Star Citizen’s New Planet-Sized Cities Unveiled at Citizen Con

Any old dev team can make this game in 3-6 months from scratch. Just look at how many have done it already.

Its also extremely dumb that this game is in prealpha yet you cant play every single part of the proposed finished game.

Any old dev team can make this game in 3-6 months from scratch. Just look at how many have done it already.

Its also extremely dumb that this game is in prealpha yet you cant play every single part of the proposed finished game.
I thought it was alpha 3.0, that's "pre-alpha" now? Then what the hell were alpha 1.0 and 2.0?

I thought it was alpha 3.0, that's "pre-alpha" now? Then what the hell were alpha 1.0 and 2.0?
Yeah, its soo dumb. Pre-alpha, alpha 2..etc. They should just snap fingers and make the game, I dont know why its taking them so long. 10 other companies have already made similar games in the time its taken me to type this post, shits easy.

Yeah, its soo dumb. Pre-alpha, alpha 2..etc. They should just snap fingers and make the game, I dont know why its taking them so long. 10 other companies have already made similar games in the time its taken me to type this post, shits easy.
Well which is it? If it's pre-alpha, then why does CIG refer to it as alpha? Let's even ignore the "3.0" part. Clearly you should know much more about this game than we do, so can you clearly tell us whether or not it's pre-alpha or alpha? At least the SC website seems to indicate it's alpha, where are you getting "pre" from?

Yeah I hate it too. It's obvious games like this are super easy to make considering how many there are like it. I like that one game that's like it...can't remember the name of it though because it doesn't exist...maybe you can help me? Merc1138 can you help me remember the game that's like this that doesn't exist because no one has ever attempted it? I'm foggy.

Also it is EXTREMELY RETARDED, as a matter of fact, that all the features shown to us so far from this unfinished game can't be played yet. It's like...every other game ever made lol. What idiots. I hate Chris Roberts for making a game like this. What a stupid thing being run by a bunch of fucking stupid people. I'm sure all the people "working" on this game LOVE sitting around not doing jack shit all day.

I guess they're paying Chinese developers to make all the fake videos they've been showing using CGI. It's all so obvious now.

Well which is it? If it's pre-alpha, then why does CIG refer to it as alpha? Let's even ignore the "3.0" part. Clearly you should know much more about this game than we do, so can you clearly tell us whether or not it's pre-alpha or alpha? At least the SC website seems to indicate it's alpha, where are you getting "pre" from?

Hey man, you're right. They can't even keep their numbers straight even though it was 0neTwo that simply said "pre-alpha" that you've now responded to twice as if him saying "pre-alpha" somehow makes the "3.0 Alpha" a lie.

Just like me using the NDA example. They've never, to my knowledge, had a NDA on members. They've ASKED that people not spoil it but there's certainly never been anything concrete.

But yet here you are, using that as an example now. You like to twist people's meanings and make up your own facts on the fly, don't you?

That's all I've seen come from you so far.

This is what your argument has collapsed to, arguing over pre-alpha or alpha wording. Its pathetically amusing. And the best part about it(there is an even better part), is you and I both know that you will continue digging this 30ft hole you have gotten yourself into. :)

Hey man, you're right. They can't even keep their numbers straight even though it was 0neTwo that simply said "pre-alpha" that you've now responded to twice as if him saying "pre-alpha" somehow makes the "3.0 Alpha" a lie.

Just like me using the NDA example. They've never, to my knowledge, had a NDA on members. They've ASKED that people not spoil it but there's certainly never been anything concrete.

But yet here you are, using that as an example now. You like to twist people's meanings and make up your own facts on the fly, don't you?

No, it makes me wonder if you guys actually know what the hell you're talking about. It seems that you guys have gone into "post random crap to hopefully get the thread locked" mode, because you're not capable of rational discussion about a videogame and treating any criticism of it as if we're talking crap about your mother. It's obvious when you have to start dropping lines about "chinese developers" that no one else brought up, that you're just going to post random drivel till the discussion gets shut down.

