- Jan 14, 2006
If you have some actual criticism of the actual game, let's hear it and discuss it. I don't think anyone is going to argue against the game being buggy and nowhere near finished, though.
This post was pretty on-point.
Summary, with proof:
There's nothing to explore
AI is broken.
Physics engine is broken.
Persistence is mostly broken.
Care to comment on any of the above?
All of these are essential for an MMORPG, last time I checked, so the people
"playing" must be enjoying the HIGHEST-ACCURACY NOT A GAME SIMULATION!
In addition, I've read that thee is no guide for new users, so it's like we're back in the glorious 1990s, especial since behaviors change form one pach to the next.
One user's experience landing, a s an example pf the convoluted operations masked by no walk-through":
Here's how you land in Star Citizen
* Fly your ship close to the landing pads. But not too close! In space, you can get right up on them. On the ground, an orange boundary pops up and you will explode if you cross it. This isn't explained.
* Make sure you don't have crimestat. If you do, turrets may shoot you. They may or may not do any damage.
* Try to find the landing service on one of your ship's many randomly positioned screens. Oops, it isn't showing up there, even though you have a list of other people you can "Comm"
* Pull up your wrist menu and navigate to global chat. The landing service shows up there. Click on it. You will get a little box indicating that it is talking to you, but you won't hear anything. This is your indication that a pad has been assigned to your ship.
* Look for a small wrench icon. This indicates which pad you are allowed to land on. Why a wrench? Who knows.
* Hit 'N' for landing gear. Why N? Who knows.
* Make sure your thrust is dialed way the fuck back or the slightest up/down key will send you rocketing into the pad and exploding.
* Come to a gentle featherlike touchdown
* There is now a 50/50 chance that your ship will clip the pad and explode, or that it will be stowed and you will be flagged as a criminal even though you did everything right.