Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Are we not allowed to criticize an MMO game that hasn't shipped a patch with new content in over a year? And doesn't host nearly enough players to call itself that?

I don't mind that you deleted my earlier post, it was uncalled for. But I can't see how realistic observations of how successful MMOs run their systems is off-topic?

If it is, you might as well close the thread, since it would just be whittled down to "screenshot of the week" or whatever Around The Verse-vertisement is posted.
And do you really think I care about you voicing an opinion on this game? Damn dude, you have been around here long enough to know that is not the issue. Outline why it is the biggest clusterfuck moneygrab you have ever seen. I do not care. Just address the argument of the poster, NOT the poster. I will make you a promise. If I ever get in arm's length of Chris Roberts, I will punch him in the face and tell him it was from you, cool?

I suggest that whenever you post, it be ON TOPIC OF THE THREAD and follow Rule #1.

"(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS, NO TROLLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm. NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION OUTSIDE OF THE SOAPBOX SUBFORUM. http://hardforum.com/account/upgrades"

Backer from 2012 here with around $850 invested over the years....

I believe this game has potential but to be totally 100% honest, Chris Roberts has got to go. He is a terrible leader and demands too much of a game that really has nothing to show for. I understand CIG was built from scratch, and takes time to hire talent etc, its been 5 years now and all they have is a minor playable system that has "acceptable" framerates, but not great fps. Too many people are blinded by the potential of this game and what it might have to offer when and if it ever gets released, and every time they release a new concept jpeg people throw money at them. I have grown tired of seeing the concept ships for excessive amounts of money. I have personally stopped giving them any more of my money and plan on seeking a refund at the end of this year.

I really hope they get 3.0 out for their own sake, if it gets delayed any further beyond 2017 ya'll should seriously set off your own personal alarm bells. Mine have been ringing for a long time but keep getting told to be patient by friends.

:cool:

mTedc4X.png

I believe this game has potential but to be totally 100% honest, Chris Roberts has got to go. He is a terrible leader and demands too much of a game that really has nothing to show for. I understand CIG was built from scratch, and takes time to hire talent etc, its been 5 years now and all they have is a minor playable system that has "acceptable" framerates, but not great fps. Too many people are blinded by the potential of this game and what it might have to offer when and if it ever gets released, and every time they release a new concept jpeg people throw money at them. I have grown tired of seeing the concept ships for excessive amounts of money. I have personally stopped giving them any more of my money and plan on seeking a refund at the end of this year.

I really hope they get 3.0 out for their own sake, if it gets delayed any further beyond 2017 ya'll should seriously set off your own personal alarm bells. Mine have been ringing for a long time but keep getting told to be patient by friends.

Between the sort of mismanagement outlined in the Jennison (lead character artist) resignation letter (saying he worked there 17 months and only generated 4-6 months worth of product), the frivolous use of high grade acting talent (yes, he had to get one decent name actor, he did not need to get 6+), the money they've spent putting together their own mocap studios and then using The Imaginarium anyway, the money they pissed away with those FPS guys in Denver due to their crap management and communication, the rumors of their inability to deal efficiently with the oodles of data generated by their performance captures, etc, etc, etc: I think this project has pissed away tens of millions of dollars. And not just like 10 or 20. More like 40 or 50.

And it all goes back to Roberts.

I believe this game has potential but to be totally 100% honest, Chris Roberts has got to go. He is a terrible leader and demands too much of a game that really has nothing to show for. I understand CIG was built from scratch, and takes time to hire talent etc, its been 5 years now and all they have is a minor playable system that has "acceptable" framerates, but not great fps.

Frame rates are the least of Star Citizens problems right now. Chris Roberts isn't going anywhere. He does need someone to reign his ass in and hold him accountable, but he's kind of the guy who started the whole thing. Getting rid of him isn't likely. I don't think anyone can unless he agrees to sell whatever he owns to another company and the new owners throw him out.

Wait sec, they aren't rolling out a game....

They are rolling out a brand new web site!

And new T-Shirts!!

And some crappy alpha code hot-mess for you to "test"!!!