LOL, chinese developers paid to make fake videos? Yeah, ok because we know that no publisher or developer has ever produced footage of a game that turned out to be a lie compared to the final product. I guess they must all use "chinese developers" then?

Yep, all of them. All the major dev's especially considering not a single game in the past 10 years looks like it does in pre-release videos on release.

Remember how great The Witcher 3 looked before it kept getting downgraded every time they showed it? What about Bioshock Infinite, the greatest game ever made?

So that's why I say thanks to you for opening my eyes to how much of a liar the whole Star Citizen dev team is.

This is what your argument has collapsed to, arguing over pre-alpha or alpha wording. Its pathetically amusing. And the best part about it(there is an even better part), is you and I both know that you will continue digging this 30ft hole you have gotten yourself into. :)
Yup, go on. Just rage at the keyboard to hope the thread gets locked. You bring something up, I question it, and somehow I'm the one at fault.

No, it makes me wonder if you guys actually know what the hell you're talking about.

You've proven you don't know what you're talking about. You have no idea what you're talking about. You've given no examples of where they've lied, where they've had NDA's (lol), where they haven't been open to backers and people THAT BOTHER TO PAY ATTENTION, you've literally given nothing except assumptions and bias viewpoints. Why? Because you DON'T understand what the hell you're talking about.

You've been schooled constantly this whole thread. What bullshit are you going to come back at with us now?

Yup, go on. Just rage at the keyboard to hope the thread gets locked. You bring something up, I question it, and somehow I'm the one at fault.
And here we have a textbook example ladies and gents:

Projection
Projection (Psychological)

1) An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.

2) A way to blame others for your own negative thoughts by repressing them and then attributing them to someone else. Due to the sorrowful nature of delusion and denial it is very difficult for the target to be able to clarify the reality of the situation.

3) A way to transfer guilt for your own thoughts, emotions and actions onto another as a way of not admitting your guilt to yourself.

You've proven you don't know what you're talking about. You have no idea what you're talking about. You've given no examples of where they've lied, where they've had NDA's (lol), where they haven't been open to backers and people THAT BOTHER TO PAY ATTENTION, you've literally given nothing except assumptions and bias viewpoints. Why? Because you DON'T understand what the hell you're talking about.

You've been schooled constantly this whole thread. What bullshit are you going to come back at with us now?
So where's all of the footage then? Why is it that SC players discuss NDAs? I've seen more discussion of that over the years than I have footage of the game.

And here we have a textbook example ladies and gents:

Projection
Projection (Psychological)

1) An unconscious self-defence mechanism characterised by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone or something else as a form of delusion and denial.

2) A way to blame others for your own negative thoughts by repressing them and then attributing them to someone else. Due to the sorrowful nature of delusion and denial it is very difficult for the target to be able to clarify the reality of the situation.

3) A way to transfer guilt for your own thoughts, emotions and actions onto another as a way of not admitting your guilt to yourself.
Yeap, because you can't handle your tactic being called out for what it is, as if we've never seen it repeated on this forum over and over. Users criticize a game, users get personally offended, they rage till the thread gets locked. But nahh... I'm just "projecting".

Yeap, because you can't handle your tactic being called out for what it is, as if we've never seen it repeated on this forum over and over. Users criticize a game, users get personally offended, they rage till the thread gets locked. But nahh... I'm just "projecting".
You have been destroyed in this thread with facts, logic, and reason.

Yet here you are, telling us how mad we are about being right? Lovely :)

That's from 2016, considering you didn't even know they have been using NDA's for a while now, we can safely assume you don't really know anything about SC do you.

This one guy said pre-alpha instead of alpha. Game is a scam I was right all along. Checkmate.

So where's all of the footage then? Why is it that SC players discuss NDAs? I've seen more discussion of that over the years than I have footage of the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/

Start here.

Where are SC players discussing NDA's? Actual NDA's? Signed? Legal? Proof? Or are you seriously trying to make my made-up example oddly try to work in your arguments favor? Strange.

I've seen more of you people rant and rave about this game over the years all while I've been following development and know what I'm talking about. You clearly don't...your ass keeps asking for videos of the game like you're too lacking to use Google or YouTube on your own.

