Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I didn't look over the patch notes very well, but i would assume most of the changes/additions were for the PU

Jump Point issue 04.05
[JUMP POINT]May's Issue of Jump Point. Enjoy! • /r/RSIsubscriber

mqgG6qY.jpg

Drake Buccaneer

About the same size as a Gladius, but different capabilities/performance. Has more gun hardpoints than gladius but less missiles. Will have cargo capability tailored for smuggling (think hidden compartments).

hVvjKWZ.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a bit Aegis like with the large round intakes but then it has the drake nose, i have $105 in credit if i melt one of my P-72's so i will most likely do that and just throw in $5 to get one.

Should round out my Idris hanger so i have 3 fighters for the flight deck if people are too lazy to bring their own ships. Super Hornet + F7A upgrade, Sabre, and Buccaneer.

Matt said this (so the under-fuselage weapon is likely the 360 degree unmanned turreted weapon)....

"Its biggest weapons are all planned to allow a full 360 rotational arc from their mount."

Sounds like its the size of a gladius but it fits more into the hornet class, which it should based on its price.

wonder if it will have any variants that change up that turret spot

Last edited:
Oh hey... just realized i have that $5 off miners coupon that is good until the 1st, will be able to use that on the Buccaneer :)

Tshh, I am no longer on the PTU. That sucks, I was looking forward to it this weekend.

That's silly looking. Why would a spaceship have jet engines?

It's kinda cute, if you want a "cute" spaceship. I don't.

it doesn't have a jet engines. at least not in the traditional sense of atmospheric jet engines.

We could try to use our imaginations and think of those front openings as some type of cosmic collectors. :p

Starfarer Gemini vs stock Starfarer

Hornet cockpit progression, updated with 2.4.0

Last edited:
2.4 has persistent in-game cash (aUEC), the ability to earn it from missions and finding items, plus spend it on clothing, armor, guns, ammo, and medpens. Ship equipment can also be changed out in the baby PU now and is persistent. Repair, fuel and ship ammo are also in and cost aUEC. That's a bunch of MMO features right there.

The single player S42 will be out before the end of the year. Seems very achievable given the state of the game we have now.

This is far cry 3 ANNOUNCEMENT video

and fallout 4

usually developers take another few months to a year to polish up from there, then beta it and release.
If the game is to be out by this year, it should have reached that point by now.

I'm expecting the game to take at least another year or two to reach there, then another half for beta and polishing and debugging IF they start working at the speed of average developers.

Yay finally.. now the question is what do i ccu it into, don't really want a Gladius since i have a Hornet and Sabre, Buccaneer? M50?

0fVTMVX.jpg

wEl1eps.jpg

As much as I want them to succeed I think DPI may be right for this year. I have a feeling S42 will get delayed a bit.

Hmm who should we pay attention to. A random forum nobody known for his monthly PMS induced bitter angsty skeptic rant failing to be taken seriously or the game's developers delivering content regularly?

We are up to 2.4.0i just released a few hours ago (I hope people don't need help counting the letters of the alphabet :D) and for the few weeks prior to hitting the PTU things were under NDA so I couldn't post much but you'll see a lot more coming from the devs and community soon.

Have some fully flyable Starfarer blowing up, everyone in the PTU still has full access to them :cool:

AdorableWaryBarbet-size_restricted.gif

Or hunting down a stowaway that sneaked into a Starfarer and fighting pirates :cool:

One trick pony trolls that repeat themselves by either asking the same stupid question over and over or making the same ignorant angsty uninformed assertions are so easy to see through.

Last edited:
Sorry, but if there's anything that's certain besides death and taxes, it is that by the end of the year nothing will yet be out, and this thread will still just be circle-masturbating to jpgs of ships. Just like the post above this one.

What is wrong with a good ol' fashion circle jerk?

Everyone has a good time.

One trick pony trolls that repeat themselves by either asking the same stupid question over and over or making the same ignorant angsty uninformed assertions are so easy to see through.

