felt real.

The cameo by Stacy Abrams was a bit much though. That totally rubbed me the wrong way. I don't even mind her politics (please don't turn this comment into a political argument and get the thread shut down or worse), but I wish they hadn't yanked U.S. politics and all of its divisions and inserted it into my space soap opera.

Star Trek is supposed to be my break from the constant exhausting barrage of divisive politics.

As I have mentioned before, I don't mind the series as much as others have. I didn't really notice any political agendas throughout the series, at least nothing obvious.

I mean, sure, they had a gay couple, and what I presume is a trans couple (or at least gender ambiguous) but these people exist in every day life outside of drama and TV shows, so their absence would have been even more conspicuous than their presence. They also had a couple of strong leading women, but also some strong leading men. No biggie. They have to portray the show in a way that feels real to the target audience, and these things are part of young peoples every day lives today, so without them it wouldn't have felt real.

The cameo by Stacy Abrams was a bit much though. That totally rubbed me the wrong way. I don't even mind her politics (please don't turn this comment into a political argument and get the thread shut down or worse), but I wish they hadn't yanked U.S. politics and all of its divisions and inserted it into my space soap opera.

Star Trek is supposed to be my break from the constant exhausting barrage of divisive politics.
Honestly i had no idea who that was. She came on the screen and i just thought this feels like some kind of reveal but whoever she is is terrible at acting and i am not getting what they are trying to show. But now that i know, i agree that was pretty stupid and lame imo.

Yea, I didn't mind her but I knew something felt off. Now I know why lmao. I just realized when you named her. Its perfectly fine to have a black leading women centuries from now but she just felt off because obviously she is not an actor. Other than that you are right I don't see much else that puts me off or anything political. I honestly never used to hear much of it 10 years ago we seem to be more politically charged these days, I just enjoy the show. But the Stacy Abrams felt off because the acting wasn't all natural lmao.

Why don't they ever find some nice aliens and have a respectful cultural exchange?

Why is star trek so worried about gay and trans when they could be promoting intra species sex and frivolity? Andorian women with huge antennae really get me going

Why don't they ever find some nice aliens and have a respectful cultural exchange?

Why is star trek so worried about gay and trans when they could be promoting intra species sex and frivolity? Andorian women with huge antennae really get me going
"to boldly go where no man has gone before"

one of the highlights of Enterprise. Hot Andorians. I haven't watched ST:D since s2, but any chance I may revisit was killed when Stacey Abrams made a guest appearance..../facepalm

one of the highlights of Enterprise. Hot Andorians. I haven't watched ST:D since s2, but any chance I may revisit was killed when Stacey Abrams made a guest appearance..../facepalm

I liked Enterprise. The first season was a little weird with the rebellious teen vs the Vulcans (more the Vulcans were emotional) plot but I don’t get the hate.

Also like you said:

1C67EF66-C4A2-48D8-A9DD-AE118CB8BAE9.jpeg

you mean like the force boundary at the edge of the galaxy to prevent anyone from leaving? lol
This was brought this up again? Simple. Call the Kelvans. They crossed the outer galactic barrier at least three times. Twice in a single episode.

Well, to be clear, her cameo was just that, a cameo. It wasnt used in any political way outside of some people recognizing her face, so if you can get beyond that, don't let that ruin something you were otherwise going to enjoy.

Well, to be clear, her cameo was just that, a cameo. It wasnt used in any political way outside of some people recognizing her face, so if you can get beyond that, don't let that ruin something you were otherwise going to enjoy.

I can agree with this. Didn't really care make it about politics just felt off in acting. I can live with that since it was short lived.

I honestly didn't even know who it was until people in Soapbox started getting upset about it...lol.

I honestly didn't even know who it was until people in Soapbox started getting upset about it...lol.
Hahaha. I found it reading the post here.I had this 6xt sense something is off I just didn’t know what it was lmao. Like seen her somewhere then I never cared to look and found out in post here Lmao.

discovery sucks donkey nuts

lets see here criminal gets reinstated as ensign and then makes captain by season 4? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL yeah sure...

lets see here criminal gets reinstated as ensign and then makes captain by season 4? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL yeah sure...
cool I guess you are not watching. Can respect that.

You mean like that time that Kirk kid got jumped up from Cadet to Captain? :p

I like the gay androgynous etc themes and don't mind the cameos. When I saw Stacey I thought it was her but in my mind I said no way. (go figure)

The story-lines have a lot wrong with them. Traitors being chosen over the hot chic to save the day. The incompetent omnipotent being / race not understanding basic ethics and simple mathematical real world equations used to communicate. Zora is even worse.

It truly is Disney's bitch now. The blurred lines between Star Trek Wars make me want to throw up. At least they haven't gone full *babyfication but everthing else is similar. The need to have world ending apocalyptic climaxes. The rogue hero that breaks all the rules without reason.

Babyfication - the need to have identifiable sentient baby characters that act like adults.

Rant over.

I did like the relationship between Saru and T'Rina, but I'll take Enterprise level relationships any day.

I don't mind the cameos, I don't mind some of the inclusiveness themes, but I cannot watch this show any longer because I cannot take more television about people crying, expressing their feeling and seeking therapy. The first half of this season was a hot mess with endless crying. The second half seemed better, until the finale. If I wanted to watch a television show about people constantly talking about their feelings, I'll just turn on Bachelor or some trash like that.

This season was like a crappy season-long version of The Arrival with worse acting, un-compelling characters who cried frequently while letting their emotions get in the way of their job time after time, wrapped around a story without any meaningful consequences or stakes that would make a viewer care. I felt like I was going through the motions, and my only saving grace was that toward the end, I could tell when a 75 second feelings/emotion scene was about to play out (case in point: any scene involving the doctor) and became rather practiced at forwarding past them.

I suspect that if someone took the full season, edited out the 80+% of filler and emotions and garbage relationship conversations, there's probably a decent 2 hour feature film in there.

I'm more cautiously optimistic about Picard S2, and at least Lower Decks knows exactly what it's trying to be and does it well.

Last edited:
Back