Star Citizen’s New Planet-Sized Cities Unveiled at Citizen Con

How many other space sims have been created since yesterday? I heard the time table was 3-6 months, but im pretty sure thats a load of crap. Takes 3-6 hours at most with a small dev team.

The biggest problem with SC is mission creep essentially. I think they've probably had enough to put out an initial game for ages, which could then have been expanded upon with, um, expansion packs. However, they've gotten caught up in the creep and because new things keep getting added and need to be QC'd/further developed, it's become a bit of a runaway snowball.

I honestly just have to shake my head at the whole scam posts, I mean seriously.

How much more open can they be with the development of the game? You can literally look at their internal pipeline and see all of the things they are working on, etc as well as all the work over the years that they'v ebeen doing to the game.

Do people think you can build a super expansive huge game on the scope of what SC was pitched as in a year or two from the ground up with a new studio?

I mean yes, I'd like the game to come out asap, but some people really make it sound like they aren't working on anything and are just sipping martini's in key largo or something.

The biggest problem with SC is mission creep essentially. I think they've probably had enough to put out an initial game for ages, which could then have been expanded upon with, um, expansion packs. However, they've gotten caught up in the creep and because new things keep getting added and need to be QC'd/further developed, it's become a bit of a runaway snowball.

Exactly this. Anyone with any sort of professional software experience can see it. It just reeks of a bunch of guys sitting round going “wouldn’t it be cool if?”

It would be, it’d be fucking cool. Thing is, that’s why we have product managers, to keep it targeted and never even scope, let alone announce to customers, something we don’t know how to do nor what it will take.

Get it out the door and build on it. Get your core loops nailed, figure out how to do 64 bit positioning with large numbers of distributed clients (this is monumentally difficult and clearly one of their problems) Make combat super satisfying and you’ll be loved. Then look at fps’s, planetary things and stupidly complex ships that only appeal to a fraction of your user base and at least a year after launch unless your progression is fucked.

Go to any investor, literally any, they will tell you vision and ideas (Which Chris Roberts has in spades) are next to useless. Execution is the only thing that matters. He has proven repeatedly throughout his career that his execution is piss poor. He should not be in charge.

I’d be embarrassed to work there, truly

Developers show demo of what they are working on. Low IQ crew is upset that it isnt the full game.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Star Citizen. The development is extremely complex, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the features will go over a typical gamer's head. There's also Chris's visionary outlook, which is deftly woven into his management - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these promises, to realize that they're not just unprecedented- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Star Citizen truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the significance in Chris's existencial catchphrase "Best Damn Space Sim Ever," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Chris Robert's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have The Completionist $15,000 package. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within $5000 of my own pledge (preferably lower) beforehand.

Yeah, no game here ... nothing to see ... total scam.

Yeah , I mean, this guy just went from a city to a space station without loading screens or lack of detail, but pfft ... they aren't doing anything but partying with the money.

Meanwhile ...

Elite Dangerous:

No Mans Sky:

How can you argue with people who don't understand the difference between screenshots and an actual fully featured working software? And you talk about understanding that development takes time, when you have literally zero understanding of software development.

How many other space sims have been created since yesterday? I heard the time table was 3-6 months, but im pretty sure thats a load of crap. Takes 3-6 hours at most with a small dev team.
Nice try at straw-manning. Have you no shame at all?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Star Citizen. The development is extremely complex, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the features will go over a typical gamer's head. There's also Chris's visionary outlook, which is deftly woven into his management - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these promises, to realize that they're not just unprecedented- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Star Citizen truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the significance in Chris's existencial catchphrase "Best Damn Space Sim Ever," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Chris Robert's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have The Completionist $15,000 package. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within $5000 of my own pledge (preferably lower) beforehand.

Can we close this thread now?

You must be talking about the free to play mobile apps on itunes or google play because it takes 3-6 hours just to model a single character correctly in your favorite 3D modeling software.
You are either clearly just a troll or just simply ignorant in how you think you " pwn f00s with your ep1c c0meb@cks ". Not one time during this whole cluster F#$% of a thread have you had any semblance of a rational argument for what you are trying to argue.
The game is severely behind in development cycle and everyone here but like 3 people can see that. You and your buddies just plain ignore what people are telling you. I hope for your sake you actually have invest money in this game for real because if you are raging about this with no personal investment then you really are a fool.
Don't you have some homework to work on or something?

This is a lazy excuse. Just imagine if every developer delayed their product to include everything in their vision. Nothing would ever get released.

DOS, Windows 3, Windows 95, etc.. no successful development continues on indefinite iteration without first releasing something to iterate on. You call that version 1.

This game's development seems content with moving the post of where that version 1 should be and therefore we're here with this game: 5 years on and not much to show for it but playable tech demos. It's an ambitious premise and I hope to play it one day but their development and management of the game sucks.

