Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Retaliator intercepting a derelict Starfarer heading on a crash course to port Olisar. Torpedoes were not armed though so there will be no pretty fireworks but the whole video presentation and execution are top notch.

Some good news for people interested in the Buccaneer, Ben said on the 10ftd that due to how the ship pipeline works its easier to take a ship directly from concept right into production, but also because they have been fleshing out the Caterpillar the Drake Buccaneer is scheduled to go into production immediately.

So should be a quick turn around from concept to flyable ship like the Sabre.

I just got done listening to the Subscriber RTV from last week, it looks like the Caterpillar is around 100m, probably a little more than less. I may need to buy that one back at some point :)

Yeah from the latest "Fast Forwad" it is looking pretty nice. They settled on having 2 decks for the command module which makes it able to be operated independently like a lifeboat should you need to flee in a hurry. They also showed off the new real time 3d map of the ship showing the location of the crew.

Last edited:
Yeah looks like a pretty nice multi-purpose ship, great for collecting booty from a cutlass/buc's rampage.

*heavy breathing*

I mean, I can't wait to fill that pretty hull full of my haul.

The only change I'm sad about is the it doesn't look like the 4 or 5 "modules/sections" can't actually separate now. Unless I misunderstood them, it seems like the new way it going to happen is the "modules" slip into the 4 or 5 sections rather than completely separate. kind of like the Retaliator modules.

Buc Q&A #1 is up

Drake Buccaneer Q&A Part 1 - Roberts Space Industries

Found this one kinda interesting for people that like FPS on foot, buc seems to be an ideal ship (as far as single seat combat ships go) if you think you think you might get into a gun fight where you land.

There appears to be a space behind the pilots seat that looks like room for an additional seat or potential space for small cargo. Will there be any function to this space?

There will be a few components the Pilots would be able to access from this space with the most notable being a full size weapon rack available. It won’t be any sort of discrete cargo space, but you will have enough space on the rack for at least 3 standard FPS weapons up to the size of the Sniper Rifle. As for the possibility of an additional seat, the Buccaneer is intended to be a single-seat fighter. We do not anticipate a change to this in the future, or for any potential variants.

2.4 ArcCorp

And more Buccaneer beauty shots

Really like this one

E5cewoY.jpg

Last edited:
I really hate the new forum, it keeps stopping updating me on this thread.

Anyways, grabbed a Buccaneer, melted my Herald for it and with the new/updated hard point system it's going to be a powerful little ship for the price.

2.4 imminent public release, PTU access for ALL backers to stress test servers.

SC Alpha 2.4.0 on the PTU for ALL backers

Zyloh-CIG said:
Greetings Citizens,

As part of a final series of tests, Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 is now on the PTU for all backers to assist in stressing the servers!

SC Alpha 2.4 introduces the first iteration of in-game persistence and shopping, as well as major changes to the controls, updates to the ship roster (including making the massive Starfarer flyable in-game), bug fixes, balance updates and more! In short, this is our biggest and most important update since Star Citizen Alpha 2.0.

Heh, That's funny Ranger, I keep debating melting something for a Herald... I really think that might be a fun and profitable little ship.

And: 2.4.0, YES!

Now that the 2.4 sale is up, if you happen to have a old CCU that you melted from the base reliant to one of the variants you can re-buy it with the difference of the new Reliant base price vs the old variant price since they haven't updated the costs on those. I was able to re-buy the Researcher CCU for $10 instead of the original $25. Not sure if they plan to fix this so act quickly ;)

Got back home last night from the Argentina - Panama game (with a hat-trick by Messi) to see 2.4 go live. :cool:

Installed 2.4. Loaded in. Got a game disconnect error and now it is stuck in load screen. So I guess the server is STRESSED.

Yeah. The server is maxed out for certain.

I tried playing this again the other day...performance is absolutely terrible. Also, I tried playing the tutorial mission and got stuck unable to destroy an enemy with missiles (the missiles are far too slow; apparently this is a known issue with that tutorial)

Graphically and mechanically it is looking good so far but it still feels very early alpha for a game that has been in development for almost 4 years.

I spend a frustrating night trying to got 1st off a load out to stick into a game and then 2nd get ammo into my ballistic weapons on my ship before just giving up and playing Overwatch, never thought I'd miss the Holotable :-(

You outfit the dragonfly's with EMP type weapons to disable and board the ships, no need to unload the cargo :D

tempted to get the caterpillar because people say it will go up in price but I really don’t want to spent anymore money on this game

It's hard to figure out just how much the price will increase, I can see it going to at least 300 but it's hard to say, it's grown to ~110 meters but it's still bare bones in the middle so it may not go much higher for the base model, god only knows what kind of modules they will have :cry:..

I wouldn't spend more money if your questioning it, Personally I've just been buying and melting stuff with my store credits for the past year so I can get stuff back at the original price once they have a realistic release date and I figure out what I really want. One thing I would recommend would be to buy all the $0 CCU's (don't melt them) so if something happens to shoot up in price (Most likely the Banu Merchantman and Caterpillar) you may be able to side grade your way up $50-$100 into a much larger ship for $5 or so.

If you are paying hundreds of $ for jpegs of ships right now because you think they will sell for even more hundreds of $ at a later date I think you are in for a very rude awakening. If you do the math the theoretical grind/$ is way out of whack right now in favor of the almighty $.

Be smart with your $.

If you are paying hundreds of $ for jpegs of ships right now because you think they will sell for even more hundreds of $ at a later date I think you are in for a very rude awakening. If you do the math the theoretical grind/$ is way out of whack right now in favor of the almighty $.

