Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

AMD Mustang Package now shows BETA ACCESS! This is out of my hangar.

Nice, they got those beta's put in a lot sooner than i would of expected..

My one they added alpha too, still has it also. So as soon as we get CCU options for turning the mustangs into other ships i will be able to turn 1 into a 350r and the other into Cutlass Blue (Once cutlass is in AC), going to keep one as an AMD mustang.

08tazgk.png

Downloaded the Kingdom Come Alpha, I love the environments you can do in Cryengine, can't wait to see StarCitizen planet side.

I've been waiting to get my code, their website is retarded and I think they screwed something up with the keys being awarded. I can't even log into the forums to complain because I get an "error unknown" lol...

Hopefully they get it figured out in the next 20 hours after than I'm flying out for vacation and unplugging (or at least trying to lol) for the next couple weeks.

I got the error unknown when I tried to log into the forum. I was able to log in from their main page and get my steam code. Only walked around and talked to people for like 15 min but it looks great. Few glitches but still looks very impressive.

This. I've literally forgotten how sleeping in a proper bed feels like. I have dreams (nightmares?) of never ending cholecystectomys lol. Someone shoot me.

Hah, I only have to deal with the heart, lungs and circulatory system. No idea how you guys working with the "other half" do it. :p

Last edited:
sweet I got my code finally. Now when I get home from work I have 4 hours to pack, play shroud of the avatar to get my stupid hat and log into Kingdom Come, try to play a few minutes of Civ Beyond earth lol..., and shower before I have to catch my flight haha. Unfortunately my old laptop is no more so I'm stuck with the old Tablet and phone.

It looks pretty, I was able to jump into the game for about about 5 minutes. I'll have to do the bow quest later tonight.

I got a CH fighterstick+throttle set up, with a nice deal from the amazon warehouse (with damaged packaging).

After a few hours fiddling with controls and getting it customized, I started with Freespace2. The initial impression really isn't that good. The stick feels about as accurate as a dirty ball mouse, the stick action is literally clunky (as in, it sounds like 'clunk clunk clunk' as it moves around), and you cant even move the thing diagonally in a smooth motion. It felt terrible. After tweaking sensitivities and gain curves I got it feeling playable and slowly got used to the wacky diagonal feel, but that initial impression is really rough.

Then onto Arena Commander. As my benchmark, I typically reach wave 8-10 with an Aurora MR and mouse+kb. First go at it with the hotas I got to 9. So about the same, but not bad without a lot of practice with the new controls. There was a lack of accuracy, but I was able to pull off some trickier maneuvering and lead targets easier. The stick started to grow on me, and the mad scramble of piloting a crappy MR surrounded by Hunters gets you immersed pretty quickly.

The versatility of the CH gear is really nice. I started to dive into scripting for the controls and there is a ton you can do. For SC, I added a button to decouple only on keypress, then recouple when released. That allowed for some quick maneuvering. So the CH gear is definitely a keeper, but it took a while to get there.

i can't really comment on the diagonal accuracy it has been a long time since ive used a normal joystick that uses springs or other mechanical axis, i have had this Thrust Master T.16000 for so long and it being so smooth with the 3D (Hall Effect) magnetic sensors, it has likely ruined my perception of other joysticks short of getting a warthog.

it has me little worried for when ever i decide to get a hotas, like either the SC branded one or X55 or some other one, i likely would never get the warthog due to price and lack of twist on the stick.

edit-

Mosaic time!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/bshfj9nte87eor/source/SC-Mosaic.png

i found the Dokazon emblem

Code:
Spoiler Dokazon Corp. location .........................................................................................................................................................................12 to the left of the C in front of Citizen

Edit- 2

Reverse the Verse notes taken from Main SC forums

Reverse the Verse Summary 10/23

Gladius may be flyable before the Avenger, but the Avenger would be very soon after.

Whichever comes first, between the Gladius and the Avenger, owners of the other would likely use that trainer in the meantime.
Cutlass and Avenger both set for 1.0, which "isn't far off".

Four Avengers (base + three variants), none currently include the second seat from the old trainer model.

Gladius replaced Avenger as the trainer ship for S42.

Herald "$100 max," Ben suspects, though they have to sit down and discuss it first.

Another hallway shot of the Starfarer coming soon. edit: Sooner than I thought.

Reddit AMA and forum Q&A for [Redacted] tomorrow

Carrack currently very slightly bigger than a Constellation.