Anyone new to the thread beware, especially posters above me.
Asking about the progress twice in 5 years developed game after pledging tagged me as a troll here, so remember to only ask once.

I have no idea how they are giving PTU access but it doesn't seem like to "original" backers as I don't have a invite.

They're inviting people that file bug reports, or at least comment on them, and people with good PTU playtime early now. I think later waves they start going through backer numbers still. Previous (several major patches ago) PTU invites were mainly based on when you backed, but if you stopped playing on the PTU then you basically lost your spot. So if you really want in, get active in the bug reporting tool, either filing or confirming existing bugs, for the main servers.

Wow- that's much more in depth than I have seen previously! Nice scripting!

Oh- is that the default voice?

16:18 - ATV BTS: Drake Buccaneer - Design w/ Matt Sherman

36:25 - SHIP SHAPE: Drake Buccaneer - Art w/ Jim Martin

22:30 Matt - "Dedicated Interceptor / Fighter / Support for the Drake Family"

23:10 Matt - "Buccaneer poised to Leverage the new Smuggling system once it is Iron-out and approved"

23:38 Jared - "You are not meant to be a one man pirate force" - Matt "No - it is about working in Tandem with others (Drake ships and other players)."

24:44 Matt "The Cutlass will be the more durable and rugged Alternative" (as oppose to the Buccaneer)

Some pics of the Buccaneer in the spoiler tags

NQ1fBH4.jpg

B7mY3kW.jpg

GxGD3iO.jpg

Wing Tips are size 1 fixed

Inner Wings are Size 3, come with size 2 gimbaled.

Size 4 mount with 2x size 2 for the turret. With option similar to hornet with a size 4 weapon.

picture also shows rocket pods.

Weapon wise it seems like a solid alternative to the F7C, which explains its $110 price same as the F7C.

NNQZwra.jpg

13243899_1049223538464265_2896550973602247887_o.jpg

Last edited:
If you own a Cutlass Black you get a $10 off code for the Buccaneer, I don't have one.

If someone does not plan to use their $10 off code id be interested in it. I can trade a couple extra sub hangar flair items for it:

Takuetsu 350r Ship Model
Takuetsu Starfarer Model
Puglisi Collection: Vasli Fragment Stone

rkt69hN.png

Let me check- just a sec...

Huh, I don't have one... I guess my Cutlass is just a Blue now.

RTV

Turb is all specced out on the new ORG 2.0 and overall forums and chat rework and are starting to get to work on it.

Just need to be built now lol... i can't wait.

Also people that buy a buccaneer will get a 18,000 UEC weapon pack from Voyager direct the one they get will be decided in a vote lone wolf style or group oriented one.

If you CCU you will not get it immediately but they will run a script at some point so all Buc owners get it.

And you get one for every buccaneer you buy, its not one per account.

Last edited:
Nice! I love the look of the ship, but don't know that I would love playing it... I really think I'll be happier with my CutBlue... And I will still keep the Avenger just because I love it's looks.

Nice! I love the look of the ship, but don't know that I would love playing it... I really think I'll be happier with my CutBlue... And I will still keep the Avenger just because I love it's looks.

Honestly the Blue is one of the most well rounded ships.

And quite vital when it comes to prisoner/slave transport ;)

And if it will have the option to pull the cells for cargo capacity even better.

People hate on the cutlass for not being as agile as a dedicated fighter but the ship is just so versatile. It can still dogfight when it needs too but it just does so much more.

If i was going to have a small-mediumish ship that has a booty for hauling booty it would be the Cutlass Blue

Does anyone have any good 4K shots of the regular Starfarer in flight? I need a new wallpaper. :D

Describe the type of scene you want and I can go make a few shots for you. I can't do 4K, sadly, only 2560x1600 single screen and 5760x1200 Eyefinity

P.S: Boom!

Last edited:
Here's some crappy shots from my last play session a couple hours ago on a Starfarer Gemini.

Back