Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

I played a bit last night, two servers had issues and one good server crashed on me. Hopefully things calm down over the next week.

Some of the issues I had were that I couldn’t load shop terminals, inventory moves wouldn’t register and bounty targets wouldn’t load for me.

I played a bit last night, two servers had issues and one good server crashed on me. Hopefully things calm down over the next week.

Some of the issues I had were that I couldn’t load shop terminals, inventory moves wouldn’t register and bounty targets wouldn’t load for me.
Yeah, when they started spawning Xeno Threat, things went south a bit, it was better this morning for sure. For the shop issue, I purchased an item off of the wall, then the terminal worked, weird.

I was able to successfully finish 1 xeno threat from start to finish! 350k made during that as well, holly hell though, the final battle I hit 20fps max

Despite being a FF since .1 dropped, performance has been exceedingly amazing server side until they activated XT today, and even then I have not had any crashes or server drops in 3 hours this evening of doing delivery missions just to relax. You just have to play the game at a less crackheaded monkey pace than people seem to - walk/jog instead of sprint, click once and wait, etc.
That is something I could never have said before during a FF or an event.

I really wish less people would fucking haul around at sprint in heavy armor and weapons. I dunno, it just bothers the hell out of me for some reason in this game more than others I have played. To be fair, anyone sprinting in a capital pisses me off quite a bit as theres no reason to if you arent an impatient crackhead who actually sets aside time to play a game thats designed to not be played like you think its CoD with space ships.
It also probably annoys me because sprinting can and will cause bugs and deaths/injuries, and then the dumb fucks do a shocked pikachu face that they died for some reason. "I sprinted off the stairs and died! WTF!@$@!!!" - Or the fuck who sprinted into me when getting in an elevator and it pushed me through the world to fall to my death. Totally not bitter, that wouldnt have affected my hatred for people sprinting at all.

Despite being a FF since .1 dropped, performance has been exceedingly amazing server side until they activated XT today, and even then I have not had any crashes or server drops in 3 hours this evening of doing delivery missions just to relax. You just have to play the game at a less crackheaded monkey pace than people seem to - walk/jog instead of sprint, click once and wait, etc.
That is something I could never have said before during a FF or an event.

I really wish less people would fucking haul around at sprint in heavy armor and weapons. I dunno, it just bothers the hell out of me for some reason in this game more than others I have played. To be fair, anyone sprinting in a capital pisses me off quite a bit as theres no reason to if you arent an impatient crackhead who actually sets aside time to play a game thats designed to not be played like you think its CoD with space ships.
It also probably annoys me because sprinting can and will cause bugs and deaths/injuries, and then the dumb fucks do a shocked pikachu face that they died for some reason. "I sprinted off the stairs and died! WTF!@$@!!!" - Or the fuck who sprinted into me when getting in an elevator and it pushed me through the world to fall to my death. Totally not bitter, that wouldnt have affected my hatred for people sprinting at all.
I don't sprint at full speed but I do run. Because I do have limited time and by time I get to the ship selection panel its been 10 to 15 minutes and after a crash or two I'm almost out of time to play so I need to get back there quickly if I hope to do anything.

I don't sprint at full speed but I do run. Because I do have limited time and by time I get to the ship selection panel its been 10 to 15 minutes and after a crash or two I'm almost out of time to play so I need to get back there quickly if I hope to do anything.
How do you run vs sprint? I thought here was only 2 speeds, sloth and running out of breath

How do you run vs sprint? I thought here was only 2 speeds, sloth and running out of breath

Scroll wheel up and down when walking forward or back will adjust movement speed, and shift is always sprint. You can move at maximum movement speed (mouse wheel up until running/jogging) forever unlike sprint. Its not quite as fast, but nearly so, and causes a lot less issues with the game.

