Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I'm glad this game didn't flop like it seemed it was going to for a long while.

Now I just have to figure out a way to find the money for a Vive and a massive video card upgrade....

It's more like all the armchair quarterbacks spelling doom and gloom were simply wrong for doubting from the start ;)

Just tried out the criminal system. Got to level 5 in my Glaive and harassed people in cruise mode around Kareah. No one caught me so it dropped me to level 4. Had 6 people shooting at me at the end. lots of fun.

Had a blast last night in Santa Monica with all the backers and CIG folks that came out. Haven't drank beer in a long time though. I miss real booze. :p

Lando is an absolute riot.

Nice, I want to try and make one of those but I normally work Fridays and Saturdays so I can't just hop a flight and make it out there without missing work :( I saw that CitizenCon is planned for a Sunday so I may be able to catch that without to much fuss.

So... Has anyone had chance to test how Sabre feels like compared to Super Hornet or Freelancer?

Sabre is more manuverable and faster than the SH but pays for it with less guns and HP. Taking the size 3 ballistic guns off the the FL and putting them on the Sabre is popular and effective. Remember we just got the first of the revamped modular systems (coolers) added this patch. Shields are due for a major rework when they are converted over, plus we don't have a real armor system in yet.

I was so beat yesterday I didn't even have time to play in the PTU and now its live, I feel bad.

Now I just have to figure out a way to find the money for a Vive and a massive video card upgrade....
They've made a somewhat fun, somewhat buggy sandbox so far. It's definitely not the kind of game I'm going to sink hours and hours into yet. Time will tell if they manage to deliver on a significant number of their promises.

I don't get the big urge to jump into the 3D part...it is not a priority of the devs thus far since the hardware is so new and expensive. Nor is a major vid card upgrade needed just for the game, the main problem is their servers and optimization sucks balls atm. I am building a new rig and thinking a 750TI 4gb will game quite nicely.

A 750ti? Maybe at 720P. This game is still unoptimized but I would say you are going to need more gpu for the final game. I am sure 980s will be cheap by the time the game is released.

Free fly through March 20th for all backers and newcomers which includes ALL flyable ships plus ALL variants. :cool:

0aKaRzx.jpg

Last edited:
Ya first thing I flew was the Glaive, I freaking love it. Only thing is sustained fire makes the weapons overheat rather quickly but it flyes so smooth and the field of view is really good.

Sabre is preeeety damn nice... It flies so well and that's what makes it deadly. I'm not so sure about the stock weapons though. Damn, damn, damn... What to do, what to do...

Uh, what? We are still a long way off from seeing if the game delivers on anything close to its developers' "vision," which right now is still a tiny sliver of a fraction of what's been promised.

Yeah, ive got 2, 1st fleet tags not going to get 2nd fleet.

These aren't 2nd fleet tags, these are Squadron 42 specific tags. Different emblems and different engraving layout.

I got 1 of the Sq42 tags to match one of the SC 1st fleet tags.

These aren't 2nd fleet tags, these are Squadron 42 specific tags. Different emblems and different engraving layout.

I got 1 of the Sq42 tags to match one of the SC 1st fleet tags.

ah, i am happy with my 2 from the first wave still.

I guess i don't really hold much attachment to SQ42, its always been more about the mmo aspect for me.

I am wondering how many are in just for the "MMO aspect" as that comes up a lot...personally don't give a flying (insert favorite curse here) about the MMOs, which was the main reason I passed on SC when I first read about it here back in November-ish, then I read about the single player attached to it and got in for that.

I'm in it for Sq42 first and foremost. I'll play the PU, probably alot, but I initially backed for the SP game.

Just wait until a group of us can login together and fly in fleet formation in the PU.

Hmm, not sure i really want a paper star map for this game. Its going to be outdated pretty fast if its not already lol.

984380ea-bdf8-40fd-a344-f99bc04bc9df.jpg

Greetings Concierge backers!

We’re gearing up to begin fulfillment for all citizens who pre-ordered a standalone Starmap from the RSI store. (Please note: Starmaps that were included as part of a physical game package will be fulfilled at a later date, this only applies to standalone Starmap purchases.) If your account had one of these pledges on it, you’ll be receiving an email in the folowing days with additional instructions on how to confirm your shipping address.

We’ll also be listing some additional Starmap inventory in the store and we wanted to give our Concierge-level backers early access to this sale! On Wednesday March 16th at 11:00 AM PT/6:00 PM GMT, a limited number of Starmaps will be available to all Concierge-level backers for $18, which includes worldwide shipping. Additional Starmap inventory will be made available to the public on Friday March 18th. You’ll be able to locate the item in the merchandise section of the RSI store-; be sure you are logged into your account to view the listing.

Thanks for all of your Support!
-The Star Citizen Team

Subscribers got the same email, just the price is $15. I already have a digital star map as part of my game package.

Yeah, pretty much every OB/Veteran backer with a package from back then is getting one.

I think I have 4 of them coming at some point from my Physical Packages. Sucks we have to wait for it longer though than the dirty map only purchasers ;) lol

decided against getting a Citizencon ticket this time. I'm just not sure I want to spend money just to go to LA, I wish they would pick some place like Vegas.

decided against getting a Citizencon ticket this time. I'm just not sure I want to spend money just to go to LA, I wish they would pick some place like Vegas.
Amen, would much rather go to Vegas for a few days than LA. Got a ticket and a room next door. Hopefully some of the bar crew can hit some places afterwards as well.

Kinda interesting a vanduul ship is a concept sale ship, and not some other limited sale ship.

And it looks like it is the Blade.

I think I'll pass on the new Vanduul ship unless it's prices appropriately. I think it will be easier to get in game (and insurable, unless CS is wrong again :eek:) On twitter Ben said it's the Esperia knockoff like the Glaive.

Here hoping they price it better compared to the Glaive.

Last edited:
Reverse the Verse just showed a walkthrough of the Starfarer in the new larger hangar! They hope to have it finished in a few days and hopefully in 2.3!

Last edited:
The Blade sale page mentions another concept sale next month, hoping it is the pirate interceptor.

Back