Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

yes, Dokazon is the primary [H] Organization.

we have players that want to do a little bit of everything so you have a place there even if you choose to mainly explore or trade or even get a little combat in once in awhile.

Nice!

I am on the order page about to pull the trigger on the Cutlass package, then I see a Credits & Coupon button. They have Coupons? a quick google search and I did not find anything any idea?

I did read about the Organization system when they put it in, it seems very cool, more in depth than your usal guild in an MMO. Is your Organization a [H] one? :) thank you for the invite, I will accept :)

Yes, this is the [H] organization. Wildace and myself co-lead.

Stream will be live in a few minutes here: http://www.twitch.tv/lorien_hocp/

Edit: Streaming live now but going afk for a little while.

Last edited:
Really great to hear about the new procedural generation team getting started on this tech. After hearing about No Man's Sky doing this with just a few people, I just started thinking about the possibilities of SC having this with a bigger budget.

Dumb question. Some new starter ships were shown. I have an Aurora with LTI. Since I don't know the terms/process this is the best way I can ask: Would I be able to trade this towards a different starter ship with LTI?

there will be an *Upgrade* that you can buy and apply to the aurora to keep lti

Dumb question. Some new starter ships were shown. I have an Aurora with LTI. Since I don't know the terms/process this is the best way I can ask: Would I be able to trade this towards a different starter ship with LTI?

You will be able to 'sidegrade' any Aurora-with-LTI into a Mustang-with-LTI. No other ships will be able to make this swap.

Words from Ben.

Nice!

I am on the order page about to pull the trigger on the Cutlass package, then I see a Credits & Coupon button. They have Coupons? a quick google search and I did not find anything any idea?

Just so you know, there is a little app out there so you can explore the other ships in the Hangar, so you could just grab an Aurora pack for $35 and then use the app to change the ship to any of the others currently available and then decide what you want, melt your Aurora package and buy what you want. I think the only ship that causes problems is the the Constellation since it's so big the placement in the hangar is to close to the wall.

If anyone is off-loading a aurora-lti package, please message me, I really want to get that mustang sidegrade.

Mustang development is going to be featured during the TNGS, so my guess, at the end of the series.

Mehhh, makes me sad that I screwed up and melted 2 Aurora LTI packs about a month ago, although for those little ships I can't say I'm to worried about it, I would tend to think that Insurance would be really low for them.

Never melt LTI ships/packages, you can easily sell them at a premium.

Yeah I had forgotten that they had lti and by the time i realized it a few weeks had passed.

Yeah I realized my mistake I went looking online and I could have sworn I saw Support saying that they stopped, plus I had done it on a second account I had made way back and was holding it for a friend if he ever decided to join... So it wasn't on my main account with concierge, so I pretty much just said fuck it and tossed back another beer (given, that is were most of my blunders come in lol)

On a side note, WTF, I just checked some prices are people really buying those ships for twice the value, just for LTI? That's just nuts, I mean it's just a starter ship.... My brain hurts.

yeah i dont really put much value in lti my self.

its nice to have, but i can live without it. the stock equipment being insured is useless to me since i wont be keeping a ship stock for long so ill be paying insurance for that any way. and i doubt hull insurance on starter ships or even slightly higher ones like hornet and cutlass will be a whole lot either an idris on the other hand would prob be nice to have LTI on it.

If they had a confirmed system in place so there was no way for me to accidentally forget SHI upkeep or delete it, I could care less about LTI, the thought of losing a ship I paid real money for freaks me out. Now that I think about it, maybe I should put that as a question for 10 for the Chairman. Unless of course this has already been answered.

i think they already said they cant have a system where if you paid real money for an item you would ever lose it you might just have to the pay full credit value of a ship hull if you want it back or something no idea yet what they have planned for purchased ships without lti or they might not let you even fly it at all without being insured.

Post here if you want a Mustang pledge package added to the store. Doesn't matter if you intended to melt a ship/package to buy one or sidegrading from an Aurora package.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/108105/attention-mustang-pledge-package

I also have a standing request with concierge asking should a package be made available that they offer it with LTI if possible. Hopefully others ask the same and we get some traction on the matter.

ill ask concierge as well. but I wouldn't be crushed or even surprised if it doesn't happen.