Thats fine IMO, running/jogging doesnt bother me for some reason. Its the full sprinting by using shift that pisses me off to no end. I have no issue if people want to "run" everywhere, that doesnt bother my mental switch like sprinting does.
Its still better to not be super full run in the interest of not launching off ramps and stairs, but its very rare when you arent sprinting, and only really happens on super low gravity moons.

Last edited:
Scroll wheel up and down when walking forward or back will adjust movement speed, and shift is always sprint. You can move at maximum movement speed (mouse wheel up until running/jogging) forever unlike sprint. Its not quite as fast, but nearly so, and causes a lot less issues with the game.

Thats fine IMO, running/jogging doesnt bother me for some reason. Its the full sprinting by using shift that pisses me off to no end. I have no issue if people want to "run" everywhere, that doesnt bother my mental switch like sprinting does.
Its still better to not be super full run in the interest of not launching off ramps and stairs, but its very rare when you arent sprinting, and only really happens on super low gravity moons.

Thanks! I have died a couple of times on planets sprinting!

I think the following was my issue with shops since I was flying around in a Gladius:

When visiting a station or city, players have been encountering a situation where all shop kiosks at the location appear empty. We are investigating a solution to this issue and will implement a fix as soon as possible, but for now, this situation occurs when certain in storage at the city or station. To correct this, if a player has any of the following ships stored at a location, they should retrieve the ship(s) from storage.

The affected ships are:

• Aegis Sabre
  • Kruger Merlin and Archimedes
  • Aegis Gladius
  • Anvil Arrow
  • MISC Razor

It's been 11 years since this threead was started. So has this game launched? Finished? Or is it still sucking people dry?

It's been 11 years since this threead was started. So has this game launched? Finished? Or is it still sucking people dry?

Look at this as something like an MMO, Lineage 2, WoW, etc. They launched with very limited game play, and it expanded and evolved, except with more scope, game play depth, and more bugs

This game will never be "Finished" until they stop adding to it, which can be another decade from now, or they develop an AI to add more content and grow the universe while they maintain the AI and hardware maybe :p

That is true, movement seems a little janky at full speed and weird things happen that make everything look off.

Last day for those interested in discounted starter packages and referral bonus of a free LTI ship! Anyone who had fun during the free fly and wants to buy a copy of the game, make sure to get a referral code from an existing player before you do to qualify for the P-52 Merlin snub fighter w/ LTI in addition to the other referral benefits. The Xenothreat event , ability to buy discounted starter packages and the bonus referral ship end on May 2nd at 20:00 UTC!

I'm downloading this 11 year old alpha test with a larger budget than some small countries GDP to try during the free fly.

Rent some of the ships, I rented the A2, which has big ass bombs, the graphics alone are worth the test bombing, fun as hell!

Last edited:
Yeah, the game is pretty great eye candy, I wish they'd lean more toward fun and less toward sim... I don't need eating and drinking requirements in a game.
It's what Chris Roberts has *always* wanted; he would have done all that in the original Wing Commander had PC specs allowed it.

1684890472305.png

Releasing the new fury from cargo bay :D

Last edited:
Alright, which one of you [H] bastards wants to help a noob out this weekend? Would love to crew for a bigger ship and learn some stuff.

Alright, which one of you [H] bastards wants to help a noob out this weekend? Would love to crew for a bigger ship and learn some stuff.

I just joined a corp, we run 5-6 people on a Retaliator and do bounties. Can get you an inv if you are interested! Also the new first 30min helper is useful in game

I just joined a corp, we run 5-6 people on a Retaliator and do bounties. Can get you an inv if you are interested! Also the new first 30min helper is useful in game
Bounties are aight, I'm doing them and box missions now because it's all I really can do. Would rather do some mining or salvage or something like that vs. combat.

3.19.1 finally seems stable, I’ve played the last few nights and it has gone fairly well other than me crashing into an asteroid with a full Mole which was entirely my fault. Let’s see if Jumptown later in the week manages to break things.

