Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I'll see your 412,500 and raise it.

OZwITLP.jpg

I'm rich in EA store creds lol

It's too bad I'm not really into playing Alpha and Beta. I just like to jump in and see whats happening every so often, my rec should hold me over until the game is finished anyway :)

Last edited:
1.1.1 is up on the PTU

Gladiator is FLIGHT READY

We’ve pushed out 1.1.1 to Public Test Universe today!

IMPORTANT: You will need to re-copy your account over to PTU again at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/account/ptu. See below for more instructions and information.

We have detailed Patch Notes here at https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/249555/star-citizen-patch-v1-1-1 but here are some highlights.

- Gladiator is Flight Ready
- Gunner Seat Functionality in Free Flight for the Gladiator, the Super Hornet, and the Cutlass Black
- Sledge II game balancing
- Players can now solve issues where their characters get stuck by opening the console (~), typing in stuck, and hitting enter to respawn the character
- Pilots with lower score relative to the average contribute less to the REC pool
- Various bug fixes, including for the first of many client optimizations and assorted fixes for client crashes
- Updates to game server stuck states and fixed an issue where Matchmaking would match more clients into a game mode than the instance allows
- Fixed an issue where the game may crash when loading into a Multiplayer Game Mode

(Please note: We still have some outstanding multiplayer stability items to work on; additional future updates on this to come.)

When we feel PTU is stable, we’ll be pushing it out 1.1.1 to the Live Service later this week or early next week.

Full patch notes

Additions:
»Gameplay

Added the ability to toggle 'target focus' mode during ship landing
Added version control support to the custom control bindings in order to prevent control conflicts
Players can now solve issues where their characters get stuck by opening the console (~), typing in stuck, and hitting enter to respawn the character
Added server side improvements to help with some causes of the infinite loading screens
Added backend support to allow for adjusting REC totals differently for each game mode

»Ships

Gladiator is now flight ready
Implemented Ejection Audio for the 300i
Implemented Ejection Audio for the Hornet
Added basic Multiplayer turret functionality to Super Hornet F7C-M
Implemented Ejection Audio for the M50
Added basic Multiplayer turret functionality to Gladiator
Added basic Multiplayer turret functionality to Cutlass

»User Interface

Added landing mode activation and score board viewing to the default controls images for the gamepad
Added a custom keybinding option for ESP toggle
Added a custom keybinding option to allow toggling between Lag Pips and Lead Indicators

Balance/Tweaks:
»Gameplay

Tweaked Vanduul Swarm Coop REC amount per wave
Pilots with lower score relative to the average contribute less to the REC pool
Added audio for Vanduul dropping out of warp

»Ships

Adjusted power plant explosion color to match thruster color for Gladius
Adjusted Aegis ship AI collision warning based on community feedback
Added ladder animation updates for the Retaliator
Adjusted rotational thrust on the Mustang Delta and Mustang Beta
Updated Weapon Hard-points on Aurora to reflect brochure specs (2x S1 and 2x S2 guns)

»Components

Balance pass on Sledge 2: Reduced ROF from 125 to 60. Increased Power and Heat pershot to 50. Adjusted Power Regen and Cooling to 25
Updated Shields on Gladius to reflect brochure specs (S2 to S3 max shield)

»User Interface

Updated the color of the leaderboard so that it can be seen more easily against bright backgrounds
Updated controller and joystick images to include landing prompts

»Environment

Updated lighting in Revel & York hangar
Camera is now forced into first person mode when using the Holotable
Adjusted spawn position for some of the flair ship models in all Hangars

