Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

54% No on the Mustang vote, I voted No. I would rather see more finalized info before making any jumps.

jumps? its a starter ship.... its probably going to cost around 40 bucks. i don't see why people don't want it to go on sale.

I am still looking for someone wanting to get rid of a Aurora - LTI package.... anyone?

im sorta on the fence about wanting one too, but i dont have any more money to spend on SC right now so it makes my decision pretty easy to skip the mustang lol,

im sorta on the fence about wanting one too, but i dont have any more money to spend on SC right now so it makes my decision pretty easy to skip the mustang lol,

Understood, but I want this more for my son ;)

I have the Avenger already, I want him to have the mustang (I was going to get him the aurora, but knowing him, he likes to blast stuff more than haul stuff).

300.00 USD. :D

That's not even funny.

Im sure on other sites they are posting it for whatever bogus amount of money, but we are a little more decent here amount fellow starfarers. Well, except shifty.

Interesting episode, but I really can't wait for the Next Great Starship on Friday, not that they are getting to the meat of the matter. I hope to see some variety (not 80+ rotating barrels).

Also FrEaKy;
I love the look of the Mustang, but will sell you my LTI Aurora if you don't get any hits...

Interesting episode, but I really can't wait for the Next Great Starship on Friday, not that they are getting to the meat of the matter. I hope to see some variety (not 80+ rotating barrels).

Also FrEaKy;
I love the look of the Mustang, but will sell you my LTI Aurora if you don't get any hits...

That would be appreciated. I really want an Aurora to get the mustang!

oculus rift support is now in the hangar with new patch, interested to hear feedback from those that have it

oculus rift support is now in the hangar with new patch, interested to hear feedback from those that have it

I hope its more related to, if in cockpit, if you move your head left, you can look out the left side of the ship, rather than the ship turning in that direction!

Yes, head and body move independently. When in cockpit you'd be controlling the ship with your joystick.

I hope its more related to, if in cockpit, if you move your head left, you can look out the left side of the ship, rather than the ship turning in that direction!

that's the plan right now, though I'm still waiting to see how they implement it when just walking around with your character in the game without becoming fully disoriented with where your going.

that's the plan right now, though I'm still waiting to see how they implement it when just walking around with your character in the game without becoming fully disoriented with where your going.

its not very hard, I use track ir when i am playing arma, and its very easy to manage. At first it was a little weird, and i didnt like it that much. but after i got used to it I can stand not having it in other games. I feel so limited with out the ability to look around, without spinning my entire character.

its not very hard, I use track ir when i am playing arma, and its very easy to manage. At first it was a little weird, and i didnt like it that much. but after i got used to it I can stand not having it in other games. I feel so limited with out the ability to look around, without spinning my entire character.

yea Arma does it pretty well but I think because you have your weapon as a reference to where your body is pointing. I'm wondering how SC will do it when just walking around on planets without a weapon drawn as a reference.

So I've been playing around with the mod that lets you fly ships. It's definitely fun, but something feels a bit off, like the physics aren't being simulated correctly. For example when you turn, you "come out" of it without applying reverse thrust. That plus acceleration is completely wrong...

Maybe things will be different in the dogfighting module?

Limited ships aren't really limited because they know that people will rush to buy them when they are put back up. For all the "innovation" in SC the greed constant never changes. They didn't have the balls to create truly limited ships that are truly only sold during one period of time and that's it. CIG appeased the whining masses before so that "more players could enjoy the LTI/ships/etc." when in reality it was all about adding a few more million to the balance sheet.

The way to take advantage of the not-really-limited ships is to buy them when they are on sale and then put them on eBay in between sales. Right now you can almost double your money on many LTI packages if you sell them off.

Wonder if Elite: Dangerous gains any traction and steals any thunder in this space. They ships may suddenly start getting cheaper. For now it remains an object of curiosity why some would pay hundreds, thousands for an virtual object in a videogame under the guise of exclusivity.

Last edited:
So I've been playing around with the mod that lets you fly ships. It's definitely fun, but something feels a bit off, like the physics aren't being simulated correctly. For example when you turn, you "come out" of it without applying reverse thrust. That plus acceleration is completely wrong...

