"Star Trek: Discovery" Renewed for Season 3

The fact you call it DISCO tells me everything I need to know. I'm quite happy continuing with my opinion, especially now you've just reinforced it, thanks very much!
2z5sqxj.jpg

“Tells me everything I need to know” ... like what exactly? That I am able to read the text on a characters shirt?

second season definitely better than the first, which was a shit show imo, and doesnt say much for the current state of STD(yes STD). Still some pretty derp characters they need to just kill off imo. Really glad anson mount is pike, hes great as a captain and probably the only reason ive gotten through s2.

After I saw the ship needs sections to spin and flip itself over in a disco light poof while scrubs manually load canisters in the over-sized mushroom drive bay while a pale dude looks like he desperately needs some visine to generate drama... Yeah not for me.

DISCO indeed.

I don't understand the need to molest old properties when creating a show that does what this does in its own universe would actually be a welcome change. You're not anchored by lore.

Oh yeah modern writers
1) have no originality
2) want to crap on old properties to erase what they were because everything before today is evil.

I wouldn't say that Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is good, however when you compare it to Season 1 you'll find that it's not quite so bad. Season 1 was a complete dumpster fire. Season 2? Not so much. I'm not saying that Season 2 doesn't have any issues, no sir.

Happy to see that the show is getting a season 3. The show gets a ton of hate but is nothing new as several of the other TV shows got a lot of hate as well. TNG was the one series that recovered the fastest from it. Still know " trekkie fans " that still hate on Voyager, Enterprise & Deep Space Nice to this day lol. :ROFLMAO:

I find it good enough to watch, which is rare these days.
Really impressed by the quality of the shots and effects which usually kills stuff like this for me, even AAA movies often have effects that is so bad I get a bad taste in my mouth.
Star Trek series seems to do them well without dropping the quality of them season over season.

I love Discovery, it's fun to watch, although it doesn't hold up to The Expanse.

The Expanse was epic! altered carbon too.

I'm really enjoying Discovery. Don't care for The Orville much but it's close enough to Star Trek I'll continue to watch.

View attachment 145845

“Tells me everything I need to know” ... like what exactly? That I am able to read the text on a characters shirt?
I’m not getting in to this with you. Your previous statement was more than enough to tell me where a ‘conversation’ with you would go.

Last edited:
Possibly not so renewed after all:

That was the first thing I thought when the S3 announcement came. I said that we will see how popular it is, by how many episodes, and what budget it gets. I hope Doomcock is right, I really do. This STD needs a cure.

But I have to say that I’m really worried about what a BadRobot Picard series is going to do to the franchise. I don’t think it can survive if it’s yet another 25% not Trek, and shits all over previously established characters and canon.

This is a new/good video for true Trek fans... Robert Meyer Burnett weighs in on the Trek Licencing and, at the same time, rips STD a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meeho
like this
But I have to say that I’m really worried about what a BadRobot Picard series is going to do to the franchise. I don’t think it can survive if it’s yet another 25% not Trek, and shits all over previously established characters and canon.
I'm not worried at all. Seeing who's involved and the property rights issues, I know it will be shit hence don't care.

Protip: Hating something that others like, or is popular, does make you an interesting person.
How about hating something that can objectively be argued to be shit TV series and killed one of the most beloved franchises in the world at the same time? And I don't care how much you like it or not, it did kill Start Trek as we knew and loved for half a century and spawned some tangential offshoot that's similar by name only.

Protip: Hating something that others like, or is popular, does not make you an interesting person.
You listen to me. You have quite clearly stated your opinion on forum members that do not agree with your thoughts or ideologies. I will not answer you anymore, i know what you are trying to do, and I will not fall for you getting me banned.

Series totally sucs. I couldn't even get through 3 episodes of the 1st season. When I saw that the show cared more for politically correct bullet points of Hollywood than the story itself, it was enough for me to lose interest quickly. Both Star Trek and Star Wars suc eggs, and this comes from a space enthusiast. Too much tooty fruity and kix is for kids shit.

Someone had to bring politics in to it! lol

How about hating something that can objectively be argued to be shit TV series and killed one of the most beloved franchises in the world at the same time? And I don't care how much you like it or not, it did kill Start Trek as we knew and loved for half a century and spawned some tangential offshoot that's similar by name only.
You use the term objectively .... but in reality it is a subjective opinion. Why is it a subjective opinion? Because DISCO has been renewed for season 3 and the release, that indicated this, stated that subscription numbers, and fan feedback, far exceeded expectations. The vast majority of criticism of DISCO, which I have previously pointed out is entirely subjective which is why you see so many forum posters saying it is SJW, or people hating on something because they love to hate on things.

I mean people, on this forum, were complaining about Spock being EMO, when Spock hadn't even appeared in the TV show (until last week) except for a flashback sequence were Spock was a young child. It was yet another indication that those hating on the show ... had never actually watched it.