Isn't it weird how much No Man's Sky has come along since release? I am sure what No Man's Sky is today is what they envisioned it to be when released, but they took a risk and released No Man's Sky very unfinished when they did (to hugh disappointment) and have been steadily updating the game with great features since release. Sure it doesn't look as nice as SC, or have as much depth, but the point is that they released SOMETHING. Even Elite Dangerous seems more complete with planetary landings and other things. I have been tempted to buy into SC over the years, but I was really turned off last year when they had a "free to play" weekend, and what I saw was a fucking nightmare. No tutorials, huge bugs, stability problems, frame-rate drops, no content, no idea what to do and/or how to do it. When I would ask for help, the community told me to go look at guides and YouTube videos. Are you fucking serious? A game that doesn't help you and get you started on how to play? One guide I found on how to play online was like a god damn book, and it wasn't even written by the developers, but by some serious fans. The whole thing is a running joke and everyone knows it. When/If SC gets released I will gladly buy it to peak my curiosity, but I highly highly dislike the direction the project is going and the way they are doing it.

This game gets me so mad. If there is an update im instantly pissed the entire day. When I read that someone is enjoying it im raging on my keyboard to tell them they are wrong. Impressive new tech shown? Punch the monitor. Someone destroys my arguments with facts, logic, and reason? Pfffttt, just ignore it and hold course.

All of this has been done before in 3-6 months, there are no gameplay videos, search functions dont work on the internet, the demo isnt the full game, Chris Roberts has too much money and did 9/11. All of this points to S.C.A.M.

This game gets me so mad. If there is an update im instantly pissed the entire day. When I read that someone is enjoying it im raging on my keyboard to tell them they are wrong. Impressive new tech shown? Punch the monitor. Someone destroys my arguments with facts, logic, and reason? Pfffttt, just ignore it and hold course.

All of this has been done before in 3-6 months, there are no gameplay videos, search functions dont work on the internet, the demo isnt the full game, Chris Roberts has too much money and did 9/11. All of this points to S.C.A.M.
What demo? If you are refering to the 100 gb tech demo they release that was the full "game" knuckle head....there is no "demo" ever made that take that amount of space. You are amazing terrible at sarcastic arguments.

What demo? If you are refering to the 100 gb tech demo they release that was the full "game" knuckle head....there is no "demo" ever made that take that amount of space. You are amazing terrible at sarcastic arguments.
Finally someone else gets it. Demos are categorized by download size. Scam, 3-6 months.

Developers show demo of what they are working on. Low IQ crew is upset that it isnt the full game.
Only following this thread because it is hilarious, but at this point love the low IQ "burn" by far the most. Please reference the folks who bring up "huge IQs" and those who don't; it's incredible how easy it is to decipher the intelligent and the not so intelligent. Only a 13 year old doesn't sound foolish when referencing IQ.

No facts, logic or reason have been presented in any of your posts here. Just because you say something does not make it any of those things, and it is your responsibility as the one to argue these points to back them up with third party information and (this is critical) links.

Hold the fucking phone, guys

Star Citizen has partnered with the My Radar weather app

"This latest partnership will allow users of the app to explore three of the new moons (Yela, Cellin and Daymar ) in the upcoming 3.0 update directly on the My Radar app."

Alright, put me down for a $700 ship ASAP.

Wow, I'm glad I never got on this hype train, color me jaded but too many amazing yet cancelled games in the 90's.

Still, this is absolutely worth visiting the forum posts and reddit pages, makes me realize just how easy it would be to start a cult.

Hold the fucking phone, guys I gotta bring more needless and false hate

It says in the article that MyRadar came to Star Citizen with the idea:

“Andy Green and his MyRadar team came to us with the idea to include elements of Star CitizenAlpha 3.0 in the latest update to their outstanding weather app,” said CIG CEO Chris Roberts. “We were excited by the possibility and provided them with some of the data from the Moons of 3.0 created by our soon to debut procedural planet technology. Now MyRadar users can explore the moons of Yela, Cellin and Daymar while they are searching for their latest weather forecasts.“

So now the fuck what since your little "jab" is the fault of the weather app company and not CIG? Are you going to say some shit like "we just need to wait for the MyRadar CEO to Tweet how he didn't come to them first since Christ Roberts is lying!" or some shit?

See, this is all you people can do. People like myself and others have provided examples of less complex games taking a very long time to make, plenty of stuff out there for people to watch and try themselves.

I mean, someone here said that the weekly videos they make don't ever show new stuff...like, that's all they do. You people can't even LOOK into the shit you're claiming doesn't exist...it's like some madhouse here with you people HAVING to hate.

Edit: This guy:

What exactly has been shown weekly about SC? For the last YEAR no update was released, just tech demos of features that are being "worked" on and yet after how long still aren't implemented.

