Star Citizen: The Beginning of the End

There were lots of negative threads over at the CIG forums after the presentation. Complaints about everything from the referral program and shitty voice acting/writing, to spaceflight mechanics and "limited" ships and LTI being offered up for sale again and again.

"If there's one thing that Vanduul has thought us is that without victory there can be no survival!"

That has to be the stupidest and most cringe worthy line ever. I really wanted to be pumped by that speech, but it was bland and that climax was just...idiotic. Without sacrifice/bravery/unity...whatever, anything would make more sense. "Without not getting killed there can be no survival." No shit, Sherlock!

It's pretty obvious CIG is in full on cash grab mode, which is no surprise.

The problem with this whole debacle is that Chris Roberts' initial outlined strategy hasn't been followed as it was originally laid out. He hasn't been held accountable for failing to follow the strategy laid out in the initial presentation.

Initially Squadron 42 was pitched as a single/multiplayer mission based space combat simulator which would herald the return of a dead genre. Star Citizen was pitched as an expansion of Squadron 42 into a larger, persistent universe with all kinds of additional game play elements added to it over time. Had he stuck to that goal and finished Squadron 42, I think it would have been the proof that would have validated the faith that backers put in Chris Roberts and his vision. He would have easily been able to secure funding to expand the Star Citizen universe over time as he achieved each milestone in a projected order. This is at any rate how I understood the original pitch and ultimately my understanding of the project is what I initially paid into.

Fortunately for me I only backed the game with a $45 contribution. That was all the risk I was willing to take and the only loss I was prepared to sustain. It's been a long time since I saw that initial pitch video, maybe I'm not remembering it right but had that plan been executed the way I understood it I don't think there would be lengthy threads about whether or not the game is a long con game or an actual game in development.

Until the economy is revealed in full details, no one knows how important LTI will or won't be. Though I would be shocked and fall off my chair if someone without LTI could replace an Idris hull with "one mission" worth of resources.

Until the economy is revealed in full details, no one knows how important LTI will or won't be. Though I would be shocked and fall off my chair if someone without LTI could replace an Idris hull with "one mission" worth of resources.

The "importance" of LTI has very little to do with why people are upset with this blatant cash-grab move. LTI, among many ship sales, was advertised as LIMITED TIME, GET IT WHILE YOU CAN when they were first introduced. It's almost like they trudge this shit out whenever they're low on funds. Otherwise, why else would they do this?

I bet there was a massive round of applause for it too.

Are you trolling or sarcastic, or being serious?
Sorry the point stands regardless of you attempt at defelction.
Citizencon proved nothing of the sort. If anything, it confirmed there is merit to issues raised.
Opinon, based on previous fabrications that have been proven wrong therefore unjustified

It is October 2015. and all they have to show is a short SQ42 intro with bad graphics and animations, with many "it will be better when finished" promises. They've said the same thing last year and the year before. Enough is enough.
Again more Opinon based on personal judgment (which yours is purely biased in the negative) with attempts to reinforce the argument with fabrications and falsehoods. that again are unrelated to your opinon.

I have and the quality is terrible this late in the development!

And yet again more terrible opinons and more attempt to reinforce them with unrelated fabrications

We have barely anything more of actual importance today than we did a year ago.
Outright Lie , your failing to appreciate the weight of the Persistent Universe demonstration, outs your flagrant negative bias.
the demonstration of multiple players on a ship working in conjunction with another player while attacking pve content . then exiting the ship going into a structure to further engage more content that allows the players access to further content . they then proceed to repairs before jumping to their next rendezvous which is a space station where PVP occurred where the original team lost and ended up losing their ship.

your quote " We have barely anything more of actual importance today than we did a year ago"
is nothing more than a lie as it wholly discounts that the promise of star citizen was demonstrated as a working game in development.

Relax. Also, I sincerely hope there will be a great game in the end.

this is my opinion, no it seems like you dont . your happy to sow discontent and propagate falsehoods
then lavish them with tainted opinions. this dont sound like someone who wants to see a finished project to me .
Yesterday's presentation did little to disprove the criticism, unfortunately
At this point unfortunately only thing that can be done to counter the crticism is to post the facts and point out the lies and fabrications of those who hate star citizen
That is the kind of demo I expected way back then, not after so many delays and this late in production.
Then you have unrealistic expectations,, the demo that was introduced with the kick starter was what would have been taken to a publisher to get the funds necessary for development other wise known as a pitch.