Also if anyone wants to play together add me, my handle in game is the same as here. I’m up for mining or bunkers or bounties. Maybe even PVP although I haven’t done it yet.

Same. bounty hunter KS package with the Origin 300i and LTI. About twice a year I install the game. Shortly thereafter I realize I’m completely clueless about how anything works and get super frustrated and then uninstall. All I actually wanted for my $35 was Squadron 42.

Still addicted. 3 of my friends started playing since I did. Lost ships to the patch which sucked.

Servers still suck. The upcoming test of a 200 player limit is going to set an AWS facility somewhere ablaze.

I bought an MSR in game. Really like it. But there are a bunch of bugs with that ship in particular they really should iron out. Dumb stuff like the HUD randomly going blurry and things. Other than that hauling 2 ROCs or an URSA for bunkers with friends is sweet.

Still addicted. 3 of my friends started playing since I did. Lost ships to the patch which sucked.

Servers still suck. The upcoming test of a 200 player limit is going to set an AWS facility somewhere ablaze.

I bought an MSR in game. Really like it. But there are a bunch of bugs with that ship in particular they really should iron out. Dumb stuff like the HUD randomly going blurry and things. Other than that hauling 2 ROCs or an URSA for bunkers with friends is sweet.

To be fair, an MSR is in general a mediocre light cargo ship right now, the blurry HUD is the least of its problems. No data running, no smuggling, no scanning with sensors...
I mostly like it for the tunnels and chess table, but the novelty wears off quickly lol
Until they implement the bulk of its functions, its just a cargo ship with mediocre weapons and small cargo for its size and cost. A lot like the Herald... Yeah, its in game, and you can do *stuff*, but it isnt made for whats in game right now. At least the MSR has a cargo grid and ramp to use it for other functions

Ive had no issues at all with the servers - I play on servers on the "night" side of the world, and found this gives me enjoyable smooth gameplay. The server might still be 100/100, but its FPS is higher (~15-20 instead of 5-7) and I have yet to get a single 30k since 19.1 doing this method.

Im enjoying the heck out of my Vulture n salvaging stuff, its pretty fun, easy, and profitable.

To be fair, an MSR is in general a mediocre light cargo ship right now, the blurry HUD is the least of its problems. No data running, no smuggling, no scanning with sensors...
I mostly like it for the tunnels and chess table, but the novelty wears off quickly lol
Until they implement the bulk of its functions, its just a cargo ship with mediocre weapons and small cargo for its size and cost. A lot like the Herald... Yeah, its in game, and you can do *stuff*, but it isnt made for whats in game right now.

Ive had no issues at all with the servers - I play on servers on the "night" side of the world, and found this gives me enjoyable smooth gameplay. The server might still be 100/100, but its FPS is higher (~15-20 instead of 5-7) and I have yet to get a single 30k since 19.1 doing this method.

Im enjoying the heck out of my Vulture n salvaging stuff, its pretty fun, easy, and profitable.

I usually do the same, most evenings I'm on the Ozzie server. Still get lots of issues like not being able to plot a course or repair/refuel my ships.

I really like the MSR. But I agree on all fronts. Although it has been making me a ton of money trading gold. It needs some love.

I can't wait till .20 to get vulture in game.

I bought a pledge for my friend, had to wait 2 weeks until my account was 30 days old to send it to him. The first day he got to play, his ship vanished.

Doesn't show up in ASOP, niknax, vehicle loadout manager, nada. Sent a ticket in, got told "yeah it's buggy. Sorry."

We ground all week and between all of us he got enough to buy a nomad. Now the goal for the 3 of us is get the cash together to get a reclaimer.

I usually do the same, most evenings I'm on the Ozzie server. Still get lots of issues like not being able to plot a course or repair/refuel my ships.

I really like the MSR. But I agree on all fronts. Although it has been making me a ton of money trading gold. It needs some love.

