Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Horrible game even if free for the weekend.
40 GB download and FPS anywhere from 10-39 and just do not get why people defend this game.
I think this was the worst gaming experience I had with a game ever.Uninstalled too bad I love Crytek even though there not Crytek.

Now for some screens

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_26_463.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_29_576.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_39_378.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_41_530.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_44_174.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_46_668.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_50_206.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_09_52_442.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_10_10_699.jpg

Star_Citizen_2018_08_25_19_10_30_099.jpg

I can't believe the trolls hate the game so much, yet they're even willing to lie about backing the game just so they can keep trolling it. It's getting ridiculous.
The majority of critics don't hate the game. They hate being repeatedly lied to regarding the progress on a game they desperately want and they hate seeing delusional fanatics repeatedly enable the person/people lying to them.

This was a golden opportunity. A passionate developer wanting the chance to deliver a game in a genre that was practically dead and sorely missed. He was given everything he wanted and much, much, much more based on the promises he made. Yet here we are six years later, without even the core of the game and, last time I checked, so badly delayed that they aren't even telling us what year they'll be releasing it in any more.

Last edited:
And even that is eclipsed by the endless butthurt of salty people who aren't even fans but still waste their time following a game they'll never buy. Sad...

Lol wow. I'm in for $250 dollars circa 2012; I guess I'm just "butthurt" if I complain that the game they estimated would be released in 2014 is nowhere in sight in 2018? I guess the flightstick and pedals collecting dust on my shelf were not purchased in good faith? You're right: I spent all this money ironically because I thought it would be ultra hipster cool to hate on the game 4-6 years later.

"Aren't even fans"? Pull your head out of your ass.

Lol wow. I'm in for $250 dollars circa 2012; I guess I'm just "butthurt" if I complain that the game they estimated would be released in 2014 is nowhere in sight in 2018? I guess the flightstick and pedals collecting dust on my shelf were not purchased in good faith? You're right: I spent all this money ironically because I thought it would be ultra hipster cool to hate on the game 4-6 years later.

Damn, the very same! You just reminded me I bought a CH HOTAS for this, after 20 years of last owning a stick. I sure trolled myself hard.

And even that is eclipsed by the endless butthurt of salty people who aren't even fans but still waste their time following a game they'll never buy. Sad...

So true. I couldn't imagine endlessly following and complaining about something I didn't like or care for anymore. I guess some people have a LOT of time on their hands?

Ya, the most ambitious game in the world by an order of magnitude is going to be released in two years. You people are retarded.

Reactions: st4rk
like this
Ya, the most ambitious game in the world by an order of magnitude is going to be released in two years. You people are retarded.

What's this about two years? It's been six years. When it's 2020 and the game hasn't been released will you point out that the game wasn't going to be released in 2014? At what point will get get to play Squadron 42? I'm sure there's someone over there right now suggesting that they should redo half the game with ray tracing.

Fun times showing some free flyers around. Spawned a Gemini and carried their bikes and some of my other ground vehicles in it while they followed in their Cutlasses. Also handed out 10k credits per person via creative use of the service beacon system so they could buy armor/weapons. We ended up going to Kareah and taking it over to clear their crime stat (they crashed a lot before getting the hang of flying lol) before calling it a night.

ScreenShot1807.jpg

ScreenShot1815.jpg

Horrible game even if free for the weekend.
40 GB download and FPS anywhere from 10-39 and just do not get why people defend this game.
I think this was the worst gaming experience I had with a game ever.Uninstalled too bad I love Crytek even though there not Crytek.

Now for some screens

View attachment 99205
View attachment 99206
View attachment 99207
View attachment 99208
View attachment 99209
View attachment 99210
View attachment 99211
View attachment 99212
View attachment 99213
View attachment 99214

I was very let down when the first person shooter mode was by far the worse I’ve ever seen. I had high hopes since they used crytek for the first couple years. On the bright side when it’s released in 2024 (?) the graphic cards will have no problems handling the outdated graphics.

Btw, what’s with all the dick pics?

