“Star Trek 4” Rumored to Feature Female Villain, New Female Hero

So casting a female to have any role in a movie makes it be a shit movie 100% of the time. Got it.
I mean if you are trying to make this post a contender for dumbest thing posted this year, this is a pretty good candidate. See this is the kind of stupid ass crap I'm talking about. Here is a mock movie title for you. New Star Trek film to star a all white male cast and be directed by a white male. That sounds pretty racist and sexist doesn't it? Yea it does. Well guess what? Insert any combination of race or sex in there and it still sounds racist and sexist. This is nothing more than virtue signaling by people shouting "Hey look at us! we are diversified! I don't care what race or sex the cast and director are. I care that the characters are well written, well acted and well directed. I don't care if that is done by a man, woman or a computer. When you see a movie announcement you are accustomed to seeing "Star trek, Starring Actor name, Directed by Director name. Not this SJW bullshit of "Star trek, Starring Women directed by Women" I want a good movie..not pandering bullshit.

People are stating in plain English that they want well written characters regardless of race/gender, and that's what you think is happening at [H]?
That's how you think this thread went down? Try re-reading the first page. One must be completely blind to see the anti-sjw / anti-women shit that infects any thread it can 'round here.

Last edited:
That's how you think this thread went down? Try re-reading the first page. One must be completely blind to see the anti-sjw / anti-women shit that infects any thread it can 'round here.
Anti-SJW does not mean "anti-women", unless I guess you have the mindset of an SJW.

"We want well written characters that have traits besides being female, and we're tired of hollywood having nothing to announce other than women existing"
"MISOGYNIST!!!"

That's how this thread has actually gone down, try re-reading the thing without your absurd bias.

Here's a thought. Considering most of these poorly marketed dumpsterfire SJW movies can't seem to make much money compared to other movies that aren't marketed as such, do you really believe 2/3 of the US is a bunch of women hating misogynists? If you do, you're a fool. Furthermore, women are not a "minority", seeing as how they account for half of the population. Instead of accepting the idea that people are growing tired of the constant bleating of a vocal minority(SJWs) and are avoiding them more and more, do you instead just lump everyone into the nazi category? Probably not, so stop pretending everyone who doesn't own a wardrobe consisting of <insert supposedly marginalized group here> empowerment shirts is some sort of evil woman, minority, gender, ethnicity, race, etc. hater.

See below. I believe you need to read this a few times to get it.

Anti-SJW does not mean "anti-women", unless I guess you have the mindset of an SJW.

"We want well written characters that have traits besides being female, and we're tired of hollywood having nothing to announce other than women existing"
"MISOGYNIST!!!"

That's how this thread has actually gone down, try re-reading the thing without your absurd bias.

Here's a thought. Considering most of these poorly marketed dumpsterfire SJW movies can't seem to make much money compared to other movies that aren't marketed as such, do you really believe 2/3 of the US is a bunch of women hating misogynists? If you do, you're a fool. Furthermore, women are not a "minority", seeing as how they account for half of the population. Instead of accepting the idea that people are growing tired of the constant bleating of a vocal minority(SJWs) and are avoiding them more and more, do you instead just lump everyone into the nazi category? Probably not, so stop pretending everyone who doesn't own a wardrobe consisting of <insert supposedly marginalized group here> empowerment shirts is some sort of evil woman, minority, gender, ethnicity, race, etc. hater.

Thank you.

I must have hit pretty close to the mark to get the incels so rilled up.

Yes, you were spot on ignoring the vast majority of posts that want a movie to thrive on the merit of good acting and directing rather than virtue signaling, then insulting all of the forum.

You know someone is winning when they resort to name calling rather than logic and facts.

Who are these incels you keep talking about? I know incel means involuntarily celibate, but I am wondering how you know who is or is not, and what that has to do with the fact that Hollywood seems to be needlessly pointing out the sex/race/sexuality/preferences of the characters. Especially when those things don't really matter to most of us so long as the movie is good. As a bonus, if they would stop trying to rub our noses in their world vision when all we want is to be entertained, that would be great too. All it does is lower my expectations for a film. Lower it enough and it becomes a "maybe I will netflix it someday", sort of thing.