Tentative "yes" for a CIG presence at PAX South

All event plans next year will be outlined closer to Christmas

Hull C "really early" in concept

Orion will not be the next ship

Carrack will be the next, next ship

(so it follows that the Herald is the next ship)

(on whether there will be character+FPS packages, as opposed to ship packages) That's to be revealed next week.

Last edited:

No one posted Sandi's sneak peak from today yet.

i follow sandi on facebook but i never check facebook lol...

i usually just wait for someone to post it in the SC general forums. but i never saw today sneak posted.

Is there a tool to find an org in the mosaic? Try finding [H]ardcore for me please
Logo:
HOCP-Logo.jpg

Last edited:
The 890 is sporting some plasma cannons in the turrets, and they sound pretty high end.

Manufacturer: Preacher Armaments
Gun Series Name: Seraphim
Weapon Type: plasma
Naming Scheme: C1, C2, C3, C4, C5
Tagline: Restoring order with a baptism by fire.
Description: A powerful plasma ship cannon with very high-end components. Origin Jumpworks has been said to be in talks of obtaining an exclusivity deal with Preacher Armaments for this weapon to be featured in their latest interstellar yacht, but as of yet Preacher Armaments Seraphim plasma cannons are still sold in prestigious arms rooms ‘versewide.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...45-LORE-BUILDER-NINETEEN-Cannons-Commandments

Quick question regarding RSI store credits. Can they be gifted to another account, and then gifted a second time?

Quick question regarding RSI store credits. Can they be gifted to another account, and then gifted a second time?

pretty sure everything can only be gifted once if you used only real money, so you buy some credits and you can gift it once, but as soon as that person gets it what ever they buy is ungiftable because they used credit. you can not regift credit

hmmmmmmmmmm

Im thinking.... Herald, hmmmmmm

yeah i may pick one up when they go on sale, or 2 if i have enough store credit i don't mind moving around.

i can always melt one later or both if i decide i don't want one.

yeah i may pick one up when they go on sale, or 2 if i have enough store credit i don't mind moving around.

i can always melt one later or both if i decide i don't want one.

Yeah, this is making me think REAL hard about changing my roll.....

I think I'm gonna switch to Covert Ops (Data Runner) and work with teams on taking out sections of space, or even other guilds, be a data supplier.

Yeah, if Ben told the truth, less than $100, than I am going to get a Herald, and I will be Covert Ops for sure.

So I got this game through the AMD Gold rewards program. Got my ship into the hangar, made it into the ship, and no key i pressed would initiate a flight. Albeit I only had about 3 minutes to fiddle with it before I had to leave, I felt completely lost. There any beginners guides/tips to know?

So I got this game through the AMD Gold rewards program. Got my ship into the hangar, made it into the ship, and no key i pressed would initiate a flight. Albeit I only had about 3 minutes to fiddle with it before I had to leave, I felt completely lost. There any beginners guides/tips to know?

Welcome!

Since the AMD Mustang is not flyable yet you can't take that ship into Arena Commander instead you get access to a loaner trainer ship. To access Arena Commander Press ESC and you will see the menu and the trainer ship you can select (It will probably be an Aurora or a 300i). ONce you've selected it you can move on to any of the game modes available: Spectrum match = Multiplayer against other people, Drone SIM = Single player against A.I.

Just so you are aware, you might need to still back with $5, like get a ship skin or something to actually be considered a "backer" and get backer rewards.

Every Million mile stone the game reaches there are votes currently for ships we want to see but some milestones include digital items for your hangar or equipment to use in game at some point, so becoming an actual backer has its merits and its only $5 and it can be on anything in the pledge store, i suggest a skin tho since you can melt the skin for store credit later if you want too.

As well as it might be needed to actually join an Organization and such.

Well there are gonna be some happy Drake fan boys out there. I'm still waiting to see the Carrack (got a little over $200 in credits saved up).

They aren't touching the anticheat question, I think there was one answer on twitter that said no anticheat, but that was all I heard mention.

Herald is one I've been waiting on and I'm very glad to see the lower price. Gameplay roles outside of space combat are one reason I'm so excited about Star Citizen, so salvage, massive "space liner" passenger transports, search and rescue, hospital, exploration, etc.. ships are great to see. The Drake Herald is a great example highlighting the value of small, high value cargo ...including information! I like the idea of both offensive and defensive info warfare packages. Someome may be hauling an entire Starfarer or Hull C worth of cargo, yet it not be nearly as valuable as files encrypted in the durable storage drive of someone's Herald, or a small briefcase in in the ultra-secure storage area of a Phoenix or 890 Jump. Very cool, indeed.

Back