Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Sooo I have about an hour to go on my download. I'll probably start streaming showing off the new hangars soon after. Taking requests for which one to show first (I have access to all of them).

From Ben:
The M50 can mount a jump drive, it just doesn't come with one stock from the factory.

Im sure, more than a few people are breathing a sigh of relief.

Nice! so having a 350R M50 scouting duo for the fleet is doable still.

Ben just confirmed that owners of the Banu Merchantman will have access to the Asteroid hangar soon. I assume this would also apply to owners of the Caterpillar but who knows.

As a Retalliator owner it'd be nice if I could switch to at least the business hangar, maybe in the future there will be a military hangar.

Yes Cutlas and Caterpillar were already known to come with the Asteroid hangar.

There were hints a long time ago, I remember Rob talking about it on an old episode of WMH. He said it had now become a "biiiig baby"

Applying Patch

It+s+HAPPENING.+100+shure+from+pol_47a934_4838945.gif

Connection Error
Login Failed!

Vader-noooo.gif

Edit: Also looks like I now have access to all the hangars.

That ad for the '50 was great! So excited to see the new stuff, tomorrow sometime
(at the rate it's d/l).

Just traded in my Connie so I can try out the m50 and 350r. Excited to see the racing module, really want the xian scout added though I think it would be a unique racer lol

Last edited:
yeah, the 350r is considerably faster than the 300i

i'm happy with it so far :)

oh snap

"Here to Stay

The M50 and the 350R are no longer limited pledge ships! Backers can now add them to their fleet at any time. "

stand alone m50 is now $100 too, so the earlier m50's which were sold at $80 and $90 are "limited" discounts

Glad I got the 350r back in November, since it was cheaper. Also, it looks like the 350r no longer will take any kind of cargo :(

yeah i am not sold on wanting a 350r when i have an m50

now that prices are higher, i was thinking about getting one today but the price increase does not gel with my empty wallet

Last edited:
going to use store credit to pick up a 350r so i can at least try it.

i have so many ships i plan to melt into credit any way lol

extra khartu-al, 2x 325A's, Avenger, Gladiator, and a khartu-al LTI and lti m50 that i want to cross chassis into a connie and tali lol.

only things i cant melt are the 2 lti ships and i want to hold on to the gladiator to try it before it gets canned.

and damnit i missed it, the race suit was on sale in the store for $10 and i was about to buy it and they removed it before i could lol

I don't care to see the price increase to be honest, it just seems silly at this point.

Glad to see they added the Track IR support, and the Racing suit also though. :)

I'll have to wait till I get home at 4am to even download the patch though :(

I don't care to see the price increase to be honest, it just seems silly at this point.

Glad to see they added the Track IR support, and the Racing suit also though. :)

I'll have to wait till I get home at 4am to even download the patch though :(

the price increase does not bother me at all, i mean they were originally sold as limited and then got moved to non limited ships so they kinda needed to increase the price of them to not totally screw over the people that bought them when they were "limited" so it was the right thing to do at least in my opinion.

damn so the way it sounds the racing suit was a mistake and not coming back for sale, it was supposed to be lightspeed only exclusive and still is so that 5minutes from the point it was in my cart to them deleting it from my cart cost me not getting the suit. dammnit lmao

hmm, that sucks. The Light Speed package was $120, and the same package at the time a Bounty Hunter Package, 350R upgrade and now the suit, would have brought the total to $120 (65+45+10=120).

It should be a non issue.

why is everything so pixelly? i have the same issue when i play on my rig too, is it like that for everyone? the detail is great and looking at stuff close up is beautiful but looking at any angles lines from a distance just looks terrible to me, more so than in any other game i've played recently. is this something that will be fixed or do i need AA or what?

also noticed the huge hit the m50 got to its stats holy hell lol.

Max TR2 for main and maneuverings dropped to TR1, max power plant dropped to size 2

holy moly it lost a lot and it didnt lose any weight losing all that da fuq lol

Wow- the hangar shots all look great! I hope the #%$^ patch finishes today so I can get in. And the Revel & York looks so nice that I suddenly want to be a gentleman pirate... ;)

Yeah it looks so shiny and clean. I'm still holding out hope of being able to "seed" the galaxy with the hangars one already owns.

