Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

vkA3XrP.jpg

Yay, CCU system is up and working!

upgrade that glaive into a jump, lol ;)

edit-

it would be nice if they can add the unmelt option to that menu

$600 for a ingame ship of a game thats not out yet. Some one tell me how this is not play to win and that $600 for a in game ship is not nuts im going to lol when this game fails but fell bad for all the backers

If eve would sell all the ships for $$$ the encon would be so broken how do people defend them doing this?

Last edited:
$600 for a ingame ship of a game thats not out yet. Some one tell me how this is not play to win and that $600 for a in game ship is not nuts im going to lol when this game fails but fell bad for all the backers

If eve would sell all the ships for $$$ the encon would be so broken how do people defend them doing this?

LOL, where have you been, we have $900, $1200 and $2500 ships :D

Wow, that looks bad. Granted I realize it's an FPS module in a game focused on space ships so it's not trying to compete with Battlefield or whatever, but that seriously looks like something you could whip up in Unity in - no bullshit - a few hours (provided you had the assets.)

The mind boggles.

So how many shooters have you whipped up in a few hours? ;)

Weapon collision is in, which is nice. Aside from that it doesn't look all that ground breaking but it certainly took more than a few hours. If only making an FPS game was that easy. :D

Weapon collision is in, which is nice. Aside from that it doesn't look all that ground breaking but it certainly took more than a few hours. If only making an FPS game was that easy. :D

I haven't developed any shooters per se but I have developed a couple of small Unity games (2.5d platformers.) Like I said, if you had the assets ready to go (the character models and props for the scene) you can produce what they showed in that teaser pretty quickly.

Anyway, my point is that it's probably not something they should have showed in that state. Looks to me like somebody (CR?) demanded a teaser to show and that's what they got based on what was finished.

There are a lot of things that they are trying to do different with it, so how good it is or not might be hard to judge from video, while i do not expect it to be COD or CS in terms of responsiveness hopefully its not much worst than BF4 with its crap hit reg ect, if they manage to get it feeling some what decent combined with all the other things you can do in the PU it will be a good experience.

I would also like to point out that this was made by a couple QA testers and a Producer just today while play-testing a build. This was not meant to be a grand trailer for FPS, but more-so some fun clips we put together in excitement for tomorrow. :)

Quoted from Zyloh, a CIG employee, on reddit. Also, yup, still in alpha.
Its trying to compete with Line of Defense.
Hard to compete with Line of Defense when you can't even boot up the game before it crashes :rolleyes:

I'm really not trying to be a douche with the comments about the price of ships, but they are specifically high for 2 reasons, one so the universe isn't flooded with them and two because they aren't meant to be owned/operated by just one person, rather groups or organization run ships. Sure you are buying a ship with money you are pledging to help make the game, but the ships, like those large ships can't be cheap or they wouldn't be unique or special. The larger ships also have a limited run, we are talking a couple thousand out of a starting player base of a million.

For you reference that $600 ship you see listed there is a capital ship, the smallest one and it was a limited run. I have a token for it from a special event, but since I don't have the organization behind me for it, it's worthless, so I'm not spending the $600. Once the PU launches you'll be able to earn that ship in game, it will still be somewhat rare and require a crew, but it won't cost you real worl money (unless of course you choose to).

Made it to the hotel :). Talked with some elite level global traveller about star citizen while we drank on the plane lol

Cal Mason's story was one of the things I absolutely loved about the original pledge campaign, the community's first proper introduction to the Vanduul as well. Jack seems very excited by his experience and i can't wait to see who else is lined up tonight.

Wow, that looks bad. Granted I realize it's an FPS module in a game focused on space ships so it's not trying to compete with Battlefield or whatever, but that seriously looks like something you could whip up in Unity in - no bullshit - a few hours (provided you had the assets.)

The mind boggles.
Check out Line of Defense if you want to see something that actually fits this description.

You've got to be kidding me. Look at the prices of these ships:

Idris-M $1000
Idris-P $1250
Javelin $2,500

Jesus Christ, I'm drunk and I can't check into the hotel yet. At a pub with a bunch of citizens. Ahiy getting crazy. 6 beers in

It was previously claimed the Sandi project was unrelated to the game and paid for with personal funds. But now it seems like she at least was able to bundle Jack Huston's acting services with CIG's employment of him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitize...izen_short_movie_starring_jack_huston/cufbc12

Which still seems to be the case where he was not paid by CiG to work on sandi's side project. It did likely give her the chance to score him easily for the part since they already worked together on SC.

3 hours to live stream

http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

edit-

I’m going to start providing a list of the issues that we feel we must fix before we open the tests to backers.

Pistol animations need to be implemented and cleaned up, once we finish the stocked weapon set.
All Armor Types – Taking damage while swapping weapons causes character to lose weapons.
Stocked Weapons clip into the characters face while prone.
Damaging breakable objects causes random objects to move.
Using the Hologram causes a crash.
When pistol is selected user is unable to throw grenades or use gadgets.
All Armor Classes – Characters are missing line art/interior helmet geo/Hud elements.
P4-AR Ballistic Rifle – Rear sight and part of gun vanish when user goes into ADS
ATT-4 Energy Rifle – Rear sight and part of gun vanish when user goes into ADS. (JH edit: I think this one was fixed today – was broken yesterday, though.)
Devastator-12 Energy Shotgun – Rear sight and part of gun vanish when user goes into ADS.
Throwing a grenade can cause a crash.
All loadouts – Sometimes you are unable to shoot your weapon until you cycle through all of the fire modes (press V).

The blocking issues seems pretty small "list" wise, tho most of them would be really annoying to play with.

Last edited:
We are seated right under the Concorde. Its a cool site. I only have 16% battery so I'm going dark. Probably only a few pics. I did get a tour of the concorde though.

Haha they are trolling ppl on twitch by extending the timer

7fHDild.jpg

Last edited:
And/or watch it in full screen. There is literally nothing interesting or relevant anyone will ever say on twitch chat.

P.S: Monthly report from all studios will be coming out today as well. They were already done but since the info centered around all the stuff being revealed at CitizenCon they held off publishing them 'til now.

I spy, with my little eye, a big ass USB hub with alot of cords into it. Also, 3 monitors and 2 tablets on the desk :eek:

Back