Here try this as well:

https://www.google.com/search?q=star+citizen+videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=star+citizen

Hopefully you can reduce your blind rage for a minute to check those links out. Try watching for more than a second. Thanks!

And you still can't link to a video, lol. Let's take a look at those google results...

RSI youtube channel, marketing wank.
SXSW video montage, more marketing.
The RSI youtube channel videos tab...
"STAR CITIZEN NEW Gameplay Trailer blah blah blah" it's just a trailer approved by marketing re-uploaded by some random guy.
"Star Citizen: Gamescom 2017 Live Demo" more marketing.
SC: 2016 Gamescom Live Alpha 3.0 demo, marketing.
SC Alpha 3.0 Gameplay Demo Walkthrough(Gamescom) marketing
SC Alpha 3.0 trailer posted by PC Gamer, more marketing
And the last entry on the first page of search results... the official twitch page? Yay, more marketing.

Congratulations, you posted a search URL that has ZERO results of anyone outside of CIG playing the game. Yup, I'm totally blind, can't see anything.

It's also hilarious that you ask about signed NDAs, while ignoring that they can be accepted digitally. And also the fact that NDAs generally include a statement indicating not to make the document public. Yet even still if I just go to any search engine and type in Star Citizen NDA I can find more results of people discussing that than gameplay from gamers.

Name calling / Insults
Marketing marketing marketing...for something the public hasn't been given yet.

What the fuck else would it be Merc? What are you even asking for? Video's? There are video's...that you CHOOSE to ignore and just label as "marketing" so you can ignore it and continue arguing.

Can I just label you as a dolt and ignore you from now on? Looks like that's my plan of action.

Marketing marketing marketing...for something the public hasn't been given yet.

What the fuck else would it be Merc? What are you even asking for? Video's? There are video's...that you CHOOSE to ignore and just label as "marketing" so you can ignore it and continue arguing.

Can I just label you as a dolt and ignore you from now on? Looks like that's my plan of action.
As I've said repeatedly, I want gameplay footage that isn't approved by CIGs marketing department. CIG can lift their NDAs any time they damn well please if they wanted to, they don't want to because they want to hide it. Back on the first page someone stated that CIG was being "transparent", hiding all of your development behind NDAs and videos approved by a marketing team is not "transparent".

And again you can't keep discussing the game, you have to take it personally and insult people. How about you do whatever the hell you want, because it'd be great if you never posted in a SC thread here again since you apparently know jack about the game when something as basic as the NDA is outside your realm of knowledge, and you're not interested in any discussion about the game that doesn't amount to an SC fan circle jerk.

If I never search for any SC gameplay videos, or if someone post links to billions of them(from actual players and not the dev team), then I just close my eyes and pretend they dont exist, thus making me the winner of the argument. Game is a scam. I win again.

hiding all of your development behind NDAs and videos approved by a marketing team is not "transparent".

They're not though...as proven by the near daily updates they release publicly that you can watch and read all the time.

Dude...go do this. You keep bringing stuff up that isn't true. That's my whole point.

Don't respond back to this...go look at stuff. If you respond back in LESS THAN 30 MINUTES I'll know you haven't done anything to try and learn.

If I never search for any SC gameplay videos, or if someone post links to billions of them(from actual players and not the dev team), then I just close my eyes and pretend they dont exist, thus making me the winner of the argument. Game is a scam. I win again.

Damn, you're winning streak is insane. Straight fire.

Not actually watching videos and/or ignoring the ones that prove me wrong totally proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that Star Citizen is clearly all marketing bullshit.

Dude, you're like Jesus or Buddha with your knowledge slaps.

Edit: Unfortunately it only allows me to Like your comment once which wildly upsets me. I was going to Like it all night do to how much you prove Star Citizen is a scam. Anyone know a way around this? Can other people like his comment here because he just, single handedly, busted CIG and their scammery wide the fuck open? Mods?

Could onetwo and mut1ny give me their ETA of the game? Based on what they have seen.
multiplayer with most major assets = easy 2 years.

Single player no clue, dont care if that ever comes out, doesnt interest me much.

