Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Yup, as long as we can get them in game and insure them (CIG CS told me that would be happening) I have no plans on using that much credit for a ship, even if it looks cool, which it does :). You can get a Banu Merchantman for that price and that fighter is more of an equivalent to the much cheaper Gladius.

Got my 2.3.0 PTU invite, Xi'An Scout flight ready and Starfarer hangar ready :cool:

HUmzbJP.jpg

Last edited:
shiiiiitttt, I am officially jealous. Here I was quite literally all pumped up after finally tracking down and fixing my car engines problem (a 4 hour back breaking pain in the ass). Now I'm just sad, I'm going to go make a stiff drink and drown in my jealousy :(

guys... I have to confess I've watched several hours of the Starfarer walk through by people. I now know the layout pretty well, I'm slowly freaking our inside knowing that this is only a 90ish meter ship and the my 890 jump, Reclaimer, and Banu Merchantman are all currently spec'd to be bigger and not to fail to mention the HULL E OMFG!

guys... I have to confess I've watched several hours of the Starfarer walk through by people. I now know the layout pretty well, I'm slowly freaking our inside knowing that this is only a 90ish meter ship and the my 890 jump, Reclaimer, and Banu Merchantman are all currently spec'd to be bigger and not to fail to mention the HULL E OMFG!

Ugh i can't wait to walk around the 890...

And the Idris...

I want to walk around that 890 so bad tho, i want to see what they end up doing with it, from the battle bridge to seeing what actually fits in the hangar, like if they decided to let it carry a single 300 series ect.

The Hull E is going to need moving walkways or Jetsons tubes to move crew around.

Imagine the size of something like an Idris! Or even the Corvette! As far as the Hull-E is concerned, I'll be eager to see how it develops - much of its size is of course, the "cargo" area, but I have to wonder how much cabin room one will have. While it is especially exciting to think of how expansive the larger ships like Capitals, 890 Jump, Endeavor, Banu Merchantman and others will be like inside, It just as exciting to watch how mid-sized and smaller ships are having their layouts redone and expanded, right down to the 300 Series and Aurora! Giving these smaller ships that aren't just "pure cockpit" styles a larger footprint rework is fantastic, allowing lots of players to get the full "experience" of the game systems - such as walking around their ship, loading cargo into the hold or external "box" , sleeping/rest pods etc.. and the like. Hopefully this will mean CIG can scale the game so that players can still feel that smaller and more common ships will be commonly flown and viable, with all ships being modified with components and more. This will allow an economy where more expensive ships will take a considerable amount of time and resources to obtain, as opposed to people "blowing through" the smaller ships after a few weeks or months of play, to the point they aren't useful. Great progress, as always.

Scuttlebutt says we're getting a Starfarer commercial tomorrow along with more info related to the cargo system this Friday.

3qnz1de.jpg

For those not aware, Pedro Camacho is the Star Citizen and Squadron 42 composer.

Last edited:
Hey guys the price on the Starfarer looks like it's changing to possibly $300.

Starfarer pricebump? ($300 in the ship upgrade list) • /r/starcitizen

I went into my buyback pledges and found one Starfarer that was still available at the old $175 so I bought it. Also Starfarer Gemini upgrade was not rebuyable (greyed out) however I had 2 Connie to Gemini's that were available to repurchase for $15 each so I grabbed them lol... Not sure if this is actually a confirmed thing or not but if you have them you may want to act on them.

Last edited:
I doubt price changes would retroactively affect unmelts.

Tho if someone was interested in the Starfarer now that it is hangar ready, it would def make more sense to unmelt it than to buy it again.

I also do not fault them for raising the price as the current ship you get is well over $175 which is the price of a Saber. I expect some other ships will likely shift in price when they get to hangar ready status, BMM comes to mind as well.

Tthe standalone ships didn't seem to change but that's still a question considering they changed the upgrades. Anything that was a buyback upgrade to or from the base Starfarer has the new $300 base price difference. Gemini's have not been changed yet so there is still some time, or was last time I checked.

