Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Secured mine! Jesus mother of fuck - there were 699 remaining when I purchased, I went through paypal and BOOM, down to 100!

Now 60!

Now 40!

GONE!

lol, that wasn't to bad, I think I'll be fine at 3am. I had plenty of time to make my purchase once they were posted. Hopefully they get the cutlass upgrades up.

well with how fast they did sell out, i am a bit relieved i got one.

now i just need to decide if i should get my khartu back next week or not, i might try and see if i can get my non lti m50 back instead "melted it for the reclaimer" since the 890 looks like it might fit 2x m50's in its boat bay.

Just noticed this on the Cutlass Blue page: "Please note: This upgrade must be applied before game launch!"

First time I've seen that but I admit I haven't been looking in the store lately.

Notice the missiles on the Police/bounty version on the top, between the engines, that is new.

Cutlass-Blue-Base.jpg

Cutlass-Red-Base.jpg

Comes with the Cutlass blue package but sold as an add-on for now also.

Advocacy Tools

The FACTION-9 from RRS has quickly become the nonlethal stun baton for working Hunters and Law Enforcement alike. Capable of delivering over 9mVolts, the Faction-9 will incapacitate most living things, human or no. Military grade aluminum alloy construction make the Faction-9 a game-changing weapon even if you aren’t using a charge. The textured rubber grip will insulate you from accidental discharges and also comes with a ballistic holster.

E&I’s M34 is a cutting-edge field restraint system that features. Tested in a variety of hostile environments and through rigorous abuse, the M34 exceeded the minimum testing requirements for Advocacy restraints. These restraints feature carbon fiber construction and a double-locking mechanism, guaranteeing that any suspect that you put in these, won’t be getting out. The M34 comes with a manual unlocking system as well as being remotely unlocked thanks to E&I’s new biometric-coded security system.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Add-Ons/Advocacy-Tools

i am going to add, the blue upgrade and the tools to my hangar, in hopes we get cross chassis options for the AMD Omega Mustang and cross one to a cutlass and apply blue to one.

I'm sure everyone wants to get Blue ones but I want to know who's picking up Red Cutlasses since they'll be incredibly valuable in helping patch people up after combat.

I'm sure everyone wants to get Blue ones but I want to know who's picking up Red Cutlasses since they'll be incredibly valuable in helping patch people up after combat.

yeah they will be important, also want to know who all is getting one of the future full blown hospital ships

you guys are always talking about buying ships....
Where do I buy them ?
and why would I want to?

I have never played a space sim...

you guys are always talking about buying ships....
Where do I buy them ?

and why would I want to?

I have never played a space sim...

Where do I buy them ?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

and why would I want to?

That is a hard question because everyone buys them for different reasons, some just want to support the project some want to get the ships early and have them for when the game comes out.

buying a ship is 100% optional because all ships can be earned in game when it comes out. you are essentially pledging to get a head start if you want too with a better ship or a ship more specialized for the role on the galaxy you want to play.

the game is not really a game yet, it is pre alpha with a multi player dog fight module called arena commander. with minimal game modes like team death match, capture the core and a racing mode.

if you are serious about wanting to support the game and get your feet wet this is the cheapest package that gives you full access to the final game, the single player story campaign and the online persistent universe portion of the game, and well as access to the current pre alpha Arena commander module.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Arena-Commander-Starter

@Wildace I might get that black hornet looks bad ass!
You think they will discontinue selling them?

The black stealth hornet is going to be for sale up until the point the game actually comes out or shortly before so there is no worries on waiting on buying one for now.

They do offer cross chassis upgrade options too, so you can buy that $45 Aurora package i linked to get started and when you decide you want to upgrade that aurora you can go here

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=66

and say upgrade your aurora to a 300i as a stepping stone, then later upgrade it to a hornet and once you have upgraded to a hornet you can go to the ship upgrades page

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/F7C-S-Hornet-Ghost-Upgrade

to upgrade the hornet in the package to the black stealth version.

which should cost you the same amount of money if you just straight up bought a game package with the stealth hornet in it, but it lets you ease into it and buy it over time.

Also if you do get the game, we have an Organization where a lot of players from the forums here are planning to take part in so if you get a pledge package you are welcome to join us, and we can help you get use to and figure out a space sim since you said it was your first one.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/DOKAZON

Not sure what I want with the cutlass now. Blue looks cool, but it looses the Pirate/utility of the Black. Red seems cool but I don't know if it's something I would want to do. Going to read through the brochures so more before I buy.

Red ones people, we need Red Cutlasses lol. The infirmary in my Idris can only hold so many people... Consider that if you die from your wounds after a boarding mission your ship will be left without a pilot making that a double loss for all of us.