+1 on that Mustang package, I'm sure there's tons of demand for it right now as it seems a lot of people already prefer that over the Aurora

Joining the Concierge conga line for clarification on a few things... What happens next with LTI will be pivotal, as it will likely guide policy for future ships released. As I'm waiting on the Origin 890 JUMP (as well as a variety of other crafts) and have been since the original 300 series brochure, this is of great interest to me.

Never melt LTI ships/packages, you can easily sell them at a premium.

haha this tempts me, I got the Xi'an scout lti but then think well crap Ive got a cutlass and I think that will end up being my main dogfighter so what do I need the Xi'an for. Then I get to thinking how much its worth on the market. Wonder if I could get a straight trade for a non lti constellation add-on ship for it :p

or mabey a straight trade for a lti gladiator lol. Being trying so hard to forget about this game till dogfighting is up but its hard

Got a reply:

hzF8vIT.jpg

The first part of me getting the gist of it is about Chelsea explaining how and when the subscriber perks would work for someone starting a new subscription. She also mentioned there will be an official FAQ to clarify things.

Second part is the answer about the Mustang package, from that we can assume that LTI is a clear possibility.

If anyone wanted to play around with them, I've been using this tool.

http://www.starshipdb.com/hangarshipviewer

also use this command to disable the screwy lighting issue r_DeferredShadingAmbientSClear = 1

The MIS variant spawns to low into the ground to get inside.

None of the doors work on the DUR or MAX, but the ship boarding animation works so you can get inside. I can't get to the cargo area on the DUR through the door, but you can sit in the cockpit and use the mouse to scroll back, It looks the same as the regular freelancer inside.

You can get into the main cargo bay on the MAX if you run your character to the left of the door and you can go ghost through the wall. I wish the cargo door would go down but it doesn't yet, this fat boy gets 2 landing support struts in the back lol.

Last edited:
While inside of the ship stand close to one of the doors you can't open an press F1 until you get an outside camera view (this actually works anywhere as long as you are inside a ship). Now hold down "K" and pan the mouse around, it will clip through the ship's geometry allowing you to see all of it, use the scroll-wheel to zoom in/out.
Also for a non-clipping mouse controlled camera that pans around your character, hold down "G".

Oh and you don't have to type the entire console command, use TAB to autocomplete it, I.e. bring down the console, type in "r_d" then press TAB and it will autocomplete any commands that start with "r_d" cycling in alphabetical order with each TAB press. Ideally though what you want to do is add those commands into the "game.cfg" file in the folder \StarCitizen\CitizenClient\USER

Last edited:
DUR and MAX? Im assuming that this is a variant of the freelancer, but hell if I can find anything about it. Feel like enlightening me?

Check page 334 in this thread.

They are the possible freelancer variants (unconfirmed by CIG) the models where found in the game files of the last patch.

Got a reply:

hzF8vIT.jpg

The first part of me getting the gist of it is about Chelsea explaining how and when the subscriber perks would work for someone starting a new subscription. She also mentioned there will be an official FAQ to clarify things.

Second part is the answer about the Mustang package, from that we can assume that LTI is a clear possibility.

LTI is very doubtful unless it's swapped for an Aurora package with LTI.

There is supposedly something that you'll be able to "upgrade" an existing Aurora package (with or without LTI) to the Mustang package, but it will not be offered with LTI unless the existing package had LTI (or at least no current plans). Right now I can't really see them ever offering any LTI again, its a huge egg on their face, especially the way it shows up on eBay for 3 times the price right afterwards. There was some chatter about some of the pledge goal ships, like the Carrack being offered with LTI, but I'm not holding my breath (maybe the 2nd year anniversary).

its a huge egg on their face, especially the way it shows up on eBay for 3 times the price right afterwards.
It's precisely because of this that they should and probably will offer it. If all Mustangs come with LTI that will literally put a stop to ALL the profiteers planning to swap LTI auroras for a Mustang and then reselling it. It's the same logic they applied to the end of LTI sale, all ships came with it to stop Original and Veteran backers from hoarding ships for them to resell later.

Last edited:
Back