Yet from the first link he posted, there were NONE. Maybe he should have checked first?

I know, I'll take a look at the youtube link.

SC Channel
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload
SC video from a youtuber discussing development and controversy
SC video from a youtuber discussing development and controversy
SC video from a youtuber re-posting footage that wasn't his
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload
SC video from a youtuber re-posting citizencon footage
SC Channel upload
SC Channel upload

So I'm pretending this stuff doesn't exist, when an obvious fan of the game posts search URLs claiming that those URLs have the type of video I've discussed when in reality neither of them have any such thing? Hell, aside from the one LevelCapGaming video, I had to scroll down another 7 or 8 results to find videos that weren't from BoredGamer just re-posting footage, or footage uploaded to the official SC youtube channel, and even that's just a bunch of videos doing reactions and discussing what was brought up in the citizen con videos from CIG.

No gameplay independent of CIG, and a bunch of recycled official footage with people talking over it does not amount to anything.

Inappropriate Behavior
"star citizen gameplay", page 1 of youtube

Let me know if you need help figuring out how to play the video or use google. I can perhaps crate a pop-up picture book or use some crayons and we can get you up to speed.

Could onetwo and mut1ny give me their ETA of the game? Based on what they have seen.

I see 3.0 coming in the following couple months. According to them it's pretty much ready save for some optimizations and bugs they're having (which based on the PTU and before I TOTALLY buy this...).

After that it's hard to say really. 3.1/4.0 has some pretty major stuff coming to them but I'd say probably another year before the MP really starts to take off some. I'd say a year and a half til they hit a stride. They're getting to that point of having the assets in place that I feel we'll have a steady flow of updates after it happens. After two years from now we'll have, I think, a pretty solid multiplayer game going.

Single player I care about a little more than 0neTwo but I know it's something that Roberts is passionate about so it's harder to say. I see it being a far bit out though considering how much of the MMO parts it'll use that still aren't there yet. I feel art wise and talent wise (actors, props, sounds) they are probably close to being done...just need more time for the technical side. But while I care I don't follow it as closely so I'd say at least another year...but it could be 6 months?

They're not though...as proven by the near daily updates they release publicly that you can watch and read all the time.

Dude...go do this. You keep bringing stuff up that isn't true. That's my whole point.

Don't respond back to this...go look at stuff. If you respond back in LESS THAN 30 MINUTES I'll know you haven't done anything to try and learn.

Where's the game at? It's a fucking tech demo, a bunch of marketing bullshit, and "demos" of features and tech that aren't even implemented 7 years after CR stated that development started.

But we all don't know how development works... even though 3.0 was "only weeks away" a year ago, even though CR stated the game would be done INCLUDING all the extra shit, 2 years ago.

It is blatantly obvious CR is the one who doesn't know how development works considering it's been 7 years and less than 20% of what he promised has been released or ahown.

I see 3.0 coming in the following couple months. According to them it's pretty much ready save for some optimizations and bugs they're having (which based on the PTU and before I TOTALLY buy this...).

After that it's hard to say really. 3.1/4.0 has some pretty major stuff coming to them but I'd say probably another year before the MP really starts to take off some. I'd say a year and a half til they hit a stride. They're getting to that point of having the assets in place that I feel we'll have a steady flow of updates after it happens. After two years from now we'll have, I think, a pretty solid multiplayer game going.

Single player I care about a little more than 0neTwo but I know it's something that Roberts is passionate about so it's harder to say. I see it being a far bit out though considering how much of the MMO parts it'll use that still aren't there yet. I feel art wise and talent wise (actors, props, sounds) they are probably close to being done...just need more time for the technical side. But while I care I don't follow it as closely so I'd say at least another year...but it could be 6 months?

Hahaha hahaha, you mean just like it was ready a year ago?

Let me know if you need help figuring out how to play the video or use google. I can perhaps crate a pop-up picture book or use some crayons and we can get you up to speed.

Multi-crew game play video using the current public release? Yep, dude, fuck, it's officially official. Scam. For sure. Fuck Star Citizen. I'm done with this thread and it's even mere mention of this crapshot of a "game". Bunch of thieves and shitesters. I hope they all rot.