Fixes:
»Gameplay

Fix to allow the ability to adjust virtual joystick curves and relative mode sensitivity
Fix for the public-facing "pp_rebindKeys export" command
Fixed an issue where the Warthog HOTAS had conflicting keybindings for landing mode and strafe right
Fixed an issue where the throttle would reset itself if a ship boosted before throttling up
Fixed an issue where the spectator camera would rapidly jump around if a dead character was the last client left in a match
Fixed an issue where strafing would break while traveling at max speed
Fixed an issue where Matchmaker would match more clients into a game mode than the instance allows
Fixed an issue where the game may crash when loading into a Multiplayer Game Mode
Fixed an issue where a combination of sprinting and shaking the mouse can cause the character to clip through a number of game objects
Fixed an issue where sprinting and jumping into walls will sometimes cause the character to fall out of the game world
Fixed an issue where players were prevented from connecting to a server
Fix for cockpit audio continuing to play after self destructing

»Ships

Standardized look pose range of motion across all ships
Fixed missing audio for various ship HUD elements
Fixed an issue that caused the 300 series ships to drop out and back in when ejecting
Avenger can no longer equip the Tigerstreik to its wingslot hard-points
Fix for entering the back seat of the Gladiator playing the animation for entering the front seat
Fixed Gladius Ship Status Hologram from displaying corrupt textures
Gladius can no longer equip the Scorpion to its wingslot hard-points
Fixed an issue where seats in the back of the Cutlass were not animating when activated
Fixed an issue where the beds in the Retaliator could not be interacted with in the crew quarters

»Components

Fixed countermeasure active dialogue being fired on ship respawn
Fixed an issue where turrets could not be re-equipped after being removed from a ship
Fixed an issue where Tigerstreik bullet impacts were not causing bullet hole effects

»User Interface

Fixed an issue where the ping value was not updating in DFM modes
Fixed an issue where score bar UI elements were displayed in Multiplayer Free Flight
Fixed redundant message spam after player death
Fixed an issue where the scoreboard REC column only appeared for Aurora pilots after death
Fixed an issue where a control profile could not be exported a second time
Fixed an issue where multiple exports with the same name could exist in the Control Profiles list
Power Throttle is now functional and can be modified using the +/- keys on the numpad, or by holding down the left mouse button after pressing [Home]
Fixed an issue where the scoreboard could not be opened when in spectator mode

»Environment

Fixed crate clipping through column in Self Land central hangar bay
Control panel in Self Land connecting doors between bays now renders properly
Fix for geometry issue on support column in Self Land
Fixed flickering passcode pad in Self Land hangar
Fixed minor flair graphical and placement issues in the Asteroid Hangar
Fixed wall flickering issue in Aeroview
Fixed minor graphical issues with the Sim Pod
Fixed an issue where the character's left hand would be flipped when driving the buggy
Fixed some issues that were causing interacting with the Holotable to be difficult when standing in specific locations
M50 holotable model now displays the main thrusters in the correct location

Known Issues:
»Gameplay

Gameplay divergence can cause situations where it appears like a ship is being hit but not taking damage, when the shots are actually missing the ship
Weapons fire can appear offset from weapon muzzle when fired while moving
Combustion Pistol cannot be equipped
Entering or exiting a ship will cause other clients to see the character T-pose
Characters rolling while prone is not seen by other clients
Characters will sometimes fail to animate correctly when exiting the pilot seat after landing
Character will occasionally spawn in as a pair of eyes
Lateral G-Force head animation is too fast which causes the camera to jerk around while strafing
Client crash occurs when attempting to kick a player from the lobby
Client crash may occur when exiting to the hangar while in an Arena Commander game mode
Client crash may occur when pressing 'x' to respawn after the pilot is killed by flying into an asteroid
Interacting with various elements of a lobby has a chance of causing a client crash for invited players
Unable to exit the cockpit if one of a ship's landing gear is missing
Crosshair elements of the HUD can become stuck based on your starting position upon initialization

