Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by LeviathanZERO, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Lorien

Lorien [H]ardness Supreme

This was done making very good use of the game's Director Mode (now called Advanced Camera Mode) that was added to the game back in December.

Kareah

Here's a small tutorial of Director Mode:

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Ripskin and Xaeos like this.
  2. Lorien

Jump Point issue 05.05

dm.reddit.com/r/RSIsubscriber/comments/6c7rmw/jump_point_may_2017_the_spectral_eclipse/

[​IMG]

3. Smoeki

Smoeki Gawd

Hey, if anyone is currently an Imperator Subscriber and get the extra sub flair each month. I stopped my subscription but i have a backlog of extra sub flair from the past 2 years. if you want to trade your extra new one for an old one let me know.

4. Skott

Skott 2[H]4U

I got myself two T16000fcs flight sticks in anticipation of SC 3.0 Also got two arm rests (already in use). So I'm all set for end of June or early July when it releases.

5. Bawjaws

Bawjaws n00bie

June or July of which year?

6. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger Ale, an alcoholic's best friend.

Are these the go to stick for under $100 right now? I've wanted another flight stick for a long time and the options always look too cheap or way too expensive.

7. Xaeos

Xaeos [H]ardness Supreme

Indeed, the stick by itself anyway is under $100... I think its around $70?. Make sure you get the T.16000M (the M is important, non-M is the older version. New version is orange/black, old one is green/black) when you're searching. You can also pick up the full on HOTAS with the new stick + new throttle for $122 on Amazon at current. Note that if you decide you want pedals later, they also have a newer set of pedals to go with this collection so to speak

The only other "mid priced" HOTAS is a bit more expensive, the Saitek X-56 "Rhino" . Some would consider it a step up from the Thrustmaster hardware in every way, including price - its about $250 There is some potential QA issues with earlier versions of Saitek hardware which there really shouldn't have been for what is charged, but they were recently acquired by Logitech a while ago. Given Logitech has better QA and a good return policy, I'd feel more comfortable about buying a Saitek product now and if I did, the X-56 would be the one I'd buy. Still, the Thrustmaster might offer a better value right now if it serves you needs.

After these, the price jumps considerably to about $400 or so for Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, various sticks and equipment from that Russian VKB company etc.. and other high end flight sim stuff.

Its also worth mentioning that Star Citizen had planned to have a lineup of new, custom sticks/HOTAS created for them but that was when Saitek was still under Madcatz, so that deal fell through when MadCatz sold them off to Logitech. No updates last I checked on the status of renegotiating, but its at least worth considering in the long run as about 4 months ago I was told by a rep from CIG they were still interested in getting the sticks made.

8. Skott

Skott 2[H]4U

You can still find the T16000m for around $50-$60 new but they go fast when in stock. The m-model is black and grey and the newer T16000fcs is orange and black and goes for around $70. The best place to consistently find the m-model is on ebay I have discovered. You can buy them new or used. Most stores have the newer fcs-model in stock. I'm guessing the m- model is being phased out probably already stopped production of them and the stock will soon dry up. These are the best under $100 sticks to get if you need a left hander or want a dual stick set up. There is HOTAS set up as well but that's a bit different type of set up. My research has shown that the T16000m/fcs is extremely popular for SC and in big demand. There are many threads and YT videos talking about them. Plenty of reviews for a person to read and watch to help them make a informed decision.

SC 3.0 Alpha is slated to release June 30th - July 7th 2017. They pushed the date back recently to add a few things and give it more polish I hear but its not far off now. Its getting very close. I figure July for sure. I'm starting to get ready now and think seriously how I want to jump in. I would tell others to wait for at least 3.0 before doing so.

9. Lorien

So I've had every single member of our org added to my contacts list for quite some time but the way it works for now to be able to see one another online both players have to add each other.
    Doing it through the website is far easier than in game, just visit the player's profile page (while logged in to the site of course) and clicking the +Follow button will add them to your in-game contacts list.

At least add me and I can hook you up with ships to try and whatnot. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Lorien

10. DWolvin

DWolvin [H]ard|Gawd

Good to know- I'll try it tonight!

11. Lorien

Ya just happened to be off today and logged in early and found Bowhuntr11 on the same server and spent some time showing him the sights around Crusader.

12. Lorien

wtf lol

Ripskin likes this.
  13. Lorien

3.0 bits of info from here and there that the devs have shared.

The redesigned Cutlass will focus on EVA-driven deployment of boarding troops. It'll carry 9 people: Pilot, Co-Pilot, Turret Gunner and 6 jump seats in the back.
    The 3 moons will each have their own unique atmosphere AND gravity. Yela frozen, Celling Volcanic, Daymar balanced.
    The first systems that flesh out and define the multicrew experience are coming with 3.0. They are introducing the first iteration of the power management system for engines, shields and weapons. Overclocking of components to operate beyond their base specs and the wear and tear associated with doing that will come later.

Better to quote the source than paraphrasing.

Ripskin likes this.
  14. Ripskin

Ripskin [H]ard|Gawd

Nice, I miss being able to allocate power quite a lot.

15. Cirkustanz

Cirkustanz Limp Gawd

I just followed you. (On SC my name is Chronophasia) I've been eyeing SC for quite a while, but I really hate the starter ship. I'd love a chance to try some other ships if you're able to assist.

16. dR.Jester

dR.Jester 2[H]4U

17. Lorien

Cool, I'll be online tonight.

Edit: Apologies if anyone went looking for me in-game over the weekend, the Path of Exile 3.0 Beta started on Friday and spent the weekend playing that and haven't logged on to SC at all lol.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  18. dR.Jester

dR.Jester 2[H]4U

Hearing 3.0 delayed until end of July?

19. Cirkustanz

Cirkustanz Limp Gawd

No worries, I've decided to shelve this game. I just don't think it is for me. Thanks for offering!

20. Pringle

Pringle 2[H]4U

I, for one, am shocked

Ocellaris, LightsOut41 and tunatime like this.
  21. Lorien

Edit: During Father's day weekend everyone gets to try the M50 for free, ends Tuesday.

Jump Point issue 05.06

dm.reddit.com/r/RSIsubscriber/comments/6hs4ru/jump_point_june_2017_environmental_sustainability/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  22. Skott

Skott 2[H]4U

Correct. The new time frame runs last week or two of July. 27th I think is their latest. The good news is that they have added many new things to 3.0 and when it does launch it will be a major milestone in the Alpha stage.

23. electech98

electech98 2[H]4U

2012 start date -----> 2017, still in Alpha.

This is why I got me a refund.

LightsOut41 likes this.
  24. DWolvin

DWolvin [H]ard|Gawd

Bye Felisha!

Seriously, if you are not excited by 3.0 you are in the wrong thread.

Ripskin likes this.
  25. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah. I went in for the minimum amount to get both games. Going to ride this one out to the end. I am confident it will be worth my $45 eventually. Already is really. Even if only to ride around in a cool ass ship with those graphics.

Ripskin, MavericK and DWolvin like this.