Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I've kept my feedback honest at all times, and have been more harsh behind closed doors on every survey. I'm not going to rant here, it serves no purpose.

And as far as the law enforcement reference, I did it for three years in the military and was shocked how much BS slid with the old boys club. I told the CoP that I would never consider working civilian law enforcement after seeing what I had seen. It's a tiring life being Don Quixote. I did what I could, and wasn't quiet.

I'm not hardcore, and still say I have enough hours that I've enjoyed in game that I don't feel like it's a scam or criminal. I wish there was better leadership but anyone who thought CR was going to have concise leadership and fast timelines is a poor read of people and history. And I've actually enjoyed most of this 'shoot for the stars' development, even if it's not the way I want it to go. Hell; making entire languages? Crazy.
Same

Oh, thanks for reminding me! I haven't tried in a while, and GameGlass has also been updated recently (it's pretty cool).

Seconded. I'm not sold on the overall - It may be more sim and less game than I like - but it's beautiful and always interesting. It will bring a decent system to it's knees, but it's gotten stable and the only reason I stop playing is when my stupid power supply decides to overcurrent (suddenly happening in many games). And Orison is amazing.

Can you even do anything in the game yet? Or do you just fly around and site see? Can you mine, build ships, sell them, etc?

(I don't pay close attention to this progress of this game)

Can you even do anything in the game yet? Or do you just fly around and site see? Can you mine, build ships, sell them, etc?

(I don't pay close attention to this progress of this game)
You can do loads in the game.

Mining
Refining materials
Pvp
Pve
Bounty hunting
Cargo space hauling
Investigation/search missions.
Fps missions in caves and bunkers

Just to name a few

You can do loads in the game.

Mining
Refining materials
Pvp
Pve
Bounty hunting
Cargo space hauling
Investigation/search missions.
Fps missions in caves and bunkers

Just to name a few

...if you have the patience of a saint, and are willing to restart from your room every time the game crashes on you mid-mission.

You people love to pave over these "little" things you choose to ignore, (and justify is by saying "well, there was that one game I played 15 years ago that was just as crashy as this - therefore, all other games are this bad!"

...if you have the patience of a saint, and are willing to restart from your room every time the game crashes on you mid-mission.

You people love to pave over these "little" things you choose to ignore, (and justify is by saying "well, there was that one game I played 15 years ago that was just as crashy as this - therefore, all other games are this bad!"
Yea it crashes. Well the server does but when it works it's one of the best games out there period.

Many "finished" games crashes too.

I use to get many crashes in division 2, sometimes cod warzone etc etc.

There's a reason why loads of people still play this scam of a game and that is that when it all works, it's the best experience ever for many people.

Heck, most of the Ed players are jumping on this scam of a game now and loving it. Go watch the video of a ED fanboy playing it to see.

Amazing. I guess I'd pat myself on the back for having seen this thread when it was originally posted in 2012, thinking it looked cool, getting on the newsletter and thinking, looks cool, I'll wait til they put something firm together... and here I am still waiting, expecting some kind of TADA! moment when they actually release a completed game.

Amazing. I guess I'd pat myself on the back for having seen this thread when it was originally posted in 2012, thinking it looked cool, getting on the newsletter and thinking, looks cool, I'll wait til they put something firm together... and here I am still waiting, expecting some kind of TADA! moment when they actually release a completed game.
While you wait, you can give the current state of the game a go.

It won't kill you to try and play it lol

Cp77 cough cough.

If that;s your only answer, I'm sorry,, you can't claim "most finished games"

1 != most.

Quit exaggerating the PC game market ti attempt to make your empty point - you would need to list dozens of AAA games here with the same level of issues as Cybertpunk to get anywhere near "MOST", while I'll bet you can't even list a dozen here!

Loads more.

Assassins creed valheim.

Watchdog.

Fenix rising.

. I could go on

You will need to

You need dozens in that list if you want to to claim ":MOST",

there have been hundreds of AAA PC game releases since Star Citizen was crowdfunded, so it shouldn't be that hard for you to find...oh, maybe fifty to fill-out your pathetic list?

You can't just pretend that your small list of regulars is how every other game operates.

Last edited:
Loads more.

Assassins creed valheim.

Watchdog.

Fenix rising.

. I could go on

You seem to be confused, I think you were supposed to be listing finished games in a worse state than Star Citizen.

The game feels like an unpolished but playable proof of concept. It's a sloppy mess with no cohesion. Even just jumping into Vandal Swarm to check out the flight mechanics is a joke. After 15 years they should, at the very least, have the flight mechanics down and they can't even manage that. Chris Roberts needs to disappear so they can bring someone in with a bit of talent who knows how to develop a game.

You will need to

You need dozens in that list if you want to to claim ":MOST",

there have been hundreds of AAA PC game releases since Star Citizen was crowdfunded, so it shouldn't be that hard for you to find...oh, maybe fifty to fill-out your pathetic list?
Most released can be added to that list 🙂

I guess not having more than basic AI (if that), no towns/cities to explore, no story, the same couple missions, and big empty spaces/planets to look around and do nothing somehow equals being better, and having more to do than other games these days.

I guess not having more than basic AI (if that), no towns/cities to explore, no story, the same couple missions, and big empty spaces/planets to look around and do nothing somehow equals being better, and having more to do than other games these days.
Barely any mmo has none scripted ai

This does lol.

Once server meshing tech comes out, the ai will run way better.

This time next year half the doubters here are going to be jumping in this game.

Please stop the bad faith arguments and goal post moving. The alpha is pretty stable (I have not had a 3K this year), and looks amazing. There are gameplay loops and more are coming. The Squadron 42 newsletter is spelling out what is going on monthly, as are the hour long talks with he engineers and programmers. No, it's not moving as fast as we'd like, yes it's moving. I'm happy for y'all that you knew it would be a disaster or touch you in the bad place, but we don't need to hear it every week. Go try the game, or go play something else.

Please stop the bad faith arguments and goal post moving. The alpha is pretty stable (I have not had a 3K this year), and looks amazing. There are gameplay loops and more are coming. The Squadron 42 newsletter is spelling out what is going on monthly, as are the hour long talks with he engineers and programmers. No, it's not moving as fast as we'd like, yes it's moving. I'm happy for y'all that you knew it would be a disaster or touch you in the bad place, but we don't need to hear it every week. Go try the game, or go play something else.

I've been a supporter since the beginning, I've played every available build, I have just as much a right to warn people about the crap that is star citizen as you do to celebrate your little Chris Roberts circle jerks.

I've been a supporter since the beginning, I've played every available build, I have just as much a right to warn people about the crap that is star citizen as you do to celebrate your little Chris Roberts circle jerks.
Lies.u ain't played it.

Go play ed. O wait, Ed players are all playing SC now lol!

Have fun playing Ed on your own

Lol, i still play ED, at least it works.

This reddit post is in a nutshell my experience with every freeplay weekend as I check in to see if maybe, just maybe, SC will offer something. Its never the same bug, but its always some bug that makes the game unplayable enough that I spend my time elsewhere.

7E17C175-6891-4B26-B89F-389065F24312.png

Back