Some great missions you can do in the video, I really like the seamless transition to planets and the hundreds, if not thousands of players he was interacting with!

Hahaha hahaha, you mean just like it was ready a year ago?

Oh no you're right. I'm dumb. Thanks for letting me know. It's all a scam. I know that now. You and Merc's infinite wisdom and backing of your flawless arguments have SET ME STRAIGHT! Lord Jesus Thank Him!

Let me know if you need help figuring out how to play the video on youtube. I can perhaps crate a pop-up picture book or use some crayons and we can get you up to speed.

So you had to move the goalpost by changing the search term after bitching that I didn't click on the previously provided link. Ok, this looks like it's footage from an independent party, except... all he's doing is walking around a ship while talking to random people about their internet speed? 4 minutes in and someone is trying to find the entrance to a ship, omg 5 minutes and he's flying! After 11 minutes he's flown from one space station to another, how riveting! 15 minute mark and they appear to be attempting to board a ship, that's cool. Board a ship that's apparently empty and nothing happens. 19 minute mark, cool they blew up a ship that didn't fight back! 24 minutes and they're parked again.

I won't discount the fact that you found a gameplay video, but I will point out that it's as awe inspiring as the 10 minute boarding shuttle sequence from Star Trek the Motion Picture with what looks like no more than 2 players being anywhere in the vicinity.

Now this doesn't change that there was indeed gameplay footage, but I looked at the guy's youtube channel to see if there was anything recent... latest gameplay video from SC appears to be 2 months ago with another 1 month prior to that, it seems as if he's stopped uploading SC gameplay videos. Interesting.

So you had to move the goalpost by changing the search term after bitching that I didn't click on the previously provided link. Ok, this looks like it's footage from an independent party, except... all he's doing is walking around a ship while talking to random people about their internet speed? 4 minutes in and someone is trying to find the entrance to a ship, omg 5 minutes and he's flying! After 11 minutes he's flown from one space station to another, how riveting! 15 minute mark and they appear to be attempting to board a ship, that's cool. Board a ship that's apparently empty and nothing happens. 19 minute mark, cool they blew up a ship that didn't fight back! 24 minutes and they're parked again.

I won't discount the fact that you found a gameplay video, but I will point out that it's as awe inspiring as the 10 minute boarding shuttle sequence from Star Trek the Motion Picture with what looks like no more than 2 players being anywhere in the vicinity.
Its almost like it isnt the full game. Weird I know.

And good job on "moving those goalpost" by switching from the "there is no gameplay scam scam scam" to what your opinion on the video is. The goalpost isnt in the stadium anymore.

Its almost like it isnt the full game. Weird I know.

And good job on "moving those goalpost" by switching from the "there is no gameplay scam scam scam" to what your opinion on the video is. The goalpost isnt in the stadium anymore.
lol, I even specified that my comment about you moving the goalpost wasn't in relation to the content of the video you linked. It was the fact that one user posts a search URL that has nothing, and you claim it's easy to find after arguing for a bit but then had to change the search terms to do it.

The content looks a little bare? Ya don't say? Maybe because it's from the Alpha 2 and not the more recent 3 maybe? Hmm, I wonder where the alpha 3 footage is... oh wait alpha 3 last I read a couple weeks back was released to evocati only... under NDA.

lol, I even specified that my comment about you moving the goalpost wasn't in relation to the content of the video you linked. It was the fact that one user posts a search URL that has nothing, and you claim it's easy to find after arguing for a bit but then had to change the search terms to do it.

The content looks a little bare? Ya don't say? Maybe because it's from the Alpha 2 and not the more recent 3 maybe? Hmm, I wonder where the alpha 3 footage is... oh wait alpha 3 last I read a couple weeks back was released to evocati only... under NDA.
Your 2 arguments in this thread have boiled down to:

-Wording of pre-alpha or alpha.

-Your inability to understand how to use any search function on the internet.

Most people would have stopped sooner, but once you got neck deep in the hole you were digging, you got a bigger shovel....

Back