Wow- the hangar shots all look great! I hope the #%$^ patch finishes today so I can get in. And the Revel & York looks so nice that I suddenly want to be a gentleman pirate... ;)

like 5 minutes left on the patch for me, i started it about an hour ago.

edit-
how long has the 60mm mass driver been a size 1? when i bought them they were size 2, but now the m50 only has size 1 gun mounts instead of size 2, but now the mass driver is only size 1 also...

60mm Mass Driver Cannon

Klaus & Werner (KLWE)
Type

Mass Driver cannon
Size

Last edited:
Tried the solo race for a few minutes but it was artifacting so bad I had to quit. Quick impression is that 350R is freaking fast, so fast I was blacking out and red screening on every turn lol

Pretty pissed that my 350r has no missiles now. But man, this ship turns on a dime now.

how can people tell how the game looks, its a stupid trailer which shows pretty much no gameplay footage.

where is gameplay footage?

how can people tell how the game looks, its a stupid trailer which shows pretty much no gameplay footage.

where is gameplay footage?

it was all rendered in engine.

but for gameplay you just play it. if you own it. or go to twitch or youtube

Pretty pissed that my 350r has no missiles now. But man, this ship turns on a dime now.

the stats page still shows it has the slots https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/origin-300/350r

even the m50 has its missile slots still, for the 350r you prob just have to move them over if it lets you, move the whole missile rack over if it doesnt let you then it might not be implemented yet.

Yea, I have the spots for the missile racks, but they are not provided, like they were for the 300i trainer :(

Also, doing vanduul swarm is very painful right now, since the weapons now don't auto-gimmible toward the enemy. This means I either have to find a better way to fly and gun on my 360 controller or learn how to fly with my keyboard and mouse.

Yea still D/Ling here too.

Wish the Constellation would make it in game to try flying soon.

BTW I read something about matches with friends...do we have an [H] pool setup among ourselves yet?

[strike=1]The one thing I haven't found is where is our code to share with friends.[/s]
Ok so whenever you start a private match the game gives you a code so you can share it with people.

Edit: Tried the game in Eyefinity and it was non stop artifacting, worse yet is they completely nerfed access to console commands. They took out pretty much all of them, no longer can you disable motionblur, cap framerate, etc. All you can do is rebind keys, turn on/off vsync and that's it.

Last edited:
[strike=1]The one thing I haven't found is where is our code to share with friends.[/s]
Ok so whenever you start a private match the game gives you a code so you can share it with people.

Edit: Tried the game in Eyefinity and it was non stop artifacting, worse yet is they completely nerfed access to console commands. They took out pretty much all of them, no longer can you disable motionblur, cap framerate, etc. All you can do is rebind keys, turn on/off vsync and that's it.

yeah the motion blur thing is annoying atleast when in the hangar, its not as bad tho when actually flying. but i would still rather not have it.

i have to say the sense of speed in the m50 and in an asteroid field feels so much better than before in a hornet, i have not tried a hornet or the 350r yet.

i went up the wave 4 against some ai to mess with the m50 and seems they have a hard as hell time hitting it, i think i got hit once, and only lost a wing because i hit an asteroid with boost on lol

looks like i need to fix my track ir clip since it sounds like track ir is working.

yeah the motion blur thing is annoying atleast when in the hangar, its not as bad tho when actually flying. but i would still rather not have it.

i have to say the sense of speed in the m50 and in an asteroid field feels so much better than before in a hornet, i have not tried a hornet or the 350r yet.

i went up the wave 4 against some ai to mess with the m50 and seems they have a hard as hell time hitting it, i think i got hit once, and only lost a wing because i hit an asteroid with boost on lol

looks like i need to fix my track ir clip since it sounds like track ir is working.

LOL...still downloading here. Have to go into work in a bit so might not get to play until tomorrow.

Are the codes 1 time use or can they be static? Meaning...every time we want an [H] deathmatch, we need to send PMs each and every time to share? Does anyone know?

Seems to be a work around where you can add "r_motionblur = 0" to user.cfg and it will disable motion blur, seem to work with a lot of the console commands.

why is everything so pixelly? i have the same issue when i play on my rig too, is it like that for everyone? the detail is great and looking at stuff close up is beautiful but looking at any angles lines from a distance just looks terrible to me, more so than in any other game i've played recently. is this something that will be fixed or do i need AA or what?

"Cryengine blurr". Most of the CE3 projects I have seen have been blurry like MechWarrior Online and Star Citizen. Hopefully they can smooth it out as the Crysis games don't suffer from it.

I just downloaded the patch myself.

Back