Be smart with your $.

I think most of us are expecting ships to be rather worthless once you can earn them all for real in the game with actual credits, and keep them that way.

Buying them now is just a way to circumvent some time investment, or to be able to focus on what you want to do sooner, rather than later.

Like my whole thought process was that the credits i saved not buying the hull's would end up being spent directly on upgrading those hulls with better equipment so my first few missions instead of saving for a better ship i can go right into buying better equipment for the ships i already have.

Dragonfly early in engine work in progress. If all goes well it'll be hangar ready for 2.6 and flight ready for 2.7

MnnkCtl.gif

2.4.1 was the last patch for the recently released 2.4, next step is 2.5.
2.5 is not feature locked yet but it's already being tested by Q&A using the dev branch.
Grim Hex, pirate space station most likely coming in 2.5. It'll be located in the Yela asteroid field embedded inside a huge asteroid.

If you watch this video it shows the largest asteroid in Yela where a boss currently spawns, this is the likely location of the new pirate base.

It will have a similar look and feel to the Nyx landing zone.

Org 2.0 has grown to incorporate much more than originally planned. It'll integrate Discord like features, brand new forums/chat as well as the previous org 2.0 goals like private org forums, chat, a proper friends list, etc. It's an entirely new communications platform for the website that will integrate with the game itself. You could have someone looking at the web/browser end of the interface and they can interact in real time with someone in-game.

And lastly Hornet F7A spied on the last ATV. Some speculated it was a redesign of the F7C vanilla hornet but Disco_Lando confirmed it was actually the military F7A which we'll be seeing in SQ42. Oh and remember if you have one of the skin upgrade kits you'll be able to make your current hornet look like that.

ysj7GTw.jpg

Last edited:
Happy 4th of July guys! Some org mates went in today and did (feebly) some multi-crew, it was fun.
980072EC097FA5297566569F609A477E8FC9DEC8

Hey guys, I'm brand new just getting into the game. I barely have the basics down and I have no idea about a long term strategy toward improving my situation, ships, equipment, etc.

I have the Aurora MR and an Electric Rifle, that's it.

I am not such a good dogfighter, say I am batting 50 50 if it's a one on one, two on one I usually loose out.

I am looking long term at becoming some sort of salvager/explorer mix, meaning two ships, one for salvage ops and another to look for salvage/explore for profit I hope. I understand the game mechanics may not support all of this at the moment, but my initial challenge is just to be able to grind missions without losing fights so often.

My current thoughts were to just upgrade to an Avenger Stalker and hope that will do it. But I don't know that this is the trick. It's also possible that I just need better weapons on my MR, but I don't know where/how to buy them.

All I am aware of at the moment is that there are a few missions I can grind repeatedly, ICC, PI, repair satellites, and some bounty missions which the Avenger might be good for?

Looking for just a few pointers, I can pick up more later.

Well, remember that aUEC that you are earning right now is going to get reset a LOT. It got reset when they went from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 so don't attached to it. That being said there are a couple non-combat, or at least less combat, ways to get it.

First is the P.I. mission, no shooting at all unless it's with other players. Note there is a short and long way to complete this one, the long way gives you more cash.

The next is scavenging. This takes a bit of luck and noodling around. You'll see faint green glows fairly often around various places, those are debris fields with containers in them! Most of the ICC mission locations have a couple and there are a bunch in the asteroid belt around Yala too. The ones in Yala sometimes have pirates guarding them, sometimes not. You can find booze and cigars wich give you instant cash in some of the containers. These respawn around every 10 minutes or so, expect to find them empty occasionally. You'll also find random personal firearms and unlootable Big Benny noodle boxes as well. You can't sell the personal firearms and they disappear once you log out.

You can't buy ships or ship gear (weapons, shields, etc.) with aUEC yet, it's coming though. I wouldn't be surprised to see weapons in 2.5 at all.

If you want to spend cash to upgrade the cheapest option will be to an Aurora LN, that gets you more default guns, missiles, and I think a better shield. The Avenger is a bit more and a bit better. Don't feel you need to spend real cash though if you don't really want to support the game. You'll be able to earn it all in the game.

You can also play Arena Commander in any of the on-line modes except free-flight and earn REC which allows you to rest ships and gear for AC only. It's a good way to try before you buy.

Couple other things.

You can buy weapons with UEC now, but don't because they're all still in the balance blender and you can't sell stuff bought with UEC back.

Bounty hunting isn't really in yet, no subdue or jail mechanics. There are kill missions now, mainly for people who get to outlaw rank 5.

If you bought your package recently you may want to melt it and get the Mustang Alpha version, should be the same price but upgrading the ship will cost $5 less when you do it. Plus you can play with a Mustang for a few days. They are fast, agile and made of paper. If you bought a while back you may not want to do this since there is a good chance you got it at a lower price and would lose that.

Long term you may want to look at a Reliant Sen for either earning in game or getting for your starter ship. It's not flight ready, or available for sale, right now. When it does go flight ready it will go on sale again. You can likely do both exploration and some salvage with it, although you may want a different equipment loadout for each, depending on what they add for game mechanics for each later on.

Don't spend any more cash yet. Try upgrading your ship for free first (Ship store -> Ship Upgrades). There should be a Mustang that has an equivalent cost. Buy it for $0, the upgrade will go into your hangar (My account -> My hangar). Apply it to your aurora and log back into the game. You can go back and forth like this as often as you want.

Back