And all this after only being in development for just over 5 years and pouring nearly 165 million dollars into the effort.

Maybe I should sign up now? Nawwww.

:cool:

Got my Wave 1 PTU invite check your RSI SETTINGS page, invites for Concierge next and after that Subscribers. See you in the 'verse :D

P.S: It's best to check your account page on the RSI website directly 'cause the emails take longer to get to people.

TY6ZAkN.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JRUHg
like this
Awesome, I did PTU for 2.4 I think it was, doubt that I'll have the time for this till it lands in a month or two on the PU but looking forward to it :D

I got the email, hopefully it goes well so the 3rd part of the invites go out. I got the next 5 days off and I need to see if my new system build and overclocks are going to be stable haha.

Is it true that the planetary landings are predetermined?
False lol. Feel free to believe all the FUD people are desperately attempting to spread tho.

A quick Daymar night time adventure

Here I'm approaching the dark side of Daymar
StarCitizen 2017-11-23 16-55-17-67.png

Entering the atmosphere
StarCitizen 2017-11-23 17-01-49-55.png

I kept flying over the surface a few hundred kilometers and reached this outpost.
StarCitizen 2017-11-23 17-09-29-57.png

On foot at the outpost looking back at Crusader.
StarCitizen 2017-11-23 17-15-53-27.png

A new wave of PTU invites just went out, check your email or your MY RSI > SETTINGS page (quicker).

Edit: Turkey is ready, gf asked her mom to help with the Turkey and it smells delicious. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Nice you'll have a ton of extra ships (including ground vehicles) available to spawn as well as a million credits to test everything from buying cargo/weapons/armor/ship components, etc.

Looks Like I'm in and got everything sorted out. Flew over to Daymar and landed, I have no idea what i'm doing I feel like and old man looking at a cell phone for the first time lol. It's been a while since I booted the game up. I may have to put throw my cockpit back together, I'm just using my mouse and keyboard for the moment. I have to admit that was a pretty cool experience just flying down to the planet haha.

By the way don't forget that Levski is in as well. Open the Starmap and scroll the mouse wheel all the way out, you'll see Delamar in a much wider orbit around the star past Crusader's orbit.

Here are some pics

Moments before jumping out of Crusader
q8PpRc3.jpg

Crusader back in the distance
FP0jnFJ.jpg

Arriving at Delamar
INtbwhz.jpg

High orbit heading towards a Nav buoy
ecLopli.jpg

Preparing for descent, Levski 70Km away
qqOIsUE.jpg

Descending
qu2ssiY.jpg

Almost there
0ya9Vaq.jpg

Mining pit
frRz7II.jpg

That's Crusader back here
faygMUq.jpg

Contacting Air Traffic Control to get landing clearance and pad assignment
fJz8EXi.jpg

Enough with the pics. Everyone knows that Star Artisan can produce pretty art. How about some comments as to the underlying game mechanics? The game's interface itself? Ship systems beyond simple door controls? Helm controls and what works/doesn't work in a cockpit? The ability to actually do anything meaningful in the alpha? VR support?

Blade Runner's video should let you make up your own mind, stop assigning homework.

Looks good Lorien, can't wait to start breaking systems (I didn't make a PTU account)

I haven't been able to get into the game since downloading last night. Repeated attempts. I guess just too many people trying?

https://i.imgur.com/Gz9qvEf.png

Edit 11/25

This was resolved by removing account from PTU and recopying, then waiting approximately 15 minutes. Make sure the launcher or game is not running. The launcher was in my system tray however I don't think that impacted anything. Would still recommend closing everything.

Last edited:
Blade Runner's video should let you make up your own mind, stop assigning homework.

Looks good Lorien, can't wait to start breaking systems (I didn't make a PTU account)

Sigh... All I saw in the video is a bunch of pretty animated space art revolving around simple cockpit controls. And lots of wrist computer random button presses to bring up canned interface screens that don't seem to do anything. Was looking for some comments as to what if anything there is beneath all this. Damage models? Advanced physics? Other ships systems to interact with? Ship to ship comms? Controls customization? HOTAS support options? Any inkling of anything resembling VR support?

Back