I was very let down when the first person shooter mode was by far the worse I’ve ever seen. I had high hopes since they used crytek for the first couple years. On the bright side when it’s released in 2024 (?) the graphic cards will have no problems handling the outdated graphics.

Btw, what’s with all the dick pics?
How could the graphics be outdated when they throw everything out every two years and redo every ship and asset as new graphic option/api/trend/technology tickles Chris between his coke sessions?

Well they been saying this year two more years just to get to beta stage. So that's 2020 I suppose just for beta. I knew all this when I signed up last summer. I'm in for the long haul. Its a gamble I'm okay with. I don't think the graphics are out dated. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with new graphics by the time the game actually goes full release. God knows they got the money to do it. I'm curious if they can get SQ42 out sometime in 2019. Probably late 2019 if they do. Since December 2017 they been talking it up more like they had just started on it. I mean actually really started it. Yeah I know they were suppose to have started it way way back but I'm pretty sure they didn't do much other than talk about it then as well. Time will tell.

In case any missed it, there is a lore mini game going on for the Newest ship.

www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/99tnwj/mercury_manhunt_instructions/

Basically you just check the spectrum page and when a new post comes in it will give a hint of the system to check. Go to the whatever system is hinted at in the starmap and there should be a green indicator that you can right click on for the location. You then go to the mini game page enter the info and then choose a side. You get a forum badge depending on the side you took and you get a skin for the Mercury, I think the skin design is dependent on which side wins in the end. Also you can get both forum badges because the location changes a few times a day so you can renter the data after a new post comes in and then choose the other side. I think the lore story changes depending on how many choose each side each time the position changes. Basically a quest tree.

I laughed my ass off when I reinstalled this a month ago or so. I hadn't touched the game in well over a year.

They still haven't figured out how to make walking around feel right. Aside from the constant stuttering, you move so. so. so. slow. Whose idea was it to code the movement like that? If I was a random person who knew nothing of the history of this "game" I would prolly have uninstalled the first time you get to walk around.

Wow, now the trolls are grouping in random computer accessories as the cost of backing Star Citizen - as if SC held a gun to your head and forced you to buy an expensive HOTAS setup. While you're at it, factor in your rent and mortgage payment - it is Star Citizen's fault that you need a house to play in too!

Yet NONE of these trolls can prove they ever backed SC - they just throw out random numbers: "Hurrr, I backed $220 and I'm mad as hell! and now mah hotas just collects dust cuz der aint other games that uses teh hotas either!!1".

Er, wasn't it Chris Roberts himself that claimed (in 2012) that SC would be released in 2014? :D

That doesn't mean anything and intelligent people take stuff like that with a grain of salt. I take any time estimate for a service or product development cycle and DOUBLE it at a minimum right off the bat. Whether it be software, vehicles, repairs, you name it. We live in an era of laughable promises that are never met to get people excited and to drive hype. It is just marketing.

Really great things take a lot of time and effort to produce. I don't care if SC doesn't launch until 2022. A great end product with a long wait is better than a quick crap product, or a product never completed at all.

That doesn't mean anything and intelligent people take stuff like that with a grain of salt. I take any time estimate for a service or product development cycle and DOUBLE it at a minimum right off the bat. Whether it be software, vehicles, repairs, you name it. We live in an era of laughable promises that are never met to get people excited and to drive hype. It is just marketing.

Really great things take a lot of time and effort to produce. I don't care if SC doesn't launch until 2022. A great end product with a long wait is better than a quick crap product, or a product never completed at all.
Cheers for confirming that Chris Roberts made laughable promises that are never going to be met, purely as marketing to drive hype ;)

But more seriously, are you not a bit concerned that SC could fall into the "product never completed at all" category?

Wow, now the trolls are grouping in random computer accessories as the cost of backing Star Citizen - as if SC held a gun to your head and forced you to buy an expensive HOTAS setup. While you're at it, factor in your rent and mortgage payment - it is Star Citizen's fault that you need a house to play in too!
It was a statement of our dedication to the (promise of) a game, not a cost of backing it. But I'm sure you were just playing dumb with that one.

Oh, and not only an expensive HOTAS, but a TrackIR as well!

