Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

It's up to 5.629 with 5 hours and 45 mins left. Hopefully they can really get the push to 6M though. Would be awesome :D.

I pledged on Kickstarter last night, making it only the 2nd project that I have backed.

I am very surprised at how many people are paying so much for the extra ships. If you look at the kickstarter stats the last two days have about the same number of backers as the first two but with well over twice the money. I think a lot of that is people upgrading their pledges for the ships. I think I saw mention on one of the live streams that they have sold at least 20 of the 1000 dollar idris ships, and it wouldn't surprise me if they sell out of the 300 dollar vanduul fighters.

Do you think they can get 250K in just under 4 hours? Since it broke 5.5M around 6:25AM ET, it has gotten over 250K in about 3 hours and 35 minutes (currently 10:02 AM ET).

I just essentially timed it to an estimate of 25K in 15 minutes (23K in 13 minutes, but just being easy here) and if it kept going at the streak, it would mean 350K in the 3.5 hours (there are fourteen 15 minutes intervals 3.5 hours).

time it takes to earn $50,000:

Code:
5.00M / 1hr     / sun 18
5.05M / 1hr     / sun 18
5.10M / 1hr     / sun 18
5.15M / .75hr   / sun 18
5.20M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.25M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.30M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.35M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.40M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.45M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.50M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.55M / 1.25hr  / mon 19
5.60M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.65M / .75hr   / mon 19
5.70M / 1hr     / mon 19
5.75M / .5hr    / mon 19
5.80M / .5hr    / mon 19
5.85M / .5hr    / mon 19 <--11:00am et

dude.............

This has really made me have a lot more faith in the core PC gamer community. You always hear about how shitty PC gaming has become due to console ports and whatnot, but this really shows publishers there is a strong market for these games.

By the way, got my refund for the extra accidental pledge. Might just turn around and put the money back into my initial pledge to make it $60, though. The RSI website is having problems right now.

I completely agree.
I had not expected this much passion from our gaming community. It shows we are definitely alive!
I hope the console naysayers see this and start making PC games. But honestly its mostly dumbass publishers, so maybe what we really need to see is more crowdfunded projects like this, that cut out the dumbass publishers... idk...

This is very exciting!

But honestly its mostly dumbass publishers, so maybe what we really need to see is more crowdfunded projects like this, that cut out the dumbass publishers.

Yep.

Over-bloated marketing budgets and the like would mean this extremely successfully crowd-funded project would be a budget "failure." When marketing budgets equal or exceed production budgets, nobody wins.

It's also more the problem that so many publishers only have $ signs in their eyes and don't see something like this as profitable. Their loss, our gain. Weird how that works.

It did 45K in the last 30 minutes that I timed. Slowing down a little bit, but I don't think we should worry.

This has really made me have a lot more faith in the core PC gamer community. You always hear about how shitty PC gaming has become due to console ports and whatnot, but this really shows publishers there is a strong market for these games.

By the way, got my refund for the extra accidental pledge. Might just turn around and put the money back into my initial pledge to make it $60, though. The RSI website is having problems right now.

The PC gaming community gets called all sorts of names, run through the mud just about every day. In the end, we know what we like and we will pay big money to get it. Roberts gets it, so we throw money at him.

it'll load, it's just slow. if it craps out on you, just press f5. alternatively, anyone who pledges during this initial crowd-funding period for at least $30, can upgrade their pledge later or buy add-ons afterwards. if you have pledged on kickstarter, you'll want an rsi account, as the account and kickstarter pledge will be linked eventually (it'll take time).

anyone who has not pledged, may still do so afterwards, but there will only be basic tiers available and the prices will be a little higher.

My god, less than 75K off. They are going to do it! Wish I could see the live-stream from work but work blocks it :(.

One of the windows for the first one needs me to login. The 2nd works... but no video. It's just a lightning bolt.

Their main site is crumbling again... east coasters are hitting it hard... now the west coast is coming online.

Alright, I upgraded to BOUNTY HUNTER.
Come on, just a bit more!

Hmmm, I'm currently in for $125 for a Hornet...but I'm kinda tempted by the Constellation now that we're getting down to the wire. The only thing staying my hand is the small fact that I essentially know nothing about the ships other than what I read in the descriptions, lol.

Hmmm, I'm currently in for $125 for a Hornet...but I'm kinda tempted by the Constellation now that we're getting down to the wire. The only thing staying my hand is the small fact that I essentially know nothing about the ships other than what I read in the descriptions, lol.

Yeah, granted the emails blasts have been very detailed. Cant wait to see them in game

We're at $5.998m with an hour and a half to go. I'm calling it a success. $6 Million will be achieved.

EDIT
-and instantly it crossed the $6m mark-

Back