Not sure why they've disabled Starfarer Gemini upgrade buyback - I have a ton of buyback options, including lots of early LTI packages/no longer available types etc.. so for this one alone to be disabled is curious. Oh, can anyone give me a headsup on the new buyback system? I've not used it since it was implemented. I now see it offers 1 chance to buy back an item with Store Credit., for instance I seem to remember soemthing about these accruing "store credit buy backs" once per month or something, but now only if you use them? (ie If you don't use your 1, it stays at 1 forever. If you use it, you get another one next month etc)? Does this mean that you can buy back an unlimited amount of listed packages fully with cash? Furthermore, what are the updated rules on buyback trades? That is to say, I am guessing that if you were to buyback something with (partial/full) store credit, it would be untradable, as per "store credit = no trade" rule, right? What about cash-only buybacks? Would they be able to be gifted/traded once as any other cash purchase?

Thanks, this may save me having to write to customer service.

I think the Starfarer base to Gemini is disabled because they only updated the price increase on the base Starfarer upgrade prices. So basically, the Starfarer Gemini upgrade at the moment would be a downgrade from a $300 ship to a $240. I think once they modify the Gemini price on upgrades it will become available again. My Starfarer to Warden is disabled as well, but my Starfarer to Reclamer is available for $50 vs the original $155. Makes me wish I would have bought more Starfarers to melt way way back lol.

The buyback system works as follows.

You use 1 credit to buyback 1 pledge using store credit. You get 1 credit every quarter (3 months), use it or lose it they don't stack/accumulate. I'm not sure when the next credit comes, I would guess April 1st, but since the buyback system wasn't started till well after January 1st I'm not sure what date is the reset date.

You can buy back any melted item unless it's "restricted" such as the specially priced $20 game packages or physical items etc.. I don't think you can buy back the AMD Omoega packs either.

If store credit is used the item is bound to the account and you can't gift it.

You can't use coupons on buybacks.

If you use real money for the entire item then it's giftable.

There are no restrictions on the amount of buybacks you can get when using real money. The quarterly credits are for store credit only.

The price was suppose to be the same as what you paid originally (not including coupons, that amount is lost if you melt a item). However they seem to have modified the CCU's, Upgrades etc... with the new Starfarer price so who knows what they are planning. Standalone ships and packages (at the moment) seem to be the same as when what you paid for them.

Last edited:
Thank you, Smoeki, for the clarification. Should this be accurate, it looks like I have a significant number of packages that I could buy back and gift to others, meaning I have a ton of "early phase/original backer" LTI ships and packages that I could make available for sale/trade to those interested. I can list them up somewhere, but until I do feel free to PM me if interested.

What Constellation models where those that could be upgraded to Gemini? If anyone has any upgrade to "regular" Starfarer CCUs (assuming the older/original Starfarer price) they'd be willing to sell/trade, let me know. Looks like a very interesting development overall. Thanks!

I think the only Constellation's where the Tarus and Andromeda. Chances are there should be a few of those Andomeda to Gemini floating around because it was the cheapest way to get a CCU $15 (now worth ~$120 if the Gemini comes in at ~$345 or so :) ). I'm holding onto my upgrades since it works out to be somewhere around $500 in my favor. I'm just going to upgrade my Starfarer Geminis into a Reclaimer, Hull E, and probably add a Carrack or something else big :)

Looks like the Xi'an Scout is getting a price bump also, looks to be $20 more.

Also I was watching the RTV and I heard that the new Mining ship looks to be a MISC ship. I think I read somewhere else that it's most likely they next concept ship, or possibly the Drake Dragonfly.

edit, looks like 2.3 is live! off to see me Beer Hauler

Last edited:
Looks like the updated the stats on the Starfarer as well, it comes in at 100m now and 7 Crew, considering about 1/3 of it is fuel tanks, I'm hyped to see what these 100m+ shps will looks like (Banu MM I'm looking at you :) )

Last edited:
How does the Aurora MR compare to a Mustang Alpha for dog fighting? Looks like the Mustang has three S1 slots whereas the Aurora MR has three S2 slots. I suppose that makes the Aurora MR better for combat?

If someone were to buy one of these game packages:
Game Packages - Roberts Space Industries

That does not explicitly include Squadron 42, how much extra is it to add on Squadron 42? Lets say we want an AVENGER STALKER package for $75. Is Squadron 42 an extra $45 on top of that, or can you get a discount on Squadron 42?

And are those few ships the only full Star Citizen packages? Lets say I want to get Star Citizen + an Origin 325A or AEGIS GLADIUS. Those only seem to be in an addon ship section. Does that mean you would need a basic package with an Aurora or Mustang to get those ships? I know there are upgrade options but those cost extra money and require more advanced variants typically (additional charges). Just wondering if you can go straight to a Gladius and Star Citizen with no extra ship/upgrade fees.