It was a success and we backed the project . the demo released yesterday is proof of concept that the actual game theory works and is doable. now all we have to do is see the results. i hope they are fantastic.
LOL! They "tacked their name" on it because they got payed. Nothing more, nothing less.

for someone who wants this game to be completed you are awful quick to dismiss any accolades the game may have.
It proved they did mocap.

Again more dismissal .. more attempts to dilute what they have accomplished. let me rephrase that for you... THEY DID A WHOLE F***** LOT OF HIGH TECH MOCAP
It proved there are even more unplayable ships for sale.

is there a problem with them selling ships ? what's wrong with selling ships people want to buy ships why ?? i do not know but they do. so let em buy ships.
as someone who has misgiving about the status of starcitizen who wants to see the game completed,
i think you would want them to sell more ships. but no, really you just want to sow more deceit lies and fabrications.

It proved they are way behind on graphics, animation and gameplay.
More negative opinons with no base to stand on.

That the latest drama around possible development problems could be justified.

No its not justified, no other game developer has undergone this level of scrutiny over a work in progress game this early in development. its because people like you propagate lies, falsifications, and fabrications . then knowingly twist anything postive into negative mantras to serve your cause of undoing star citizen. your actions are unlike actual fans of a genre, there more like haters of a group of people . nothing more than bullies really. you just want someone to poke fun at and belittle you have no desire for star citizen because if you did you would not be spouting the vitriol you are now.
I was excited in 2012, 2013, 2014 and the beginning of 2015. Now I am worried.

to bad you let the hate cloud your vision maybe you should take a step back and examine your enthusiasm for past games ? do you remember participating in such a negative propaganda campaign to out right destroy the product ? or did you eagerly await its completion? what is the difference now ?

Is this true? Have they really brought back LTI AGAIN?!?!
[/QUOTE]
and again for someone who is soooo concerned about star citizen what's the problem with offering lti ?

really if you want to see a completed star citizen and are an actual fan stop propagating the lies and falsifications.

the game is being created as we speak it has a way to go, the vison has been demonstrated, they are on track to deliver 2 AAA games. . i hope they are fantastic games that will raise the bar of pc gaming.

whether that will turn out to be true ? who knows but at this point in time i have no reason to have my enthusiasm shaking.

Your answers are incoherent, make no sense, don't refer to my statements, don't try to refute them, you barely provide a counter argument and you keep repeating the same claims about my supposed intentions and motives without directly responding to what I've written. I've started with a point by point answer but it proved more futile as I went on. Maybe you're trolling or you're just weird, but in either case not worth the effort.

LTI is always offered with ships the first time they are sold. Which includes Concept sales.

And any packages or ships sold for $1000 and over Always have LTI, the whole package gets it, it has been that way for ages tho. So complaining about it now seems kinda moot.

LTI is always offered with ships the first time they are sold. Which includes Concept sales.

And any packages or ships sold for $1000 and over Always have LTI, the whole package gets it, it has been that way for ages tho. So complaining about it now seems kinda moot.

It isn't always and hasn't been for ages. Well, the second one is relative. The fact is it was time limited and used for a huge income boost precisely because it was a time limited deal. It doesn't surprise me they went back on their word there, as it isn't the first and most probably not the last time for them.

Actually yes it has been like that for Age's

Every concept sale has had LTI except the Gladius and Khartu-AL and then even they were given it retro active.

They have had plenty of concept/LTI sales since then.
Redeemer
Starfarer Gemini
Retaliator Base + Modules
Glaive
Idris-P
890 Jump
Herald
Carrack
Hull-A
Hull-B
Hull-C
Hull-D
Hull-E
Orion
Reclaimer
Javelin
Vanguard Warden
Vanguard Harbinger
Vanguard Sentinel
Reliant
Genesis Starliner
Endeavor
Sabre

Not sure if i missed any but each of those ships when they were sold had LTI during concept, this sale is nothing new. in that regard.

The new Armada package is just a theme package much like the other large package which all have LTI btw and always have LTI.

When the constellation variants were sold there was a connie pack that had each one in it for $1000 which also had LTI

like i said complaining about LTI now? when it has been on the site on and off every couple weeks from concept sales for months and well over a year or longer to always being available in large packages, is nothing to get worked up over now.

When the Drake Dragonfly comes out in a couple months it will have LTI, when the Anvil Crucible comes up for sale in a month or so it will be for sale with LTI.

Nothing has changed its the same old concept sale strategy they have been doing for a LONG time.

The "importance" of LTI has very little to do with why people are upset with this blatant cash-grab move. LTI, among many ship sales, was advertised as LIMITED TIME, GET IT WHILE YOU CAN when they were first introduced. It's almost like they trudge this shit out whenever they're low on funds. Otherwise, why else would they do this?