Yet NONE of these trolls can prove they ever backed SC - they just throw out random numbers: "Hurrr, I backed $220 and I'm mad as hell! and now mah hotas just collects dust cuz der aint other games that uses teh hotas either!!1".
I wish I had backed it with only $220, my shame would be smaller. Luckily, I managed to sell my ships and recover the investment. Hardware and t-shirts are still with me. The former I hope to use one day in some other game, or for replays of WC and X-Wing/Tie fighter. The latter I still wear as they are high quality, and the shame is minimal as no one knows what the logos represent.

Oh, and if you believe Chris that SC is being worked on seriously and it will come out ever with even a fraction of promised content, my posts should be like a tripple verified Pulitzer winning journalist report.

Cheers for confirming that Chris Roberts made laughable promises that are never going to be met, purely as marketing to drive hype ;)

But more seriously, are you not a bit concerned that SC could fall into the "product never completed at all" category?

Sure it could fall into that category, just like any software. But I think people out there now want SC to fail as they would get some kind of enjoyment out of it. I bet 90% of incessant complainers and negative followers don't even have money involved with the project and are trolls.

Wrong. It is lying.

Which everyone does everyday and what marketing is built upon. Boohoo.

dying-of-laughter-gif.gif

Quality content. /Ignore

Last edited:
As a Software Developer, I have serious concerns about the future of this game.

One of the first things you do with software development is create a list of features and requirements for the software, along with establishing timelines for the software.

Once complete with the core engine and basic features, you then start to create lists of "I wish the software did this" and then add in any features which were missing in the first run through, by using the same method of planning.

This company appears to be arbitrarily adding in features and increasing the backlog over a period of 6+ years, all the while they do not have the basic backlog of tasks complete which they originally set out to accomplish.

It means the company creating this game lacks experience or good practice in development.

The fact that they have still not learned from their mistakes or have taken basic lessons on development means they are highly unlikely to push through with a finished product in the future.

More evocati invites coming out soonish, which also means 3.3 testing phase is just around the corner. Good luck.

I've tried to put in a word for certain individuals here but they told me no guarantees because the selection process is based on hours played or contribution/involvement in the issue council.

The game is about to get much much larger with 2 new planets: Hurston + 4 moons in 3.3 and Arc Corp + 2 moons in 3.4, and they're gonna need ever increasing numbers of early testers. All it takes is going in game and reproducing bugs that are on triage or even ones already confirmed.

Last edited:
ever get that fixed? ;)
Yeah, I've uninstalled the hangar module :)

But, seriously, no, never figured it out. Don't remember if a card change or some OS/driver update eventually fixed it, or I really did just stop seeing it only after no longer running SC. There were many Google results mentioning that issue with various cards and games, but no working solution offered.

Has Robert’s ever released a game without adult supervision forcing it to be ?

Doubtful. SC is just the same rehash of the Starlancer/Freelancer debacle. Except that Starlancer (SQ42) was actually released as a working game. Freelancer was sold off to MS and finished (6 years after start I think?) missing a lot of promised features. I think the biggest surprise for me was that Roberts couldn't even get a SQ42 up and running within 2-3 years to prove he wasn't full of baloney.

I need to find the free SC game code card that came with my R9 290 card almost 4 years ago. I actually kinda regret forgetting to activate it. It came with some AMD red color scheme for a ship if I remember right.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
I don't like it either, but to be fair Blizzard and others do the same thing. Those venue's aren't cheap (but I'm sure there is still probably some profit in there).

I don't like it either, but to be fair Blizzard and others do the same thing. Those venue's aren't cheap (but I'm sure there is still probably some profit in there).
they have the money, lots and lost of it.

I like Blizzard's games, have played wow for years and I don't bother with paying for that crap. Also, Blizzard has actually shipped games, the pass covers many games if I recall correctly and you at least get digital goodies for various games for your money. Did these goons even offer a ship skin or free ship repairs or a free digital hand job by the latest 3D MoCapped Ray Traced space hookers?

Edit: Hah, they're handing out free wearable duster jackets in game, a trophy, and a citizencon weapon.

Back