From latest 10FTC hosted this time by Erin Roberts, upcoming milestones:

- Flyable Starfarer (already being tested internally)
- Persistence along with Alpha UEC to test out the economy buying clothing/armor, weapons/ammo, etc (already being tested internally as per Disco Lando's livestream last night)
- Procedural generation system

How does the Aurora MR compare to a Mustang Alpha for dog fighting? Looks like the Mustang has three S1 slots whereas the Aurora MR has three S2 slots. I suppose that makes the Aurora MR better for combat?

If someone were to buy one of these game packages:
Game Packages - Roberts Space Industries

That does not explicitly include Squadron 42, how much extra is it to add on Squadron 42? Lets say we want an AVENGER STALKER package for $75. Is Squadron 42 an extra $45 on top of that, or can you get a discount on Squadron 42?

And are those few ships the only full Star Citizen packages? Lets say I want to get Star Citizen + an Origin 325A or AEGIS GLADIUS. Those only seem to be in an addon ship section. Does that mean you would need a basic package with an Aurora or Mustang to get those ships? I know there are upgrade options but those cost extra money and require more advanced variants typically (additional charges). Just wondering if you can go straight to a Gladius and Star Citizen with no extra ship/upgrade fees.

I am pretty sure SQ42 is a $15 add on

Also you can Cross chassis upgrade a ship to what ever ship you want, and it generally costs the same.

The difference being if it is a game package part of the original cost is the game, and the ship in that package is an add-on sort of, so the value of the ship within a game package is usually $15 or so less.

So if you want to say turn a 300i into a gladius you would get the value of that 300i as a stand alone ship to put into the gladius CCU.

I played a bit last night. The baby PU was stable and I played for a few hours without issue, which is saying a lot compared to 2.0.

Some things I noticed -

-The Rattler cluster missiles (standard on a Cutlass, or can be rented) finally work as expected and are hilarious to watch home in on some poor target, blow him up then re-aquire a new target on their own.
-Coolers and Power Plants are swappable now. It let me put Aegis gear from a Sabre into an M50 for a far better cooling rate and power output. Along with a pair of the rebalanced S2 Neutron guns or Badgers it could fire more often. This bodes well for ship upgrading in the future.
-The Sabre is a badass and handles pretty well now. With four S3 Panthers and those Rattler missiles, it doesn't really break a sweat in vanduul swarm. It's only real weakness is a relative lack of countermeasures.
-There are secret caches of weapon crates in wrecked ships around Yela. Look for green lights.

Btw, you can rent the Scout now - Ship ROMs - Khartu-Al Scout - Roberts Space Industries

By the way... How well does Sabre work if you replace the fixed guns with gimballed guns?

I just don't know what I should do... Currently I have Freelancer MIS but I can switch to Super Hornet if I want to. I also have Freelancer MIS to Saber upgrade but if I apply that I can't go back.

You can gimbal the guns if you want. Up to you if you want to trade the DPS of larger guns for the easier aim. I would stick with a SH if you have it and want gimbals. You can at least go back and forth to the Gladiator (next time they are available, load up on free CCUs).

Sabre is good, but it isn't fully implemented - there is supposed to be a stealth component and that game system hasn't really been added yet.

I wouldn't change anything yet with your ships. Just get use REC to rent other ships, you can't swap weapons yet (i don't think can in the PU) but if you get the REC Rom it lets you call up the ship on the computer in the PU. Once Cargo and persistence comes online they are talking about using "fake UEC" so you can temporarily buy stuff in game. A lot can still change, so I would be a bit hesitant to make any permanent changes to you pledge ships.

Hahaha holy crap...Starfarers for everyone. You don't get a feel for how goddamn big this ship is until you see THIS from like 2 hangars back:

oURt2j6.jpg

Spent a good hour just walking around and inside the ship learning the layout. You can get lost pretty easily if you don't know your way around, and this beast is less than half the size of the Idris. We ARE going to need more org members lol.

Spent a good hour just walking around and inside the ship learning the layout. You can get lost pretty easily if you don't know your way around, and this beast is less than half the size of the Idris. We ARE going to need more org members lol.

Yeah considering we have 3 or 4 Idrii to fill out lol.

Back