Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I mean, if you ever log into this game, and check out the insane depth and how it works and what you can do, you'd understand a bit more of why it takes so long and is what it is.
I mean... Understand that in that time, since about 2012 until now (really it started in 2010) we have seen:

--The Xbox Series X and PS5 go from nothing to a commercial product.
--OpenAI going from a startup with nothing to releasing ChatGPT.
--The advance from a GeForce GTX 580 to the RTX 4080 including realtime raytracing going from a pipe dream to actually working and being used, and about a 2000% speed increase.
--Elder Scrolls Online being announced, released, and seeing 6 major expansions and a ton of minor ones.
--Not one, but two major Unreal Engine releases, 4 and 5.

I could go on, and in other non-tech areas. The point is that a decade is a lot of time to do a lot of stuff.

if y'all don't like it, don't like it. If y'all don't want to back it, don't back it. But coming in here and griping about what other people like to do with their time and money is a bit silly.

Don't like people talking about the current state of the game huh, embarrassed about it for some reason?

No, not at all, but it seems like you think that no one in this thread knows about the state of the game. Newsflash.. we all know and we are capable of deciding if it's something worth playing or not. Why do you care so much about the state of the game? do you play it?

Don't like people talking about the current state of the game huh, embarrassed about it for some reason?
No, just tired of y'all telling us every week to stop having fun. Yes, the development is a mess. Yes, they are trying to create something so over the top it may never work. Yes, it can still be fun to many people, hell there are groups that fly realtime commercial flights in MSF, you don't know what other people enjoy.

No, just tired of y'all telling us every week to stop having fun. Yes, the development is a mess. Yes, they are trying to create something so over the top it may never work. Yes, it can still be fun to many people, hell there are groups that fly realtime commercial flights in MSF, you don't know what other people enjoy.
There’s a dude that finished elden ring without walking. And a guy that did Bloodborne with just a torch. People enjoy what they enjoy.

No, not at all, but it seems like you think that no one in this thread knows about the state of the game. Newsflash.. we all know and we are capable of deciding if it's something worth playing or not. Why do you care so much about the state of the game? do you play it?
I care because you're encouraging bad industry trends by supporting star citizen, just like pre-orders.

I don't mind reading or seeing fresh criticism for the game... if it comes, and they have certainly earned just about all of it. But the same few always griping about the same things does get a bit old at almost 480 pages. There was even a second thread made to discuss the issues and complaints but I believe it got locked. A lot of people, even supporters have grievances with the game. I am not ashamed to have voiced a fair share, even a jab a few pages ago while being excited to try 3.18.X when its "functional". I am also not ashamed to have backed it once the Kickstarter ended or to have had crazy amounts of fun (in certain builds) over that time span.

Oh well. Here's too another 480 pages of winging.

I don't mind reading or seeing fresh criticism for the game... if it comes, and they have certainly earned just about all of it. But the same few always griping about the same things does get a bit old at almost 480 pages. There was even a second thread made to discuss the issues and complaints but I believe it got locked. A lot of people, even supporters have grievances with the game. I am not ashamed to have voiced a fair share, even a jab a few pages ago while being excited to try 3.18.X when its "functional". I am also not ashamed to have backed it once the Kickstarter ended or to have had crazy amounts of fun (in certain builds) over that time span.

Oh well. Here's too another 480 pages of winging.

Pretty sure that this thread will run for another four hundred and eighty pages before the game actually gets finished

Pretty sure that this thread will run for another four hundred and eighty pages before the game actually gets finished
According to CR himself, that will never happen:

There is no final finish line the way you would have with a traditional retail game. Star Citizen is a way of life for as long as the community is engaged by it.

Meanwhile over 100k players are playing this game....

You and many others here said this game would die soon and that was said 4 years ago here...

As a supporter of the game, I can’t wait to pass all my purchased ships to my grandkids…

Where’s my Squadron 42, the only thing I really cared about back then.

As a supporter of the game, I can’t wait to pass all my purchased ships to my grandkids…

Where’s my Squadron 42, the only thing I really cared about back then.
Most of the team in cig are working on that instead of the pu mmo part

Screenshot_2023-03-19-19-32-33.png

There is another full wipe coming with 3.18.2 which should be a week or two away so I will probably wait until then to start playing again. 3.18.1 is mainly back end fixes whereas 3.18.2 will fix more gameplay related issues.

There is also a free fly event starting today but it will probably be a mess, they are basically using it as a stress test to break the game and get ready for the May free fly.

There is another full wipe coming with 3.18.2 which should be a week or two away so I will probably wait until then to start playing again. 3.18.1 is mainly back end fixes whereas 3.18.2 will fix more gameplay related issues.

There is also a free fly event starting today but it will probably be a mess, they are basically using it as a stress test to break the game and get ready for the May free fly.

Yeah, I am just messing around, not leveling up any rep etc.

Yesterday we had some fun, met some people. One dude died to an over powered AI, I Went to rescue him and I died, a guy came to rescue me and He died, ane 1 more guy came to rescue him and he died.. all to 1 security guard lol! I ended up releasing and coming back, took 2 clips of a P8 to kill him. jeez!

If this all goes well then May's big event may be in time for 3.19. The 3.18.1 and 3.18.2 they specifically mentioned they need to stress the server to test some fixes (and to check out other forms of breakage) so we'll see how that goes if they get the critical mass necessary.

Also 3.18.2 is out, if it is fairly stable I will start playing again. I still expect another unplanned wipe or two but hopefully things are pretty normal going into 3.19 in May.

Also 3.18.2 is out, if it is fairly stable I will start playing again. I still expect another unplanned wipe or two but hopefully things are pretty normal going into 3.19 in May.

So far so good, I have been playing it since 3.18.1 dropped, 3.18.2 improves a bit more, there is still a lingering issue with not being able to hail the landing services, but Alt+n or whatever you have it bound to works

Even with a busy server, the performance was good, everything was fairly responsive.

Last edited:
.1 was eh. I wandered around Orison as I had not been there yet. Soon as I got to spawning my ship usual crash lol. Will try .2 in a week or so if I have the time.

Back