I must say this presentation was really well done. Smooth transitions between videos and stuff going live on the main website. It wasn't perfect, as there were some audio glitches, but definitely the best yet.

Really looking forward to the Pax Australia event in a few weeks for the FPS module reveal.

Not sure what I want with the cutlass now. Blue looks cool, but it looses the Pirate/utility of the Black. Red seems cool but I don't know if it's something I would want to do. Going to read through the brochures so more before I buy.

pretty sure the blue retains the utility, you can likely pull out the cells

I'm curious if the Cutlass Blue Upgrade comes with the Advocacy Tools - they aren't listed at the moment, so I am wondering if I need to buy the extra $5 package just to be sure. Much like I've done with the Constellation by buying the Phoenix Upgrade, I'll buy the "Limited" upgrade for my Pirate Pack LTI, yet not yet apply it. If I decide I want to use the Cutlass Red (I am interested in the medical aspect thereof and I'll be keeping my eyes on the hospital ship to come), I'll just buy one of those later. Red will be available, Blue will not.

Come to think of it, I wonder if there is a CIG rep-provided answer on the issue if "Upgrade, Limited Editions" come with the "Fluff" items. Constellation Phoenix Upgrade including the Piano, Cutlass Blue Upgrade with Advocacy Tools etc...

I'm wondering if the Blue will, like the Avenger, allow for customization of the "cells" in the back. It would be nice to have both options of "secure holding cells" versus more comfortable sleeping/ejection/stasis cells. It will be great to see all the gameplay aspects that could come from the inclusion of the holding cells - locking people in there is just one facet thereof. Can I use a holding configured with "Stasis" modules for medical use, keeping a patient "on ice"until I can deliver them to receive care? Can I hide and lock cargo in the holding cells for an extra level of security? Should be interesting.

Great livestream as always!

I'm curious if the Cutlass Blue Upgrade comes with the Advocacy Tools - they aren't listed at the moment, so I am wondering if I need to buy the extra $5 package just to be sure. Much like I've done with the Constellation by buying the Phoenix Upgrade, I'll buy the "Limited" upgrade for my Pirate Pack LTI, yet not yet apply it. If I decide I want to use the Cutlass Red (I am interested in the medical aspect thereof and I'll be keeping my eyes on the hospital ship to come), I'll just buy one of those later. Red will be available, Blue will not.

Come to think of it, I wonder if there is a CIG rep-provided answer on the issue if "Upgrade, Limited Editions" come with the "Fluff" items. Constellation Phoenix Upgrade including the Piano, Cutlass Blue Upgrade with Advocacy Tools etc...

I'm wondering if the Blue will, like the Avenger, allow for customization of the "cells" in the back. It would be nice to have both options of "secure holding cells" versus more comfortable sleeping/ejection/stasis cells. It will be great to see all the gameplay aspects that could come from the inclusion of the holding cells - locking people in there is just one facet thereof. Can I use a holding configured with "Stasis" modules for medical use, keeping a patient "on ice"until I can deliver them to receive care? Can I hide and lock cargo in the holding cells for an extra level of security? Should be interesting.

Great livestream as always!

only the game packages come with the fluff stuff, not the upgrades.

i think the exception to that was with the phoenix upgrade when applied to a game package it gave you the digital fluff item piano.

you know a attack groupd of 3 Cuttlass, 1 Black, 1 Blue and 1 Red, could become a interesting combo.

1 Black for killing and salvage, 1 Red for long range scanning and revive the dead both pirates and victims, and a Blue for Damage and enslaving the victims both alive and revived. ;)

Alrighty I got my 890, and a Cutlass Blue upgrade, Freelancer DUR upgrade (BTW the blue upgrade now shows the extra items in the upgrade :) )

I canceled out my M50, Freelancer MIS upgrade, Gladiator and 1 Starfarer. (they were all bound :( )

The second run of 890 came to a stop around ~279 and slowed way down. Hopefully they will be sitting on around an 1000 unsold so the grey market fucktards aren't sitting on them and anyone who really wants one can get one.

Back to work for me :) must earn more money for ships lol.

I actually can't see the counts but I am on my phone. Just nice to see the site didn't die this time (so far). Every time I've had a moment to check threads etc and when I pledged tonight, it was up each time and even loaded quickly. Guess they beefed things up for traffic this time.

There was someone from the grey market who posted a picture of a bunch of 890 Jumps they purchased, I hope the November sale bites them in the ass.

Last edited:
With the exception of a few hiccups the whole thing went pretty well. 2 years and they finally got it down lol :D

I saw that also Ranger, although I'm not sure why you want to get bit in the ass lol :confused:

And it looks like they finally sold out ~52 minutes or so.

Back