Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Anybody think the Vanduul Glaive will go on sale next week?

I wasn't aware that it would be going up for sale...ever. You never know though, surprising things happen around this bunch. ;)

Uhhhh, did they just hint that a Civilian Javelin might go on sale?

Last edited:
I thought I remember reading things about the largest sandbox MMORPG ever (and by a long shot from the more fine details that described the economies of mass scale and how they were going to work). Descriptions made it sound like this game was somehow going to be a combination of EVE (space combat), the original SWG (completely customizable), a modern SWTOR (planetary gameplay), Mass Effect style quests for storyline, etc. Literally, it was like, think of all the great space based games you've played, and now throw them all together into one epic MMORPG. And better yet - it's using CryEngine!

So this games resembles nothing what I thought it was going to be originally. I also expected there was no way they were going to be able to pull it off by the original ~2015 speculations, and I turned out to be right. I think early on they realized that everything they described would probably take over a decade to develop, and quickly changed to "Space Sim and combat" type game. Honestly, if this is what they presented SC to be originally, there it no way they would have reached their current funding levels. As for continuous funding and the need to sell more ships, if $60 million isn't enough for a privately funded company with no publishers in the way, I don't know what is. This is a great paying hobby job for them and that's for sure. Good for them though living the dream. Maybe by 2020 we will see this game develop into what I thought it was originally going to be. Better late than never though, because it's not like anything else of this scale is on the horizon.

Their current funding does show that people do want a new and great MMO though.

Not sure where this idea is coming from, thinking this game is going to be anything more at launch than a Space Sim with exploration/trading/FPS/Board as originally pitched is foolish. The only things that have come out of CIG has been the details of the planned concepts and future ideas that will come well after launch.

Last edited:
I think the problem was they released few details about exactly what the game would be and people made up their own conclusions like the one above based on hearsay and pure imagination of their dream space combat MMO.

Unfortunately the game is not a true MMO and they always have said it would be some type of hybrid MMO (less people in instance spaces and NOT everyone and their mom in a huge seamless space without loading zones). I bet if they took a poll of what people want, it would not be aligned with their current plans. However even with all that money I'm not sure they have the technology or the right team to make the game into Rainbow Six in space WoW killer MMO of the ceuntry.

Hey guys, this is a long thread, so bear with me.

I am thinking of buying a ship today that is on one of their big sales. It seems like the Hornet is the big bad of the Arena Commander, M50 is King of the Hill in racing, and 300i is a mix of both?

So, I need to buy the game, a ship and a early access pass? I am thinking of getting the Redeemer.

I need to buy a game package, and a early access pass. I am thinking of getting the Redeemer.

Fixed it for you. A game package includes the full game download, BETA access, a ship and some in game credits. And yes if you want ALPHA access for Arena Commander you will need to purchase that as well.

And your assessment of the ships is mostly correct. Keep in mind though there is no "best" ship in the game, it will all be balanced with every ship having a counter like rock paper scissors all tempered with your own flying skills. Someone in a relatively slower ship will be able to overclock their components to gain extra performance/efficiency and if they are a better pilot they could easily beat someone racing in an M50.

I am thinking of buying a ship today that is on one of their big sales. It seems like the Hornet is the big bad of the Arena Commander, M50 is King of the Hill in racing, and 300i is a mix of both?

So, I need to buy the game, a ship and a early access pass? I am thinking of getting the Redeemer.

Start small. You can buy an Aurora (the starter ship) right now along with a $5 Arena Commander pass. Get used to the controls and whatnot with that starter ship.

24 hours after you buy something, you can redeem it for store credit, and use that along with cash (if you dont have enough credit) to buy something else. You could try the Aurora, melt it, get a 300i, then get a Hornet or whatever is up for sale.

Start small. You can buy an Aurora (the starter ship) right now along with a $5 Arena Commander pass. Get used to the controls and whatnot with that starter ship.

24 hours after you buy something, you can redeem it for store credit, and use that along with cash (if you dont have enough credit) to buy something else. You could try the Aurora, melt it, get a 300i, then get a Hornet or whatever is up for sale.

Sounds like a plan. I'm guessing the sales starts later in the afternoon as their in California correct?

Thanks for the reply

Sounds like a plan. I'm guessing the sales starts later in the afternoon as their in California correct?

Thanks for the reply

Looks like this is happening as well so another reason to just grab up a cheap package and see how things go.

300 Series Test Drive

For the next week, we are unlocking the entire Origin 300 series for all backers to try out! This includes the following ships:

300i
315p
325a
350r

We hope you enjoy this opportunity to test drive Origin’s 300 lineup. Testing these ships will be extremely valuable. We know there are some stat discrepancies and we are working on it. We are excited as this is the first time a whole line of ships will be open to all backers. The 300 series can handle any of your space travel needs. The 300 Series by Origin Jumpworks!

