Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Hahaha that's awesome!

ya in the DF module camping is kinda lame but its still cool to see since it will be useful in the PU.

Can you imagine a small fleet traversing the PU, they come to an asteroid field.... there hiding on each asteroid is a hornet or avenger or retailiator, gladiator all hiding in wait. They emerge from the asteroids as the small fleet travels deeper and poof, like that, no more small fleet. Yeah, this is gonna be good.

No fleet would fly blindly into an asteroid field, that's why you have scouts. You don't send a lone fighter either, you send a pair so they can cover each other and if things get hairy one can sacrifice himself so the other can escape and warn the fleet with the info about the ambush. A 350R and an M50 would be a nice scouting combo.

edit: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu release this shit already

No fleet would fly blindly into an asteroid field, that's why you have scouts. You don't send a lone fighter either, you send a pair so they can cover each other and if things get hairy one can sacrifice himself so the other can escape and warn the fleet with the info about the ambush. A 350R and an M50 would be a nice scouting combo.

edit: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu release this shit already

Doesn't mean we wont find a stupid fleet out there, one that is flying an Idris blindly ;)

Plus a C&C ship could hide and give tactical info about battle without having to worry about his own neck.

Plus a C&C ship could hide and give tactical info about battle without having to worry about his own neck.

Exactly.

I think a lot of fun could be had from doing asteroid raids.

Im going to pull a Lorien on that and say " I think it would be alot of fun IF THE DAM DFM IS EVERZ RELEASED!"

/rant

I am interested so see what kind of performance different there is in DFM with a i5 and i7, and 8gb vs 16gb of ram.

I agree, just release the DFM already, I want to swoop in already.... oh wait, avenger wont be on V1, guess my aurora will have to do, sigh.

I agree, just release the DFM already, I want to swoop in already.... oh wait, avenger wont be on V1, guess my aurora will have to do, sigh.

which ships are in on V1? I haven't been following as fervently as I should...

which ships are in on V1? I haven't been following as fervently as I should...
The Aurora, 300i, and Hornet are supposed to be in V1. Though, only the base models so you won't get to fly the fancypancy Aurora LX, 350r or Super Hornet.

Can't wait for DFM v1!

as far as the dog fighting module is concerned there really is not much difference in the super hornet and the hornet they give you to fly, sure you are missing the second seat but it looks like they are giving you the ball turret and you cant really upgrade right now so you cant take advantage of the larger power plant capacity on the super hornet.

the 350r on the other hand would be an interesting addition compared to the stock 300i they give you tho more speeeed.

i am kinda betting the 300i they give you is closer to a 325a when it comes to weapons and shielding than a stock 300i so it can have a chance against the hornet with a ball turret.

Last edited:
I don't know if i just imagined this but didn't rob, or some other dev say that the cutlass will be coming put before the avenger in the DFM?

i don't remember.

i want my god damn asteroid hangar tho.

i hate the deluxe.

i also want to see the m50 in my hangar, it gives me wet dreams.

No shit. i am almost looking forward to the asteroid hanger more than the DFM just so i can be rid of that god awful deluxe hanger

I really wish that I could use my 350R in V1 :(. Also, I hope that we get a full set of weapons on the ships or be able to modify the ships to add some other variations to V1.

That even the most hardened fanboi can be brought to his knees by delay upon delay is so beautiful that I literally wept when it read your post! ;)

Oh look, it's the antisocial pariah coming to shower us with his sunshine. See you in the verse! :D

P.S: I hope you know the difference between actual written emotions and hyperbole. As homework you get to decipher which of the two is this post :)
P.P.S: I can't stop reading your posts at the tune of Linkin Park's, Crawling, make it stop please 'cause I'm about to break :confused:

Last edited:
It's been awhile since we posted this, if anyone still needs to sign up for our Organization

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/DOKAZON

I just put up a Team Speak for Dokazon members to use to talk about SC or communicate during dogfight module.

It also has a 24/7 Dokazon Propaganda channel playing the 22 unnoficial soundtrack songs.
incase you just want to chillax. lol

just pm me if you need server info.

Last edited:
It's been awhile since we posted this, if anyone still needs to sign up for our Organization

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/DOKAZON

I just put up a Team Speak for Dokazon members to use to talk about SC or communicate during dogfight module.

It also has a 24/7 Dokazon Propaganda channel playing the 22 unnoficial soundtrack songs.
incase you just want to chillax. lol

just pm me if you need server info.

Applied

hopefully we get some better info on tomorrows WMH about a DFM release or at least say if its been pushed back farther in May

i like that the last 10 for the chairman had an m50 question, getting it "soon"

would be nice if we got some new shots of it tho beyond the concept art we already have "sooner" so we can see some of the changes.

i like his description tho a cross between an F1 car and a ferrari.

Atleast the m50 doesnt look like the gray box of sadness that the starfarer is.

Oh look, it's the antisocial pariah coming to shower us with his sunshine. See you in the verse! :D

P.S: I hope you know the difference between actual written emotions and hyperbole. As homework you get to decipher which of the two is this post :)
P.P.S: I can't stop reading your posts at the tune of Linkin Park's, Crawling, make it stop please 'cause I'm about to break :confused:

lol

It's a freighter, did you expect sleek, streamlined lines?

A freighter that doesn't remind me of strong sad :p

Strong_Sad.png

That's why they released the awesomeness that is the banu merchant.

hey can some one post a link to wmh when it comes out, thanks.

Last edited:
I wont grab the twitch stream link, but as soon as it hits youtube I will post that!

Well that was an interesting and unexpected technical glitch during the live stream.

Well, with the DFM coming out within the "soon" perimeters, I decided to upgrade my monitor. Grabbed a monex 1440p on amazon. I really hope that it will be a GREAT improvement over my 1050p monitor.

If you have concierge and have a good relation with your CSR you too can be included in the early pool of users for the DFM rollout. hint, hint.

wonder if the 50-100k is going to be based on citizen ID #, if only the first 100k get in i wont get in first roll out i am #127k ish

Ya, it sounded like the end of next week, but nothing solid was said.

EDIT: It was mentioned before that the staggered roll out would be based on a number of factors, like subscriber, original backer, etc.

Can't believe how long the current sq42 script is at 1000 pages, Chris said they can only shoot about 6-7 pages per day so it would take like a year and a half to film the whole game. Still looking forward to sp more than mp though, also I really hope they put that banner in the hangar at the end of wmh for sale

I think everyone that went to the DFM event should get that banner (or atleast as a toggleable option) :p

gDT7P7R.gif

:D

P.S: Get ready for that line becoming a long running meme in the game/community.

Back