Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I just got the PTU email and I originally backed on 13 April, 2013 with a citizen number of 128195.

Yea, the invite when out to citizens up to number 210,000.

Ah. I looked through the past several posts and couldn't see any info about it so I thought I'd let everybody know.

I'll let it download tonight and hop on tomorrow hopefully.

Weird, did you check if you had access on the RSI website?

OyQ3Nhh.jpg

Ah, yes I see that.

Does that mean I'm in?

Wonder why I never got an email then? I have no problems getting all the newsletters and other things.

Perhaps the email got blocked by the spam filter, it's happened to lots of people.
And yes, you're in. Just copy your account to the PTU and an email will be sent letting you know when it's copied over. In the email there will be a password, that password is only needed to log onto http://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/ to file bug reports in the issues council. To log onto the game you do it with your normal password.

I got mine as well, but still plan to wait on the public version.

Don't forget my teamspeak has channels set up for Star Citizen,

wulfpack.kicks-ass.net
Password = bob

New Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4zCCjBwOA

And there is a Free Fly until Dec.14th for new accounts (also noticed bunch of ships available for me), you can use my referral code STAR-6FK6-S9WP for some in-game credit when you decide to join:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-6FK6-S9WP

Free Fly ships are Aurora MR, Mustang Alpha and Gladius.

i signed up on that link but how do i start play? i go to settings and public play isnt enabled its greyed out so i guess i cant ? :mad:

i signed up on that link but how do i start play? i go to settings and public play isnt enabled its greyed out so i guess i cant ? :mad:

Honestly, I would suggest on holding out on playing the game until 2.0 hits the live servers. I would be completely surpised if they don't extend the free to play for 2.0, since it the main reason why they are offering the free to play week.

Got the invite today. Downloaded PTU.. shit's just goofy, keeps crashing with ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)

First off when the game goes live they are hoping that the consequences of the game will make it less likely that something like this will actually happen, second when something like this actually happens you'll be able to file insurance claim and your ship will be returned to you after a set period of time.

Right now it's just a sandbox university words no real rules in place so it's truly anarchy out there's a lot of people are just going out there killing anything on sight.

First off when the game goes live they are hoping that the consequences of the game will make it less likely that something like this will actually happen, second when something like this actually happens you'll be able to file insurance claim and your ship will be returned to you after a set period of time.

Right now it's just a sandbox university words no real rules in place so it's truly anarchy out there's a lot of people are just going out there killing anything on sight.

Thanks.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but what happens to that ship if it has LTI? Could I just go back to my hangar and it be there?
Yes but it's not instantaneous.
You WILL get a new hull but how long that takes is governed by the in-game economy. The game will generate missions for transport of the raw materials necessary to build the ship as well as all the weapons, etc, etc. Those raw materials are refined/processed into ship parts and there will be more missions generated to transport those parts to the assembly plants and put the ship together.

More popular ships will of course have a shorter turn around time, like if your ship is the base models of an Aurora that is sure to be in plenty of supply your wait will be very short. A ship like an Idris will take considerably longer as the amount of raw materials (and therefore the amount of missions generated) and the construction time will undoubtedly be much greater. And as a meta factor the game will also account for piracy interfering with those raw material and ship parts transport missions.

Last edited:
Yes but it's not instantaneous.
You WILL get a new hull but how long that takes is governed by the in-game economy. The game will generate missions for transport of the raw materials necessary to build the ship as well as all the weapons, etc, etc. Those raw materials are refined/processed into ship parts and there will be more missions generated to transport those parts to the assembly plants and put the ship together.

More popular ships will of course have a shorter turn around time, like if your ship is the base models of an Aurora that is sure to be in plenty of supply your wait will be very short. A ship like an Idris will take considerably longer as the amount of raw materials (and therefore the amount of missions generated) and the construction time will undoubtedly be much greater. And as a meta factor the game will also account for piracy interfering with those raw material and ship parts transport missions.

Eeeh, I take stuff like this with a grain of salt. This is how they would like to do it, but it isn't necessarily how it will be implemented. The bottom line is still, if your ship is stolen insurance will get you a new one, but it will take some time and likely more time for larger / more expensive ships. There has also been talk that the more claims you make the longer it takes to get reimbursed, to prevent people abusing the LTI with friends constantly stealing ships.

Finally stolen ships can't simply be used by pirates. Once a claim is made the ships ID will be marked as stolen and will attract attention of police in secure systems. The pirates will need to find black markets to get forged identification for the ship to be able to use it in secure systems.

This shouldn't need explaining but it never hurts to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Zhylo-CIG said:
Some people are concerned over the crashes experienced on the PTU, which is understandable, but I wanted to shed a little light. It has been mentioned that we are pushing out builds and failing due to crashes... that is incorrect. We are pushing out patches that we know have crashes in them already. Those crashes are being addressed already, and being knocked out very quickly. Layers of an onion. Some might say... "Why release a build with crashes if you already know they are there?" One word: Data. We want to know how wide-scale these issues are and all the gritty details. Additionally, we would much rather continuously push the newest version of the game and have thousands and thousands of people hammer on it, because there is a chance new bugs can be discovered. PTU is not meant to be a release stream for everyone to just go and play. It is a test environment meant to plow through issues and get the game in a release-ready state. We are methodical with how we are releasing patches. We are not blindly pushing crashy patches. There is a lot of thought, analysis, tinkering, and fixing that goes into the PTU. It is not an environment for the faint of heart who are just looking to relax and play in Crusader. It is for players who are willing to face the storm with an umbrella and assist with testing. I can confidently say that we are extremely happy with how involved the community has been and are on the right track to getting 2.0 out to everyone soon! The amount of issues we have come in on the issue council has been incredible. We definitely feel extremely fortunate to have such an involved community that is as excited to play this game as we all are. We are getting close and this is only the beginning!

If you have PTU access and are experiencing crashes go to the issues council (https://ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/community/issue-council) and write a report on the bug. The tool is really well setup letting you list the steps required to reproduce things as well as uploading screenshots and/or videos showing the bug.

If that's too much work don't worry, there are other people doing the heavy lifting so just look through the already reported bugs list and add a "I can reproduce" contribution so that they are bumped up in priority or invalidated if they are not reproducible (or duplicates of old reports). You can also vote on issues that have already been validated to bump up the priority in which they are worked on.

This is all part of the open development and community participation in the game. I mean if people have time to write out or reply to posts complaining about crashes I'm sure you can find time to actually contribute.

Update from Zhylo-CIG:
I am flying a connie right now on 2.0.0J. We are testing to see if it is a potential candidate. So far so good but still a lot we need to check.

Last edited:
I don't want to get any ones hopes up, but a 2.0 release candidate is being made for the PTU which will hopefully release today or tomorrow and then after that had to live (barring any issues with the live build)!

There is still a free fly until Dec. 14th, so you might still get about a day to fly in the PU or they might extend the free fly like they have done in the past.

EDIT: PTU 2.0.0 L is out, so lets see how it goes!

Last edited:
Nice, already have my Idris-P.

That will for sure push us past $100,000,000.

Around 130K to go atm i believe.

That would be a good problem to have :D
And like Ranger mentioned, there is a Free Flight event going on currently through Monday the 14th. All you have to do is register an account and download the game. Once 2.0 goes live everyone get access to that including free flight accounts.

I'll have a Connie and an Avenger to choose from since the Freelancer isn't flight ready yet. If I like the Connie that Avenger is going bye bye via CCU. ;)

Will we have a way of spawning in someone's ship or do we have to start in ours, land and then jump onto another players. I would love to just cruise around in someone's connie or other multi crew ship "testing" weapons on other players.

Back