Hey guys, this is a long thread, so bear with me.

350r has the highest top speed, next is the M50, then the other 300i versions. Note the M50 is noticeably more nimble than the 350r so will be effectively faster on tracks with lots of curves.

The Hornet has a ton of guns and can take a licking but turns slow and moves even slower. I've had a ton of fun in both my Hornet and 350r in AC.

Redeemer rocks the house :)

Javelin

In addition to the limited ships above, we will also be offering limited allotments of a brand new Star Citizen capital ship! Friday, November 28th will see the launch of the largest capital ship we will make available to players during the pledge campaign: the Javelin destroyer. 200 Javelins will be sold for $2,500 each, with allotments being released at 6 AM, noon, 6 PM and midnight Pacific time. You’ll learn a lot more about the Javelin on Friday, but it’s important to note that this isn’t the ultimate battleship for players who can afford it: Javelins will be sold stripped of military hardware, and it will be a new starting challenge for players to work together with their organizations to outfit them. The Javelin comes with LTI.

But that’s not all! We’re making the Javelin available for hardcore players who are dedicated to supporting Star Citizen… and we’re using the opportunity to allow new players to join the game as well. We’re using the assortment of Javelin destroyers to subsidize discount packages for new players: 200 Javelins means we can make 5,000 $20 Aurora game packages available for sale at the same time!
Schedule for the Javelin allotments
Time slot Allotment size
Nov 28th, 6AM PST 50
Nov 28th, Noon PST 50
Nov 28th, 6PM PST 50
Nov 29th, Midnight PST 50

Javelin @$2500 is not a bad price, though it comes with no armament at all. Would be a nice fixer upper project.

nice 5000 $20 game packages unfortunately I don't need any more lol.

I'll pass of the Javelin again, like the Idris before it, those are great for orgs though.

BTW they have the Special Items from the Lightspeed and Weekend Warrior Packages available. Considering that the racing suit was pulled last time from bitching I would suggest buying one quickly if you want them.

On November 28th, we will launch the Anvil Carrack explorer concept sale. The Carrack will be available for $345, with LTI and the standard concept sale bonus features (in-game ship model and poster.)

Ouch, better be awesome.

nice 5000 $20 game packages unfortunately I don't need any more lol.

I'll pass of the Javelin again, like the Idris before it, those are great for orgs though.

BTW they have the Special Items from the Lightspeed and Weekend Warrior Packages available. Considering that the racing suit was pulled last time from bitching I would suggest buying one quickly if you want them.

My shopping is done.

melted 4 Heralds and broke even on the Tali + super upgrade + coat + firearm.

still have an extra herald for CCU into a connie for my pheonix or my Gladius lti that i am not overly attached too.

2 years of game time insurance on the Tali is likely long enough. but i can always melt it and ccu the gladius or herald into a tali later if i really wanted too but doubt i would.

I do not have enough in the hangar to even consider a Jav, even if i melted everything i would be like 600 short.

as of right now my hangar includes

890 JUMP LTI, Reclaimer LTI, Retaliator, Gladius LTI, M50, Herald LTI, 3x AMD Omega Mustangs, Phoenix (Upgrade), 325-350r (Upgrade), F7C-M (Upgrade), F7A Vet Trim (upgrade), UEE Coat, Advocacy Tools, Arc Firearm, Race suit (from last sale), "Shut up and take my money" skin.

I have the Jukebox and liquor bar subscriber items which were gifts from random people in the official forums.

my hangar is almost finished, just need CCU options from AMD omega into a 325a so i can apply 350r upgrade, i will most likely buy this dragon con hornet in the pledge store that i can get for $100 rather than $110 normal as a perk for trying the "demo" lol for my super upgrade, and turn a second mustang into a Mustang Delta military version, and the Herald will be my path to my pheonix with a CCU.

Last edited:
On November 28th, we will launch the Anvil Carrack explorer concept sale. The Carrack will be available for $345, with LTI and the standard concept sale bonus features (in-game ship model and poster.)

Ouch, better be awesome.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...arrack_info_from_the_batgirl_nichole_dangelo/

Some specs on the Carrack from an interview.

Details revealed:
Is 110 meters long (about 50 meters longer than the Constellation)
Has a little launch (docking bay) housing a small eva ship like on the reclaimer.
Has a buggy.
Price point between Redeemer and Reclaimer (about 325 - 350 USD)
Has four decks
More cargo room than Constellation
Crew of 6
Closer to Voyager than the Millenium Falcon

Differencences between Aquila and Carrack:
Longer total range
Carrack will have larger and "better" jumpdrive
Will be able to mount more "capital size" equipment.
Not as combat efficient, but will be able to take more punishment.
Aquila more multi-purpose.

i melted my 325a-350r upgrade and picked it up again with the credit just on the off chance they decide to give upgrades purchased during the sale retroactive 2 year insurance to the package they are applied too.