Who are these incels you keep talking about? I know incel means involuntarily celibate, but I am wondering how you know who is or is not, and what that has to do with the fact that Hollywood seems to be needlessly pointing out the sex/race/sexuality/preferences of the characters. Especially when those things don't really matter to most of us so long as the movie is good. As a bonus, if they would stop trying to rub our noses in their world vision when all we want is to be entertained, that would be great too. All it does is lower my expectations for a film. Lower it enough and it becomes a "maybe I will netflix it someday", sort of thing.

What's actually hilarious about this guy referring to regular people as incels, is that he seems to be one of those types that goes so far out of their way to be offended by everything possible no matter what, who do you think the incel actually is?

Yeah, no, that is not what he said. Compare Alien(s) to Ghostbusters 2016, one movie is shit because they casted females for the sake of casting females and the other is a timeless classic because they casted the right person for the role.

The problem with your examples is that we don’t know how the movies will be will after they are released. A headline of female cast in movie does not in any way , shape or form tell you if it will be like Aliens or like Ghostbusters. So how do you know just from knowing that 2 new females were cast in the movie that is going to make it shit compares to if two males where cast instead?

I mean if you are trying to make this post a contender for dumbest thing posted this year, this is a pretty good candidate. See this is the kind of stupid ass crap I'm talking about. Here is a mock movie title for you. New Star Trek film to star a all white male cast and be directed by a white male. That sounds pretty racist and sexist doesn't it? Yea it does. Well guess what? Insert any combination of race or sex in there and it still sounds racist and sexist. This is nothing more than virtue signaling by people shouting "Hey look at us! we are diversified! I don't care what race or sex the cast and director are. I care that the characters are well written, well acted and well directed. I don't care if that is done by a man, woman or a computer. When you see a movie announcement you are accustomed to seeing "Star trek, Starring Actor name, Directed by Director name. Not this SJW bullshit of "Star trek, Starring Women directed by Women" I want a good movie..not pandering bullshit.

The person you replied to was talking about all the people jumping on the bandwagon of calling everything a SJW action. Your reply was that the reason people are always jumping on the sjw hate bandwagon is because they hate shit movies. The problem is that you are basing the movie then being shit before it is made on nothing more than gender or race. So you are trying to argue both sides.

In this case all that was stated is that they are casting two female roles in the movie, one bad and one good. Somehow you find a way to twist that news into something negative and to be a valid reason to claim the bitch directing this movie is a SJW cunt creating another piece of shit. All because a women has two new female parts to cast. If you truely didn’t care then would need more than a casting call to judge a movie being shit.

The problem with your examples is that we don’t know how the movies will be will after they are released. A headline of female cast in movie does not in any way , shape or form tell you if it will be like Aliens or like Ghostbusters. So how do you know just from knowing that 2 new females were cast in the movie that is going to make it shit compares to if two males where cast instead?

The person you replied to was talking about all the people jumping on the bandwagon of calling everything a SJW action. Your reply was that the reason people are always jumping on the sjw hate bandwagon is because they hate shit movies. The problem is that you are basing the movie then being shit before it is made on nothing more than gender or race. So you are trying to argue both sides.

In this case all that was stated is that they are casting two female roles in the movie, one bad and one good. Somehow you find a way to twist that news into something negative and to be a valid reason to claim the bitch directing this movie is a SJW cunt creating another piece of shit. All because a women has two new female parts to cast. If you truely didn’t care then would need more than a casting call to judge a movie being shit.

Find me a movie that says "We are casting men in 2 roles" in the way this movie did. When you don't find one, read what I wrote again so it registers.

I would only consider watching this if Admiral Janeway was the main character. That ain't happening though.

Explain why the need to announce that the movie is casting women. For a hell of a long time women have been cast in movies. Women have been protagonists and antagonists and done perfectly fine in both roles.

How is pointing out that women have been cast is not some sort of SJW agenda? It's definitely not a new phenomenon yet the announcement acts as if it is. The announcement and the reasoning behind the announcement are the points of contention.

Please answer the questions so the rest of us can be enlightened. We obviously do not understand why something which has been done in thousands of movies across many decades is somehow special enough to make an announcement of.

Find me a movie that says "We are casting men in 2 roles" in the way this movie did. When you don't find one, read what I wrote again so it registers.

Explain why the need to announce that the movie is casting women. For a hell of a long time women have been cast in movies. Women have been protagonists and antagonists and done perfectly fine in both roles.

