Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I couldn't pass up that $45 deal to get SC and S42! What a steal.

Now I'm looking at buying hundreds of dollars in ships.....lol this was a dangerous purchase!

What do you guys think about an LX anniversary package versus one of the aurora LN starter packages?

What do you guys think about an LX anniversary package versus one of the aurora LN starter packages?

Here's a brochure for you to browse over: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/6bc4t3qcvibxor/source/Aurora-Brochure-2944-V8-2.pdf

LN comes with extra weapons and can equip better shields (both come with equal shields from the "dealer")
LX comes with a jump drive, LN does not but you'll be able to buy a jump drive in-game.

I'd argue the extra standard weapons and better shield capabilities make the LN a better choice. As far as cargo capacity they are both identical (all auroras can carry the Store-All external pod) and they all can equip the same class of jump drive.

I will be downloading the game tonight and seeing if my laptop (Alienware 17, 2013 version) will handle it with minor fuss...

Have been checking out packages, and is this one a decent ship? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/aegis-avenger/Avenger-Stalker#buying-options

If there will be no major increases over the week I can most likely get that friday...If only cause it looks about 10x better than the Aurora

Yeah Avenger is a decent step up from the Aurora and the hull is pretty flexible as it has variants (which you can upgrade to in-game) for bounty hunting, cargo transport and it even has an EMP armed variant for electronic warfare.

I was mainly considering the LX over the LN because I read that if you upgrade a ship the base items transfer over--so if I upgrade to something else I'd get the jump drive with it. And insurance covers the jump drive if it's part of the hull, like it is with the LX.

I was thinking of getting the Avenger along with the LX.

I couldn't pass up that $45 deal to get SC and S42! What a steal.

Now I'm looking at buying hundreds of dollars in ships.....lol this was a dangerous purchase!

You shouldn't really feel the need to buy anything, We have plenty of ships in the Org.

Either you can find space on one of them as a crew member, or you can take one of the extra's someone is willing to loan out to let you be the captain of.

I personally have an Idris-P, Orion, 890 Jump, Vanguard Harbinger, Sabre, Super Hornet, Omega Mustang, and chances are the majority of my time would be in the 890 Jump which means my Orion and Idris would be open for Org Operations regardless if i am on them or not. So someone needs to crew them lol.

This is the fleet from about 50 of the 100 Org members that ended up giving details on what they have.
cbrWTiY.png

did they say anything about when the cross upgrades will stop working? would we still be able to change ships after the game comes out? I'm wondering if i should buy like a 100 of these $0 upgrades back and forth

did they say anything about when the cross upgrades will stop working? would we still be able to change ships after the game comes out? I'm wondering if i should buy like a 100 of these $0 upgrades back and forth

Beta is when the majority of ship sales are supposed to end (i would expect basic package options to still exist) and that is the cut off for applying normal upgrades and would also apply to the upgrade system, any upgrades that are not applied will be taken away and you will receive their value in store credit. So ultimately you want to have all your upgrades applied before any beta phase just to be safe.

The last source we have on when the schedule for that end of ship sales phase was listed as December 2016, in a leaked document from about 8+ months or more ago, so its quite likely that date is not too accurate any more, but it could still be.

December 2016 seems like a reasonable time to have one last major holiday sale selling ships and then transition to hangar locked phases at the end of Jan. 2017 to give people a month of heads up time to make last minute upgrade applications before the hangars are locked and no longer able to apply your upgrades.

I read that after the PTU leaves beta you won't be able to CCU anymore.

I read that after the PTU leaves beta you won't be able to CCU anymore.

Its not when PTU leaves beta, it would be when the live servers Enter beta.

PTU and live server are in an early alpha state.

Beta is expected to be fully persistent with minimal wipes, and at some point no more wipes while still in beta and progress you earn in late beta would carry over to the non beta versions of the game as the late beta phase is intended to jump start the economy, so long as there are no crippling issues their plan is to not wipe during beta unless they absolutely need too.

With minimal to no wipes planned during beta, hangars need to be locked from being upgraded.

Does not look like this will work properly for me...installed it on the SSD OS drive, takes forever to load stuff, and going to the station gives me a code 7 after it spends 3-5 minutes on the loading screen. I checked the FAQ and it is an error that has something to do with old installations, which mine is fresh off their server...

It does that, just keep trying. Remember this is still in alpha.

What's your handle so I can add you in-game and we can try logging in on the same server.
P.S: Make sure it's the handle and not the community moniker as they are separate.

Last edited:
Didn't know there was a free week, but otherwise the PTU for 2.1 is open all since they weren't able to launch it before x-mas as long as you have a game package. I recommend that you just stick to live though unless you have a Freelancer you are dying to fly, there aren't as many servers as live, so huge pain to access on busy nights, considerably more issues and another 32GB to download.

It does that, just keep trying. Remember this is still in alpha.

What's your handle so I can add you in-game and we can try logging in on the same server.
P.S: Make sure it's the handle and not the community moniker as they are separate.

Handle is Hellhound15

Apparently the free trial is up already, as when trying to login this morning, I got this message..
http://imgur.com/9xqLEtk

I ended up getting an Avenger and then I was able to get an AMD code so I can either CCU that to a 300 or just keep it as a Mustang Omega since it actually looks pretty slick.

I ended up getting an Avenger and then I was able to get an AMD code so I can either CCU that to a 300 or just keep it as a Mustang Omega since it actually looks pretty slick.

The Omega is a limited edition racer, very nice. You can CCU it to a base 300i for $0 (but I don't think it'd be worth it).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/Mustang-Omega-To-300i-Upgrade

For all your options just go here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=51 and type Omega in the search box, there will be quite a few $0 options there.