Yay, picked up the laser pistol from the Super Hornet game package! I now have all the exclusive flair pieces (not so exclusive anymore) :D

Yay, picked up the laser pistol from the Super Hornet game package! I now have all the exclusive flair pieces (not so exclusive anymore) :D

I grabbed a 2 extras of each in case they got pulled for anyone needing them. They still seem to be up. They must be ignoring to bitching or the jagoffs have other things to worry about haha.

I'm extremely tempted to upgrade my 315p to a 350r. Does anyone know if the upgrade packages come with the 2-year insurance?

EDIT: Anyone think they would let me melt my current package and pick up the 350r anniversary package instead and somehow keep alpha access?

I just melted my cutlass blue package and bought the cutlass package anniversary package. Yay for extra 1.5 years insurance for free.

I'm extremely tempted to upgrade my 315p to a 350r. Does anyone know if the upgrade packages come with the 2-year insurance?

EDIT: Anyone think they would let me melt my current package and pick up the 350r anniversary package instead and somehow keep alpha access?

They have done it in the past. Send CS a message, the problem is the backlog they will get so the sooner you send a request the better. Hopefully they get back to you before the sale ends.

They have done it in the past. Send CS a message, the problem is the backlog they will get so the sooner you send a request the better. Hopefully they get back to you before the sale ends.
I actually sent one right after my post, so hopefully they get back to me in time. Will let you guys know what happens.

No surprise to anyone but we are already 3% into 62 million.

dr-evil-1-million-dollars.jpg

I actually sent one right after my post, so hopefully they get back to me in time. Will let you guys know what happens.

i know they will for concierge level backers, not sure about normal backers.

CS moved my alpha from a hornet package, to a 350r package, then finally to an AMD Omega package lol.

Looks like i was right, they are adding 2 year insurance to the anniversary upgrades, so my 325a-350r package i melted and re-bought today will get the benefit of the 2 year insurance, so if you are sitting on any upgrades and have yet to apply them and they still cost the same melt and rebuy to get more insurance time.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3889108/#Comment_3889108

CIG Ben Lesnick wcloaf
Posted: 9:54PM
No one is conspiring to keep two year insurance from you. :) I am pretty sure this is something we overlooked when re-enabling the upgrades... and it's something we'll have the web team fix as soon as they're back in the office.

It is also in Limbo for the next 24 hours if the racing suit, pistol and coat ect will remain in the store.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3889539/#Comment_3889539

CIG Ben Lesnick wcloaf
Posted: 10:53PM
Howdy folks,

I do not see an issue with bringing these back with the same limted sale SKUs, which is what happened here. They are not permanent additions to the store, they're back with all the same ship packages that were offered in the last sale.

That said, I also don't see it as a big deal not to; we make almost no money on these upgrades and include them because people demand them. From my panel, it looks like a grand total of 51 people have bought them... and despite the conspiracy theories, trading $510 in support for the game for backers' essential trust really isn't what any marketing department anywhere would plot out and cackle madly about. (To my mind, making it 'another color' and then selling doubles to everyone would be significantly scuzzier.)

Please tell me the way you'd like us to play this. We'll base what we do on the further replies to this thread (I'll add them all up in 24 hours.)

- Remove the flair addons from the current sale.
- Divide them between 'old' and 'new' versions, with some cosmetic difference.
- Continue selling them as limited items during this sale.

From my perspective: the advantage to continuing to sell them is that we'll make a small amount of additional money to back the game and backers who weren't able to pick up the items in the previous sales get a chance. The essential disadvantage to creating a second version is that doing so comes out of the game's bottom line: even a small cosmetic difference requires an artist's time to create, an engineers time to implement and a QA person's time to test.

If there's a great fourth option, I'd be willing to add that to the list! (Continue selling them, but turn the profit into additional discount Aurorae?)

Last edited:
Nope, lol

I've lived in 14 states so far and visited 47 of them, I'm not sure where I've picked up my slang words anymore. It may have even been from my moms side of the family that live around central PA. IDK I just liked the word lol

Ahhh... Perfect! Now I can have my LTI super hornet without paying my ass off. :D I may upgrade the Avenger to some other variant when available but that's it then.

Last edited:
Nope, lol

I've lived in 14 states so far and visited 47 of them, I'm not sure where I've picked up my slang words anymore. It may have even been from my moms side of the family that live around central PA. IDK I just liked the word lol

Haha, well it's most definitely a Pittsburgh word, so likely would've come from that side of the family then.

Look closely at that picture at the top of the sale page. It shows an image of the Gladiator in the lower-right. I wanted that ship badly, until I saw that image. What an ugly pig!

Freaking awesome

A player being dragged can exit being dragged with a counter-context sensitive action in case they don’t want to be moved.

I'm already done for. Just heal my arms and leave me a few grenades and a gun, I'll hold 'em off while the rest of you escape. :cool:

Back