Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Not 100% sure but i believe CR said that there would be no cloaking devices. there will, i believe, be devices that reduce your signature or make it harder to spot you ect.ect. but not a one button win machine.

Ya, there won't be Star Trek cloaking devices that render you invisible both optically and to instruments.

I mentioned this in the other thread in more detail but you can buy upgraded ship signature masking equipment to hide your identity and presence from scanners but if someone sees you visually that's it.

Stuff like hiding behind asteroids does work which is the kind of element of strategy they are aiming for people to do. We could hide an entire fleet in an asteroid field and send out bait ships to lure unsuspecting people to follow that lone fighter and then we come out and say hi with a pair of Idris's, some Constellations and a few dozen fighters lol.

i dont know about hiding an Idris in an asteroid field, might be possible but even just hiding a constellations and a couple of fighters, all jumping a ship or ships would be a slaughter.

Zulu over on RSI forums made a size comparison chart. I just copy/pasted an Idris in to it at the correct scale (based off the Constellation) to see just how big all the ships are relative to each other.

pSObGTy.png

i don't think that Idris looks accurate, 2 hornets or 300i's need to be able to fit inside the hanger.

the fighters look a bit large for that scale.

Last edited:
i don't know why people make those "scale" pics; they aren't correct because nobody knows the exact dimensions of all the ships yet.

Not 100% sure but i believe CR said that there would be no cloaking devices. there will, i believe, be devices that reduce your signature or make it harder to spot you ect.ect. but not a one button win machine.

I was wonder this the other day. The two different types of missiles is what brought it to my attention. The 325a's missile system uses optical cues where the hornets and the cutlass' missiles use heat seeking. If there is no cloak system why is there any differentiation between the two

I haven't read the whole thread or kept up over at RSI so maybe this is common knowledge, but clue me in

I was wonder this the other day. The two different types of missiles is what brought it to my attention. The 325a's missile system uses optical cues where the hornets and the cutlass' missiles use heat seeking. If there is no cloak system why is there any differentiation between the two

I haven't read the whole thread or kept up over at RSI so maybe this is common knowledge, but clue me in

i am guessing that there be different ways to hide your signature which will negate certain guidance systems.

Different counter measures for different missile tracking would be my guess. Heat seekers could be thwarted by flares while the optical ones may lose their target by line of sight, for example if you dart behind an asteroid or some debris. Pure conjecture tho. Would be interesting if they also had radar/lidar seeking technology too.

There is discussion in the size thread that the hornet scale is 50% too large. Even then the Idris looks too small.

How the hell am i supposed to spend all day researching SC and hanging around on their site waiting for something to happen when its virtually broken on mobile devices. i may actually be forced to do some work.

i don't know why people make those "scale" pics; they aren't correct because nobody knows the exact dimensions of all the ships yet.

Some of them are guesses, but we do KNOW the Idris is 140m and the Connie is 55m, that's what I used to scale the Idris. Some of the other ships we know too, the 300 series size is in the brochure I believe, as is the Aurora.

different missiles lock in different ways. dumb fire missiles have no lock; they are basically like rockets and go in a straight line once fired.

heat seeking missiles lock onto the engine exhaust of the target ship. you have to be behind the ship to get a lock.

image recognition missiles lock onto the shape of the target craft. they can lock from any angle.

friend-or-foe missiles lock onto the nearest enemy ship automatically once you fire them. fire and forget missiles...shoot it, and it does the rest. might not be ideal if you're trying to shoot down a particular ship though.

Well one of the devs just said that the next brochure will be for the hornet. so hopefully we will have a bit more info, and maybe they will release some variants.

I'd just like to say that for any interested parties, I am willing to leverage my long-time presence here on [H] and WTB/WTS/WTT reputation thereof, to offer Original Backer packages, Add-On, and a la carte Ships with Lifetime Insurance,

I have access to the Original Backer packages (ie Prior to Nov 26 2012), which are both less expensive and have greater benefits (like Lifetime Insurance on ships they include, and other bonuses) than Veteran Backer packages and today's "normal" new packages. If you are interested in attaining a Star Citizen package, adding a ship to your hanger etc... and want to see the opportunities available, just let me know! I am thinking of putting a thread with more information on the packages I can offer as a For Sale forum. I will NOT be charging any extra to my [H] compatriots - any package I buy and resell to you will be at cost!

Anyone interested could please PM me. I'll get the prices and items I can offer up on my FS thread. .

link to that dev post please!!! :D

it was in the live chat, i can confirm Ben said it too. i was there.

he said he couldnt confirm or deny if there would be any more variants that he was just working on *wink wink*

it was in the live chat, i can confirm Ben said it too. i was there.

he said he couldnt confirm or deny if there would be any more variants that he was just working on *wink wink*

oh i believe him i just wanted to read the post. but if it was in live chat that makes it hard :(

im glad it'll be the hornet. he didnt say when then?

I'd just like to say that for any interested parties, I am willing to leverage my long-time presence here on [H] and WTB/WTS/WTT reputation thereof, to offer Original Backer packages, Add-On, and a la carte Ships with Lifetime Insurance,

I have access to the Original Backer packages (ie Prior to Nov 26 2012), which are both less expensive and have greater benefits (like Lifetime Insurance on ships they include, and other bonuses) than Veteran Backer packages and today's "normal" new packages. If you are interested in attaining a Star Citizen package, adding a ship to your hanger etc... and want to see the opportunities available, just let me know! I am thinking of putting a thread with more information on the packages I can offer as a For Sale forum. I will NOT be charging any extra to my [H] compatriots - any package I buy and resell to you will be at cost!

Anyone interested could please PM me. I'll get the prices and items I can offer up on my FS thread. .

Cool, I've already started doing this. Check the assets thread it's best you post there.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040032326&postcount=256

If the Hornet brochure makes me wet my pants, I may reclaim my 325A and get a Hornet and a Freelancer instead.

All of those places (even a kitchen) and no toilet lol.
you go in that little sink behind the seats! :D or maybe instead of four bunks (2 max crew, wtf), they could change one side into a shower and toilet. i guess that would just be a regular shower, then? haha! come on, who hasn't peed in a shower at least once. :p

i guess neither of those options cover "number 2". i'm sure there's a bucket in one of those "storage" crates back there lol.

Last edited:
I wonder if a brochure will be available for every ship sold so far before the hangar module is released.

I just might ship my pants!

I wonder if a brochure will be available for every ship sold so far before the hangar module is released.

so far they've released brochures at a rate of 1 per year. I don't think they'll have 10 done by next month.

Hate how you can't buy new t-shirts. I fucking hate that I took care of it, and in less than 2 weeks, a fucking hole was put into it by my cat...

So, I'm a "veteran backer" at the moment, but if I reclaim my Arbiter - LTI package (the package I bought to get veteran status), will I retain the veteran backer status? (So that if I reclaim my Arbiter package and get a Colonel package instead, will I have LTI on the Hornet in that package and any other ship I buy from now until Nov? Or will I lose veteran status if I reclaim that package?

The Veteran and Original backer status is attached to the account so yes you will still retain the perk of buying the discounted packages and ships with LTI

Back