How is pointing out that women have been cast is not some sort of SJW agenda? It's definitely not a new phenomenon yet the announcement acts as if it is. The announcement and the reasoning behind the announcement are the points of contention.

Please answer the questions so the rest of us can be enlightened. We obviously do not understand why something which has been done in thousands of movies across many decades is somehow special enough to make an announcement of.

There is a difference between a studio making a public statement about something and a site going out of their way to make a statement then a forum going out of their way to report on the news. The fact that a site decided to make something a big deal doesn't mean that the studio is. If I go out of my way to report on every little thing that my neighbors do (what time they wake up, what they eat for breakfast, what rooms they are walking between....) does that make them conceded people that think that everyone in the world cares about every little thing they do since it is posted on the internet, or does that make me a fucking creep that is staking my neighbors? By the logic of you two, I am perfectly normal and my neighbors are the fucked up ones in my example.

There is a difference between a studio making a public statement about something and a site going out of their way to make a statement then a forum going out of their way to report on the news. The fact that a site decided to make something a big deal doesn't mean that the studio is. If I go out of my way to report on every little thing that my neighbors do (what time they wake up, what they eat for breakfast, what rooms they are walking between....) does that make them conceded people that think that everyone in the world cares about every little thing they do since it is posted on the internet, or does that make me a fucking creep that is staking my neighbors? By the logic of you two, I am perfectly normal and my neighbors are the fucked up ones in my example.
Outside of things like earnings reports being publicly traded companies, studios do NOT just make public statements unless there is some sort of marketing angle involved.

If every other movie that was ever made before this only had male actors in it. Then it would be newsworthy. But this site is only reporting about other sites reporting it. Why is this even a headline in itself?

Don’t confuse watching hot women, I.E. Scarlett Johansson, for your pleasure as having a stance on watching any woman in any role.
I watch movies for pleasure, period. Aren't you? So now there is an obligation to suffer trough watching ugly women, who can't even act in the service of being PC? Fuck that. Which part of the concept of "Entertainment" can't fit in the stupid empty head of SJWs? It's purpose is to entertain. If it doesn't entertain, I won't watch it. And excuse me, but ugly women don't entertain me in any way shape or form. News flash: I don't want watch ugly fat men in movies either. Why isn't there an outcry about putting them in leading roles?

bla bla bla bla bla ... what matters is that they add a woman that looks like Zarebeth

image.jpg

Anyone else see the Netflix show altered carbon?
I love the show, and it had a black heroine and a latino heroine, a tolerant muslim police officer that died heroically saving an infidel, featured a gay couple, it labled all the religious people in it as essentially waco, you could swap bodies at the drop of a hat, so your sex and gender really were choices, the primary villain was an asian woman, that was also an 8 year old white girl, and early 30's white woman, and a 40ish year old black man. It also featured an interracial and later intersex couple.
You really do not get much more diverse than Altered Carbon. I still enjoyed the series. Prolly because it was well written and mostly well acted and the creators did not come out on social media to tell me how woke they were. Does anyone see where I am going with this?
Anyone claiming we are some sort of phobe or ist, because we are skeptical when this sort of marketing is used, or a shows makers come out and wax political about the show, are the problem. Make a good show and stfu about your politics and maybe we will be able to just enjoy the show. Marketing a show on it's wokeness will just annoy people.

STFU and entertain us.

Anyone else see the Netflix show altered carbon?
I love the show, and it had a black heroine and a latino heroine, a tolerant muslim police officer that died heroically saving an infidel, featured a gay couple, it labled all the religious people in it as essentially waco, you could swap bodies at the drop of a hat, so your sex and gender really were choices, the primary villain was an asian woman, that was also an 8 year old white girl, and early 30's white woman, and a 40ish year old black man. It also featured an interracial and later intersex couple.
You really do not get much more diverse than Altered Carbon. I still enjoyed the series. Prolly because it was well written and mostly well acted and the creators did not come out on social media to tell me how woke they were. Does anyone see where I am going with this?
Anyone claiming we are some sort of phobe or ist, because we are skeptical when this sort of marketing is used, or a shows makers come out and wax political about the show, are the problem. Make a good show and stfu about your politics and maybe we will be able to just enjoy the show. Marketing a show on it's wokeness will just annoy people.

STFU and entertain us.

I did and it was absolutely excellent.

Back