"What exactly has been shown weekly"

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVct2QDhDrB2X8pRZcGMMWpsy0TuyrQOo

There's the direct link to all the WEEKLY videos they post that show new stuff IN EVERY VIDEO.

I mean, what the fuck can you say back now? That you don't care to watch them so therefore you're just going to continue this charade of saying they're all lying and it's all a scam when there's proof, right there, that it isn't?

What do YOU think they've all been doing this time? What do you think all this stuff they're showing off is? Smoke and mirrors?

Last edited:
Wow, I'm glad I never got on this hype train, color me jaded but too many amazing yet cancelled games in the 90's.

Still, this is absolutely worth visiting the forum posts and reddit pages, makes me realize just how easy it would be to start a cult.

You didn't even read the article. More blind hate without even looking into what you're hating.

You didn't even read the article. More blind hate without even looking into what you're hating.

I was not responding to you, Edit: also everything I've seen you post is just from the developer, nothing independent.

So now the fuck what since your little "jab" is the fault of the weather app company and not CIG?

CIG could have (should have) told them to pound sand because, you know, they are trying to finish what is already on their plate.

It says in the article that MyRadar came to Star Citizen with the idea:

So now the fuck what since your little "jab" is the fault of the weather app company and not CIG? Are you going to say some shit like "we just need to wait for the MyRadar CEO to Tweet how he didn't come to them first since Christ Roberts is lying!" or some shit?

See, this is all you people can do. People like myself and others have provided examples of less complex games taking a very long time to make, plenty of stuff out there for people to watch and try themselves.

I mean, someone here said that the weekly videos they make don't ever show new stuff...like, that's all they do. You people can't even LOOK into the shit you're claiming doesn't exist...it's like some madhouse here with you people HAVING to hate.
This is exactly what everyone is pointing out to you....more ideas to put into the game but no real tangible progress its just adding a bunch of gimmicky "features" to the shell of the game.
You continue your circular arguments and deflect everything that actually has legit questions.
What everyone is saying collectively is that they need to stop adding "features" and finish the game. PERIOD. END OF STORY. no more arguments, that is it. What is there more to say than .....FINISH WHAT WAS STARTED. instead you guy keep talking about how long its going to take to develop the game.......This is why the crowdfunded design sucks and many ended as failed games because no publisher to keep them to their word and start forcing them to hit milestone dates. If you guys knew ANYTHING about development process you would understand why you are getting flamed.....

Jesus Christ, this is brilliant.

I was not responding to you, Edit: also everything I've seen you post is just from the developer, nothing independent.

Doesn't matter if you were responding to me or not, I was pointing out your obvious lack of reading the article posted and just need to hate.

Also, everything posted is mostly by the developers because they're the one's developing it, DUH. It's like asking CDProject Red why there was no fan footage of The Witcher 3 prior to release. Because YOU and I are NOT the developers. We have access to what they give us.

Just because this game is fundraised you all think that we should have access to daily builds or their direct test servers or some shit. It don't work like that. We all knew this before going into it. CIG did not ONCE PROMISE the ridiculous things you people REQUIRE to think the game isn't a scam. It's all shit you've made up in your own heads.

CIG could have (should have) told them to pound sand because, you know, they are trying to finish what is already on their plate.

They have several different departments that prioritize and focus on individual things. CIG doing this mainly meant them probably just giving MyRadar assets and they did most of the work. You're acting like this would have brought CIG to a halt or something lol. They have a ton of people and resources...they can do stuff like this. PLENTY of dev studios spend time on stuff like this or features we'll never see. It's DEVELOPMENT.

You continue your circular arguments and deflect everything that actually has legit questions.

No, all of you just keep avoiding the stuff I post and ignore it or come up with some excuse as to why you don't care. It's been happening this entire thread without a SINGLE ONE OF YOU posting ANYTHING that shows or proves me wrong. What? An NDA of a pre-public release because they didn't want people spoiling shit? Oh man...such shitesters and scam artists! How DARE they let some people test out a pre-release before pushing it live to everything so that EVERYONE can experience all the issues, too! No thanks. Obvious scam.

It's like arguing with people who don't believe in dinosaurs or evolution...

FINISH WHAT WAS STARTED

That could be said about every fucking game ever made in the past 15 years that needs constant updates and content updates because their shit is never finished.

Do you have this feeling about all games or just the ones you selectively don't want to like. If it's the former go write an article somewhere, if it's the latter then it's a personal problem.

Hold the fucking phone, guys

Star Citizen has partnered with the My Radar weather app

"This latest partnership will allow users of the app to explore three of the new moons (Yela, Cellin and Daymar ) in the upcoming 3.0 update directly on the My Radar app."

