Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Just wait till we get another couple of corvettes added to the mix lol. We need to get a bunch of new people into the game that only want a Auroras haha.

Last edited:
On topic edit:

Buy back tokens have been issued for everyone who is elegible for one. And remember these are not cumulative.

Last edited:
What bad taste? People in the know, know that it would never happen and understand that they are just thumbing their nose at actual past attempts by investors to muscle in with their money. If I remember correctly CIG was approached by private investors attracted by the success of the crowdfunding campaign, check in hand, and they were told to "fuck off".

Now some actual factual info, from RTV:

All large ship owners (Starfarer, 890J, Idris, Javelin, Carrack, Reclaimer, et al) will get a Starfarer loaner :cool:

Last edited:
Yeah, it would never happen. They just don't even need to consider stuff like that.

From the latest 10FTC a hint of the future meta of the game. Ballistic weapons will outclass energy weapons and will be adjusted to have their damage/effectiveness increased (even more than they already do today) once persistence is implemented. The trade off is that they will be perishable (you'll eventually run out of ammo), whereas energy weapons will have virtually unlimited "ammo" as long as your power plant is active.

Saw this one on face book, i think its fan made but its a pretty nice wallpaper

12961434_1776536475915132_3942382143227627552_o.jpg

Idris stats

CIG if the Idris is almost done please give us the updated stats - Page 4

Howdy!

These are the stats currently listed in our internal Wiki. I should stress that these are by no means final, and really won't be even when the Idris is flight ready... a whole lot of balancing (and thus stat) work takes place AFTER that stage. (Similarly, these may have changed in the three days since they were last edited in the Wiki, too... much of this can be changed by a technical designer working out something with just a few keystrokes.)

Manufacturer Aegis Dynamics
Variants 2 (M/P)
Cargon Capacity 100 SCU
Cargo Storage Cargo Rooms
Landing Gear Skids
Take Off Method VTOL
Max Crew 37
Role Frigate
Length 237m
Width 134m
Height 50m
Mass 1,600,000kg
Docking Ring Yes
Radar Type 3D

Avionics
12x Name TBC (Medium - Bridge)
8x Name TBC (Medium - ATC Room)

Coolers
4x Name TBC (Capital - Hangar Floor)
8x Name TBC (Medium- Hangar Wall)

Fuel System
2x Name TBC Fuel Intake (FL,FR)
1x Name TBC Fuel Tank

Gravity Generator
1x Name TBC (Capital)

Life Support
1x Name TBC (Capital)

Jump Drive
1x Name TBC (Capital)

Power Plant
2x Name TBC (Capital - Reactor Room)
2x Name TBC (Medium - Bridge)
4x Name TBC (Medium - Hangar)

Radar
1x Name TBC (Capital)

Shield Generator
4x Name TBC (Capital - Shield Gen Room)
2x Name TBC (Medium - Bridge)

Thrusters
8x TR5 (Main)
8x TR3 (Maneuvering)

Turrets
5x Behring M3C ASA Turret (2xS4 Guns)
1x Behring M5C STS Turret (2xS6 Guns)

Weapons
1x Klaus & Werner Zestroyer Rail Gun (S10)

Missiles
1x A&R Plowshare Anti-Ship Missile Launcher (ASML)

Also another question in the thread.

I'd like to know how the Max Crew of 37 was calculated?
Ben-

I suspect (but would need to talk to folks who are asleep right now in the UK) that it's the number of crew NPCs aboard her in Squadron.

Bleh. Any chance this game develops into a universe where you have actual space and land combat on a large scale? I would love to be a part of a major battle. Being able to go from gunning in a ship to boarding another ship or asteroid/planet in a coordinated assault would be tits.

Bleh. Any chance this game develops into a universe where you have actual space and land combat on a large scale? I would love to be a part of a major battle. Being able to go from gunning in a ship to boarding another ship or asteroid/planet in a coordinated assault would be tits.

i thought this game was that.... :confused:

I just can't tell from what I have experienced so far. Seems like it is going that direction. To what degree though? Will there be pirates vs good guys. Different factions or nations? Aliens? Etc. Just being lazy I guess.

Another Free Fly week underway starting today until next Friday the 22nd :cool:

8glTY5n.jpg

All you have to do is create an account and install the game.The ships available are the Aurora LN, Mustang Delta and Hornet.

Enjoy!