Last edited:
You use the term objectively .... but in reality it is a subjective opinion. Why is it a subjective opinion? Because DISCO has been renewed for season 3 and the release, that indicated this, stated that subscription numbers, and fan feedback, far exceeded expectations. The vast majority of criticism of DISCO, which I have previously pointed out is entirely subjective which is why you see so many forum posters saying it is SJW, or people hating on something because they love to hate on things.

I mean people, on this forum, were complaining about Spock being EMO, when Spock hadn't even appeared in the TV show (until last week) except for a flashback sequence were Spock was a young child. It was yet another indication that hose hating on the show ... had never actually watched it.

Season 2 has been a lot better. I like that Pike is around. The only episode that was cringy was the one where Tilly won a half marathon.... I am fine with her character, I enjoy her on the show, but what she is achieving in general is not realistic lol.

LOL just like the title says. Its a doomsday scenario from doomcock. lol
He and Midnight Edge did brake insider news before and have generally been on top of things regarding ST.

Last edited:
You use the term objectively .... but in reality it is a subjective opinion.
Script, characters, design, cinematography and sets can be argued objectively, as well as their relation to canon they lied to have respected.

Why is it a subjective opinion? Because DISCO has been renewed for season 3 and the release, that indicated this, stated that subscription numbers, and fan feedback, far exceeded expectations.
What are you talking about? The show is a commercial and view count failure, with bad viewer's scores, CBS All Access flopped because how bad it did, and outside investors like Netflix ran from it.

The vast majority of criticism of DISCO, which I have previously pointed out is entirely subjective which is why you see so many forum posters saying it is SJW, or people hating on something because they love to hate on things.
This doesn't even make sense as almost all user reviews are subjective in the end.
Or people hate it because it's really bad? Isn't that an option?

I mean people, on this forum, were complaining about Spock being EMO, when Spock hadn't even appeared in the TV show (until last week) except for a flashback sequence were Spock was a young child. It was yet another indication that those hating on the show ... had never actually watched it.
Anyone who likes Star Trek had to watch only the trailer for season two to know everything they needed to know about it.

Script, characters, design, cinematography and sets can be argued objectively, as well as their relation to canon they lied to have respected.

What are you talking about? The show is a commercial and view count failure, with bad viewer's scores, CBS All Access flopped because how bad it did, and outside investors like Netflix ran from it.

This doesn't even make sense as almost all user reviews are subjective in the end.
Or people hate it because it's really bad? Isn't that an option?

Anyone who likes Star Trek had to watch only the trailer for season two to know everything they needed to know about it.

That’s the thing. So called ‘fans’ of this show are worse than the show itself, and that’s really saying something! They simply do not respect others opinions, and turn it in to the usual SJW/NPC arguments where they call you a racist, sexist, homophobic white male, he has already alluded to it in his first post, complaining about most of the people in this forum having outdated ideas etc. He’s trying to bait people, and I know what he is going to do if I engage him, so I see no point in confirming what I think he is, and getting banned in the process, but I’m happy that your taking him, and his flimsy ‘nuTrek’ arguments that he is trying to bait us all with, on.

My position on STD - to call it by its Trek name, and not some sweaty male’s ‘70s dance club wet dream. Is that it is an abomination, one that has almost destroyed the franchise, and the fan base, and polluted it with these ‘nuTrek’ fans who found Star Trek <2009 too dull and boring, and needing far too much comprehension to follow. STD is cartoon Trek, with cartoon logic, for people that like flashing lights and loud sounds, and people shouting and killing each other simply because someone does not agree with the lead female character. It’s absolutely fine that they like it, but to call real Trek fans all the names under the sun if they dare say that they don’t like it tells you instantly that these people have no idea what they are talking about, and are just in it to wear their rainbow unicorn hats and shout diversity in one direction, and hater, racist, sexist, homophobe in the other, while preaching that Star Trek is all about IDIC.

These are the people killing Trek, just as much as the scum that is running the franchise at the moment, and it’s all over our pop culture now. Star Wars, Marvel, Star Trek, it goes on and on. These people are like locusts, they fly over, see something that they can consume, land on it, and destroy it for everyone, then move on to the next target. Captain Marvel is going to be the watershed moment for all genuine fans, because it’s failure may just put a stop to these people from destroying the things we love, but if it does really well, these locusts will become even more resolute to destroy everything we love. We will live in a world where simply being a white man is going to instantly mean you are either inept, stupid, racist, sexist, ignorant, the butt of all jokes - pretty much the Gillette advert, the marketing of Captain Marvel and Star Wars, where the force is female only, and if your a man, then your a joke, and not welcome anymore.

Last edited:
And here I thought "ST: D renewed" was code for being a regular customer.

i cant voice any opinion of the show as we cant watch it. Not paying for CBS all access for one show

waiting for the DVD's to come out on netflix.