I can't wait till .20 to get vulture in game.

I bought a pledge for my friend, had to wait 2 weeks until my account was 30 days old to send it to him. The first day he got to play, his ship vanished.

Doesn't show up in ASOP, niknax, vehicle loadout manager, nada. Sent a ticket in, got told "yeah it's buggy. Sorry."

We ground all week and between all of us he got enough to buy a nomad. Now the goal for the 3 of us is get the cash together to get a reclaimer.

That sounds about right for the CS. "Yup. Sucks, huh?"
Thats ok, after .19 was released, I couldnt play until the day before .19.1 was released, because my character had no inventory or ships.

Concierge support told me the same "Sucks, huh?" when I asked for a full character reset instead of their new pretend reset that doesnt reset anything.
"We dont have the old reset tool available, if the new reset does not repair, the only thing I can say is wait for next DB refresh or reset with patch"

Their support also got mad at me in Spectrum for calling them out for lying to me in a support request - they lied about being able to make ships available for specific accounts, the exact words they used were "We can not make ships available to specific accounts on the store". Which is, absolutely, false. I know multiple people whom they have specifically made a single ship availble to purchase on the store at request - so its not that they CANT, its that they wouldnt. Again, I have no issue with them not wanting to. I took issue with the lie.

Last edited:
I play on the US servers almost nightly and it's been pretty stable. Sometimes you will get a bad server but then you can region hop or join an friend to hopefully get a healthy server. I was doing a lot of mining over the last week and the new changes are mostly good even though they are less profitable. I'm going to switch it up soon though and go back to bunkers and bounties as I haven't tried bunkers since before 3.18.

I play on the US servers almost nightly and it's been pretty stable. Sometimes you will get a bad server but then you can region hop or join an friend to hopefully get a healthy server. I was doing a lot of mining over the last week and the new changes are mostly good even though they are less profitable. I'm going to switch it up soon though and go back to bunkers and bounties as I haven't tried bunkers since before 3.18.

I have done *zero* mining, or reading up on the changes, or anything similar. I havent mined since forever ago. I did pilot my Mole for some guys, but thats the extent since the latest changes.

I suppose I should probably learn something on it, seeing as Im in a mining/salvage/repair squad for my org and we do a lot of mining. I just prefer flying, and love to be a pilot of larger multi crew ships... hence why I own multiple larger ships like the Polaris, Galaxy, HH, and Carrack.
I crashed my cat into a planet the first time I tried to bring it into Hurston from space assuming it would slow down somewhat, and ever since, I have learned and worked excessively hard to be a great pilot for the larger ships. I dont want to fire guns, I dont want to mine, I dont want to salvage.... I just want to fly, and for other people to feel safe when Im doing it.

Until they implement the bulk of its functions, its just a cargo ship with mediocre weapons and small cargo for its size and cost. A lot like the Herald... Yeah, its in game, and you can do *stuff*, but it isnt made for whats in game right now. At least the MSR has a cargo grid and ramp to use it for other functions

It’s also stupid fast for XT cargo hauling. The no-QT boxes

I have done *zero* mining, or reading up on the changes, or anything similar. I havent mined since forever ago. I did pilot my Mole for some guys, but thats the extent since the latest changes.

I suppose I should probably learn something on it, seeing as Im in a mining/salvage/repair squad for my org and we do a lot of mining. I just prefer flying, and love to be a pilot of larger multi crew ships... hence why I own multiple larger ships like the Polaris, Galaxy, HH, and Carrack.
I crashed my cat into a planet the first time I tried to bring it into Hurston from space assuming it would slow down somewhat, and ever since, I have learned and worked excessively hard to be a great pilot for the larger ships. I dont want to fire guns, I dont want to mine, I dont want to salvage.... I just want to fly, and for other people to feel safe when Im doing it.
I need to hire you when I get my reclaimer. Was one of the most stressful things ever trying to land that brick

Back