»Ships

All ships aside from the Hornet are missing ship trails when carrying a Core
Multiple ships will sometimes tilt back when landing on landing platforms
Weapons impacting shields playing incorrect impact audio
300i does not have boost VFX for its main thrusters
Ladder causes the 300i to wobble once landed
Aurora intakes aren't displaying paint
Aurora are not showing lateral G-force animations for the character
Equipping Longswords on an Aurora's bottom hardpoints will cause the ship to wobble once landed due to excess collision on the weapons
Avenger has some doors that cannot be opened in multiplayer
Gladiator's pilot seat deploys and retracts with the landing gear
Gladiator animations for entering the ship are broken
Gladiator damage states are detaching clean sections of the ship rather than showing damaged innards
Gladiator's landing gear remains deployed while in flight
One of the Gladiator's primary thrusters will sometimes fail upon respawn
Unable to look up to aim in the Gladiator's Co-pilot Turret
The Gladiator can sometimes have a stuttering sound that will persist through respawn (self-destructing will sometimes resolve this)
Gladius damage states are detaching clean sections of the ship rather than showing damaged innards
All Hornets are missing a pipe on the main thruster
Unable to lock onto targets in the Super Hornet F7C-M's Co-pilot Turret
A Super Hornet F7C-M's co-pilot is able to shoot and kill the pilot from the co-pilot/turret seat
Cutlass isn't attaching its Trireme thrusters for its default loadout
Cutlass Trireme thrusters are not able to be attached in the holotable (this will be left this way until they are ready for use)
Character is sunk into the seat when sitting in the Cutlass Blue and Red
Cutlass landing gear is retracted while in the hangar
Cutlass pilot chair stays centered after landing
Freelancer loading ramp has no collision
There will sometimes be an invisible block of collision in the cargo area of the Cutlass after landing the ship
Freelancer Main Thrusters are missing
Character can get stuck inside a Freelancer's hull above its right landing gear
Pilot retains control in the Gladiator when another player enters the manned turret
Retaliator maneuvering thrusters are not in landing mode when in the hangar
Multiple objects in the Retaliator are missing use prompts

»Components

User folder issues can cause weapon ammunition to go missing as well as other ship component malfunctions
Rattler Cluster missile second stage rockets will all use the same trajectory
Missiles aren't inheriting velocity from the ship that launches them
Seal Corporation shield generators will not be visible when equipped to Hornets
Weapon trail trajectories are inconsistent for targets that aren't being looked at resulting in game divergence
Thrusters cannot be deactivated in power management

»User Interface

Lag pips will drop out with increased distance depending on how quickly a ship is approaching their target (only happens within a few hundred meters)
Shield hardpoint in the holotable is too small for Mustangs and 300 series
Missiles have a small portion of the ship targeting UI on them after being launched
Paint objects in the holotable are placeholders
Multiple in game items and ships are missing text and are displaying their internal names
Loading back into a lobby will reset the ship selection to its default (sometimes this doesn’t happen visually but still happens on the backend)
Contact List will not refresh with updated adds or removes until the game is reloaded
Contact name text field cannot be edited more than once

»Environment

There are several locations in the hangars where the character can fall out of the world
Wall collision is missing in the upper level of the Revel & York hangar
Thorshu Grey space crab does not have animations

nice they fixed the size 3 max shield issue of the gladius
Updated Shields on Gladius to reflect brochure specs (S2 to S3 max shield)

They are still working on getting 1.1.1 out for us, I still get the manifest error. Was trying to get a friend of mine who streams to fly my Gladiator since I'm at work, but he had to log before they were able to fix it :-(

is it just me or are ass hats actively trying to slam their ship into you at full speed?

Being a backer since 2013 and playing around with Arena Commander, I do not like how quickly you black out. Have they talked about making any sort of adjustment to this?

It's still one of the things in development, and some bugs are still present possibly making the effects worse. That said, the way Chris is designing the game everything is suppose to have some type negative effect for a positive to balance things out. In this case Small ships have high maneuverability and speed, which means you will blackout/redout faster, left to right movements don't seem to cause this currently. Anyway I don't know for sure if it will get better or worse though lol...

The only thing I know that has been said is there will be ways to lessen the effects, such as upgraded/specialized flight suits and possibly some type of consumable.