Maybe things will be different in the dogfighting module?

I'm sure they've yet to tweak the physics as it looked kind of twitch based from their dfm demo back in december. It should only get better once people start giving proper feedback

So it looks like my TrackIR added a StarCitizen Profile (as has been pointed out in the RSI forum), has anyone figured out a way to enable the TrackIR in the Hangar?

FYI about the "Wall of Honor" for Imperator subscribers. Ben made a post in the subscribers den stating the following.

Ben Lesnick

wcloaf Posted: 4:07PM

Please note that we are no longer adding additional names to the Wall of Honor. If you didn't have your year before the notice went up yesterday afternoon, we're not able to add you to the wall. I know that a number of people are itnerested in buying additional subscriber time now, but we simply can't make the installation any larger. You should only contact CS if you have a year of Imperator or Imperator Prime time on your account and do not have the 'Wall of Honor' area on your account settings. (This should be a very small group of backers who may have been missed because they changed subscription types at unusual times.)

Stand alone and it didnt have LTI, so I didn't have an issue burning it. Do original backer have a discount? There needs to be a list on what you chaps have over us, the regular jack-offs.

I just grabbed a hoodie, I was wanting one when they first came out but $65 was a bit expensive I thought.

Stand alone and it didnt have LTI, so I didn't have an issue burning it. Do original backer have a discount? There needs to be a list on what you chaps have over us, the regular jack-offs.
Any perks original backers had are over and done. I'm thinking long term, like filling up the organization's shared hangar and rent those ships out to 3rd parties to help fund our operations (LTI on those shared ships would lessen the risk and expense of it being destroyed/stolen). There will be no taxation in our org.

Still looking for an aurora with lti folks, it doesnt have to be a package, JUST the aurora! :)

I had a love/hate relationship with the avenger, so I'm not too sorry to see it go. As for the organization's hangar, thats always for later :).

*edit* Plus, I'm sure there will be a few "liberated" ships that would fit the bill when we get "welcome parties" together for stranger in the PU.

Last edited:
TNGS episode 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scvwN6u2mwM
Gunship specs:
Very similar to the Constellation, except it has an extra remote turret and less powerful engines.
aEG2tw4.jpg

Last edited:
cant wait for the pax east event! but if I get the job I am applying for I wont be able to go....which totally sucks.:(

So far, I'm glad that they actually did The Next Great Starship series. First three episode were pretty bland, but the fourth one pretty much was awesome with the mustang creation.

Mustang specs:
Model: Mustang Alpha
Manufacturer: Consolidated Outland
Role: Pursuit
Description: The new Mustang spacecraft line is preparing to go into mass production is priced to compete with Roberts Space Industries’ Aurora. Using newly-developed construction techniques and ultralight material alloys sometimes considered unsafe, the Mustang pushes power ratios to the limit. The result is a sleek, stylish spacecraft that weighs less than the Aurora and has more options for engines and thrusters… at the expense of some stability, weapons hardpoints and cargo capacity.

Structural
Cargo Capacity: 5 tonnes (optional)
Max Crew: 1 person
Upgrade Space: 3 slots
Max Power Plant Size: 3
Max Engine (Primary Thruster): 2xTR2
Maneuvering Thrusters: 6xTR1
Max Shield: 2

Hardpoints
Class-1: 2x Size 2 (wing mount)
Class-4: 1x Size 1 (nose turret)

whats up with the ship specs they were given, it seems like they are supposed to be building a really shit tali.

I just grabbed a hoodie, I was wanting one when they first came out but $65 was a bit expensive I thought.

Yea, I should be getting mine pretty soon (at full price,dag-nabbit). Can't wait.

Freaky- I'll give you my Aurora Monday (can't get to RSI on the travel laptop).

Last edited:
I bought a $60 pack a while back, I have never even booted up the game though, is there anything I should be doing now? There is just so much information out there, not sure if there is much I should be doing while I wait for release.

If you have any specific questions just post a list and I'm sure we can answer them for you. The biggest one will be the dog fight module release at PAX east the second week of April. Keep your ear to the ground for that.

+1 to what Weenis said. I'm also available to answer any questions you may have and if you want to see any of the ships available I can stream them for you live on twitch.

Back