I bet there was a massive round of applause for it too.

That is notable. Everything (or almost) that was limited was eventually sold again. Aside from the Vanduul stuff, I can't recall what has not gone back on sale.

That is notable. Everything (or almost) that was limited was eventually sold again. Aside from the Vanduul stuff, I can't recall what has not gone back on sale.

That is a much bigger issue than the insurance thing. I've felt kind of shitty when they brought some meant to be limited ships back for sale as I never would have spent the money I did originally if it weren't for the limited time offer.

That is a much bigger issue than the insurance thing. I've felt kind of shitty when they brought some meant to be limited ships back for sale as I never would have spent the money I did originally if it weren't for the limited time offer.

Very few commercial entities can resist the temptation of pixel profits. Given this, no pixels are ever that rare or unbeatable. Games with expansions have a long history of nullifying the best gear successively to keep the threadmill of profits going. ;)

Very few commercial entities can resist the temptation of pixel profits. Given this, no pixels are ever that rare or unbeatable. Games with expansions have a long history of nullifying the best gear successively to keep the threadmill of profits going. ;)

They don't advertise them as best forever, though, do they?

They don't advertise them as best forever, though, do they?

No they actually mentioned they are like cars, with new models coming out all the time.

so there would be a 2945 Hornet, and then next year in the verse there could be a 2946 Hornet that has some slight changes or improvements. ect.

well that is something they would like to do, dont know if they will tho.

No they actually mentioned they are like cars, with new models coming out all the time.

so there would be a 2945 Hornet, and then next year in the verse there could be a 2946 Hornet that has some slight changes or improvements. ect.

I'm talking about ships like 350R that were supposed to be sold for a once-off limited time only, but they later changed it to unlimited limited-time sales AKA whenever they feel like it.

Yeah that was only meant to be about the hull # limited ships, while anything that was not hull limited was only a limited time sale, they poorly communicated that during kickstarter.

Lrn2read.

they didnt even bother to use real start names...

They also terraform gas giants and the spaceships have speed governors, like your moms Ford Taurus, so not sure realism is super high on the priority list.

That is not how insurance works. You don't pay for a replacement on loss.

You pay a monthly fee (in game credits, in game month timescale) or yearly fee, and it covers your replacements for that whole time period, you can get blown up 1 time within that year or 100 times you do no have to pay any premiums to get the ship back it is already covered, your existing insurance plan covers the replacement vessel as well.

Tho if you are a high risk and you die and lose your ship constantly there is a good chance that renewal at the end for your insurance plan could go up in price.

So for example my 2month insured Sabre in my omega package will be covered for endless replacements within that 2 month game time period, and at the end of those 2 months my risk rating could be evaluated and the price to renew insurance for that ship could increase, but if i have the credits i can buy a years worth of insurance, and then be covered again for endless deaths until that year of game time is up.

I believe the current expected game time to real like ratio is 1:6, 1 Real world hour = 6 Hours in game (could change)

So my 2 month coverage on my Sabre and Super hornet, would have 120 Game Hours of Coverage.

6 Month = 360 Game Hours
2 Year = 1,440 Game Hours
3 Year = 2,160 Game Hours

Imho insurance seems to last a very very long time which means even with only 2 months 120 Game hours you should have plenty of time to earn credits to renew the plan.

And i believe when you buy a ship new in game it is supposed to come standard with insurance so if someone buys an idris in game it will come insured for 2 or 6 months and have endless replacements within that time, giving them plenty of time to earn what ever its hull or equipment insurance replacements will cost.

Forgot to mention the Larger the ship / more expensive it is the longer it is supposed to take to get a replacement from the insurance company, and the more times you die, the longer still its supposed to take. So you will likely never get instant Idris replacement.

I believe the current expected game time to real like ratio is 1:6, 1 Real world hour = 6 Hours in game (could change)

So my 2 month coverage on my Sabre and Super hornet, would have 120 Game Hours of Coverage.

6 Month = 360 Game Hours
2 Year = 1,440 Game Hours
3 Year = 2,160 Game Hours

Shouldn't that be:

2 months = 240 game hours
6 months = 720
2 years = 2.880
3 years = 4.320

?

Also, hull insurance value pales in comparison to equipment value and that isn't covered by default, so the whole LTI and insurance thing is not very important game wise.

Star Citizen currently has Alpha content which is better than most fully released games.

Here is a sample of the star map.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

There is the possibility of this game never releasing, but that is the case with every game ever.

Mine's bigger

2wke1kR.png

Back