Star Citizen's single player game delayed again

So it will be available in 2016 though right?
I thought it was supposed to be out in 2015.

I'm so glad I didn't give Roberts any money. Only procrastination kept me from handing over my cash.

I gotta wonder WTF hasn't EQ rebooted WC? I know they're the studio everyone loves to hate, but they're way more competent than Roberts at delivering a product and honestly all they'd need to do is make a modern version of WC with a new story. I miss WC-WC IV

I thought it was supposed to be out in 2015.

I'm so glad I didn't give Roberts any money. Only procrastination kept me from handing over my cash.

I gotta wonder WTF hasn't EQ rebooted WC? I know they're the studio everyone loves to hate, but they're way more competent than Roberts at delivering a product and honestly all they'd need to do is make a modern version of WC with a new story. I miss WC-WC IV

If EA brought back the WC IP it would just be as a shitty mobile game. Look at what they did with C&C.

Here's some random, and useless, pieces of trivia to give you a reference point for how long this game has been in development.

Development began around the time that Skyrim was originally released (which has had approximately 384 re-releases of various types on various platforms since).

Witcher 2 released that same year and The Witcher 3 will be celebrating it's 5th anniversary before the latest SQ42 deadline.

World of Warcraft players were 'enjoying' the Cataclysm expansion, which has since been followed by four more plus a Classic version.

EA have released four more Battlefield games.

An entire Star Wars trilogy will have been announced, produced and released (even the blu ray version) in the same time frame.

The first episode of Game of Thrones premiered, starting eight seasons of tits and dragons.

That's how long Star Citizen has been stumbling along now. It's going to be at least six years late, based on Chris Roberts' original deadline, and has missed countless deadlines since. Yet people are still pumping money into it. You'd have been called crazy if you predicted this long of a development cycle back when the the Kickstarter was ongoing.

Why don't folks realize that releasing the game doesn't fit into their business plan to keep charging for models - and the demand for models is still there. Once the demand for models dries up, watch... the game will magically go gold.

Different game, the single player game is called Squadron 42, Star Citizen is the MMO that was only supposed to be made after the SP game is released, but ofc they changed that plan the minute the original kickstarter ended. You can't sell virtual ships for a single player game for real cash. At least you couldn't in 2012.

H
You'd have been called crazy if you predicted this long of a development cycle back when the the Kickstarter was ongoing.
The devotes still call you crazy if you criticize how long the development takes, and how little is achieved until now.

Different game, the single player game is called Squadron 42, Star Citizen is the MMO
True, but on one hand most know it as Star Citizen, and on the other we all know both are being delayed. I have amended the title, though.

Last edited:
Here's some random, and useless, pieces of trivia to give you a reference point for how long this game has been in development.

Development began around the time that Skyrim was originally released (which has had approximately 384 re-releases of various types on various platforms since).

Witcher 2 released that same year and The Witcher 3 will be celebrating it's 5th anniversary before the latest SQ42 deadline.

World of Warcraft players were 'enjoying' the Cataclysm expansion, which has since been followed by four more plus a Classic version.

EA have released four more Battlefield games.

An entire Star Wars trilogy will have been announced, produced and released (even the blu ray version) in the same time frame.

The first episode of Game of Thrones premiered, starting eight seasons of tits and dragons.

That's how long Star Citizen has been stumbling along now. It's going to be at least six years late, based on Chris Roberts' original deadline, and has missed countless deadlines since. Yet people are still pumping money into it. You'd have been called crazy if you predicted this long of a development cycle back when the the Kickstarter was ongoing.

It's been in production so long that had Roberts gotten charged and went to a German prison on the fraud charges he was guilty of. He would have already been released and working again. Hell his co fraudsters are out and back to work. (I kid you not Andreas Grosch is working as a unit manager in Germany, worked on Babylon Berlin last year. Good on him though back to work after 10 or so years fighting and doing time on fraud charges and back to making movies. lol) Who knows now that the VIP guys are all on the street and apparently working again... I'm sure Roberts is looking for his out of CIG so he can get back to "making" movies and ripping off Euro investors. lol

Okay. I'll stuff some hundred dollar bills in an envelope and mail it in. Maybe that will do it?

LOL Did they really do such promotion !?
pic_disp.jpg

I'm going to direct everyone here. It's a fantastic game, not a scam, and, they just released an update so it's really multiplayer now. Best $60 I've ever spent, put over 100 hours into it, and, I've barely scratched the surface.

Last edited:
that guy in the pic is going to have a hell of a lot more grey hair when we get word that it's delayed again.

The actor (Mark Hamill) who plays that guy will probably die of old age before the next episode of Squadron 42 comes out. Hope they planned to kill off his character in this episode, because it would be awkward if they had to change his voice and motion capturing partway through.

Grandma died last year and left me $30K. So in her honor, I went out and picked up the Legatus Package. I just couldn't help myself. It was like I was watching someone else do it from the third person when I clicked the "purchase" button. I don't know what came over me. But I'm in all the way now. I'm living in Robert's universe to the hilt.

please excuse this copypasta, credit to jdreyer bluesnews forums

I'm pretty sure I still have the card in the 290's box. I forgot to activate it now almost 5 years ago.

This wasn't a launch gift was it? I had a total of 6 reference 290s that I bought from launch day to a few weeks out (roughly mid October so a few weeks before LTC went nuts driving up prices on any GCN based part.

I dont remember getting anything but the free BF4, and NE only gave that out after they sold the cards for a few days first.

Grandma died last year and left me $30K. So in her honor, I went out and picked up the Legatus Package. I just couldn't help myself. It was like I was watching someone else do it from the third person when I clicked the "purchase" button. I don't know what came over me. But I'm in all the way now. I'm living in Robert's universe to the hilt.

jesus fucking christ the balls on this Chris guy.

guy must carry them around in a fucking wheelbarrow or some shit.

fuck me.

This wasn't a launch gift was it? I had a total of 6 reference 290s that I bought from launch day to a few weeks out (roughly mid October so a few weeks before LTC went nuts driving up prices on any GCN based part.

I dont remember getting anything but the free BF4, and NE only gave that out after they sold the cards for a few days first.

I got a MSI R9 290 twin frozr card in late October 2014 if I remember right when they started going on sale for $250-275. It came with that Civ5 spin off Beyond Earth, SC and something else I think.

I'm sold, put me down for to Legatus Packages.

Back