Sweet they got all the flyable limited ships in the EA rental store for subscribers now, I was worried when I didn't see them the other day. Hopefully they get the Gladiator in there soon once 1.1.1 drops :)

The Gladiator video was cool, there was a second one of the person in the turret from the same video. I don't know where the link is though but it looked fun.

Between exploring the connie in zero g with the animations with the hand gripping areas and the turret views I'm a happy camper lol... Things are shaping up better than I hoped. The Multi crew turret stuff just looks downright fun.

This is an answer to my question on Reddit, it may help you

Did you examine your DATA folder to see if there were any old spaceship files in there that may have been causing a conflict?
The "mustang double-decker bug" was solved this way, the only other solution I know of was a full reinstall.
There's more info in my comment in the FAQ thread in the sidebar, under "muh mustang no wokr" or something equally silly.

Thanks for the ideas, I ended up reinstalling the game twice it was horribly long. Downloaded first time at 200KB/s, had 4 gigs left and discovered they had a new installer and patcher that had to be fresh installed with the new installer. So had to uninstall all that progress and download again. On a positive note there fixes to the CDN and new patcher is a lot faster, not amazing but downloaded at 500KB/s so 150% speed increase is nice. Just finished the download and my mustangs work now :D

Also seems like my suspicions were correct, with 1.1.1 they are doing an Anvil 2 seater sale, so not just the Gladiator, Sale starts tomorrow. So if you want a Super hornet or upgrade from your normal hornet to super Now is a good chance to get it.

i posted a Poll in the official forums wondering people wanted to see just the gladiator for sale with its flight ready sale or both the Gladiator and Super Hornet since 1.1.1 added the multi crew capability to the Super Hornet.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/249771/anvil-sale-incoming

They confirmed this sale is happening and you can buy both the Gladiator and Super Hornet on todays ATV at about 36minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFOClK-lixU&feature=player_detailpage#t=2161

Last edited:
Super Hornet is easily one of CIG's best sellers, I bet you they wanna move as many as possible before they add them to everyone's REC store.

I have $40 store credit, and it'll take a little more to buy either one however I am having a hard time making a decision.

Gladius or Avenger?

I have $40 store credit, and it'll take a little more to buy either one however I am having a hard time making a decision.

Gladius or Avenger?

were you wanting a Gladiator or Super hornet?

because if those were your main target you can just get the final upgrade/CCU piece of the puzzle. and then when you have the money just get the main hornet body and upgrade to either one.

So you can spend $25 and get the Hornet tracker to Super hornet upgrade, and just hold on to that upgrade until you can afford the $140 for the hornet tracker to apply the limited time sale upgrade you bought.

or if you are interested in the Gladiator the same should be possible we do not know what its CCU path would be but the cheapest it could be would be a $10 Tracker to Gladiator CCU it might cost more than that tho.

So, if your end goal is one of those limited ships just get the final piece and sit on it.

you can also get your self and avenger, and the $25 tracker to super upgrade for $5 cheaper than a gladius, so you could go that route and then ccu the avenger into a hornet tracker later for applying the upgrade.

there are a lot of option when it comes to the limited ships as long as you snag the upgrade for it during the sale, even if you decide you do not want it you can melt it later for credits and turn your avenger into the gladius for $5

Wildace, could you tell me exactly what I need to buy to do the above? I want a Super Hornet eventually, but don't want to buy the hornet at this time for $140. What do I need to buy today to allow me to upgrade a hornet to a super hornet in the future? All this CCU and upgrade stuff is a bit daunting.

It is not up yet, but it will be going up for sale some time today, usually things go on sale some time around or after 6pm Eastern US time.

On this page

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=51

once it is up for sale just filter looking for Tracker, and it will show you the option for turning a hornet into a tracker, as well as a tracker into a super hornet.

So you just buy the $25 Tracker to Super Hornet upgrade. and that is all you need to do.

When it comes time to applying the Tracker to Super Hornet Upgrade later.

Depending on the ship you use to start the CCU process, the Super hornet will cost the same as if you just bought the full ship originally but this way you can piece it out in a more manageable way.