That’s the thing. So called ‘fans’ of this show are worse than the show itself, and that’s really saying something! They simply do not respect others opinions, and turn it in to the usual SJW/NPC arguments where they call you a racist, sexist, homophobic white male, he has already alluded to it in his first post, complaining about most of the people in this forum having outdated ideas etc. He’s trying to bate people, and I know what he is going to do if I engage him, so I see no point in confirming what I think he is, and getting banned in the process, but I’m happy that your taking him, and his flimsy ‘nuTrek’ arguments that he is trying to bait us all with, on..

I'm not trying to do anything. Posters on this forum are doing it themselves. Go back and take a look at the thread about season 2 airing. The very first post was complaining about SJW,(that was actually all the poster said) and it continued throughout the thread. The same thing has occurred in this thread, on initial glance, of the first page of this thread, there are 6 posts complain about DISCO being PC or SJW. I'm just point out a rather inconvenient truth for this forum.

Reactions: TMCM
like this
Enjoying DISCO so far. It is amazing how out of touch this forum proves itself to be, on so many fronts.

Out of touch? LOL!
Nihilism is their root ideology, so not surprised.

Yes, I can understand that. I had no issues with the new movies because they were entertaining and kept the basic character interaction intact. (I read hundreds of ST books as well, which is why I liked the movies.) This new show just is not good at all and the attempt to twist cannon into something it was not just does not sit well with me. (The movies changed direction and did not try to twist cannon.)

Season 1: Rehashed, retold, and reused plots seen in just about every other Star Trek series. Nice Federation ship designs. Overall, watchable but disappointing.

Season 2: Much better than season 1. Again, the plots and stories aren't as original as they could/should be. I really wish they could make a series of Star Trek that doesn't rely on or fall back to tachyon particles and/or time travel as a plot device. SciFi doesn't need it. Overall, more fun to watch than season 1.

If you can see it without having to buy a subscription, it is fun to watch. Is it worth $10 a month and another subscription service? No, definitely not.

They've already 'resurrected' two dead characters. I fully expect Lorca to come back in season 3, just because 'reasons'. If they can bring back some guy from the dead b/c of a single tear, or pull out someone from another dimension, anything can be done.
They should have called this show something else besides Star Trek, b/c it is nothing like it except in name only. Season 2 is only better b/c they mostly left out the abomination "klingons" for most of it. The script isn't the greatest, the plot isn't the greatest, they changed so much (like the klingons - which don't look, act, sound, dress, or have ships that look remotely like anything that has been established for decades) that they should have just been called some other species. I also don't know how they have such advanced ships and technology if this was suppose to happen before the original star trek took place.
I wonder if those people that "love" the show actually watched all of the original, TNG, DS9 etc. If so I'd really like to know how they got to the conclusion of how great it is compared to those past shows.

I wonder if those people that "love" the show actually watched all of the original, TNG, DS9 etc. If so I'd really like to know how they got to the conclusion of how great it is compared to those past shows.
I wouldn't say that I love the show, it's an OK show; I'll watch it. It's not at all the complete dumpster fire that so many people here think it is. And yes, I'm an original Star Trek fan. I've seen all of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. If you ask me my favorite is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

I just saw this on YouTube and thought some of you would find it interesting to say the least:

Too bad he couldn't sue it out of existence.

Worse ST show ever. Lead actress is terrible.

Too bad he couldn't sue it out of existence.

Worse ST show ever. Lead actress is terrible.

I thought she's doing pretty well considering what character she has to play.

In any case, it's not as bad as TNG

Best ST is Voyager. Tuvok, Doctor, 7 of 9, Janeway, Chaotica.

I thought she's doing pretty well considering what character she has to play.

Sure the writings bad too. But she over-acts every scene to the point of distraction. Worse actor/actress on the show.

In any case, it's not as bad as TNG

Best ST is Voyager. Tuvok, Doctor, 7 of 9, Janeway, Chaotica.

Yeah, Discovery is right up there with Voyager. ;)

They both hover near the bottom for me.

DS9 is the best Star Trek. TNG is second. Patrick Stewart is probably the best actor in any Star Trek series, but he couldn't carry the show by himself. Best episodes are centered on Picard.

Sure the writings bad too. But she over-acts every scene to the point of distraction. Worse actor/actress on the show.

Yeah, Discovery is right up there with Voyager. ;)

They both hover near the bottom for me.

DS9 is the best Star Trek. TNG is second. Patrick Stewart is probably the best actor in any Star Trek series, but he couldn't carry the show by himself. Best episodes are centered on Picard.

OK, him and Data. That's it. Voyager only has 3 good seasons - the final ones - but that's still good. Discovery had an amazing first season with a consistently cheaper and boring second season. S2 was on par with regular TNG.

Back