P.S: Anyone that clicked on the Reliant Big Benny's space noodles April Fool's will get a $5 coupon later today

Official link: Roundup: Free Fly, Military Ship Sale and More! - Roberts Space Industries

Greetings Citizens,
From time to time we like to open Star Citizen up to our fans, and provide access to ships they might not otherwise own. This is not only a great chance for players to try new ships out, but it helps provide additional testing for those ships, too!

In addition, it can be a great way to introduce new players to the growing universe of Star Citizen as well. For the next week until April 25th, we’ve enabled Free Fly access to all accounts in celebration of PAX East. While we won’t be there this year in person, any chance to celebrate Star Citizen sounds like a good idea to us! For the next week, anyone with a Star Citizen account will have access to the Aurora LN, the F7C Hornet, and the Mustang Delta. This Free Fly event gives new players access to three unique parts of the Star Citizen experience:

• Star Citizen Alpha 2.3.1 – Also known as Crusader or the “mini-PU,” this is the nucleus of the world we’re building! Featuring multiple space stations and environments, scripted missions, places to explore and more, Alpha 2.3.1 is your first look at a much larger universe!
  • Arena Commander – Arena Commander is a ‘game within a game’ that we’ve used to develop our flight mechanics and ship combat balance. Take on human opponents or an AI swarm in single seat fighter.
  • Social Module – Interact with other players while you explore our first landing zone, ArcCorp! The Social Module is intended as a starting point for our world building,
You can register for an account here to get started. If you already have an account from a previous Free Fly, you’re all set! Just log in via the Star Citizen launcher and we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!

Last edited:
Be cool if I could actually fly. I really need to be patient. You would think I would be after turning 42 but nope. Derp. I also need a friggin stick. Good to have goals.

A stick is not obligatory, KB+Mouse works fine (I use that myself rather than the X52 Pro sitting on my desk lol).

Check your email, $5 coupons have been sent out to qualifying backers

cbmI0JB.jpg

Between the xian scout going up $20 and the $5 coupon I saved $25 in my upgrade path to my Orion. Sweet!

well damn, that sucks. I didn't know there was a "fooled" flair you could get for the forum, I was able to get it on my main account I was actually logged in at the time fortunately, but not the other accounts I was sitting on for my friends :( . I haven't been paying close attention to the forums lately.. To much work and Game of thrones is about to take over my life again lol.

Can't wait to see what the Prospector looks like though.

Between the xian scout going up $20 and the $5 coupon I saved $25 in my upgrade path to my Orion. Sweet!

Damn, I was wondering if that would work. I have a few Taurus -> Scout $0 upgrades and I guess they are basically $20 coupons now.

well damn, that sucks. I didn't know there was a "fooled" flair you could get for the forum, I was able to get it on my main account I was actually logged in at the time fortunately, but not the other accounts I was sitting on for my friends :( . I haven't been paying close attention to the forums lately.. To much work and Game of thrones is about to take over my life again lol.

Can't wait to see what the Prospector looks like though.

i didn't get it didnt even know about it lol, been soaking up too much time in BDO i check the forums still but i never went to the april fools page so i didnt get the flair or coupon.

(mmblesomethingfirefly) I'm loving the feel of the Caterpillar, not so shiny and pretty as the other large ships...

Wow, you know looking at that Caterpillar art, it really does look like it could end up being 100+ meters long.

So guys, is there a quake arena or such type of area yet...you know, where you can fight mano a mano?

Damn, I was wondering if that would work. I have a few Taurus -> Scout $0 upgrades and I guess they are basically $20 coupons now.
They do work but they have $0 melt value, so the ship you upgrade will be worth that much less and you will lose the bonus if you ever melt it.

They do work but they have $0 melt value, so the ship you upgrade will be worth that much less and you will lose the bonus if you ever melt it.

Wouldn't it be worth the same tho if you go to unmelt it?

It just depends, price may or may not change CIG hasn't commented on why they changed the policy or maybe it was just a mistake made by turbulent. Or at least I haven't seen them comment on it yet.

The Upgrades and CCU's use to stay the same as the original melt price and some still are, however the last Starfarer sale changed that. I would not expect the price of melted ccu's or upgrades to stay the same any more, they have already retroactively changed them once before. If you melted a Standalone ship those seem to have stayed the same as the original price but there is nothing stopping CIG from doing what they did with the CCU unmelt prices to the standalone ships as well.

Also they brought back the April Fools page so you can get the forum title "fooled" if you click on the "buy now" button for the skin. You won't get the $5 coupon but you can at least get the title if you missed it.

The taurus to scout ccu i melted is $20 to buy back for me now. It originally was free.

Back