I bit the bullet and got an Avenger. Funny thing is the pixelated crap went away in Hangar but when I entered the cockpit everything went wonky.

I applied for the group linked in the post as well

might have been one i missed, i doubt it was the only error in that lol my vision was gettin blurry going back and forth all the ship names.

Wildace, don't see my Carrack up there?

Tho i believe your Hull-E is likely one of the most important ship you have, I can see it being extremely useful to the Orion's (or any resource collection fleet we have starfaerer ect.)

The 3 Orion's that we have could go out mining and refining Ore and drop it off at the nearest station roughly 2x each, and then your Hull-E comes in and takes those 6x Orion loads worth of refined materials to a system where they are in high demand. So the Orions can go back out mining.

And i believe we have plenty of muscle to protect your Hull-E as well, An Idris out protecting the Orions, and Idris out protecting your Hull-E and that leaves another Idris or 2 for actual active combat missions as well.

I think our biggest issue even with 100 people in the org will be to mobilize and keep everything sufficiently crewed and organized to keep the machine running properly.

But i do believe your Hull-E will be at the center of proffitssss

Teladi2.jpg

Last edited:
...where have I ever mentioned I own a Hull-E? :p

Can't wait for Orgs 2.0, should make things a lot simpler.

...where have I ever mentioned I own a Hull-E? :p

Can't wait for Orgs 2.0, should make things a lot simpler.

Just ignore me, im losing my mind slowly. I have you listed as Mustang Omega, 350R, Gladius, F7C-M Super Hornet(F7A upgrade), Gladiator, Khartu-Al, Constellation Phoenix, Carrack, Vanguard Warden + Harbinger/Sentinel BUK's

if its wrong / needs updated i can change it.

Smoeki is the one with the Hull-E

That is correct sir, I did pick up a Glaive, Reliant Kore and a Sabre and I'll up date those.

EDIT: I'm bad, I get a new ship, but I never seem to be able to get rid of an old ship :p

I think I need a new joystick or maybe a profile that isn't for a HOTAS setup...finding it difficult to maneuver with my old Thustmaster Fox 2

I found it best to set up my own profile, go into a single player free flight and just go through the bindings. There are even landing platforms to test out landing on. Afterward you can just export your controls with the export feature and recall them when you need them.

I think I need a new joystick or maybe a profile that isn't for a HOTAS setup...finding it difficult to maneuver with my old Thustmaster Fox 2

Thrustmaster T16000m can be had for well under $50, has accurate hall effect sensors and has a reversible grip for lefties or off hand use. Using one as my off-hand in a dual stick config right now. Good but I'm still getting used to it after using my X52pro HOTAS for a long time.

Thrustmaster T16000m can be had for well under $50, has accurate hall effect sensors and has a reversible grip for lefties or off hand use. Using one as my off-hand in a dual stick config right now. Good but I'm still getting used to it after using my X52pro HOTAS for a long time.

T-Flight Hotas X with the detachable hotas is $33 on Amazon right now.

I will check those out...not in a huge hurry as the game has its own buggy issues which are probably half of my problems. Also, I am about to move so probably will wait til after that is done in about a month to get anything else...have to pack super light.

I use a T16000m have been using it for many years, no issues it replaced my microsoft sidewinder when the twist rudder for that broke many years ago.

its so smooth with the hall effect sensors.

Has anybody used the Steam controller with this game? I've been considering picking it up specifically for this.

Edit: I had been wondering for a while and couldn't find any official length figures of the stations in Crusader so I went and measured them myself. What I did was take a ship (Super Hornet in my case) and left it parked at one end of the station and then I got out and EVA'd all the way to the other end of the station (when you leave your ship it is highlighted with a like circle/reticle and a real time measurement in meters). As you can imagine doing that took a while lol, for port Olisar it was more than 10 minutes but the journey in itself was freaking cool 'cause I'd see ships flying in and out of the station, quatum jumping, etc. Well anyways Port Olisar is 3950 meters(~2.45 miles) and Cry-Astro (the ship repair station) is 1400 meters (~0.9 miles). With that you can get a picture of how big the 3000m Retribution Superdreadnought will be. Come to think of it If you put a Bengal Carrier and the Retribution end to end they'll be about the length of Port Olisar or 4 Bengal Carriers end to end. I'll try measuring the other stations (Yela and Kareah) but it's more dicey since there's active PvP all the time around there and the couple times I've tried there's been on going firefights.

Edit 2: Pictures are better than words, Capital ship scale comparison. The smallest ship you see down on the UEE side is a Vanguard.
7.7K x 5.5K link: http://i.imgur.com/Sq6p5FN.jpg
lEV7DZr.jpg

Most up to date ship status overview (Note: Idris model is placeholder/incorrect)

10k x 4.5k source link: http://i.imgur.com/bGP0Udn.jpg
Gojhump.jpg

Last edited:
So are there any official meetings of the org? Would like to try crewing on a big ship just to get the feel of it...I finally got my graphics issue fixed and now it's just a matter of server stability.

So are there any official meetings of the org? Would like to try crewing on a big ship just to get the feel of it...I finally got my graphics issue fixed and now it's just a matter of server stability.

I'm not sure it's even worth trying at this point. I haven't tried it but last I heard you'll spend more time trying to get into the same instance as three other people than you will playing. I'd just get in the game and run out to pad 9/10 and hop in rando ships.

As much as I would love to do something like this, the builds stability is just too bad right now and is a pain in the ass trying to get back on the same instance after you crash. Live crashes too much, PTU has unplayable frame rates. I'm just gonna wait for the next stable build before trying to team up, right now its frustrating trying to keep people together. Just run up to a spawned Connie, most people dont mind you hitching a ride.

Back