Alright, put me down for a $700 ship ASAP.
lol, more resources spent on useless bullshit further proving what everyone has been trying to say to these fanboys. No one wants or needs a damn my radar weather app to explore anything, they want the base game.

lol, more resources spent on useless bullshit further proving what everyone has been trying to say to these fanboys. No one wants or needs a damn my radar weather app to explore anything, they want the base game.

Damn, you couldn't even bother to read the article after I already pointed out Pringles flawed shit about it and others inability to read the article lol.

Edit: Plus, ya know, it's fucking marketing. Just like anything else these days. It's marketing for MyRadar, it's marketing for Star Citizen. It's all about getting the names and products out to people.

This is, really, no different then any other promotion or partnership.

Should LAN parties and gaming events not mess with promoters and sponsors like Nvidia and Intel? Should advertising and marketing be gotten rid of completely?

I mean, it's all a waste of time with your logic, really. All these companies could be spending more time and resources towards their own shit instead of wasting time getting their product known and making more money.

Like, how dare they, right?

the autism... is strong in this thread.

It's clear there are those who are deeply psychologically invested in the game, and will never admit to train wreck development has become.

You know what? That's fine. If folks want to continue supporting the game, then by all means let them continue.

There will be one of two outcomes:

The product is released in some state or another, and those of us who haven't purchased can make a decision then.

The product is never released, in which case reality will do the arguing.

In the meantime, there's no real need to continue arguing. Both sides are deeply entrenched, and shouting at each other isn't going to get it done.

nah, on second thought - continue with the arguing, for my amusement. We need more ad homs in here. Someone bring up someone's mother and get this shit kicked off.

Damn, you couldn't even bother to read the article after I already pointed out Pringles flawed shit about it and others inability to read the article lol.

Whoa whoa there cowboy, my post wasn't flawed. I simply stated some Star Citizen dev news and my immediate sarcastic desire to purchase a ship jpg. I thought it was pretty simple :confused:

Edit: Plus, ya know, it's fucking marketing. Just like anything else these days. It's marketing for MyRadar, it's marketing for Star Citizen. It's all about getting the names and products out to people.

This is, really, no different then any other promotion or partnership.

Should LAN parties and gaming events not mess with promoters and sponsors like Nvidia and Intel? Should advertising and marketing be gotten rid of completely?

I mean, it's all a waste of time with your logic, really. All these companies could be spending more time and resources towards their own shit instead of wasting time getting their product known and making more money.

Like, how dare they, right?
I never said it was different than any other partnership. However when the most obvious glaring issue with project management has been feature creep and they just keep a steady stream of new crap flowing that doesn't have anything to do with completing the base game...

No, all of you just keep avoiding the stuff I post and ignore it or come up with some excuse as to why you don't care. It's been happening this entire thread without a SINGLE ONE OF YOU posting ANYTHING that shows or proves me wrong. What? An NDA of a pre-public release because they didn't want people spoiling shit? Oh man...such shitesters and scam artists! How DARE they let some people test out a pre-release before pushing it live to everything so that EVERYONE can experience all the issues, too! No thanks. Obvious scam.

It's like arguing with people who don't believe in dinosaurs or evolution...

That could be said about every fucking game ever made in the past 15 years that needs constant updates and content updates because their shit is never finished.

Do you have this feeling about all games or just the ones you selectively don't want to like. If it's the former go write an article somewhere, if it's the latter then it's a personal problem.

Lol you'll never get it. What have you actually shared the wasn't push directly from star citizen developers? you just being a parrot at this point.

I never said it was different than any other partnership. However when the most obvious glaring issue with project management has been feature creep and they just keep a steady stream of new crap flowing that doesn't have anything to do with completing the base game...

And this doesn't affect the base game. Again, different departments. Different resources. MyRadar took most of the development for this one because THEY wanted to do it. Go a head and add this to your arsenal of reasons to hate even though it literally means nothing except for more content.

And this doesn't affect the base game. Again, different departments. Different resources. MyRadar took most of the development for this one because THEY wanted to do it. Go a head and add this to your arsenal of reasons to hate even though it literally means nothing except for more content.
Anyone working at CIG getting paid to waste time on that crap, is resources spent working on nonsense that does not contribute to the game being finished. No, this does not mean "more content" it's a garbage gimmick.

Lol you'll never get it. What have you actually shared the wasn't push directly from star citizen developers? you just being a parrot at this point.

Me? Might be true, but same could be said about you. Only difference is that, unless this is all a delusion, videos that you people keep asking for exists and you all keep repeating over and over and over and over and over again how that isn't proof that shit is being done.

I mean, lol, what else can they even do? Just release everything they have now just to make you people shut the fuck up? Like every other AAA game the past 15 years? How has that worked out so far?

Go ahead and say some of the same shit I've already debunked that you've already said, your turn.

Back