Personally i would wait for the MISC Reliant LTI sale, it is a starter ship that will have a Life time insurance and will be flight ready at the same time it goes up for sale (date of sale is unknown)

I would use the Reliant as the base ship for the Super Hornet, then CCU from the reliant until you finally get it to the base hornet hull then you get the $15 Ghost Upgrade, then the $15 ghost to tracker upgrade, then apply your Tracker to super upgrade.

You do not need to wait on the Reliant to go up for sale to get your full super hornet, tho i personally would.

Personally i would wait for the MISC Reliant LTI sale, it is a starter ship that will have a Life time insurance and will be flight ready at the same time it goes up for sale (date of sale is unknown)

This is a good idea. I wouldn't spend money on entire ships right now, just buy the upgrades you might want to use later. In the meantime, the SH and Gladiator should be in the REC store. After flying it for a few weeks you may not really want it, then you can just melt the upgrade.

This is what I did:
sh5jbjs.png

First I upgraded it to Hornet and eventually to Super Hornet. In my opinion it's probably best to get LTI ship and then eventually upgrade it. Though, you never know when they plan to offer Super Hornet again so as far as I know you could buy upgrade package now and apply it later. So basically what the guys above said.

sweet, looks like 1.1.1 will be up tonight. I'm going to grab a Gladiator to play around with for a little while before I have to dash out at 4am to catch a flight.

Seems they have a $0.00 swap-able CCU for the Gladiator to Super Hornet and back.

On a side note I grabbed a Gamescom ticket, now I just have to talk my friend into going or I may be making that trip solo haha.

Last edited:
I picked up 4 of each of the $0 swaps, never know what crazy idea i will have or when one or the other might be on sale, and as long as i have an Idris i may always be temped to get a few supers or a gladiator or 2 to stick in its hangar.

Also picked up the usual $25 tracker to super upgrade, i do not have another $25 right now to get a tracker to gladiator upgrade.

Ok so I am also befuddled by all the upgrades and insurance things now.

I thought LTI was stopped a while back?

I currently have a Origin 325a.

Is there a way to upgrade (with my LTI) to the hornet or gladiator?

yes,

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Cross-Chassis-Upgrades/325a-To-Hornet-Upgrade

get that if you just want the hornet

and then also get

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/F7C-M-Super-Hornet-Upgrade

if you want a super hornet.

and then if you want pick up a few each of these like 4 or 5 of each These are free and then you can swap between Gladiator super hornet at will until you run out, so you can get more if you want but they clutter up your hangar a bit.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...rades/F7C-M-Super-Hornet-To-Gladiator-Upgrade

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...rades/Gladiator-To-F7C-M-Super-Hornet-Upgrade

debating on what to do with my LTI 350r

i love the ship but want more. I just refuse to pay anymore real money for a ship without LTI at this point.

not sure it would get nerfed, since in the PU missiles are not free, ships should be balanced for their role in the pu not really how fast they can take out vanduuls in a simulator.

I mean a single size 2 missile could cost more than a bounty reward for a single vanduul.

So relying on them for a general bounty mission in the PU could be trouble for your ingame wallet.

have they said if you can do ship upgrades just by playing the game? like: can you buy the hornet now, then upgrade it to super hornet with in-game money?

or are you doomed and all your money is wasted when you get in the game and realize "oh shit, this hornet is useless, now I need to grind out a super hornet from scratch >_<" :p

currently you are doomed, each hull is generally unique, there are a few exceptions but for the most part you can't turn one ship into another in game.

Super hornet is a different hull from the normal F7C, while the Ghost and Tracker are both just an F7C with different equipment.

if you have any interest in the F7C-M you should really just get the $25 tracker to super upgrade and then turn your hornet into a tracker later to apply the super upgrade.

can you get the cross chassis upgrade and store it and decide later if you want to apply and switch over?

hoping there is an upgrade option to connie later. might be worth getting a versatile ship to start off. The AI crew members will be the questionable part of that though

Back